[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn we were spoiled rotten back then. Because of the ratings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
Damn we were spoiled rotten back then. Because of the ratings war, almost every week you got PPV caliber match-ups and shows on regular cable. Eric was a genius from 95- early 99. Although I loved WWF too, it always pissed me off when they started winning the ratings war because they forced the business to go right back to the stupid "We're going to face off...at the pay per view. So everyone should totally wait 4 weeks to finally see it" format. Obviously the death of WCW was the end of cutting edge entertainment. Vince took wrestling right back to the homo-erotic cowboys and eye-roll inducing storylines.
>>
I don't think you were actually around to see Nitro back then. Most of the main event matches ended in NWO run-in cluster fuck DQs.
>>
>>2355443

And it was awesome.
>>
>>2355443
But at the same time, everyone on the card had something to do and the mid card was fucking stacked. The cruiserweights were perfect, the women were mostly all hot, there were still hardcore matches, and even though the main event usually ended in interference, it didn't end up being 50/50 booking garbage and everyone still looked pretty strong. WCW at its best was the best wrestling of all time and it forced Vince to give a shit
>>
>>2355470
It really wasn't
>>
>>2355885
WCW 1995-1999 was the pinnacle of wrestling. I started watching WWE a couple of years ago but I mainly only give a fuck about Sting, Goldberg, Stone Cold, the Rock. All the new guys are shitters
>>
>>2356057
agreed 100%. i wish there was some multi-billionaire who was also a huge mark that wanted to challenge vince. it's the only way wrestling will ever be watchable again
>>
>>2355432
>whines about homoerotic cowboys
>fapping in 2017 about big muscly guys with no charisma

what did OP mean?

>>2356057
NWO Wolfcuc pls
>>
>>2355885
>he mid card was fucking stacked.

The only reason you can say that now is because Vince eventually promoted them to main event status, which is what WCW refused to do and that's why they quit en masse.

If it wasn't for Vince, they'd be nobodies, buried forever in the name of Hogan, Nash and Goldberg.
>>
>>2355885
WCW women were top tier, what the fuck is with Vince's manjaw fetish?
>>
>give away important shit for free
>nobody buys your ppvs
>go out of business

yeah you were spoiled alright
>>
>>2355432
>nWo run in

oh wow
>>
>>2356611
wcw's advertising revenue was way more than they ever could have made from ppv, hence the big matches on nitr
>>
Nobody remembers any WCW matches because they weren't on PPV. Even when WWE was losing the ratings war they still had classic matches on PPV now and then e.g. Bret/HBK. What classic matches did WCW build on PPV?
>>
>>2357325
Sting/Hogan
Jericho/Malenko
Hogan/Flair
DDP/Savage
>>
>>2357325

Bret Hart v the grave is my favorite ongoing wcw fued
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.