[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eternal HEMA General: Rolling for dexterity Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 24

File: SabreInDarkSouls.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SabreInDarkSouls.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Historical European Martial Arts Thread
Please keep it kind and on topic. Also no SCA/Reenactment/HMB please.
Essential Information:
http://www.communitywalk.com/user/view/81443
https://www.hemaalliance.com/club-finders
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=619536
http://hemaalliance.com/?page_id=686
http://wiktenauer.com/wiki/Main_Page
http://www.hroarr.com/
http://www.middleages.hu/english/martialarts/treatise_database.php
old thread : >>2296090
>>
What is your favorite weapon to train?
>>
>>2391825
>What is your favorite weapon to train?
post 1700's Backsword tbqh
>>
>>2391825
Longsword. Yeah it's the most popular, but it is for a reason. There's just so much material written for it, and its versatility is second to none. Plus, I love being able to cut and bind from so many different angles using the true and false edges.
>>
>>2391825
Train, specifically? Messing around with dussacks is always a lot of fun, but I wouldn't really call it training.
>>
>>2391825
hard to say, longsword is fun (and obviously the most popular one), saber and langes messer are also nice.
I'd like to try Zweihänder but also spear, mordaxt and other pole weapons but no one's doing them and I don't have the time to train them too...
>>
>>2391825
Italian Rapier
>>
>>2395621
as an italian practitioner, ew.

>>2394642
I agree with anon. Dussack is a blast when you're drunk OR sober.
>>
>>2391825
Dagger closely followed by Longsword.
>>
>>2396260
>ew
Because it's the Italian system, or just because it's rapier?

>>2396271
Hadn't thought of it, since I do it so rarely, but dagger is definitely fun.
>>
Where can I buy a sparring-safe smallsword in Europe? Bonus point if not very expensive.
>>
>known about HEMA for years now and interested about it
>there weren't any clubs anywhere near me
>few days ago check the HEMA site on a whim when bored
>There's a club just a 15 minute drive away from me that got set up a few years ago

Going there tomorrow

One question I have
I'm left handed, would that be a issue for me?
They have Spanish rapier, sword and buckler and german longsword

I think that since it uses both hands the longsword won't be a problem but what about rapier and sword&buckler?
>>
>>2397494
>what about rapier and sword&buckler?
I think being left-handed gives you an advantage because no one fights left-handed opponents but you're fighting the right-handed ones all the time
>>
File: 1455831858214.png (117KB, 604x587px) Image search: [Google]
1455831858214.png
117KB, 604x587px
>>2397552
>working with the only lefty in the group by switching between left and right
>fucks with my brain cells because I can't figure out whatever the fuck I am supposed to do with my hands when lefty
>allows to understand the movement and posture a bit better since I'm out of my comfort zone
I can't decide if it's good or bad and I only do longsword for now.
>>
>>2396260
>as an italian practitioner, ew.
Ha! nice try George but you're not fooling anyone. Just because you got btfo by a better system.
>>
>>2397552
>>2397494
>>2397790
>Left vs. Right
Left Advantage.

HOWEVER
Most manuals specifically address what a Right has to do against a Left, so any competent Right can match a Left.

>Left vs. Left
It's an enjoyable shit fight as they often don't know how to fight one another and, often, end up switching to their right hand.
>>
>>2397214
Why not use a modern fencing foil? A cheap one would probably have about the right specs.
>>
>>
File: roll.gif (3MB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
roll.gif
3MB, 636x358px
>>2391531
>>
>>2398462
I already considered to do so, if I can't find a nice smallsword. I just like the smallsword handle more than a regular foil handle.
>>
>>2401569
I wonder if he's embaressed by how shit he is in these videos and essentially discredits his point.

>Shit that doesn't work in a sword fight... until it does!

You can do whatever the fuck you want when your out of measure at the end of the day.

The OPs was an agreed effort no doubt but it was fucking great and cheeky showmanship is exactly what the tournament scene needs. If they want better funding.
>>
>>2397214
>>2401579
https://www.negrini.com/en/italian-foil-not-electric
>>
>looking for red trousers with 800N rating
So, Gajardoni or Neyman?
>>
File: CgFdUjcVAAM9bqs.jpg:large.jpg (89KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CgFdUjcVAAM9bqs.jpg:large.jpg
89KB, 600x900px
>>2402666
Do you need padding with that?
> +25% sexy ass bonus with Gaja
>>
>>2402706
>+25% sexy ass bonus with Gaja
I'll need to start salsa dancing if I want the ass that goes with it.
Padding could be nice though.
>>
File: augmented-nf-trousers.jpg (239KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
augmented-nf-trousers.jpg
239KB, 2000x2000px
>>2402718
got you pham, you want the Neyman renaissance trousers! 800N, padding and the cut will camouflage your big booty!
>>
>>2397494
>Fellow lefty
I'm a left-hander and been at it for a little less than a year. Mostly stuck to longsword and screwed around with sword a buckler a tiny bit.

