[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gail Kim upset over Impact not getting any credit for Women's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: 2017-03-26_223357.png (216KB, 1190x955px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-26_223357.png
216KB, 1190x955px
Stephanie McMahon spoke with ESPN earlier in the week about how Triple H and the fans (#GiveDivasAChance) were the catalyst for the revolution that occurred in the WWE Women's Division. 6-time Knockouts Champion,

Gail Kim, responded to that thought on Twitter(in the PIC), giving credit to TNA/Impact Wrestling for the change in women's wrestling. Kim held the WWE Women's Championship on one occasion for 28 days.
>>
Here is what Stephanie Said:

> “It came about for a couple of different reasons. One, my husband, Paul Levesque, known as “Triple H” … he’s in charge of all our talent development. And what he wanted was to recruit the most elite athletes in the world, male and female, and he wanted to give the platform to really train. So men and women were trained the exact same way. And not only that, then in NXT, which started off as our developmental brand… and is now a global touring brand, the women were actually given the same amount of time in their matches on television as the men, which had never really happened before. So this groundswell came about from our audience. And, of course, on the executive side a number of us had been advocating for this for a long time, but then, there was a match on Monday Night Raw and it featured a tag team match of our, what was then called the Divas division, that lasted all of thirty seconds, and our fans started a trend called “Give Divas A Chance” that trended worldwide for three days.

> And their voice was so loud, and so strong that our chairman and CEO [Vince McMahon] responded and said “we hear you, keep watching #GiveDivasAChance”. And since then, at last year’s WrestleMania, again on our grandest stage, WWE Hall of Famer Lita came out to the ring and she announced that we were rebranding the Divas division to the Women’s division, she unveiled the new championship belt which evolved from a butterfly to a championship belt more akin to the men’s, and said that our female athletes are now going to be called Superstars – just like the men.

> And since that time, our women have competed in main events from television storylines to pay-per-views and – we still have a long way to go, but we’re certainly getting there, and they’re incredibly talented – all of our women, and all of the women who’ve paved the way throughout history.”
>>
>>2415500
Wah wah wah boo hoo.

Technically aj lee nagged stephanie into doing it on twotter. Wwe loves twotter.
>>
No fan support for Gail on Twitter it seems...some of the comments...

> Gail Kim is the best pro wrestler ever. Don't believe me? Ask Gail Kim. She will tell you over. And over. And over. And over again. She's had one memorable feud in her entire career (vs Awesome Kong), but pretends like she's the second coming of Hulk Hogan.

> She did get her opportunity and she failed to take advantage of it in the WWE. Everybody knows TNA will push any former WWE star they get.

> Stephanie had to look Gail Kim up just to see if she was somebody who worked there before or just a troll, then realized that she was the woman who rolled out of the ring during a battle royal and nobody realized it until later because she's so insignificant and had a good laugh at the woman she forgot ever existed.

> A show almost no one watches revolutionized women's wrestling? If you say so, Gail. Whatever makes you feel better.

> You know there are many women's wrestling promotions like Shimmer, Stardom, and Shine that keep the women's wrestling going full circle without having its talents brag about it on social media.

> Shimmer & other Women's promotions started before the Knockouts, Gail. You're welcome
>>
>acknowledging someone way way way beneath them
Gail is not a smart lass isnt she?
>>
You mean Shimmer and Women Of Wrestling (WOW). Impact Wrestling had Bra and Panties Matches till 2014, even Santana Garette had to strip down for that shit company. Camera men are till today ordered to get upskirts and zoom in on ass when women enter the ring. Gail can credit herself if she wants to, but don't credit TNA for anything
>>
Womens wrestling is only now regaining some of the credibility it had in the 90s
>>
Imagine giving a single fuck about women's wrestling
>>
>>2415537
Nah 80s.
>>
>>2415500
The TNA knockout division in 07-09 was the GOAT womyn's wrestling division, nothing lolWWE have done has come anywhere close to it
>>
>>2415559
And it never drew a dime or popped ratings above 2.0 or sold big ppvs.
>>
>>2415501
She believes her own lies
>>
>>2415531
>Impact Wrestling had Bra and Panties Matches till 2014, even Santana Garette had to strip down for that shit company. Camera men are till today ordered to get upskirts and zoom in on ass when women enter the ring
So? That's the only real way that womyn draw in wrestling
>>
>>2415566
Neither has WWE's womyn's division
>>
>>2415559
gb2mecca
>>
File: 1355431569325.jpg (33KB, 262x360px) Image search: [Google]
1355431569325.jpg
33KB, 262x360px
>>2415574
>children's TV mark getting all mad
>>
>>2415571
Nobody cares about wymmens wrestling. But wwe's is above theirs popularity wise.

None will ever matter without sex appeal.
>>
I'll admit that even as a man that never watched TNA, I read several times online around 2008 about Awesome Kong and Gail Kim's matches over there despite not knowing who Awesome Kong was.....and this was during a period when nobody gave a shit about WWE women's matches unless clothes were being ripped off. So I can understand where the saltiness is coming from....

