[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lmao what the fuck was he thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (76KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
76KB, 1440x900px
lmao what the fuck was he thinking
>>
>>2345665
haha i'm rich, just got richer, and am still more over than anybody in the WWE
>>
>>2345668
He'll be lucky if he remembers where his money is after his next fight.
>>
Egomaniac thinks he can do anything

Realizes he can't do anything
>>
>>2345665
Bret Hart Syndrome

He's a mark for himself.
>>
realize that he was a below average athlete that played a badass on a fake kids show.
>>
>>2345665
>$500k minimum for 2 minutes work

lol what a cuck
>>
>>2346032
the only person who's a mark for himself is the guy who won't stop punkposting, who coincidentally is also every other reply in this thread except this one
>>
>>2346039
this so much

Punk is genetic trash, zero athletic ability, he has a weak bone structure etc

being booked strong in wrestling thanks to his mic skills gave the illusion that he is physical capable and he could somehow translate it to MMA

then he used it his celeb status and money to train with an elite team for 2 years, and still got creamed by a kid with only 2 fights who was simply bigger, stronger, faster, younger and better than him every single way, in front of his wife no less

then he cried at the post fight presser on top of it while alpha Mickey Gall was propelled to stardom

all around embarrassing
>>
>>2345665
That was the saddest day of my life I was literally shaking watching it.
>>
File: its-not-your-fault.jpg (20KB, 434x289px) Image search: [Google]
its-not-your-fault.jpg
20KB, 434x289px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandoned_child_syndrome
http://www.couplescounselingchicago.net/7-signs-you-have-abandonment-issues-you-cant-ignore/
http://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/issues/abandonment
http://www.abandonment.net/abandonment-frequently-asked-questions
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-many-faces-addiction/201006/understanding-the-pain-abandonment
http://psychologia.co/abandonment-issues/
https://www.jordangrayconsulting.com/2014/03/abandonment-issues/
>>
File: phill.jpg (262KB, 2280x1824px) Image search: [Google]
phill.jpg
262KB, 2280x1824px
>>2345665
>>
>>2346248
HI Phil!
>>
File: itsnotyourfault.jpg (34KB, 530x288px) Image search: [Google]
itsnotyourfault.jpg
34KB, 530x288px
>>2346326
>>
>>2346043
This is an invalid argument to defend CM Punk fighting in the UFC. Yes, he did get $500k, but:

1. It just wasn't for "2 minutes work". It was for 2 years of [probably] intense and long daily training + a 2 minute fight.

2. He was already a star. He could have made more money over those 2 years, with the same amount - or less - effort into wrestling or other appearances.

3. The way he lost did serious damage the CM Punk brand, which could cost him money in the long run, perhaps even 500k or more.

Not to mention he completely embarrassed himself in front of the whole world and also proved himself to be a hypocrite.
>>
>>2346330
Huh?
>>
Dumbass probably would have main evented Wrestlemania by now if wasn't a quitter. He wouldn't have wasted big bucks training and he would have earned way more than 500k in WWE.
>>
File: punkd.jpg (29KB, 723x479px) Image search: [Google]
punkd.jpg
29KB, 723x479px
>>2346333
>he completely embarrassed himself in front of the whole world and also proved himself to be a hypocrite.
dat S E E T H I N G
>>
>>2346330
Phil is never coming back. He abandoned you. It is your fault, wewtist.
>>
>>2346333
how did he prove himself to be a hypocrite? oh wait, i already know, and you're fucking clueless and wrong.

he'll be a hypocrite when he comes back to wrestle part time in main event matches in the WWE and it will be part of his heel gimmick.

but he's not a hypocrite now.
>>
>>2346347
>not a hypocrite
>WHEN I GET TO THE TOP, I'M GOING TO BE THE VOICE FOR ALL THE GUYS IN THE LOCKERROOM AND STRAIGHTEN THIS SHIT OUT NO MORE OF THIS BULLSHIT WHERE PEOPLE JUST GET SQUASHED! FUCK YOU JTG I'M GOING TO SQUASH YOU AND YOU'LL LIKE IT
>CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY WANTED ME TO DROP THE TITLE TO DANIEL BRYAN SO A HEEL COULD FACE ROCK? BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME TURN HEEL AND LOSE A MATCH TO ROCK?
>FUCK YOU GUISE I'M GOING TO LEAVE AFTER GIVING YOU NOTICE THAT I'M NOT COMING BACK, BUT I'M TOTALLY NOT QUITTING
>OH MY GOD CAN YOU BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE FIRED ME ON MY WEDDING DAY AFTER I DIDN'T SHOW UP TO WORK FOR MONTHS??
>>
>>2346343
Fucking millions of people train martial arts and never have a fight? Are they wasting their money? No, they enjoy it, learning a new skill is a good thing to most normal humans self esteem.