Single-handed weapons (including sword and dagger/buckler/empty-hand) are the most challenging for both parties, since your sword arms are on the same side. It gets a little silly with sword and buckler.

For longsword, if you stand in Plow or vom Tag at the shoulder on your dominant side, a new right-hander might just attack directly to your sword, because that's how it lines up. Vice versa with a new left-hander (that's you).

Also, if everyone else in your group is a right-hander, then any drills they may do will probably begin with the left leg leading, right leg trailing, and sword on the right. A well-constructed drill will be performed on both sides. If so, just follow along. If not, follow along at first, and practice on your default side when you can and/or when you have more of the basics down.

Also, the "Zornhau-Ort" is difficult as fuck as a left-vs-right. It's something that depends on same-sidedness
>>
>>2403047
Did left handed swordsmen traditionally use a left handed grip?
>>
>>2391531
>not pommel throwing
Why handicap yourself?
>>
>>2403206
At least for Liechtenauer, yes; the zettel tells them to.
>>
>>2403231
Why is this such a pervasive meme in HEMA? It's not funny, and really not clever at all. Every single HEMA video that gets enough views eventually has someone saying "You should have ended him rightly" or something to that effect.

Is it autism?
>>
>>2405267
>Is it autism?
nah, it's just like with everything, once it goes mainstream it's ruined.
>>
>>2405267
How are memes created...?
Snowball effect? Plus the fact that it was launched by someone who was quite popular for a start in his own niche at the time. I do think that it went way beyond him and that it has become his unwanted creation. The subject at the beginning is certainly peculiar, but it was totally blown out of proportion and now it's just a popular mantra to show coolness. Give it a couple more years and hopefully it'll have disappeared.
>>
>>2405267
Kids that follow the youtuber Skallagrim. He made a video highlighting that page and it went viral by HEMA standards.

It is autism and shit.
>>
>>2405267
>Is it autism?
Of course.
It is autism that created us. Autism that connect us. Autism that pulls us. That guides us. That drives us. It is autism that defines us. Autism that binds us. We are here because of you, anon. We're here to take from you what you tried to take from us.
Autism.
>>
File: 1467987541591.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1467987541591.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>130€ jacket made by neyman fencing is now available
>>
>>2405899
So what's wrong with it? They say it's not recommended for "advanced HEMA warriors," but it's supposed to be padded enough for longsword, right?
>>
File: novice-jacket.jpg (71KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
novice-jacket.jpg
71KB, 800x800px
>>2405999
Looks pretty barebone with a mediocre cut/fit, it's just a cheap gambeson with a zipper, a belt and a small blade catcher next to the neck. But it's good enough for most beginners without spare money for something better, I guess.
>>
>>2405349
>>2405560
He even said recently that he hates that meme and wishes it would stop and people still spam it in the comment section of his every video.

This shit goes beyond autism
>>
Why aren't shields more common in HEMA? Lack of sources? Does no one try to experiment with them?
>>
>>2406857
Lack of sources, mostly. Some people make speculative experiments, but in the end we will never know how did they do it back then.
>>
>>2406857
There's sword and rotella sources, which is very much a proper shield.

As for other shield types: "heater", "Viking", "Norman", or pavise, people do try them, they just don't post videos online.
>>
>>2407031
Bolognese rotella goes with the sidesword and it is done without any armor. It is indeed sword and shield, but I'm unsure how well would it be with arming swords and different shields, expecially in armor. And how real would it be, too, since it is so specific.
But it's cool anyway, if you're ok with the context.
>>
>>2406042
Don't forget, it is made from 800N fabric, what makes it a fair offer for the price.
>>
>>2407132
I thought it was 350. That's a nice surprise.
>>
>>2405608
Thought that was going to be a Bane post for a second there.
>I was born into autism, raised by it; I didn't see a normie until I was a young man...
>>
>>2407132
it actually specifically says on the product page that it is 350N, not 800N.
>>
>>2407090
Eh, a slightly long arming sword plus a finger ring or side ring is pretty much a sidesword.