But she should know better than to expect WWE or its fans to give TNA credit for anything, even if it's warranted
>>
>>2415585
> lolmecca pretends to be casual

have sex with a negroid.
>>
TNA's division had nothing to do with WWE taking women more seriously, so why would she get credit for that?
>>
>>2415584
>But wwe's is above theirs popularity wise
It wasn't in 07-09

WWE womyn's division has always been the pissbreak match and still is today
>>
Gail isn't really wrong, but that bitch is retarded if she thinks anyone in the WWE is going to give credit to TNA for this
>>
>>2415500
Women's wrestling peaked with AJW so both Gail and WWE should stop shilling their own horseshit "revolution"
>>
>>2415559
2008 was meh and 2009 was shit
>>
>>2415660
I don't exactly think she expected that
>>
>>2415690
Yeah she's just a giant mark for herself
>>
What's the best women's match of all time?
>>
>>2415695
Just like Asgooka. Fucking Asians are cancer
>>
>>2415703
Manami Toyota vs. Kyoko Inoue (AJW 4/25/92

*****+++ from Big Dave
>>
>>2415703
The Fatal Four way match at one of the Takeover events. Not joking, it was seriously one of the best female matches ever.
>>
>>2415703
Sasha vs Bayley obvs
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
>>2415500
>Stephanie McMahon spoke with ESPN earlier in the week about how Triple H and the fans (#GiveDivasAChance) were the catalyst for the revolution that occurred in the WWE Women's Division.

...this woman is a delusional cunt. No one was asking for ugly skanks dressed like 23rd century prostitutes doing things half as well as men.

Don't we read that WWE's ratings plummeting every week? They're giving away Wrestlemania for free. WWE is just a stock scam at this point.
>>
Gail is definitely right. TNA was known for their strong women's division and X-division which set them apart from WWE at the time. Then Hogan and Bischoff came in and kind of threw it all away.

But TNA did feature their women much more prominently, putting them in storylines and letting them show their talents, before WWE even considered anything like it
>>
>>2415773
The Knockouts had one good year and that was its first year. It was shit immediately after and way before Hogan and Bischoff even came in
>>
>>2415559
Alundra Blayze squashing japs in the nineties > anything tna has ever done
>>
>>2415500
It helps these days if the Revolution is Televised.
>>
>>2415810
*Aja Kong squashing jobbers > everything else
>>
>>2415707
Asuka is actually good tho
>>
>>2415926
Kek no she isn't. Gail shits on her
>>
I saw gail kim live at a small fwe show. Was chill and held her for a pic. She looked pretty damn hot later in this short pink outfit she had on.

I fapped like a mad man that night.
>>
>>2415926
'no'
>>
>>2415703
Depends on what you like, but the correct answer is Hokuto vs Kandori.
>>
>>2415926
false and gail is still way better anyway
>>
>>2415961
>>2415943
>This Gail Kim is good meme
She sucked too and Kong carrying her 40 times doesnt change that
>>
>>2416029
Looks like Bret Hart next to Fatsuka tho. She's allowed some ego
>>
>>2416036
No she doesnt. She looks like a slower Fatsuka somehow, with shitter strikes
>>
>>2416045
I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>2415512
Its so sad to see that these literal underage babbies are too young to even know how great Gail Kim was and jump to the defense of their precious WWE
>>
>>2416050
Someone who actually has seen Gail Kim wrestle anyone other than Awesome Kong, yes I am
>>2416059
>how great Gail Kim was
Meh?
>>
>>2416059
Absolutely everything they said was correct. Gail is a delusional self mark that can't let go of the ONE good feud she ever had, like a pathetic old grandparent
>i-i was cool once kids
>>
>>2415703

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Runl2i7pV-s
>>
>>2415512
This is hilariously accurate.
>>
>>2415500
Is it truth or personal opinion?
>>
Shimmer is responsible for Womens Revoultion
>>
>>2416059
This shit right here. Most of the feedback she's getting is just her association with TNA which taints anyone defending it. Doesn't change the fact that Gail was one of the top female wrestlers in the country in the late 00s, and was by far and away the most talented diva in the WWE in a time they were pushing models and aspiring actresses who were just using WWE as a stepping stone to more mainstream media.
>>
ronda rousey's success
>>
File: GailKimRaw3.gif (667KB, 220x154px) Image search: [Google]
GailKimRaw3.gif
667KB, 220x154px
Gail Kim was like a female Daniel Bryan, a fast technical wrestler who had great striking ability. Her one weakness however was that she could sometimes get sloppy and botch. Despite that, she was definitely one of the best female wrestlers WWE ever had at the time. Up there with Phoenix, Mickie, Victoria and Natalya. Shame she was a part of the wrong era. She would kick ass now if she were 10 years younger and in NXT.
>>
>>2415500
they're just calling it women's revolution
women's wrestling is still as shit as it used to be
nothing changed
but keep patting yourself on the back WWE
>>
>>2416235
>fast
>great striking
kek, no
>>
Gail is a qt
>>
>>2416235
>any woman ever
>great striking
lol
>>
>>2416359
>>2416581
Nice argument, fuckface.
>>
>>2416581
>>2416359
It was at the very least, better than the other girls

Of course, this was when WWE was in that awkward era where they wanted their divas to be sexy, but couldn't do too much in the PG era. So they literally told her to "hit like a girl"
>>
>>2416590
Don't even need an argument for such retardation. Women can't strike for shit
>>
AJ Lee started the push for the divas revolution
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.