[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After seeing a bunch of ridiculous threads on /asp/ for months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: Goldberg 2.jpg (51KB, 600x646px) Image search: [Google]
Goldberg 2.jpg
51KB, 600x646px
After seeing a bunch of ridiculous threads on /asp/ for months while lurking, I figured I would post something interesting. So, here's a good discussion piece.

With WrestleMania 33 coming up, it's pretty obvious the crowd, namely the smarks, are turning on Goldberg for consistently having short matches that are main events of PPVs, taking the top spot from full-time performers while getting paid much more than many of them combined to do it. However, I think that WWE's fault of not creating new superstars and megastars is partially to blame for this. Names like "Dean Ambrose" and "Seth Rollins" just aren't anywhere near the likes of names such as "Goldberg" and "Brock Lesnar." So now they have to rely on part-timers to main event and sell tickets and merchandise, causing many dedicated fans to get angry at the part-timers for taking those top spots.

Since Goldberg has returned, I've noticed a lot of people beginning to turn on him in the live crowd. Normally, I side with smarks, but this time I find the people booing Goldberg to be a real nuisance. Goldberg being my most favorite wrestler ever has a lot to do with this, so here's my question:

When was the first time you can recall yourself disagreeing with the smark audience in WWE? Whether it be due to your personal favorite wrestler or just thinking logically.
>>
Who the fucks favorite wrestler is Goldberg? How old are you?
>>
>>2372269
He's my favorite 2bh

>>
Anybody happy with a part timer being on top is either a mark or a dumbass. Their matches are never good.
>>
>>2372269
OP here.

22. It's not always about the best in-ring ability. Don't get me wrong, I love AJ Styles and Samoa Joe and have ever since I've first seen them, but the raw intensity of Goldberg is undeniable. When I was 12 and just getting into wrestling, I would look up videos on YouTube of Goldberg and WCW, fascinated with the times that had already past. You cannot deny Goldberg was at one time a top star in all of wrestling, with an intensity that's still unrivaled to this day, albeit close via Brock Lesnar.

>>2372281
I think personally that part-timers should not be on top, and they wouldn't be if WWE was better at creating megastars with their current talent. Only one guy has become a megastar post-Attitude/nWo Era, and that's John Cena, and even he is quite a far cry from names like Austin, Goldberg, Sting, and The Rock.
>>
>>2372284
Not a smark, not a mark, not a antismark, I'm just a guy who enjoys actual talent.
>>
File: debate me.png (284KB, 495x337px) Image search: [Google]
debate me.png
284KB, 495x337px
>Not a smark, not a mark, not a antismark, I'm just a guy who enjoys actual talent.
>>
>>2372290
>fat mark seething
>>
>>2372290
Funny, very funny. Jesus asp is fucking cancer.
>>
>>2372298
Says the tard
>>
>>2372266
I remember seeing a kid wearing a Goldberg shirt at Wal-Mart one time. I waited until he was in a secluded area and proceeded to beat the shit out of him, tear his gay shirt and spit in his face. I got him so scared that he said some black kids did it. It always makes me smile when I think about it.
>>
>Brock's bitch main eventing
>>
>>2372304
>lardass mark for oldjew sweating
>>
>>2372269
He's my favorite as well, 22
>>
>>2372309
based godbergmark imitating his hero as you imitate yours and die of obesity
>>
>>2372302
OP here.

Laughed because it reminded me I was at Wal-Mart one time and I shit you not, some kid had on an Alex Wright shirt from WCW 2000. I was dumbfounded and had to ask why Alex Wright of all people. Guy said he was a giant fan of him and hated guys like Goldberg keeping the top spot back in the day. As if WCW in 2000 really mattered when it came to top spots with Russo running everything unhinged.
>>
>oldjew mark scrambling
>>
>>2372269
>he wasn't a kid in the 90s

18+ or 30- you fucking goof
>>
Smarks generally hate Ziggler, but I'd kill for a sustained push for him. He proved that he could get over in the feud with Miz, on top of the stellar matches he had with Miz, Styles/Corbin, and Wyatt last year. If they'd waited and taken the IC belt off him at, say, Royal Rumble, and had him snap and turn heel during/after the match, and go on to work with some good upper midcarders, he could have been one of the best things on SD.
Instead they immediately destroyed all the momentum he'd built from that feud, pushed him to the very bottom of the card, and put him with the worst talent the company has to offer.
>>
>>2372336
OP here.