It's like the falchion / storta / messer relation. Ain't no falchion or storta sources, but the messer is so damn close.
>>
>>2407090
Aside from the lack of armor, why can't rotella be used to deduce how other types of shields were used in combat?
>>
>>2408140
Does bolognese rotella and sidesword work with different shields amd swords? Maybe. Try and find it out.
Is it how different shields and swords were actually used? We will never know.
Is it fun to do and worth doing? Yep
>>
>>2408156
Werd. I'll try it out one of these days
>>
I checked south coast swords as a curious European fellow, that's a lot of sold out gear. Why would Amerifriends wait months for Blackfencer gear when they have tons of other synthetics and steel feders available?
>>
>>2407378
You got Matrix instead
>>
File: Montante.webm (895KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
Montante.webm
895KB, 720x406px
>>2408521
>Why would Amerifriends wait months for Blackfencer gear when they have tons of other synthetics and steel feders available?
Like what?

The only American feder supplier I know of is Castille. Everything else is just the same stuff you guys have available (Regenyei, Ensifer, etc.) except we pay more and wait longer due to shipping and customs. American distributors are getting better at reliably ordering and having stock from the aforementioned European distributors. However, it often ends up pricier than ordering directly from the manufacturers themselves since they're resellers and they have to make a profit. Then it becomes a matter of whether you want to pay more to get it sooner and with less hassle, or to save some money but deal with all the trouble that comes with international purchases.

The synthetic situation isn't that bad. The Purpleheart synthetics are decent. They just don't have the variety in design that the Blackfencers do.
>>
>>2391825
Italian rapier. Sparring as well; satisfying as fuck when you get a technique down perfectly in a bout.
>>
File: 53058500_p2.png (725KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
53058500_p2.png
725KB, 1920x1080px
>found a korean doing hema drawings with cute anime girls
>>
>>2410100
Post more
Or link
Do you know what it says?
>>
File: 53806780_p0.png (950KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
53806780_p0.png
950KB, 1920x1080px
>>2410303
>http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=14486870
Have a blast, I don't know Korean though.
>>
>>2408140
>why can't rotella be used to deduce how other types of shields were used in combat?
Deduce? Of course you can!
Just so long as it's strapped to your forearm and gripped in your fist... And they're spaced evenly and not asymetrically like an aspis... And that they're at most two feet large...
So come to think of it, if you want to figure out viking stuff, just read Stephen Hand's work and watch Roland.
>>
>>2408521
>Why would Amerifriends wait months for Blackfencer gear when they have tons of other synthetics and steel feders available?
>MUH BRAND
MUH UROPEEN CQ
>MUH GEARFAGS
MUH TOURNAMENT STANDARDS
>MUH (insert European instructor here)

Basically capitalism and marketing.

>"Gee Billy, why not order X instead of Y? It's cheaper, closer, faster and the equivalent quality?"
>"SHUTTHEFUCKUPANDREWISWEARTOGODI"LLWRECKYOUYOULITTLESHITWHATDIDYOUSAYTOMEEUROPEANSMITHSARESUPERIORTHEY'RETHEKATANASOFEUROPEFIGHTMEONEVONEPSHNOTHINGPERSONALKID!1!"

ree
>>
>>2410345
But why are you so mad? Is it because an anonymous person on the internet said something? It might sting now, but dry those tears. You don't want to get dehydrated. One time I got dehydrated playing soccer during the summer and I passed out. It sucked, but my friends took me to some shade and gave me some water, and I felt better. The trick is to just drink water, easy I know. Man I miss those guys. I haven't seen Nick in years. I wonder what he's doing. I bet he's still funny, I should message him or something.
>>
>>2408806
>What is Arms & Armor
Seriously, they've been making swords, feders, and training rapiers for a long ass time. And you're on the internet. No excuse.

>What is Albion, if you consider their Meyer
Also their Lichtenauer, but it's more of a blunt than a feder

>What is Black Horse Blades
Newer company, but there's reviews out there. People are using them in tournaments.

Strangely enough, these are all concentrated in the northern Midwest.
>>
>>2411097
>Arms & Armor
Their weapons are solid, but I've heard mixed things about their actual feders.

