[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Daniel Bryan Getting Over The Worst Thing To Happen To WWE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: daniel-bryan-retirement-raw.jpg (41KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
daniel-bryan-retirement-raw.jpg
41KB, 600x338px
I personally like Bryan, and think he deserved to get as high as he did, but was it bad for business? It didn't make WWE realise that having a connection with the crowd was important. What it taught WWE (and this is wrong) was that they can get people over by making them lose constantly and under-utilising them. Daniel Bryan was a fluke. 99% of the time it's not going to work. But WWE convinced themselves that they found a magic formula, and it's killing every wrestler they try to book the same way.
>>
He was good. His run was a disaster though, yes.

It programmed the fans into thinking they held sway over creative. Which they don't - they were just doing the job that creative wanted them to do, and demand an underdog wins.

Now it has got to the point that a large chunk of the fans who grew up in the reality era heights believe they can influence what will happen in the booking by getting social media votes to back their chosen flavour of the month.
>>
I don't think Bryan was really all that under utilized, honestly. He didn't truly get over till the Team Hell No stuff, and prior to that, he was World Heavyweight Champion. Perhaps WWE knew a long time coming that his body had issues, which the fans would obviously not know about.

The 50/50 pointless booking was a problem before Bryan, honestly. Though it does appear they're trying to do the same thing with Sami Zayn for some reason.
>>
I mean, kinda. Now they think they can get people over by booking them to look like idiots. They've pretty much totally ruined Bayley by booking her like Daniel Bryan even though they haven't actually booked her AT ALL like Daniel Bryan, they've just booked her to look like an incompetent fool.

>>2405405
This is stupid, though. Of course fans fans have sway over creative. They're the ones that pay the fucking bills.
>>
ITT

FedoRamen is butthurt about the GOAT again

Also hardly a fluke considering he outsold everyone but Cena in 2015, despite 2 months of being active.
>>
>>2405400
He'll be in NJPW, in roughly 18 months.
>>
Daniel Bryan has a 62% win/loss record in WWE.

http://www.profightdb.com/winlossrecord/daniel-bryan-1741.html

The Rock has a 58% win/loss record, not exactly high and it didn't hurt him in any way.

Steve Austin has a 57% win/loss record, biggest draw ever.

HHH 51%, didn't hurt him a bit.

Mick Foley, 48%

All bigger draws than Romanetty (66%)

You are a bunch of fucking idiots if you think winning always gets you over.
>>
>>2405436
They really shouldn't have booked Bayley like Daniel Bryan. She should have been booked to be slightly less of a spineless geek. With the connection to kids that she had, she could have been the female Cena. Maybe she'll get there eventually, but it's going to be much harder now that they've screwed up so much.
>>
>>2405405
>It programmed the fans into thinking they held sway over creative. Which they don't
Yes because it's not like the fans turned Stone Cold into a face or anything...
>>
>>2405499
Or forced WWF to turn Rocky Maivia heel....
>>
>>2405458
I'm not saying Daniel Bryan fluked into success, I'm saying WWE fluked into success with Bryan. If it were anyone else, it wouldn't have worked.

>>2405479
It's not how much someone wins/loses. It's how many times they win/lose cleanly, and how many times it happens on a PPV. It's also where they are on the match card and how they're promoted/how their character is treated.
>>
>>2405491
Bayley has a 75-76% win rate

The only person currently wrestling in the WWE with that kind of percentage is Mojo Rawley and Asgooka

You don't hear smarks complaining about those two winning all the time
>>
>>2405499
>>2405505
They also Turned Shawn Michaels heel in the mid 90s because they were sick of his bullshit with Jose Lothario.
>>
>>2405508
His ppv win/loss ratio is 60%...

You are expecting him to be booked as a powerhouse, which he never was and would have never got him over.

He got over as a underdog.
>>
>>2405513
Not true
>>
>>2405479
Things aren't always the same, man. What worked 20 years ago isn't guaranteed to work now and just because something was the standard 20 years ago doesn't mean it should still be the standard now.

Audience's tastes evolve, and the kind of finishes they want evolve as well.
>>
>>2405479
Brywan was a legit underdog because he lost clean a lot, so whenever he won without any outside interference it felt more like it meant something.

Which is also the problem WWE fails to understand with booking Roman as an "underdog" in most of his feuds when no one buys him as one because he barely lost any singles matches, especially clean.
>>
>>2405511
>You don't hear smarks complaining about those two winning all the time
Cause smarks are hypocrites.
>>
>>2405400
You copied this entire statement from Dave Meltzer
>>
>>2405405
This.

Vince took advantage of the money and drawing power Bryan would bring in giving him the match against HHH and the possible title shot later that night.