Congratulations on being the first person in this thread to actually answer the question. I agree, Ziggler has great talent and should be much bigger right now than he is. He should have been years ago, in fact. It's just with the 25+ or however many writers WWE has nowadays, they can't decide what to do with anyone, so guys like him who have real talent and a genuine love for the business just get squandered and lost in the mix. Kind of sad because now he's been around more than a decade, and his time is coming to an end soon, I think. Too many newer stars to worry about.

That's a good way to sustain his relevancy, too. Relevancy and consistency are two things WWE has the toughest time out of any major promotion maintaining. Even TNA is better at these more often than WWE.
>>
>>2372269
>How old are you?
Older than you.
>>
Sami Zayn, Finn Balor and Dean Ambrose are my favourite guys on the roster, unless /asp/ don't qualify as smarks

Against core smarks I like based big dog and don't care about women's wrestling and also thing Braun and baron Corbin suck
>>
>>2372302
Nigger please.
>>
>>2372371
OP here.

/asp/ is smark heaven, in my book. I like all three of those talents you named. The only talents I don't really enjoy would be the ones that don't actually know how to work and have about zero redeeming qualities. Nia Jax comes to mind immediately out of everyone on the current roster that fits this mold. Ironic that her entrance includes a zoom-in on her eyes because I roll mine when she comes out.

Reigns will probably never get the respect of the smarks back, not even if The Shield reformed. He's a good worker, but once WWE ruined RR 2015 by putting Reigns over and not Bryan, it was all over for any chance of him being accepted.
>>
>it's another NeetHammer whines about the smarks thread

fuck off

Goldberg was fine for a short stint, now he can fuck off.

And the real problem remains that WWE pushes nothing but Romanetty.
>>
>>2372378
You sound like the type of fag who would get his ass beat for wearing an oldberg shirt
>>
File: 1458668008775.jpg (192KB, 941x611px) Image search: [Google]
1458668008775.jpg
192KB, 941x611px
ITT
>>
>>2372302
>Lying on the internet to justify being a beta.
>>
File: 1489339246800.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1489339246800.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>2372286
What a faggot.
>>2372290
Top kek.
>>
The reason they can't build new stars is shitty booking. Dean did nothing after his initial feud with Seth. Seth's title reign was booked really badly.

Reigns was the only one booked like they wanna make him into a star, but people hate him
>>
>>2372487
>The people I like sucking is cause of the booking
>The people I don't like sucking is cause they suck and has nothing to do with booking.

Howling.
>>
>>2372286
So a smark?
>>
>>2372269
He is not my favorite but Goldberg was never about his ability to wrestle, his ability was/is to look like a force of nature that cant be contained and who was the only one that believably could outpower Lesnar.

I dont mind him burying talent since the locker room lacks the look of Goldberg.
>>
>>2372487
OP here.

Yeah, their booking is almost never straightforward and when it is, it's for the worst outcome that everybody sees coming and nobody wants. They don't understand the difference between seeing what's coming and having it be beneficial, and seeing what's coming while nobody cares and just wants to move on.

It's also obvious that they may never understand the best chance Reigns has for redemption is to just stop talking, going out and destroying guys in consistently unique ways. It's proven a silent badass can work in 2017, even with a mouthpiece, so why not take the guy you claim is such a badass and do it with him? Not that hard. I remember when Reigns returned from his "injury" from Triple H building to WM32 and he just walked out and beat the shit out of him. That was great! Why not more of that?
>>
>>2372491
Being a star has less to do with your talent and more to do with how you're booked.

Imagine if Rocky never turned heel when the crowd was booing him out of the building. If instead WWE kept his character the same and he was eventually released. Perfect example of booking mattering.

>>2372507
You're right they did try that it worked perfectly. Problem is, Vince wants Roman to be a top guy. And top guys need to tell jokes and appeal to the kids. And until Vince learns that Roman is simply supposed to be the badass, and isn't top guy material, he's gonna continue to get booed.
>>
>>2372343
Wasn't his contract ending, so that's probably why they devalued him and held him down. Now that he resigned, they will build him up again. That's how it works. They can't afford to push everyone to the moon or they will all demand more money. The WWE is barely making any money.
>>
>>2372290
This is why I love this board. The shitposting is so bad that it's actually funny

>>2372313
>op here
nigger just give yourself a name already instead of writing this.

>when was the first time you disagreed with smarks
Im going to say 18+ only because you don't know how bad smarks were back in the day. Hell watch hogan's bash at the beach promo and look at the fatmanlet in the back. They were always cancer but now their the majority
>>
>>2372520
OP here.