>Albion
>literally a single item

>Black Horse Blades
>$600 for a feder that just as long to get as European feders and is good but not really that much better than other options
>>
>>2411115
What sorts of things about their feders? The schilts, how they produce the points?
>>
File: C4dyNXtUkAIH_-M.jpg (196KB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
C4dyNXtUkAIH_-M.jpg
196KB, 992x1403px
>>2410303
>>2410310
>idolHEMAster
The twitter account is nice too.
>>
Get a clue.
>>
>>2411413
I kind of think you're a fake troll pretending to be a /wwe/ fggt so you can increase the postage in this tread. How tricky of you.
>>
File: 1470473685929.jpg (384KB, 1500x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1470473685929.jpg
384KB, 1500x1009px
I have a retarded question, how are you supposed to do your god-damned footwork in a flight of stairs or on a steep slope?
I understand you'd avoid to fight there but what if you can't?
>>
>>2411648
Why would you avoid fighting in a flight of stairs, provided you have the advantage of higher ground? Footwork is impaired for the both of you, true, but it's easier to hit the head with force while your opponent can't reach your head or add the force of gravity to their strikes.
>>
>>2411784
Yes but in the case that you are below you are truly screwed. It's curious that there is this few source material about fighting on uneven ground.
>>
>>2402761
>big booty
I'd rather say flat.
>>
>>2411648
Footwork is as malleable as any other technique. It doesn't have to be mechanically perfect every time and the longer you fence the more you do it without doing it, if that makes sense.

Essentially the mechanical advantages of good footwork become so ingrained you can make the most of them while in less than ideal stances.

Doing a passing step to recover from a lunge that didn't land a hit isn't that different from fighting up a steep hill.

Stairs are never easy to retreat on but it's difficult for both parties so I think (and this is baseless conjecture because none of the sources that I know well talk about stairs) the trick is to just always keep up the pressure and make sure you're the one advancing and able to see when you're going.

youtube.com/watch?v=OI5Xp9UrG-8
Axel posted this video recently that shows just how tricky it is.
>>
>>2411784
>higher ground
you underestimate my power!
>>
I'd like to start studying messer. Are there modern books I can read before trying to understand the original sources?
>>
>>2402706
God damn that is good advertising.

Do they ship to the states?
>>
>>2412788
Christian Tobler has two modern interpretations on messer sources available.

The first is a downloadable video from Freelance Academy based on the Glasgow fechtbuch's messer section. It's roughly a dozen techniques, is rather basic, but also rather intuitive.

The second is a book Captain of the Guild. It's not 100% messer, and I haven't read it myself, but it's on my to-buy list.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLW_J1Can_Q
>>
>>2411840
>Axel posted this video recently that shows just how tricky it is.
It also show's why Stage Combat exists.
That was nice and realistic... But also boring. Much like being a Fielder in Cricket.
>>
>>2412788
what languages are you fluent in?
>>
File: Czi6wMvUsAArTte.jpg (206KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Czi6wMvUsAArTte.jpg
206KB, 848x1200px
>>2410310
>>2411333
This guy's twitter and pixiv are pretty interesting if you take the time to translate from Korean.
>>
File: CWMi3dmVAAAV0_L.jpg (229KB, 1228x868px) Image search: [Google]
CWMi3dmVAAAV0_L.jpg
229KB, 1228x868px
>>2417770
His way of looking at some things can also be quite funny.
>>
File: feder-anime-girl-hema.jpg (54KB, 960x679px) Image search: [Google]
feder-anime-girl-hema.jpg
54KB, 960x679px
>>2417821
Lol

Also, Google's reverse image search has failed me. Anyone know who made this?

Prediction: the next best major depiction of accurate HEMA in media will be in an anime or manga.
>>
File: 53016821_p0.png (806KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
53016821_p0.png
806KB, 1920x1080px
>>2417836
>we get a typical school setting sports manga at the local HEMA club with the cutest couple of shy kids a bit like straighten up
>>
>>2410100
>>2410310
>>2411333
>>2417770
>>2417821
>>2417836
>>2417869
Based Asians, glad they enjoy HEMA!
>>
>>2413190
Thanks
>>2416265
Italian and English
>>
>>2413933
>boring
Was it? I found it pretty nice personally, it mainly lacked better camera work and appropriate music, but the action in itself was entertaining, much more than many films desu and even compared to stuff that supposedly demonstrate "realistic fights" but are mostly an overchoregraphed shaky exercise in speed (yes Adorea longsword fight I'm thinking about you).
>>
>>2417770
Those drawings are overall pretty nice and I understand that it shouldn't surprise me from both a korean and a HEMAist but darn that japanese sword stance is bad...
Nice drawings overall though!
>>
File: opera-nova.png (36KB, 673x223px) Image search: [Google]
opera-nova.png
36KB, 673x223px
I'm confused. Who wrote Opera Nova?

