[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HBK says he turned down AJ Styles match at Wrestlemania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: hbk.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
hbk.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>AJ Styles is scheduled to face off against Shane McMahon at Wrestlemania 33. This is a match that has gained a lot of criticism from fans who don’t think that they are a good pairing. After the year AJ has had, WWE fans wanted to see him face an incredible wrestler on the big stage.

>It turns out that AJ Styles was originally planned to face an incredible wrestler at Wrestlemania 33, it just fell through…..

>The ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels appeared on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast and revealed that WWE wanted him to face AJ Styles at Wrestlemania 33 but he ultimately declined.

>“I could’ve had that match, they did not have an opponent for AJ at Wrestlemania”

>Shawn would go on to say that he was approached to take on AJ because fans wanted to see the match. It also had to do with them not having any other plans for AJ at the time. Michaels declined, wanting to stay retired.

>“I wish that man was here 10 years ago man, I really do”

http://www.iwnerd.com/wwe-news-original-plans-aj-styles-wrestlemania-33/
>>
File: tfw cucked.jpg (42KB, 510x427px) Image search: [Google]
tfw cucked.jpg
42KB, 510x427px
>>2406184
FUCK
That woulda salvaged this shitty WM
>>
>>2406184
I actually respect Shawn for this.
>>
>>2406184
>It also had to do with them not having any other plans for AJ

Absolute state of this company
>>
Why not Kurt?
>>
Don't believe a word Michaelsetty tells you.
>>
>>2406184
Ok :(
>>
>>2406204

exactly he stayed retired when so many others kept coming back
>>
On the one hand, good, because it would just be another spot taken up by someone not on the regular touring roster. On the other hand, bad. Very bad because the spot was taken up by someone that isn't a wrestler. After HBK fell through, just stick AJ in the main event if you have nothing better for him. At least it wouldn't scream out "we through this together last minute".
>>
>>2406184
I'm glad it didn't happen. Michaels is old school and probably admires that he went out on his back. Not to mention he had a fantastic retirement match and he wouldn't have been at his best after 7 years of ring rust.
>>
>Shawn actually stays retired
I'm surprised he didn't follow in the footsteps of his idol Wreck Flair
>>
Michaels is an old man so it would have been shit anyway
>>
>nothing for AJ

How sad is that
>>
>sam roberts isnt dead yet.

jdimsa
>>
>Best wrestler in the company
>One of the top 3 non Cena draws
>No plans

Holy shit fuck WWE.
>>
File: aj contemplates p1 life.jpg (223KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
aj contemplates p1 life.jpg
223KB, 1200x675px
>not even offered to be a guest referee appointed by Vince to """"protect""""""""""" his fragile son against Evil AJ
>>
>>2406408
Sam is ok. He's way more tolerable than that fat fuck Rosenberg at any rate.
>>
>>2406221
Nah Fuck you, this is Bray time.
>>
>>2406232
>"tazz what's shawn hickenbottom doing in the impact zone"
>>
>>2406184
>Reddit going "Woah, WWE must hold AJ in the highest regard if they approached Shawn to have a match against him"

As if fighting this retired old man would be much better than fighting the retired old man he is going to fight.

Shawn himself said they had no plans for him, WWE doesn't give a fuck about AJ, he is just the crutch they'll prop Shane against to get some nostalgia bucks at WM, and they know AJ will make him look like a million bucks.
>>
Shawn Michaels has a limp now. How the fuck do they expect him to wrestle. The same with Undercarder. Leave these old geezers out of the ring already.
>>
File: 1478502507202.jpg (58KB, 440x604px) Image search: [Google]
1478502507202.jpg
58KB, 440x604px
>>2406604
>Leave these old geezers out of the ring already
never thought i would see this. I grew up watching these guys.
>>
Damn, we could have had AJ comically overselling everything Shawn did when HBK inevitably went over.
>>
>We'll never have this 6* match

Terminate me now
>>
>>2406232
Shawn is a mark for how well he can wrestle and doesn't want to look bad
>>
>>2406204
So do I, but I also wouldn't have held it against him to have come back for this match.

But I wouldn't do it at Wrestlemania. I'd book that as the main event of SummerSlam. Not everything has to be at Wrestlemania.
>>
>>2407314
Everyone gets old, anon.
>>
>>2406184
Man, as great as it would have been to see, I have to respect Shawn for being the one guy who retires and actually means it
>>
>>2406184
I'm just gonna say it

who can say HBK can actually wrestle any more? I mean when was the last time he did anything? You ever try to do something without doing it for 10 years?
>>
>>2407796
You are talking about the guy who didn't wrestle for 4 years and still had a classic in his first match coming back
>>
>>2407796

It's like riding a bike

Wrestling AJetty wouldn't be that big of a payday

He will only come back if it's a big, big match like vs. HHH, Rock, Hogan, or Austin
>>
>>2407825
>Shawn vs HHH
>Big match
>>
>>2407831
It could main event Wrestlemania if they did it right

AJ vs. Shawn couldn't main event wrestlemania unless somehow AJ got super over
>>
if they want aj to face a good wrestler that was also an anti draw they would have aj vs cesaro or sami zayn or something. why shane?
>>
>>2407831
That will be a big match because it will be HHH retirement match.
>>
>>2406204
Yeah, so many top wrestlers stay far too long, and you end up thinking "Holy shit, i remember when he used to be good!"

Undertaker is the prime example of this right now. Everytime he's in the ring i feel sorry for him. Should have went out at WM30 with the end of the streak.
>>
>>2407846
The Rock will retire HHH at WM34, then Reigns will retire Rock at WM35.
>>
>>2407849
Then Wrestlemania 36

#Based big dog Jimmy Ocean will retire Roman Reigns
>>
>>2406204
Honestly this.

It's bittersweet as all hell but him actually staying retired is probably the best for his legacy instead of breaking his retirement like practically everyone else ever.

Still, FUUUCK this would l've been the one match to not only make me watch, but BUY Wrestlemania this year.
>>
It also had to do with them not having any other plans for AJ at the time.

>Have literally the single greatest wrestler on the entire face of the earth on your roster.
>DON'T factor in any plans to include him in your biggest show of the year

More than not having HBK/AJ, this kills me more than you know. Like what the eternal fuck, how do you NOT have any idea what to do with AJ STYLES?
>>
>>2407972
This happens all the time

Brock had nothing to do until Goldberg decided to come back
>>
File: 1352271202465.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1352271202465.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
Worst wrestlebullshit ever. confirmed.
>>
File: Retard.jpg (700KB, 1053x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Retard.jpg
700KB, 1053x1070px
>>2407843
>unless somehow AJ got super over
>>
At last years mania Shawn looked in the best shape he's been in since the 90s. I think he could still pull off his regular spots, just have AJ do all the work for the rest of the match.
>>
>>2407972
I think it's less they had nothing for him, but more that everybody they would've had him face are already busy. I guess they were kinda hoping that HBK would accept and had Shane as the backup plan.
>>
>>2406184
Maybe finding God has in fact made him a better person but a part of me still thinks he turned it down incase AJ outshined Mr Wrestlemania.
Considering HBK is known for his great ring work, that's something he would never let down.

And TBF I genuinely think AJ is a better wrestler than even prime HBK, even though AJ is inferior on the mic.
>>
Should've been Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles. Throwback match to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JklqPe_x3Wc
>>
>>2407825
Why do people throw Austin out there when discussing these potential returns, its been 15 years.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.