True, very true. Vince wants him to be everything, when if you try to make a guy be everything, you ruin him. What's funny is when you hear about Vince wanting Reigns to be the next Cena, and you realize Reigns has only ever worn black clothing with his logo in different shades. Imagine Roman, being the "new Cena," coming out in bright orange shirt with a S.W.A.T. gear overlay to sell. Something I wouldn't put past Vince at this point.

>>2372525
Good point, I forgot about that whole contract debacle. And while they can't push everyone, they should look to push the guys that can work and rotate them around to keep things fresh. Keeping one guy, like Cesaro for example, mid-card for years, then shuffle him into the tag team division is just idiotic. Sure, he's Cesaro. He can make anything work. But why waste a guy like that and never let him have a single world title run? If he isn't putting younger talent over, he's working with them to make them better.

>>2372540
Not sure if it's worth it or not because I almost never post on 4chan in general. Once this thread is gone I might just fade away and classify myself as obsolete. But I can understand the reasoning for it, I'm fucking surprised at this point nobody's put "OP here." yet.

Smarks are pretty much the majority for the on-air shows, but for house shows apparently it's mostly casuals still. Would make sense as to why Vince is still pushing Roman because his merchandise is selling hardcore. Otherwise Roman would've been dropped long ago.
>>
>WWE not building stars so brings in part timers.

If you gave me free reign with the current rosters I could make a wrestlemania card that would give +4 stars every match.

The issue is not making 'Winners'.

Asuka is the ONLY undefeated person with a genuine record in WWE, With the UK Champ Tyler Bate being the other but not on par with defenses.

The thing is you can put either in a match and the interest is there already because theyre undefeated, theyre booked as legit champs, they're winners, headliners of their division.

Even Neville.
So lets take Dean Ambrose -loses ppvs more than anyone. - who cares about this jobber?
>>
Guys what are they going to do with Braun for Wrestlemania? Is he getting inserted in Roman vs. Taker because Taker can't do a full singles program?

I think the "leftover" superstars that deserve more than an appearance in the Andre rumbel should be in a cross brand MITB ladder match, winner being able to cash on any champion during cross brand PPV's or on their own brand's champ whenever. It should be Braun, Samy Zayn, Luke Harper, Samoa Joe, Dolph Ziggler and Rusev.
>>
based smarks ITT working Oldberg himself and his fatass marks
>>
>>2372548
Nah I mean just write a name like this.

also Romans merch isn't selling well enough is justify how badly he looks in live shows. I think he's more a case of Vince being stubborn and old. So he'll push Roman until he dies
>>
>>2372582
Harder than it looks apparently
>>
OP Here

I'm a huge fag who has shit taste in wrestlers and an even worse opinion.
>>
>>2372582
>>2372585
Yeah I made one, happy day. Now I can anger the Bretcuck posters and they'll know it's actually someone else for once. As for Roman, I think Roman is a perfect case of Vince refusing at his old age to give up on what once worked: The Adonis-level body big guy as the face of the company.

>>2372977
You are worst for business.
>>
OP here
>>
Actually pretty good thread OP.

Goldberg coming back and crushing Owens would be like RAW is WAR having Harley Race return to bury HHH in the late 90s.

It's laughably short-sighted and self-destructive.

>>2372336
>Smarks generally hate Ziggler,

Ziggler was a smark darling for years and is still generally popular among circles with good taste, I.E. not here or plebbit.
>>
>>2372391
>a short stint

He buried Owens and gave Lesnar a token win after destroying him at Survivor Series.

What's the gain?
>>
>potentially good thread
>FedoRamen poo-poos all over it as soon as he can
>>
>>2373453
>gave Lesnar a token win after destroying him at Survivor Series.
When was this?
>>
>>2373456
spoilers for Wrestlemania
>>
/asp/ hates Kalisto and I have no idea why. The guy works hard and has had quite a few great matches in his time. Lucha Dragons were a highlight of the tag division for a while and definitely should have had a quick title reign instead of Prime Time Players. His US reigns were ruined by Del Rio and Ryback. Sin Cara should have come back from injury as a heel and that's who he should have been fighting. I hope he gets another chance in the future and stops being lumped in with Apollo Crews.
>>2372562
This is pretty accurate. They seem to be doing it deliberately to Ziggler. Meanwhile winners like AJ Styles get the biggest crowd reactions. People want to like other wrestlers but nobody wants to stay on a sinking ship. They need to be careful with Zayn moving forward or his NXT goodwill is going to run out.
>>
>>2373482
>/asp/ hates Kalisto and I have no idea why.

