[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestling Games Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

Are the best games behind us? Are we doomed to annual releases with nothing new but updated rosters? When did it start to go down hill?
>>
SvR 2006 was the last great game
>>
currently playing 2k17 and my scenario is that HHH has taken Over WWE after Vinnys death, And he signs Omega and has cross promotion matches and wwe is saved and roman is killed by hunico and im happy :)
>>
Any game without Powder Keg is shit
>>
>>2397882
>Nintendo 64etty
>>
>>2397882
Should check out all the puroresu games from 89 to 2007.

New fire pro soon as well.
>>
>>2397882
Hadn't played a wrestling game since something on PS2 but I downloaded WWE2K16 when it was free on Games With Gold last year.

Played 1 match, had no idea what I was doing, got tapped out because they didn't explai nthe submission system so I autistic rage quit. Haven't touched it since. Is it actually good?
>>
>>2397911

What was his finish again?
>>
>>2397929
Gameplay is slow and repetitive. Reversals work like stamina (once you use it up, you have to wait for them to recharge), submissions make no fucking sense, and you can easily break pins with good timing.

Customization isn't bad. Day of Reckoning had better customization though
>>
>>2397929

I'm playing through WWE 2K16 on PS4 right now. It's alright, kind of meh. The controls make me rage regularly since they're so shit.

Problem is I'm an old fag who grew up on the THQ games, so everything feels like shit compared to those games.
>>
>>2397882
There's a new Fire Pro game coming soon. http://steamcommunity.com/app/564230#scrollTop=0
>>
>>2397894
2k14 was pretty damn fun
>>
My favorites
>Wrestlemania XIX
>Warzone
>>
>>2397917
>Calls N64 the Jannetty
>Shared the generation with Sega Saturn and Dreamcast
>>
>>2397929
It's fun to goof around with friends when nobody knows what they're doing. Actually playing the game is stupid because it's more of a mini-game battle than a fighting game.
>>
WWE Brawl designs looked cool as fuck, I got disappointed when they cancelled it.
>>
>>2398127
Dreamcast wasn't the same generation as N64. It was the first console of the 6th generation, same as how the Wii U started the 8th
>>
File: NM.jpg (139KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
NM.jpg
139KB, 960x540px
You assholes keep buying these shit games. That's why they keep making them.

No Mercy was the last amazing wrestling game
>>
>>2398266
>what is Day of Reckoning 2
>>
>>2397894
All Stars was fun
>>
>>2397882
Ok, if everyone agrees these were the best wrestling games bar none, then why the fuck is it so hard getting a decent sequel? Shit, it'd even take one with generic no-name wrasslers, just give me another AKI engine game.

I can't believe these things didnt sell, ,they released during the height of the Monday night Wars, they had to have sold gangbusters, right? So why are WWE being assholes and not giving us more?
>>
>>2398257
No it wasn't, silly bollocks. It came out in 1998 and was all but dead by 2000- ie, before any of the VI Gen were released.

Dreamcast was Sega's death throe trying to beat N64.
>>
File: jcsb2.png (599KB, 877x551px) Image search: [Google]
jcsb2.png
599KB, 877x551px
>>2398257
Big Games Nintendo leading the way again with the 9th generation Switch
>>
File: image.jpg (221KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221KB, 960x540px
'17 is actually really fun...

Im pleased with the purchase, got the season pass as well. Glad they did Sting justice in the game
>>
>>2398522
This. It's pretty decent. It needs to be faster though. Feels sluggish
>>
File: image.png (144KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
144KB, 512x512px
>>2398773
True but what I did was increase everyones damage that i play, decreased the reversals to three and switched the submission buttons

I had a lot of recreating ROH through community creations in universe mode
>>
File: WWESmackDownHereComesThePain.jpg (50KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
WWESmackDownHereComesThePain.jpg
50KB, 353x500px
Why is it so overrated, /asp/?
>>
>>2397911
>6'0
>Midget wrestling games
>>
>>2399001
t. 5'11" nerd who doesn't know the cutoff
>>
>>2398976
No one cares about it anymore.
>>
>>2398976
It isn't
>>
>>2397909
if you want to save WWE, just make Roman a heel
>>
File: hFpIdH7.jpg.gif (2MB, 435x246px) Image search: [Google]
hFpIdH7.jpg.gif
2MB, 435x246px
>>2399235
All he needs to do is beat Taker at Wrestlemania and the crowd will finally fall in love with him
>>
>>2399394
>implying he shouldn't lose and in response beat the shit out of taker with a weapon to turn heel and get over as fuck finally
>>
>>2398976
It and SvR 2006 are literally the same game except when I push buttons in SvR stuff actually happens
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.