[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE Reportedly In Secret Talks For ROH Buyout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 1490231508542.jpg (108KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1490231508542.jpg
108KB, 1200x675px
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/buyout-ring-honor-wwe/#.WNMVDxIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

>Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned WWE and Sinclair Broadcast Group have recently discussed a potential buyout of Ring of Honor in secret … this according to sources.

>Multiple sources with direct knowledge tell us the companies have been talking since January and things have been slowly progressing, with the plan being a full takeover if the deal is made official.

>This would include the weekly TV show beginning to air on the WWE Network. No word at this point on whether every wrestler on the roster would continue working in ROH if it happens.

>Keep in mind, there’s no actual deal on the table right now and discussions are simply that. This means the buyout could always fall through if both sides can’t agree on specifics.
>>
File: simpsonshaha.gif (3MB, 436x327px) Image search: [Google]
simpsonshaha.gif
3MB, 436x327px
>>2404227
ROH fags on suicide watch. Plz Vince buy out New Japan next! The butthurt would be glorious!
>>
I hope Vince swerves them and just closes it down. It's so not worth it and them ending would actually improve other indies
>>
File: 2017-03-23_095215.png (35KB, 984x407px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-23_095215.png
35KB, 984x407px
https://mobile.twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/844764207178428420
>>
When is the last time ROH was good? 2010?

Who gives a fuck at this point. PWG could easily replace them
>>
>>2404263
>PWG could easily replace them
Apples and oranges.
>>
>>2404263
>PWG could easily replace them
nobody's putting PWG on tv hfam
>>
It would be pretty cool FOR WWE to have their own indy show on the network
>>
>>2404272
No shit, all they have to do is partner with a streaming service or make one themselves

Or hell even go the WCPW route and stream it on youtube
>>
>Pro Wrestling Sheet
>>
>>2404275
>all they have to do is partner with a streaming service or make one themselves
Except PWG is happy where they are; even though they have been left behind in the indie scene really. There's no way they could replace RoH.
>>
>>2404263
The only company that could replace RoH is lolTNA
>>
>>2404273
they do its called NXT
>>
>>2404277
Dave is taking questions on it tonight. Seems to be legit.
>>
>>2404275
PWG got approached by FloSlam, they turned it down.

They don't want a streaming service. They like their home video distribution system and streaming would annihilate that.
>>
>>2404288
It's funny, because there were reports that WWE played with the idea of buying out TNA. There was even similar talks in December or January. But once Vince realized how fucked up TNA's finances were, he backed out. That and Dixie was looking for way more than TNA are worth.
>>
>>2404309
Vince only wanted TNA's tape library. Still does and will get it when its all done.
>>
>>2404296
>getting worked on Twitter by Dave

>>2404282
>PWG has been left behind

What the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
>>2404227
>the entire ROH library available on the network

If they can pull it off, just might sign up for that alone.
>>
>>2404227
So, it has begun.
The road to WM 40.
>>
>>2404325
>What the fuck did he mean by this?
PWG is no longer at the forefront of indie wrestling. All they do now is bring in the big indie names who became popular outside of PWG every month or so and that's it. Not to mention how hilariously outdated they are when it comes to not streaming any of their cards. There's also the fact they are the worst perpetrators of the negative aspects of indie style wrestling (flippyshit for the sake of flippyshit, absurd number of near pin-falls in every single match, big spot after big spot after big spot).
>>
>>2404293
NXT wrestlers are signed to the company. It would be cool to have an actual indy show with indy wrestlers who wrestle in other indy companies and aren't just locked to the WWE on the network
>>
>>2404368
PWG has been "monthly indie supercard" forever.
>>
File: bork laser.webm (3MB, 714x512px) Image search: [Google]
bork laser.webm
3MB, 714x512px
>wwe putting its only good developmental territory out of business
>>
Tbh haitch has pushed all the Indy guys to the top, if they buy ROH then the show will be aired and will have a similar concept to nxt.
>>
>>2404441
I know, but now that's all they are. They're not helping in making any new stars on the indie scene or really adding to the indie scene in any meaningful way anymore. They could close shop tomorrow and the indie scene would barely blink over it. And it's just ridiculous they still refuse to stream their cards live. Beyond outdated. But I think they like to think of themselves as the little hipster indie promotion that gets celebrities to attend their shows because of how hip and ironic they are and they don't need live streaming.
>>
>>2404724
PWG makes a lot of its money off home video distribution.

>not making any new stars

That's not what their goal is.

>the indie scene would barely blink over PWG closing

I couldn't be this wrong if I was actively trying.
>>
They should have purchased tna it would have been a mercy killing at this point.
>>
>>2404755
TNA needs to stay around for long enough to kill AAA
>>
>>2404765
Ok but after that no more
>>
>>2404235
There would be no pro wrestling left in the world. What a nightmare.
>>
>>2404736
>PWG makes a lot of its money off home video distribution.
No shit, but they'd make even more from live streaming.

>That's not what their goal is.
Because that's not a goal they could even have anymore.

>I couldn't be this wrong if I was actively trying.
Please tell me what modern PWG adds to the indie scene in general then that another promotion couldn't do just as well if not better?
>>
>>2404792
Why we would still have WWE and the big dog.
>>
>>2404809
The owner of PWG is notoriously stubborn. He's happy where he is and has no intention of changing it.
>>
>>2404809
>No shit, but they'd make even more from live streaming.

Show your working.
>>
File: The Owner of PWG.jpg (152KB, 474x346px) Image search: [Google]
The Owner of PWG.jpg
152KB, 474x346px
>>2404832
>The owner of PWG

Yes, he is known for having unconventional negotiation tactics.
>>
>>2404832
>He's happy where he is and has no intention of changing it.
Which is perfectly fine, but don't act like PWG really matters much anymore when it comes to furthering the indie scene.
>>
>>2404227
>the name on the contract does say McMahon...
>McMahon-Helmsley

How hard would you mark?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.