You can't figure out why a chan full of hoss-worshiping /pol/ rejects hates the short, thin, brown guy?
>>
>>2373475
Asshole, I haven't watched it yet
>>
>>2373490
I'm not a size queen or a racist, and I don't like Kalisto. He can wrestle, of course, but so can all the cruisers. I just can't stand luchadors whose entire gimmick is literally just being a luchador. Same with Gran Metallik.

Rey got over because he was the first one WWE ever bothered to push and was therefore something new to WWE fans. There's nothing about Kalisto that is unique. Dude needs to find a personality.
>>
>>2373530
If you're looking for luchadors with personality you are watching the wrong fucking promotion.
>>
>>2373530
Okay I can agree with that criticism, but he can't flesh his character out if he never gets promo time. His character is only 10% luchador, 45% silent guy who runs in to save people, 45% silent guy who needs saving. If you only have ten seconds to cut a promo, the most constructive thing you can do is try to get your "lucha lucha" chant over.

This is a problem with WWE in general. And to answer the OP again
>>2372266
I disagree with smarks who complain about too many promos and not enough wrestling. When you think about it, only the same handful of people ever even get the chance to do promos. The majority of the roster never speaks or appears backstage unless they're doing a cameo in a promo for somebody already established. And we hardly ever get those 10 second promos that play during entrances anymore, not that those were particularly useful but it used to be the only time some of the roster would have a voice. Look at SD's tag division. Breezango or Vaudevillains or Ascension can only do so much with no dialogue and less than three minute squash matches. Ascension need to talk (and get better at talking), not just change their make-up once in a while and hope that's enough.

The answer is not more matches, less promos. The answer is more promos, less recaps of the same 30 minute opening promo.
>>
I actually loved both Goldberg's WCW run and his first WWE run despite it's flaws. This latest run isn't doing anything for me though.
>>
That one time smarks loved the shit out of Orton.
>>
>>2372494
>anti-smarklets confessing they don't care about talent
>>
File: mildlysmug.png (148KB, 339x375px) Image search: [Google]
mildlysmug.png
148KB, 339x375px
>>2372426
Must be a farm nearby, judging by the amount of straw men you've been setting up.
>>
>>2373745
rekt
>>
>>2372266
Short story:
I got off the smark bandwagon when their non-sensical hate for Roman got way too much for me

Long story:
>I had joined the iwc around 2013
>DB was my favourite wrestler
>I agreed with all smark opinions because they were seemingly experts on all things wrestling.
>Then back comes one of my all time favourites, Batista
>I'm incredibly excited
>He gets booed out of the building and I'm in shock
>Online forums give non-sensical reasons as to why they sabotaged Batista
>Buy into it because I still think that these people are infallible
>But still over the next year I'm barely involved in the iwc
>Royal Rumble comes around and smarks turn on Reigns
>Am shocked that it happened again but I'm lukewarm on Reigns so am not especially devastated
>Once again their reasons are straight up idiotic and I'm starting to see it now
>But still I join in on the Reigns bashing even though I'm not really sure why we hate him
>Over the next year Reigns starts slowly winning me over
>Love his WM31 match, his matches against Wyatt, vs Cesaro, vs Big Show, vs Bryan
>Then he wins the title in Philly and its amazing
>He gets "you deserve it" chants and he's briefly loved again
>They turn on him again and now I'm just sick of it
>have become a Reigns fan
>Still a fringe smark
>Fast forward through another year of Reigns being amazing and smarks getting worse and worse and I'm now full anti-smark
>>
>>2373778
>wasting all this time posting such obvious bullshit

But why?

>Reigns was ever "loved" by smarks post-Shield
>>
>>2372266
Goldberg looks like shit, which is why you didn't use a recent picture of him in the OP, and can't wrestle well anymore. Remind me of why I'm meant to be behind him.
>>
Goldberg literally manipulated the audience into consistently giving him cheers when he mentioned doing it for his kid and being a superhero for all kids around the world. The average fan isn't going to boo that. If he came in and didn't say a word about that bullshit, and was just Goldberg from early WCW, he'd either be massively more over or massively more booed.

Guilt tripped into cheering for him. If he doesn't put on a good match at WM, I'm gonna be pretty mad honestly.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.