[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making the switch to NJPW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: wwe-vs-njpw-3950995160.jpg (74KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
wwe-vs-njpw-3950995160.jpg
74KB, 700x450px
Who else is done with WWE if WrestleMania disappoints this year? I doubt we'll get a 5 star match out of this mediocre card.
>>
>It took till 2017 to realize wwe is a shit product

Get your life together.
>>
>>2428593
>>
Certain eras of WWE will have a special place always in our hearts allways. Right now tho RAW is done, it is a festering wound tainting everything around it. Smackdown has been decent to great tho. I gave up watching Raw two weeks ago and dont regret it.
>>
>>2428593
I'm done when Asuka gets called up as she's the last of my fav 5 that hasn't been ruined
>>
Nigga no one outside of wrestling fans give a fuck about wrestling, or how good a match is
>>
I'll give it a shot, it's only ten bucks
>>
My advice is not to just switch to NJPW but to use this as an opportunity to explore a multitude of other promotions. NJ is probably the best promotion right now but even they will do shit that will have you scratching your head. Best to mix NJ in with other promotions.
>>
>>2428688
Aren't we wrestling fans though? Don't also only music fans care about how good a musical work is? Or only video game fans care about how good a video game is? If your point is that WWE, and Wrestlemania in particular, is a spectacle for non-fans, then shouldn't wrestling fans not watch or care about WWE like OP is implying?
>>
>>2428707

Come and watch CMLL too while you're at it. That shit is fun to watch when you got a couple of your mates over, drunk as fuck
>>
File: naito-shibata.gif (831KB, 200x135px) Image search: [Google]
naito-shibata.gif
831KB, 200x135px
I'm jumped on board the NJPW bandwagon back in 2015 during their G1 Climax. It was just as Tetsuya Naito turned and got into this kickass feud with Katsuyori Shibata. After that, I was an instant fan.

I know WWE anti-smarks here will shit all over it without ever even watching it, but I'm not even mad... I just feel sorry for them for missing out on something awesome, and putting up with another mediocre Wrestlemania.
>>
>>2428798
WWE drones can't think for themselves thats why
>>
File: rpgvice6.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rpgvice6.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>not watching new japan
>missing out on based ROPPONGI VICE

HA, THATS A JOKE.
>>
Havent watch all hours in a long time
>>
>>2428593
I'd unironically watch CZW before watching NJPW really
Or RoH, even Jarrett's Impact Wrestling
>>
gbt Reddit

We aren't wrestling fans we are WWE fans
>>
File: 1467986789029.png (213KB, 515x444px) Image search: [Google]
1467986789029.png
213KB, 515x444px
>>2428835
I'm sure you'd unironically take a penis in your ass, but that says more about you, and not new japan.
>>
>>2428872
>having a picture of that faggot saved on your computer

you faggot kids should have stayed on gaia and newgrounds
fuck you
>>
File: count cheska.gif (982KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
count cheska.gif
982KB, 300x300px
>>2428883
>>
>>2428883
>Getting this triggered by THE BEST TEETH IN THE FUCKING GAME
>>
Anon, if you're sick of WWE & looking to get into other promotions, I'd also recommend Dragon Gate, PROGRESS & DDT.
>>
>>2428593
Stopped watching WWE after the rumble. Wish I stopped sooner
>>
>>2428593
How do you switch exactly? I don't know where to watch NJPW but would if I could.
>>
I started watching puroresu cause I got tired of WWE too...but then I got bored of NJPW. A lot of criticism WWE gets is applicable to NJPW.

Haven't watched any of their shows since WK, tho I did watch Suzuki/Okada which I didn't like.. Just going to stick with the bigger one's now. In trying to give NOAH another chance but it's hard watching a corpse of a promotion.
>>
>>2428604
based
>>
>>2429092
Should note I'm bored of modern puroresu. Old stuff is still great to watch back.
>>
>>2428741
Non-fans don't watch wrestlemania
>>
>>2429092
last great voyage show was decent
>>
>>2428593
We'll keep watching WWE because it's WWE. There's always been good and bad, and even though it's mostly bad now, it's still...fuck I have nothing to justify this with.
It's shiny and expensive, I guess. It has big sets and big crowds that are...mostly silent. Or chanting stupid shit.
It's got Undertaker. I don't think that's a plus anymore, though.
It's got some good wrestlers who put on some pretty solid matches sometimes on PPVs. Then get buried immediately for no reason.