Plus in one of his classes he was getting a belt in a ceremony with a bunch of kids and an old dude over 60. I really don't think he was close to spending more than he was earning. Fucking hell.
>>
>>2346362
>insane wall of text

cm punk fans everybody...
>>
why does he cry so much?
>>
>>2345665
Leaving WWE to become a UFC fighter was ALWAYS part of Phil's master plan since before he ever signed with WWE. He planned on doing what Lesnar did before Lesnar did it.

>Gain notoriety in WWE
>Find a reason to leave on my own terms, making me look edgy
>Join UFC
>Increase star power there
>Return to WWE and command whatever kind of contract I want with unlimited WM main events.

But there was one fatal flaw in his plan - to become a star in the UFC, Phil would need to be a good fighter. Phil was aware of the possibility that he might not ever get good at real fighting, so he started covering his bases to avoid embarrassment in his live journal (goldmine of cringe btw), many years ago. He mentioned that after his wrestling career he was gonna make a million dollars to get his ass kicked in UFC.
>>
>>2346343
*quieter
>>
>>2346379
>He mentioned that after his wrestling career he was gonna make a million dollars to get his ass kicked in UFC.
He's halfway there with only one fight, seems all is going according to plan.
>>
>>2346371
umm can you not read
That guy is clearly not a Punk fan
>>
>>2346333
Not to mention how much the training must've cost.

His venture into the UFC is an obvious vanity project and I don't see why people consider him some sort of valiant hero or genious entrepreneur.
>>
>>2346393
please, anybody who whines and bitches about cm punk like that is some deeply hurt cm punk fan who is heartbroken his idol went away. Just an angry ex-girlfriend who would take him back in a second.
>>
>>2346371
You should really learn to read first before responding.
>>
>>2346411
i know you're hurt but you need to move on and accept loss and change as part of cm punk's plan
>>
>>2346347
I meant he's a hypocrite because he complained about part timers taking prominent spots from more deserving full time wrestlers, then he joins UFC and does essentially the same thing.
>>
>>2346418
I knew that was your argument and, again, you're clueless. Boxing and UFC has always used gimmick/celebrity/infamous/strange fighters for their benefit, and in beating cm punk mickey gall got a chance at sage northcutt, who he fucking beat and now is a rising star in the UFC. With Punk on the PPV he got everybody more paid than they otherwise would. Boxing/UFC has never ever been anything close to WWE and it's fucking stupid to compare the two, it's just fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>2346436
Boxing and UFC has always used gimmick/celebrity/infamous/strange fighters for their benefit

How is that exactly different from what the WWE does?
>>
>>2346454
most importantly, WWE is a tv show and not a legitimate sport.

cm punk wasn't complaining about shit like floyd mayweather jr fighting big show, he was complaining about the politicking. apathy, poor care, and lies and bullshit which lead to his kind of frustration.
>>
>>2346436
I knew that was your argument and, again, you're clueless. WWE has always used gimmick/celebrity/infamous/strange fighters for their benefit, and in beating The Rock John Cena got more heat, and is now a bigger fucking star in WWE. With Rock on the PPV he got everybody more paid than they otherwise would. Boxing/UFC has always been close to WWE and it's fucking sensible to compare the two, it's just fucking sensible.
>>
>>2346478
I'm glad you've conceded your argument.
>>
>>2346478
To add to this, my point wasn't whether or not Punk's complaints had merit - it was that he complained about something and then did basically the same thing.

Gall getting fame at Punk's expense is irrelevant for the sake of this argument, especially since Punk was also trying to get fame at Gall's expense
>>
>>2346494
>basically
>essentially

but not the same thing. weasel words won't work on me, friend.
>>
>>2346499
Okay, then explain what makes part timers getting prominent spots on WWE cards over deserving full time wrestlers "not okay" - and at the same time explain what makes Punk getting a spot on a UFC PPV, over any other deserving full time fighter "okay"
>>
>>2346517
cm punk trained for this shit for 2 years, how was he not a full time fighter? He put in the exact same amount of preparation and promo work, if not more, than other guys at his level. And what's more, he lost and got his shit pushed in.

punks problem was guys coming back, not doing house shows, not doing smackdown and raws, and then GOING OVER full time guys who were busting their ass for less tv time, less money, and losing all their heat, which we both know is a very ethereal thing that can't just be wished back into being. You need to work overtime to make up for it. None of that shit applies to UFC whatsoever.

And frankly i think every WWE wrestler should be part time for both health reasons and because overexposure is the worst thing that can happen to these guys. But vince won't allow his guys to do that.
>>
>>2346529
I agree part timers going over / taking heat from full timers is wrong and bad business so in that respect what punk did was not exactly the same as that.

