[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well when i think about it brother i think the best wrestler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 1484266133348.jpg (87KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1484266133348.jpg
87KB, 380x285px
well when i think about it brother i think the best wrestler of all time is probably hulk hogan brother

- hh
>>
>>2384600
Despite what a lot of people say you can make a pretty valid argument for it.
>>
>>2384600
Who is better? Flair? Hogan was selling out the Silverdome when Flair was still wrestling in front of 20 people in a TV studio every week.
>>
>>2384650
The closest Flair ever got was about 40K at Texas Stadium when Kerry Von Erich was most of the draw.
>>
File: Hollywood.png (2MB, 1410x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Hollywood.png
2MB, 1410x1008px
>>2384604
By a lot of people i'm assuming you mean Smarks.

They're rarely close to right about anything, they let the delusional value set on their fantasy booking warp what is based.

Hulk Hogan is the most recognizable, dime drawing, wrestler of all time. Nobody else is even close. Hogan remained on top for decades, like him or not.
>>
>>2384650
That's right brother hogan bodyslammed Andre the giant in front of 6 million screaming hulkamaniacs.
>>
>>2384654
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collision_in_Korea
Sure kid.
>>
>>2384676
>forced to come or they'd die
lol
>>
>>2384676
But was he the draw ? I doubt the Koreans knew who flair was but if hulkamania would have been there they coulda sold it out every night for a month straight if they wanted.
>>
>>2384676

> KIm Jong Il forces all his citizens to watch a wrestling show
> 90K show up of their own accord

Anyway, that happened after Mania 3.
>>
>>2384683
North Koreans are probably the biggest marks outside of Indians. Think about it, pro wrestling is a taboo form of entertainment for them so you know they want that shit.
>>
>>2384688
They would have had to shoot people to keep them out if hogan woulda been there
>>
>>2384604
>best wrestler
>hulk hogan
>valid argument
Anybody who ignores Hulks contributions to the industry as a whole is an idiot, and he may very well be the biggest star in the history of the sport, but let's be honest. In terms of his actual wrestling ability, he probably isn't even in the top 50.
>>
>>2384706
The only abilities that matter are ability to draw and ability to be political.
>>
>>2384714
Holy shit is that you Vince?
>>
>>2384706
As a draw over the time he did it yes he is most definitely the goat but when you add in ring to the equation others can have arguments made for them.
>>
File: BretHart_crop_north.jpg (29KB, 542x361px) Image search: [Google]
BretHart_crop_north.jpg
29KB, 542x361px
>>2384600
>"As far as I'm concerned Hogan was a lying backstabber, he said 'I'm not one of the boys'. *swallows* Well when I was champion I was guiding everyone's cocks into their wives and my wife, I was the workhorse who laid it on the line every night. I'm the best there is, was and ever will be. And that Hogan... *sheds tear* he just took that away from me, he tried to come back and film that BBC at Wrestlemania IX, taking my spot! Well he couldn't lace up my boots, let alone prep a bull properly. He was average and I was much better, you look at my body of work and it speaks for itself. I tell stories with detail and characters. Hogan was at best a 4/10 cuck, every angle I knew before he was going to do it. All I could think was, is that it? Is that all you've really... Done? Me, Anvil, Bulldog and my brother Owen would come up with so many creative tag spots and Hogan just took the money and kept filming. He said to me that night, "I'll have no problem letting you be my bull in return." And I said, 'I'll remember that Hogan"
>>
>>2384714
Ring work is highly overrated and really the only straw smarks can grasp onto when talking about hulkster
>>
File: IMG_3154.png (168KB, 416x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3154.png
168KB, 416x311px
>>2384716
>mfw Austin was actually a bigger draw than Hulk
>And that's the bottom dime, cause Stone Cold said so!
>>
>>2384721
>If Vince McMahon were Julius Caesar, Hulk Hogan was Alexander the Great
What did Bret mean by that?
>>
>>2384723
For a few years yes, hogan did it for two decades
>>
>>2384716
In ring is subjective as fuck since it's all fake.

Do you think acrobatic flips are objectively better than power slams? How about that "ring psychology" aka "WORKING".

Being a draw means you are one of the most entertaining, fuck Bretkeks argument of "muh technical wrestling".
>>
>>2384722
It's a fake sport and ring ability doesn't actually exist. If you don't hurt people and know how to get fans into your staged fights, that's the only ability that really matters. Wrestling's #1 goal is to get fans involved. Hogan understood what wrestling was about. He had a different style suited for Japan, but in both cases he was over like rover.
>>
>>2384727
He meant hulkamania drew more dimes in one night then he did his entire career.
>>
>>2384722
>really the only straw smarks can grasp onto when talking about the hulkster

Hmmm ok.