Stop making me think so much. I don't want to hate WWE as much as I do.
>>
How about giving up on wrestling as a whole like im doing after this shitfest. I rather be an anime fan or comic fan than a fan of a pg fake sports entertainment shitfest.
>>
File: ching chong po.jpg (261KB, 722x678px) Image search: [Google]
ching chong po.jpg
261KB, 722x678px
>mfw I just got into NJPW because I see nothing but shit on the WWE horizon
>mfw I have years worth of 5 star matches to watch
>mfw each one is even better than the last
>mfw I haven't been this entertained by WWE in years
>mfw I'm watching Omega vs Naito at G1 Climax right now and they're spitting on each other

If this is what you guys call outlaw rasslin then sign me up. This is fantastic.
>>
>>2429120
>giving up on wrestling as a whole

Dude, there's so much great wrestling that does everything people wish WWE would do & does it with no problems. NJPW (big shows at least), Dragon Gate, PROGRESS, AJPW, DDT etc. are all great promotions & are all worth checking out.

Don't let WEW ruin wrestling for ya, mate.
>>
There will be a 5 star match, but it's on the pre-show.
>>
>>2429092
What happened to NOAH?
>>
>phone poster trying to viral some outlaw program that nobody understands except weebs and nips

Hipster threads disgust me
>>
File: 1488827200081.jpg (470KB, 1161x2064px) Image search: [Google]
1488827200081.jpg
470KB, 1161x2064px
>>2429491
hello there E-Drone
>>
File: cry.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>Watch Wrestle Kingdom from start to finish
>Probably only gonna check the Taker match this Wrestlemania
What went so fucking wrong? Why is WWE unable to do anything interesting?
>>
>>2429519
the Taker match is literally the least interesting thing on the card.
Not saying anything else is interesting, but honestly it hurts just to watch him move.
>>
>>2429523
Yeah, but it's gonna be fascinating. Reigns has a legitimate chance of winning and the crowd is gonna be all in for that match.
>>
>>2429410
I like sports entertainment though. I dont like the boring pile of shit it has become, but WWE's (and WCW's at the time) unique mixture of wrestling and theatre is what made me a fan.

Lucha Underground is too campy and stupid, and I don't really like lucha style anyway. New Japan is great, their wrestling is exactly what wrestling needs to be and their creative is decent, there just isn't enough focus on storyline to keep me hooked. And all the indies just feel silly and unimportant, like there's a huge elephant in the room. It's like getting worked up about a local friendly football match while the world cup is on.

I just can't see myself sticking with wrestling once I've given up on WWE, there really is nothing like it.
>>
File: deanweeb.jpg (243KB, 1409x1523px) Image search: [Google]
deanweeb.jpg
243KB, 1409x1523px
>>2429491
You want a bitter pill? And you're going to flipout but it's carters new gimmick now that CM Punk and Roman Reigns got old. The E-drone threads, NJPW threads constantly creating a fake war. He tried to do this with Becky and Alexa generals too, oh and he is blissboi and bexbro
>>
File: NOAH.gif (726KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
NOAH.gif
726KB, 200x194px
>>2429529
Thing is, many promotions mixes character & storylines. Dragon Gate does it, DDT mixes comedy & wrestling (a lot of their comedy is a parody on the sports entertainment style of WWE) etc.

>>2429476
Long story short:

>Loses TV deal
>Top star & founder Misawa dies in a tag match
>Other top star in Kenta Kobashi suffers a ton of injuries due to years of wrestling, eventually retiring in 2013
>Other stars they push don't get as over as Misawa or Kobashi, due to numerous reasons
>It was revealed that NOAH had some ties to the Yakuza
>KENTA (who they pushed as one of their top guys) leaves for WWE
>After years of plummenting attendance, they get bought by Bushiroad, who owns NJPW
>Goes through a Suzuki-gun angle that was fucking horrible & lasted 2 years
>Went from selling out Tokyo Dome, to gif related
>>
>>2428883
I don't think they are kids anymore if they went through those two websites. Btw nostalgia, man.
>>
File: CRAZY DAIYAMONDO.jpg (121KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
CRAZY DAIYAMONDO.jpg
121KB, 799x599px
I think I might actually start watching NJPW if this year disappoints.

Where would I get started? What are some good matches to watch to get a taste for the show? Is there vanilla midgets?
>>
>>2429940
WK 11 is a pretty good place to start. For good matches? Kenny Omega vs. Tomohiro Ishii, Hiromu Takahashi vs. KUSHIDA, Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito

An as for vanilla midgets, they have small guys, but a lot of them have some character to them.
>>
>>2428593
I switched jan 2016 and have not looked back
>>
Other promotions don't have the larger than life characters and don't tour enough. It's fun to be there live for their shows. I just wanna be sports entertained
>>
>He fell for the five star meme
>>
>>2429940
>If this year disappoints
>If
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.