Manciolino or Marozzo?
>>
>>2419071
Both and around the same time.
>>
>>2417836
That's pretty cute
>>
>>2417770
>>2417821
...Anyone know a HEMA school in Busan?
>>
>>2419071
>>2419720
Opera Nova simply means "new work", it could imply that Manciolino and Marozzo are from a generation that made some changes to the typical Bolognese tradition. But then it wasn't uncommon for two books about fencing to be named the same around that time.

Viggiani and Fabris's books are both named "lo schermo" for instance.
>>
>>2423559
https://www.hemaalliance.com/club-finders/

Doesn't seem like there is. I really wish the map search used Google Maps autocomplete. Their current search is a little weird.
>>
>>2391531
Question for hema guys. What is your go to weapon/manual and do you mostly find yourself using aggressive tactics or keeping your guard and waiting for the other guy to make a mistake or give an opening?
>>
>>2425502
longsword/meyer, I try to vary my game and use tactics which fit the opponent.
>>
What's the best leather dussack you can get in Europe? I was thinking of getting some from Australia since they are 79€ + delivery for 20€ on Etsy. Is there any better option out there? And them being delivered before may would be a plus too.
>>
>>2423889
Manciolino is superior to Marozzo imo
>>
>>2425502
I started with longsword, specifically from HS 3227a (Dobringer). But I'm really seeing the appeal of Fiore and his reactive deflections and control of the center line.

I'm trying to branch out into dussack, or at least something that mixes well with longsword.
>>
>>2426870
TRIGGERED
>>
>>2426870
Ok.
I'm more of a Dall'Agocchie person anyway...
>>
What pants do y'all wear? SPES, PBT, wut? I need to get something in lieu of adidas track pants, and everyone I know wears leggings of all things.
>>
>>2429294
SPES Locust, 90% in my club wear them
>>
>>2429294
Superior Fencing aka Lynx pants.
>>
>receive a L sized Leon Paul mask
>try to put on mask
>temples being squeezed pretty hard by the mesh
>forcechoked by the chin rest
We truly were a titan X-change.
>>
>>2429315
Do people have to make modifications to them? I've heard bad things about the suspenders and mobility.

>>2429396
Any reviews? I've never heard of those.
>>
>>2425502
>>2425695
>>2428827

Thanks for the answers. I ask because this is argued by some to be one of the major divisions between different schools of kenjutsu, and I wondered if a similar divide in strategy might exist in European styles
>>
>>2430850
>Do people have to make modifications to them?
not really, I like 'em but I have to cross the suspenders because they're too long for me.
>>
File: gambison_patron1-52c7b.jpg (44KB, 515x497px) Image search: [Google]
gambison_patron1-52c7b.jpg
44KB, 515x497px
>>2391531
hi lads. i'll start HEMA next month, i didn't wanted te buy a padded coat (expensive as fuck for what it is) and make myself a gambeson instead. i've got a few picts and some mesurements found on the internet, yet i wanted an opinion, any tips?
>>
Welp, I just had one of the weirdest experiences of my life.

Backstory:
>sparring Monday
>me 5'11 female against 6'3 former Marine guy
>get pommel smashed in left temple
>get big bruise because I turned my head at the last minute like an idiot
>"Haha, nice one"
>practicing Tuesday
>try to be fancy pants and roll the guard behind my arm for a movie-tier flourish
>guard hits my arm, leaves a big fat raised bruise on arm
>"Ouch!"
>showering yesterday
>get out of shower, slip on tile floor
>cheek bumps against counter top, leaves a scratch
>"I'm so dumb!"

So I went to the grocery store to pick up some bullshit to cook tonight, and as I'm checking out, this older woman behind me is giving me a death stare. It creeped me out, so I smiled and asked her if everything is okay. She tells me "HE'S NOT WORTH IT, YOU KNOW." Then she starts telling me how her sister had an abusive husband too and it took years before she finally left him, etc. etc. Eventually she scribbles out the number to a retired detective and gives it to me and tells me to call him to "put the bastard away for good."

tl;dr
Old woman in grocery store thought I was in an abusive relationship because of HEMA.
>>
>>2433843
We are all in an abusive relationship with HEMA.