But I would never consider him a full time fighter like everyone else in UFC. Most fighters train for a lot more than 2 years and build up their records in amateur fights and lesser promotions for years before ever getting a look from UFC. Punk was able to cash in on his fame and have his first ever fight on MMA's biggest stage.

Yes, full time WWE guys are overworked and overexposed
>>
>>2346556
most of those guys train for like six months, if that, because they need to fight more than once in 2 years. Punk put in the work. He failed spectacularly but he put in the work.

i don't think he's a hypocrite, there's a lot of differences between legitimate fighting and WWE. 50% of the ufc audience doesn't know every guy on every card, whereas i would say 95% of any given WWE ppv audience knows every single guy on the card, it not a higher percentage.

Nobody would have benefitted from some nobody fighting Gall. And CM Punk didn't benefit either, but Gall benefitted, the other fighters benefitted, and (maybe) the UFC benefitted.

Plus fighters have much more leverage and agency, literally and figuratively. They pay-out is on the books and above board. The WWE (pre-network) it was just fucking bookers and road agents peeling off hundreds, screwing people over, with vince screwing over everybody below him. You think Vince is giving Kalisto and Fandango more money because The Rock brought up PPV buys? No fucking way.
>>
>>2346581
>thinking he REALLY trained for two years just to learn how to get into the fetal position so he can say he was choked out instead being KOd like he really was
>>
>>2346043
>what are taxes
>what are managers fees
>what are trainers fees
>what are cornermen fees
>>
>>2346581
>but he put in the work.

he really didnt, you could tell from his that "evolution of punk" video the ufc put out, he was one of those guys who didnt put in the time necessary, he actually shirked his training and thought "fuck it, it'll all work out somehow", what a clown.
>>
>>2346619
>>2346722

he was in better shape than he ever was in WWE.
>>
>>2346703
wew all those things apply to every fighter, and 99% of them earn a lot fucking less than 500k for a fight

if they can do it a pro-wrestling millionaire can
>>
>>2346263
Underrated fucking kek
>>
>>2346343
But he was Fired on his wedding day? Not quit
>>
>>2346362
Fucking Topkek
>>
>>2346581
>Damage Control 101

I'm just taking notes anon
>>
>>2346789
He walked out beforehand and was fired by just cause.
>>
>>2346379
link to his livejournal?
>>
>>2346789
>tell your boss you're not coming back
>leave
>don't come back
>after a few months they send you your pink slip and W2
>I DIDN'T QUIT, I'VE NEVER QUIT ANYTHING IN MY WHOLE LIFE, I WAS FIRED!!!
>>
>>2346581
>most of those guys train for like six months, if that, because they need to fight more than once in 2 years.

Pretty sure the guy before you meant mma fighters train for multiple years before making it to the ufc, not between ufc fights
>>
>>2346333
>. He could have made more money over those 2 years, with the same amount - or less - effort into wrestling

Lol uh WWE is actually an awful place to work at.

Reminder that they only get 1 day off a week. 6 days a week going from town to town to entertain man-children
>>
>>2346935
Literally the definition of taking something out of context

>. He could have made more money over those 2 years, with the same amount - or less - effort into WRESTLING OR OTHER APPEARANCES

does not mean working for WWE. he could have made money wrestling for other promotions or $20,000 for one autograph session like he claimed
>>
>>2346964
>he could have made money wrestling for other promotions or $20,000 for one autograph session like he claimed

He didn't want to keep wrestling and he still did those kinds of signings, both by himself and also as part of Marvel cause he was writing comics for them.

There's nothing to suggest that he sat on his butt for 2 years until his fight. He still had other avenues of making money.
>>
>>2346971
He was drawing all the comic books. Plus sold t-shirts.

Honestly, the idea that CM Punk somehow ruined his earning potential by doing UFC is bizarre.

He has already made his money, he doesn't care.
>>
>>2347012
Ruined his earning potential? No

Damaged it? Definitely. He was a huge star in wrestling then a UFC rookie shat all over him. Even though we all know WWE is staged, most wrestling fans will never look at his character the same way again
>>
>>2345668
Fact: Phil spent more on top tier training and coaches for MMA than he earned in that fight
>>
>>2347048
Brock got destroyed by Cain Velasquez, and when he came back to WWE he still had his legitimacy intact.
>>
>>2347065
Brock's defeat wasn't nearly as embarrassing. He at least had tons of offensive before getting taken down, and had already won fights before that
>>
>>2347065
Brock is also a freak of nature and was a UFC champion, Punk has neither of those credentials
>>
>>2347095
Brock got whooped worse than CM Punk and he didn't hurt Cain at all.
>>
>>2347102
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYwX1kZwhpw

WRONG
>>
>>2347117

Thanks for proving me right.
>>
>>2347065
>Comparing Brock to Phil
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.