[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southpaw Regional Wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: chrome_2017-03-19_19-51-16.png (339KB, 674x512px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-03-19_19-51-16.png
339KB, 674x512px
Why do I love this little web series?

I kind of wish this was a one-hour weekly show on the WWE Network.

http://www.wwe.com/playlist/southpaw-regional-wrestling-the-promotion-you-didnt-know-existed
>>
File: Triple Cry.jpg (38KB, 565x425px) Image search: [Google]
Triple Cry.jpg
38KB, 565x425px
SRW is pretty much a painful reminder as to what real effort can be made by the talent to write something ingenious rather than the writers, while ironically trying to make satire of the business they're held back in.

When you watch these episodes, which I personally enjoyed more than everything probably since Goldberg's return, you can pinpoint the genuine and custom scripting that comes from the people that have gone and been through professional wrestling's best and worst, and not from writers that worked for drama or sitcom series on television. It isn't for everybody, and I can see that there's a decent population of /asp/ that doesn't like SRW, but I don't think a single one of them genuinely believes this is worse than the average episode of Raw. It's short, sweet, and was created by people that actually know what makes wrestling wrestling, even if it is satire.

I truly hope Triple H will let more guys write for themselves (with guidance of course) when he takes over. SRW is gold, and not just because of KFC.

>mfw we may never get any more of this
>>
Because its the epitome of what pro-wrestling is all about. Is a glimpse of what WWE can be but will never be.
>>
>>2389079
This mostly. Too much paper holding back the company. Same shit happened to the movie and game industry.
>>
Cuz you only got 20 mins or so of it. If they gave you an hr each week, you'd get sick of it.
>>
One of the most cringiest, try hard shit I've ever seen.
>>
>hour long weekly series.
nope.

half an hour weekly show with 1 oldschool ass match per episode.
rest of the show is the same style promoes and interviews, with a short "shoot" segment showing the backstage politics and antics in a comedic way, or documentary style interviews with the characteres.

but an hour is too long.
>>
>>2389440
this
>>
>Yes, the farm IS for sale

Based breeze
>>
>>2389088
This.

I've always said this about WWE. Everything is oversaturated now meaning that fans really have had more than they could want. Nothing feels special anymore

Back in the day you had 2 hours of raw a week and a PPV and that was it.

Now its
>3 hours of raw
>2 hours of smackdown
>30 minutes of talking smack
>1 hour of raw talk
>1 hour of nxt
>3-5 hours PPV for raw
>3-5 hour PPV for SD
>2 hour NXT takeover
>1 hour of 205 live
>about 50 hours of WWE original series on the network
>10 hours of WWE youtube channel content
>exclusive backstage footage
>WWE gaming channels
>total divas
>total bellas
>an hour of main event
Hell, I'm still probably missing some stuff
>>
Literally only the Cena, Fandango and Breeze bits are good.
>>
>>2389031
vince still literally controls everything no many how many writers there are so i dont think they can be blamed because who knows how many good ideas vince has shit on
>>
>>2389440
>>2389647

Idk, the like to dislike ratio is super high. It could be possible that you just don't understand it.
>>
File: hh.png (223KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hh.png
223KB, 640x480px
>rusev nearly corpsing
>>
>>2389440
Speaking of trying hard...
>>
>>2389659
>>1 (one) hour of RAM Talk
So that's why it's shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.