[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this match so overrated? Honestly, and without any /asp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: {53)C0W$8`S$283SGKNPP_U.jpg (742KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
{53)C0W$8`S$283SGKNPP_U.jpg
742KB, 2560x1600px
Why is this match so overrated? Honestly, and without any /asp/ shitposting. It wasn't a shit match, but it really wasn't anything special. Was it a relic of the times?
>>
>>2442014
Mostly stood out because every other match on that card was shit
>>
Stuff like that wasn't seen at the time, especially the WWF.
>>
>>2442052
but it was just ricky throwing savage outside the ring for 20 minutes
why do guys, even today (punk, regal, austin) call it one of the best mania matches
>>
>>2442014
The stuff that today is "nothing special" was absolutely amazing and groundbreaking at the time, especially in the WWF

Today you have people doing flips and flops everywhere while bleeding profusely and getting stiff shots to the face

Back then people used fucking dropkicks as finishing maneuvers

It's not overrated in any kind

It's just like Citizen Kane, that movie is considered one of the best of all time even though today anyone could see it and say "meh", it's because the fact that today you can still watch that 1940's movie and call it "watchable" or "pretty good" speaks volumes of the astounding quality of the film itself at the time.
>>
>>2442014
Very unique for its time and place, especially in the WWF where match quality wasn't a focus at all. It also had great build to back it up at the time. Seeing it out of context now just doesn't do it justice.
>>
It's a great match. I can watch it over again every once in a while and not be tired of it. But I'm not sure about its GOAT status. It probably was back then, because it was a masterpiece in a show/company that even then put far more focus on spectacle and moments than actual match quality.
It's probably just barely outside my top ten.
>>
Because WWF's match quality was fucking garbage and Savage/Steamboat put on a genuinely great match and really upstaged Hogan/Andre.
It was before my time but I saw it as a kid in the 00's and it blew my mind still. It's a great fucking match
>>
>>2442014
Macho Manetty never drew a dime, Dick Blood deserved to go over and bury the kike.
>>
>>2442069
This.

The fact that it holds up and is still a good match when it originates from an era that is almost painful to revisit speaks volumes.

As with Citizen Kane, it has been copied and modified and stolen from and discussed to the point of common cliche. Guys still take lessons from this match that we see today, which is why there is "nothing special" about it.
>>
>>2442066
because that stuff literally didn't happen in the WWF. Either the heel cheated and won, the babyface beat the odds and won. There were no false finishes
>>
>>2442168
Is that you old spice
>>
>>2442168
take off your trip
>>
>>2442191
>The fact that it holds up and is still a good match when it originates from an era that is almost painful to revisit speaks volumes.
but it doesn't hold up as a good match its shit
>>
>>2442069
>>2442191
Samefag as fuck
>>
>>2442258
(You)
>>
>>2442014
I agree.

The Steamboat/Flair matches were better.
>>
>>2442265
Nice photoshop
>>
>>2442283
But only rednecks watched them. Wrestlemania III was a huge event during the peak of the Rock and Wrestling era
>>
Meme match spouted by indians to seem like they know what they are talking about

>>2442168
> but I saw it as a kid in the 00's and it blew my mind still
No it didnt
Stop spouting shit about a meme match you have never see
>>
It was an NWA style match in a company that mostly had shit wrestling.
>>
>>2442168
Are you old spice or not cause you say the same shit as he does and are usuing one of his names
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.