[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was truly the bigger draw?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: OH8[]S8H0L%Y(D31JWP~N%U.jpg (70KB, 952x488px) Image search: [Google]
OH8[]S8H0L%Y(D31JWP~N%U.jpg
70KB, 952x488px
Who was truly the bigger draw?
>>
At the time probably Hogan, now I'd say Austin.
>>
"He [Austin] surpassed all of [Hulk] Hogan's records... in terms of merchandising and licensing, and pay-per-view and live events. Without question the most popular performer we've ever had."

- Vince McMahon, Michael Landsberg interview 2003
>>
>>2451465
The taller one.
>>
$20 says an Austin pop would trump a hogan pop at mania
>>
File: austinhoga.png (16KB, 576x189px) Image search: [Google]
austinhoga.png
16KB, 576x189px
>>
>>2451465
hogan was on top longer for 3 different companies in an age without easy accessible communication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9AD3ALF-ps
>>
>>2451481
>At the time
at what time? austin was a bigger draw in the AE
>>
Austin

They're still riding off the fumes of the A.E

When Hulkamania ended the WWE was scraping to survive for years afterwards
>>
>>2451465
Austin

Hoganetty had a much nicer deal though, got a giant percentage of PPV sales unlike anybody else ever.
>>
>>2451509
>in an age without easy accessible communication.

lol?
>>
>>2451515
That's a pretty good point but I would suggest that both WCW and ECW contributed to the Attitude Era whereas during Hulkamania there wasn't really any competition.
>>
>>2451465
Austin made more in 10 minutes than Hogan made in his 1300 years in the company
>>
>>2451531
no internet, no cell phone unless youre rich af and you had to pay long distance calling. you couldnt find a damn wrestling shirt in all the typical big box stores until 1999 or 2000.
>>
>>2451498
>le meltz
>>
>>2451552
lol ECW was not competition what kind of revisionist bullshit has WWE put out to make that the narrative now
>>
>>2451496
Trump would trump them both
>>
>>2451561
Due to inflation.
>>
>>2451615
Where did I say they were? Better luck next time, Anon.
>>
>>2451552
>during Hulkamania there wasn't really any competition.
Because the Hulkster leg dropped the territories into oblivion.
>>
Hogan was a draw in 3 different decades as a face and a heel. How is this even up for debate?
>>
>>2451639
you directly implied it was when you said "both WCW and ECW contributed to the attitude era" but during hulkamania there "wasn't really any competition"
>>
Hogan is the bigger draw and everyone knows who he is. Casuals don't even remember who Austin is and wouldn't recognize him in the airport. Austin is the Janetty and he knows it and thats why he turned down having a match with Hulkster. He knew he would get booed
>>
Hogan is the biggest wrestling draw; Austin is the biggest WWE draw.
>>
>>2451699
Sit down mark
>>
>>2451726
>implying I can stand-up
>>
>>2451744
vintage markynolegs working himself into a shoot
>>
>>2451665
lol moron
>>
File: 1477442329428.jpg (762KB, 1958x2937px) Image search: [Google]
1477442329428.jpg
762KB, 1958x2937px
>>2451760
>say something stupid
"hey retard that's stupid"
>"lol moron"
nice one toddler
>>
Austin had a hot 3 years in the late 90's, before that he was struggling in the WCW as well as in the WWE.

Hulk was the definition of pro wrestling throughout the 80's, then he retired and came back to dominate WCW and cement his legacy as the biggest star in the wrestling industry.

3 years vs. 2 decades. It's clear.
>>
>>2451843
>struggling in the WCW
he was literally in one of the most over tag teams at the time
whats up with these kiddies who werent alive trying to recite history they didn't live through
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.