After that he went right on to shitting on Bryan. Sometimes I believe Vince had him concussed repeatedly on purpose. Then threw him the IC title so the fans wouldn't lose their minds over the fact of him losing the title and getting eliminated in the Rumble not even halfway through.
>>
File: 1486603704516.png (17KB, 900x900px)
1486603704516.png
17KB, 900x900px
>>2405788
>After that he went right on to shitting on Bryan

So you're saying Vince was the one who made Bryan get injured and vacate the title?
>>
>>2405511
Because Mojo is in midcard and Asuka in NXT
>>
>>2405793
[spoiler]on both occasions of the WWE and IC title, yes[/spoiler]
>>
>>2405804
How was it his fault Bryan got injured right after that monster push? In fact him getting injured was good else he would have been getting suplexed 20 times by Brock at summerslam. Then smarks would hate Brock the way they do Reigns.
>>
>>2405813
They literally told him to change his style to help him prolong his career during the push and Bryan was a dumbass that didn't listen and had one of the WOAT title runs
>>
File: 1484852253802.png (407KB, 704x546px) Image search: [Google]
1484852253802.png
407KB, 704x546px
Face it. Daniel Bryan wasn't ever good. Batista said it best when he cut an amazing promo (as he always does) and basically BTFO'd the mediocre, short, fat/skelly, nu-male, hipster, faggot, lazy bitch-ass pushover fans for acting out their self-insertion fantasies. People "liked" Daniel Bryan because he was just like them and they thought they could be just like him - actually, they basically already were.

Contrast this with the fans of yesteryear who idolized men who were actually something to aspire to: tall, strong, talented, charismatic, don't-ask-take, "fuck the bullshit" larger than life guys and characters who were winners.

It's the same in other sports too. Take basketball. It used to be guys like Jordan were idolized. Hard working, intense as fuck, by any means necessary, obsessed, extremely talented, winner. Nowadays you have faggot nu-males like Steph Curry who are idolized. Muh stylish clothes, muh skinnyfat, muh three pointers because I'm too much of a sissy and not capable of going into the paint, muh bitching and moaning.

So yeah, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were both two of the worst things to happen to WWE in history, but part of it is because nu-males are one of the worst things to happen to the world in history.

God can you imagine how fucking hard people would laugh at how pathetic DB was if he was in WWF in 1998? Stone Cold would stun him into oblivion and the crowd would love it. He'd never get over. Now you'd have all the nu-male bitches whining about how SCSA was a meanie for "burying" him.
>>
>>2405827
What is this, a fucking Authority promo?
>>
>>2405827
GOAT
>>
File: TheGOAT.jpg (97KB, 600x423px)
TheGOAT.jpg
97KB, 600x423px
>>2405827
>anti-smark getting worked into cutting a shitty Bootista promo
Based GOAT
>>
File: Batista.0.jpg (56KB, 1200x800px)
Batista.0.jpg
56KB, 1200x800px
>>2405827
Basedtista blowing the smarks the fuck out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi1W_j3gd6A

2:58

Thank goodness fake crowd noises are over with, BTW

>>2405837
>>2405840
>>2405841
DEAL WITH IT
>>
>>2405827
>God can you imagine how fucking hard people would laugh at how pathetic DB was if he was in WWF in 1998?

In 1998 Daniel Bryan would have been a fully formed comedy wimp heel without changing a single thing about his character or look.

Let that sink in for a second.
>>
>>2405846
>"I can sympathize. You guys look at your heroes and you think "oh he looks just like me, if he can be champion so can I". You're livin' in a fantasy. So I need you to go back to your jobs at Hot Topic, get outta your fantasy world, get outta my world"

I WALKED FOR MILES INSIDE THIS PIT OF DANGERRRRRRRRR
>>
>>2405400
Bryan wasn't over, the yes chant was over. So to more accurately respond to your question, yes. Smarks pushing that spergy chant and thinking they were important has had a big hand in why everything is such shit today.
>>
>>2405846
I was agreeing with you. Think you went a bit overboard on the "nu-male" thing, but it's true. Bryan's really childish gimmick would have never gotten over in any other era.
>>
>>2405859
>Bryan wasn't over, the yes chant was over.
Accurate, if you paid attention closely, Bryan was actually only over when he was carried by superior talent or a really, really good storyline

>Team Hell No (thanks to Kane)
>WM30 (thanks to Batista being hated because of the smarks at RR, and Orton/HHH/Authority also being hated)

Most of the rest of the time, the crowd would pop when he'd come out (usually, but not always) because they got to do the Yes chant, but during the actual matches and most of his promos you could tell he himself wasn't actually super over. Even the people who thought they liked him, didn't actually like him; deep down they knew why they actually liked him and cheered for him (inferiority complex), and that will never be as strong as a true like for something like how Austin, Rock, et. al. were liked.
>>
>>2405841
Will you ever stop crying lad?
>>
>>2405859
>Bryan wasn't over, the chant was over.
This, if you gave any other superstar the "DAN-IEL BRY-AN" chant then they'd get over easily.
>>
>>2405859
>>2405862
>>
>>2405881
Based bryanboss working ya into a spluttering mess of a """"person""""
>>
>>2405871
This is all true. Smarks will never own up to this though because they'd have to admit they actually got worked by Vince the whole time they thought they were sticking it to him.
>>
>>2405895
Are you still crying fella?
>>
>>2405400
Vince gave the smarks exactly what they wanted and their guy couldn't get the job done.
>>
What a dumb fucking thread.

"Is the last person to get over naturally, who happens to be probably the best in ring talent ever, the worst thing ever to happen to WWE?"

The question is..
Is Vince's decision to consciously say "I don't care what the fans want" continuously the worst thing to ever happen to WWE?
>>
File: WWEDRONESIRL.jpg (46KB, 531x411px)
WWEDRONESIRL.jpg
46KB, 531x411px
>>2406205
>Is Vince's decision to consciously say "I don't care what the fans want" continuously the worst thing to ever happen to WWE?

yes,

and WWEDRONES will defend it because they're all brain damaged
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.