[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dave Meltzer on disliking WrestleMania 33!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: 2017-04-03_231921.png (1MB, 1000x518px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-03_231921.png
1MB, 1000x518px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA06QaGFARY
>>
>>2472778
>listening to the kike jew motherfucker le memetzer

no
>>
File: Meltz.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Meltz.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
https://youtu.be/08OzKr-JytI?t=32m46s
>32:48
What did Meltz mean by this?
>>
who cares what this irrelevant kike thinks
>>
>>2472778
idc
>>
>>2472778
I disliked it too.
>>
>Cuckter triggered into samefagging about Big Dick Dave
>>
>>2472778
>reuploading other peoples content and shilling it here for views
kill your fucking self
>>
I loved the entrance ramp. Every entrance looked epic.
>>
Mania was okay. That's all. Just okay
>>
>>2472791
his voice used to be so fucking high pitched
>>
Oh is Meltzer sad it didn't contain any of his weeb fantasies?
The story telling in the Reigns-Taker match trumps whatever the hell goes on in Japan cause story > wrasslin
>>
>>2472778
He's just some random dude with an opinion as valid as anyone
Who cares enough to listen to a long-ass video

>>2472833
seething
>>
>>2472785
>>2472816
>Meltzer says Roman sells merch
Based Meltzer BTFOing smarks.
>Meltzer says Roman is maybe the second biggest draw, along with two other guys.
Based Meltzer BTFOing smarks.
>Meltzer doesn't like Wrestlememia.
">le meltz"

What did overweight cringelords mean by this?
>>
>>2472859
tl;dw: Nothing in the show sucked. There were some dissapointing stuff and some cool stuff, but the show was too fucking long, which it's true. Crowd was completely devoid of energy before the main event.
>>
>>2472868
>fact
>fact
>opinion
>>
>>2472846
All the hgh he takes now
>>
>>2472868
>caring about any of this at all while you yourself weigh 400 lbs and have a neckbeard

stop projecting and get a clue jabroni
>>
>>2472859

The stories as of late in NJPW have been great, you just have to commit a little more to find out what they are because language barrier. The English commentary helps a bit.

That match last night was not great storytelling, unfortunately. I wanted it to be. Reigns doesn't have to pacing, presence, or selling ability to tell a great story yet. And Taker was too old to carry anything, he's never been great at that desu. It was a shitty situation. A Taker v Cena or Taker v AJ, or even Taker v HHH would of all been much better options and would of sold the imprtance of one last Dance with the deadman imo.
>>
>>2472868
>different people say different things
great observation you fucking retard
>>
>>2472843
>Mania was okay. That's all. Just okay

no it was fucking awesome. That's all
>>
>>2473037
It had some good Wrestlemania Moments™ but top to bottom, the show was okay. There was no one match that was really amazing.
>>
File: 332654.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
332654.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>2473037
>>
>>2473053
AJ Styles vs Shane was a seven star match.
fuck omega.
>>
>>2473078
It had cool spots but outside of like the 2 or 3 spots, it was a pretty boring match
>>
>>2473070
nice try
>>
>>2473078
why are you replying to a tripfag
>>
I agree. WM33 was pretty poor. About as poor as last years offering to be quite frank.

I see people praising it on various sites and social media, but that is (in my opinion) a symptom of people becoming normalised to how shit Mania has become. They expect this crap now, so it's fine by them.

There were almost no good matches without big caveats to them. I'll lost a few examples of what I mean.

>Shane vs AJ
It was good for what it was, but that's it. People are heaping a ton of praise on it because it was actually a match where for once in his life Shane didn't rely heavily on his dare devil gimmick.

As a match in itself it was distinctly OK, and end that is almost all down to AJ who carried the ever living fuck out of Shane, and actually made him look competent at times. AJ is a damn miracle worker to have saved this at all.

>Brock vs Goldberg
People use the same phrase for this and the Shane match. "It's good for what it was!" But what was it? A 5 minute match without about 3 moves spammed over and over. It wasn't bad simply because the booker (wisely) didn't give it the time to get bad.

>Taker vs Reigns
Honestly, this was easily the worst match of the night. Constant botches, and Undertaker looked like he wanted to be in any other place but WrestleMania.

It was slow, plodding, and honestly uncomfortable to watch a broken down old man like Undertaker struggle and shuffle around the ring.
>>
>>2473256
>About as poor as last years offering

lol how? Are you a taker mark?
>>
>>2473264
I said Taker had the worst match of the night, so clearly not.

But it was pretty bad. Not awful, just plain bad. The ads and promo clips were given more time than some matches (quite literally). Pitbull mini concert that could have been a match, but this is standard for Mania now. Went way too long. The matches often relied on gimmicky booking to hide the flaws... and so on.

Like if you watch the good Manias and then 33, the difference is night and day.
>>
>>2473312
Oh you're not a taker mark. YOU ARE undertaker trying to make up for that shitty ending to your career by shitting on everyone else's matches which were fine. Go back to bed 'deadman'
>>
>>2473256
Tbqh I thought Orton/Wyatt was far worse than Taker/Reigns.

Orton/Wyatt might actually be the worst title match in Wrestlemania history.
>>
>>2473329
The Taker match and retirement (or whatever), was the turd in the perverbial toilet bowl that was WM33.

They tried to mask that shitty last match by making it super emotional, but honestly, it wasn't worthy getting emotional for.

It was an old man unable to barely move for like 15 minutes. Just fucking sad.
>>
Daily reminder that Dave is a weeb manlet autist.

No wonder /asp/ loves him. Gooble Gobble.
>>
trips had the motn
>>
bimping/
>>
Only bad parts of Wrestlemania were Orton/Wyatt and Taker/Reigns (Dean/Corbin was boring but it was the preshow).
Everything else ranged from solid to pretty good otherwise.

7.7/10
It was a fun one. Probably in the top ten Wrestlemania's.
>>
XXX is still the best mania of last 10 years
>>
>>2472868
>/asp/ is one person
>>
>>2472778
Fuck Meltzer. That mania put a stupid smile on my face. I'm still marking out about the Hardyz. Even the preshow was good if you forget about Deans match
>>
>>2473256
Kill yourself.
>>
>>2473607
Decent post. It's short and to the point but still leaves a lot to be desired. Not exactly sure what story is trying to be told here but good for what it is.
>>
>>2473474
It's the last good WM.
>>
>>2473632
cringe
>>
>>2473664
While I do think XXX is better, this year's was good too. Both are incredibly memorable.
>>
This mania would've been perfect if it ended 3 hours earlier. I'll probably be able to look back at it fondly on the future.
>>2473452
>bumping on /asp/ of all places
>>
>>2472778
Does he have ADD or something
>>
File: RosenbergHS1296.jpg (365KB, 1296x729px) Image search: [Google]
RosenbergHS1296.jpg
365KB, 1296x729px
>>2472778
>Hello fellow white man.
>>
>>2472846
I think that videos audio might be intentionally pitched up to avoid copyright ID detection, cause JR is right before Meltzer and he sounds high pitched as fuck too.
>>
>>2473771
to be fair threads were dying in record time last night, even as fast as two whole hours
>>
>>2473819
copyright ID is only for music
>>
>>2473771
yep, last few mania's have also benefited from low (or no) expectations. length of the show is only really a problem because most of it is pointless filler for the sake of having a long show
>>
Is it just me or meltz always has complete shit opinions?
>>
>>2473854
Dave iis GOAT
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.