Also,

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
File: rBVaG1YWOIOAM21fAATE6arTmwE894.jpg (118KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
rBVaG1YWOIOAM21fAATE6arTmwE894.jpg
118KB, 800x800px
>>2433843
I got you!
>>
>>2433248
How do you intend to sew it? Most sewing machines can't sew though 4 or more layers of thick fabric, you're going to need an heavy duty machine or sew by hand (which would take a long time, especially if you are not experienced)
If you really want to do it, you could give it a try but don't rush it and look for someone with sewing/patterning experience to help you. You can find decent gambesons for cheap, I got my first one for 40€ and my second one for 99€, which is hard to beat considering that if you do it by yourself you might spend more than that on fabric.
>>2433843
I always get a lot of bruises, I get asked if someone beats me up in the summer a lot, but I never had something like that happen! I don't know how I would react, what did you tell her? Also I got recommended arnica extract/cream to get bruises to fade quicker by another female fencer
>>
>>2434024
Arnica extract will work. I live in the southern USA though, so I just use aloe vera. Aloe plants are everywhere down here, especially on the beachside. I don't generally treat my bruises though. My HEMA club is 100% male except for me, so I carry my marks with pride. New people who join think I'm crazy, it's great.

And I just said I'd been in an accident, which is a half-truth. She didn't listen, of course. Experience has taught me when you run up against an old Southern belle, you just let them jabber.
>>
>>2433843
wow, what a spectacular post for your blog
>>
>>2434223
And then there's this guy. Always with this guy
>>
>>2434174
I love my bruises too, I call them my battle wounds and they remind me what I need to protect more
>>2434223
Retard
>>
>>2433843
Get off 4chan, Katie.
>>
>>2433843
>me 5'11 female
Have you studied the works of George Silver?

Because pls be in London.

I don't mind your HEMA-tomas
>>
>>2434328
>>>/tumblr/
Liked, followed and reblogged.
>>
>>2433248
Definitely not worth it. Just buy one. Neyman just made a cheap jacket, for example.
>>
>>2434024
my father is working in leathercrafting . got strong ass weaving machines at disposal. if you have some source for those cheap gambesons i would be happy to see this.
>>
>>2436768
I wish I could get into leathercrafting. Really want to make some vambraces so I don't wreck my arms while solo-drilling
>>
>>2436817
knowing the basics in handrafting can be really helpful when you get into medieval combat. even in europe where you have a few forges that makes armor parts, every bohurt fighter eventually have to weave fabric or leather, pin, rivets, re shape a deformed helmet or even replace metal parts on a brigantine.

even without all that battle-of-the-nations stuff, it still is really useful in HEMA and can offer alternate and cheaper way to get a decent gear.

only problem is to get taught and/or not to rush or launch yourself into something way over your crafting skill or you end up with shitty, non-fonctionnal piece of crap. of course you can gather knowledge around on muh internet, but practical knowledge learned from a professionnal is gold.
>>
>>2436768
Cool, I was always fascinated by leather works! Anyway I bought the first one from mytholon and the second one from Zeughaus iirc
The one from zeughaus is very well made, even if a bit light for sparring but you can put additional protection on top
>>
>>2437298
I think it's just the stiff jumping off point that kept me from getting into it immediately. Like, just to make a functional bit of armor for HEMA would require several hundred dollars in materials and tools. If you screw up, welp, too bad. Kind of rough.
>>
>>2437498
There's a lot you can do with kydex, and that just needs something to cut it with and an oven.
>>
File: CuiYEZAVUAI5_pf.jpg (125KB, 1414x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CuiYEZAVUAI5_pf.jpg
125KB, 1414x1000px
>>2417836
Erica, the one who did the image used in the previous OP.
>>
>>2438512
Her art is quite cute.
>>
>>2438512
I must be dumb. Reverse image searches on this, "erica" + longsword, hema, feder, federschwert, etc aren't giving me any results.

If she's got an album or anything, she should really put a link to it in the bottom of her images. :/
>>
>>2442156
>using reverse image search
>for drawings
Use SauceNAO.
>>
>>2442706
Why?
>>
File: sauce.png (50KB, 963x158px) Image search: [Google]
sauce.png
50KB, 963x158px
>>2444160
Because it works.
>>
>>2444210
I rarely have worked for me
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.