>a piece of shit backstage
>crap promo
>held down better wrestlers
>wouldn't put anyone over
>was outdrew by Austin and now Cena
>become stale and the crowd turned on him
>>
>>2384734
> crap promo
Hogan's a promo GOAT. He invented the modern promo.
>>
>>2384737
Muhammad Ali, Ric Flair and Superstar Billy Graham invented the modern promo.
>>
>>2384734
He wasn't a crap promo and none of the other shit matters. If the other guys were any good they would have grabbed the brass ring regardless
>>
>>2384743
Hogan was a crap promo. Put Hogan in the ring with a prime Austin, Rock, Punk or Cena and he gets verbally destroyed.
>>
>>2384749
Different times, a lot of people still thought it was real
>>
>>2384734
>a piece of shit backstage
all the wrestlers loved him for putting food on their plates, word from bret
>crap promo
18+
>held down better wrestlers
held down dimeless dandies
>wouldn't put anyone over
held down dimeless dandies, look how warrior turned out
>was outdrew by Austin and now Cena
maybe austin, but cena? 18+
>become stale and the crowd turned on him
only in outlawcw, crowds still loved him in 1993

>>2384749
>Punk
Hey Phil!
>>
>>2384749
> Hogan actually had promos against the Rock and won over the Toronto crowd in spite of being the heel.
>>
File: basedhogan.jpg (166KB, 1728x905px) Image search: [Google]
basedhogan.jpg
166KB, 1728x905px
>>2384758
How can one man be so GOAT?
>>
>>2384760
Prayers and vitamins brother
>>
Here we see The Rock viewing Hogan's collection of dimes.
>>
Based Hulk Hogan. Single handedly made wrestling big in the 80's. Then when that vanilla midget Bret almost killed the industry in the 90s Hulk saved it when he turned and created the nWo which is directly responsible for the DX. He was also responsible for Stone Cold because he was nothing but a jobber in the WCW and the Hulkster kept him in his place, and then Austin took all his frustrations the Hulkster brought out of him and created Stone Cold
>>
>>2384780
The most petrified man in sports entertainment.
>>
>>2384786
This is the honest to God truth
>>
File: flair.jpg (81KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
flair.jpg
81KB, 640x640px
My favorite wrestler and personal GOAT is HBK, but my #2 is Hogan, and I admittedly can't make an argument for any reason why Hogan isn't the true GOAT. He drew more than Rock, he's known better than Austin, and had better matches than Triple H.

He's truly the GOAT and I'm glad that him and HBK are good friends with Flair.
>>
>>2384786
>Hogan worked other wrestlers into becoming mega draws like him
Holy shit
>>
>>2384786
Hulk is based as fuck. His role in wrestling cannot be understated no matter how much of a shithead he is IRL
>>
>>2384786
Yes, yes "Based Hulk Hogan"

The man who:

>Was a known coke user and got many wrestlers addicted to substances including Elizabeth and wife swapped constantly
>Literally did not draw a fucking dime in Hollywood, did worse than Piper
>Couldn't even cut it on TV with fucking Thunder in Paradise
>Did not move the needle in WCW until nWo after attaching himself to Hall and Nash
>Became a cripple doing a leg drop of all things
>His wife cucked him with an 18 year old in his own bed
>Daughter is a known coalburner with a failed singing career
>Son is a spoiled brat who killed a person with his own recklessness and wound up in jail
>Getting caught saying the n-word on camera

He deserved the payout from gawker but even still, it speaks for itself.
>>
>>2384828
None of that matters. All we care about are the dimes and nobody did it better for longer than hulk
>>
>>2384833
>Nobody did it better
Austin
>For longer
Cena

If it was a venn diagram Hogan would sit in the middle.
>>
>>2384839
Cena still has 10 years to go as TOP DOG before being on Hulksters level
>>
>>2384786
Honestly if hogan could still wrestle he would be champion right now selling out arenas across the world and drawing mad dimes. Bret would be struggling to sell out the local bingo hall.
>>
>>2384706
"wreslting" isnt real kid. the only thing that can determine a good "wrestler" is their entertainment factor and drawing power both things the hulkster excelled at so get fucked. i always laff when you peabrain smarks call guys like rock hulk and austin "medicore" in ring when half the dudes you jerk off could never dominate the ring like those 3 did with their charisma and showmanship they had a real understanding of how to put on a match and actually work the fucking crowd.

>>2384731

This
>>
>>2384732
This, the Hulkster was over as fuck in Japan. I wish he kept the AXE BOMBER as his finisher and never went to that shit leg drop that crippled him. : (
>>
Hogan was not a top tier worker or top tier on the mic, the only thing he had going for him was being the biggest draw

But Austin surpassed him so the old man has nothing
>>
>>2384968
>Austin surpassed him

Lol if Austin died tomorrow it would be a sidenote. If Hulk Hogan died it would be breaking world news on every channel.
>>
>>2384968
>Austin surpassed him
Fucking how lol, Austin was a jobber and midcarder for most of his career. He went out with a bang and has some meme chants and thats it. Hogan was a fucking draw for decades all over the world.
>>
>>2384979
Wrong
>The man who stunned Trump died today, a true American hero who fought against sexism, misogyny and homophobia. Possible Russian involvement?
>>
>>2384992
The front page of Huffington post doesn't count
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.