[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These guys could have been our Bret and Shawn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (796KB, 608x576px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
796KB, 608x576px
These guys could have been our Bret and Shawn
>>
>>2391158
Only scenario that I see these guys wrestling again is if Punk goes to NJPW (which he said he would do) and Bryan leaves the company for RoH and NJPW which he really wants to do.
>>
>If they'd treated Punk better
>If they hadn't waited so long and wasted so much time before giving Bryan a real push.
What could've been.
>>
>>2391158
2 skinny fat manlets, no wonder WWE died
>>
FUCK NO.

Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart were larger than life characters.

Danielson and Brooks are random goofy white dudes you see at the airport
>>
>>2391158
A bitter man that had to retire early because he didn't look after himself, and a pissed off manchild that thought he was worth more to the business than he was...

Checks out
>>
>>2391182
When will this meme die?
>>
I watched their 4,5 asterisks match today and it was amazing, I recommend it to ya pal desu.
>>
>manlet anti-draws
They were our Bret and Shawn
>>
>>2391158
>concussed and forced to retire by a talentless mastadon
>lost his smile and went home
they are this generation's bret and shawn
>>
>>2391173
>(which he said he would do)
When'd he say that?
>>
>>2391200
is that the OTL one?
>>
>>2391215
>Had to retire because he got kicked in the fucking head
>Last match had him being tombstoned multiple times
Whoa.
>>
>>2391223
Yes, only problem was the stupid finish but they didn't want Daniel to be pinned clean ao whatever.
>>
>>2391217
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/9/9/12861884/cm-punk-new-japan-pro-wrestling-possible-future
>>
The irony is the reason they weren't was their look and now that they're gone many of the guys WWE is pushing for the top spot have similar looks and none of the ability, psychology or charisma.

It would be like if WWF was too afraid to push Bret and Shawn and after they got fed up and left Vince realized he was wrong and pushed Shane Douglas and Bob Holly instead.
>>
>>2391226
>Last match had him being tombstoned multiple times
his last match was with sheamus for the IC belt wasn't it? i thought he flew out of the ring and got his final concussion
>>
Bryan > Punk

Bryan was both over as fuck, and drew dimes.
Punk is a cuck and continuously gets BTFO
>>
>>2391253
I mean Punk. I'm pretty sure his last match, the '14 Rumble, had him eat multiple Tombstones, right?
>>
>>2391158
>Talentless hack that lived on "charisma"
>Eternally butthurt guy
They're still the Shawn and Bret from our generation
>>
>>2391247
>Vince realized he was wrong and pushed Shane Douglas and Bob Holly instead.

Bob Holly is one of the few wrestlers I can think of that was always 100% loyal to the company but received not a single decent push for his efforts. Dude lived and breathed WWF/E for like 15 years then just never had his contract renewed.
>>
>>2391268

They're pretty much equally skilled and both have great psychology. Bryan was a pure babyface and Punk had the charisma. Bret and Shawn except without the egos.
>>
>>2391278
oh i dont know but i was comparing punk to shawn when shawn lost his smile and left. bryan is obviously the bret who was forced into retirement.
>>
>>2391247
Those guys aren't on Bryan and Punk's level, but they have all of those things. It just gets held down by Raw's garbage booking and writing.

>>2391268
Punk might not've been as over (he was probably close) but I'd be almost certain he drew more dimes than Bryan.
>>
If all things went right, this is what would have happened

>Bryan finally wins the big one at WM XXX, puts the authority out of commission
>Punk beats Triple H
>authority is in shambles
>Bryan goes on long, title reign having MOTY after MOTY
>Punk has a few number one contender matches, chokes - starts to get pissed off at himself
>Show backstage that Punk is starting to get annoyed that the fans have left him for Bryan
>Triple H scrambles for a way to get the title off Bryan, books a deadly game style tournament at Survivor Series
>The final match is Punk vs Bryan
>Punk begrudgingly buys in, betrays his own beliefs because he's desperate to get the title back.
>Leads up to Wrestlemania 31, Punk vs Bryan.
>>
>>2391283
he was a piece of shit who cares
>>
>>2391295
>fantasy smark booking post
cringe
didnt read
>>
>>2391283
Bob Holly didn't draw 1 dime and was lucky to get 15 years of work for his shit fake tough guy act.
>>
>>2391294
>I'd be almost certain he drew more dimes than Bryan.
Bryan was a better ratings draw, WWE killed Punk's drawing potential after Summerslam 2011 by never putting him in main events, having him job to Hunter and Rock, never beating Cena clean and generally never being made out to be a big deal
>>
>>2391296
Just saying, we live in a world where even Chavo and Christian, perpetual midcarders, were given their dues for putting in time with the company, and a guy that was there for 15+ years gets nothing. I just find it very strange.
>>
>>2391283

Holly didn't deserve a push more or less than JBL and that shitwit got a title run.
>>
>>2391295
I mean it fucking writes itself.
>>
>>2391308
Christ I briefly forgot JBL used to be a wrestler
>>
>>2391295
Never post again.
>>
>>2391307
chavo got one because eddie died and people liked him

christian got one because he left to prove himself and was GOAT in TNA

bob holly is a carny fuck, nobody cares
>>
>>2391247
What's wrong with Shane Douglas?
>>
File: BW6eUzB.jpg (59KB, 632x686px) Image search: [Google]
BW6eUzB.jpg
59KB, 632x686px
GOATs
>it's been three years since punk wrestler, two years since Bryan wrestled, people still talk about them daily
They defined this era of WWE
>>
>>2391322
>this era of WWE
of tanking ratings and attendance
>>
>implying punk isn't bret
>>
>>2391198
It won't end because it's true.
>>
>>2391384
And WOAT title runs between them
>>
>>2391239
He never said he would do it. He just didn't say no. You could be a wide receiver with that big of a reach
>>
I want reddit to leave
>>
>>2391295
>cliche smark is mad his fantasy booking didn't happen

cringe
>>
Sure as shit wouldn't be worse
>>
File: 17021858.jpg (61KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
17021858.jpg
61KB, 640x853px
>>2391158
I miss them both so much
They culd have been GOAT tag team
>>
>>2392554

This. Let HHH's fuckboys keep the big titles, they're worthless anyway. Book them as a MONSTER tag team that demolishes everyone in the company and then turn them on each other with Bryan as the pure babyface and Punk as the Corporate Rock charismatic as fuck heel and then turn them one each other for the GOAT series of matches. Tangle them up in the Intercontinental or US title divisions to vary it up if need be.
>>
>>2392554
>>2393604
They did tag for a few weeks, i think against the Wyatts? It was pretty cool but went nowhere.
>>
>>2391185
>pissed off manchild that thought he was worth more to the business than he was...

Don't you think you're being a bit too harsh on Bret?
>>
>>2391158
Phil is really the Bret since both are salty as fuck
>>
Both guys fought in a few ppv matches for the title. Always, up stage on what corny match Cena had.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.