[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey everyone. I have a no-gi BJJ tournament in two months, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: bjj.jpg (48KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
bjj.jpg
48KB, 720x478px
Hey everyone. I have a no-gi BJJ tournament in two months, but I'm very light. So light that in the last tournament I did there were only 4 people in my division. The next division up was had 15 or 16 people in it.

My question is, and yes I'VE READ THE FUCKING STICKY, what type of lifting routine should I integrate to gain 5kg in that time (of course, only 1-2kg would be muscle, but I'd like that) combined with a calorie surplus? Strength or Hypertrophy?

Thanks /fit/
>>
pediasure nigga! 8oz has 240 calories, it's scientifically designed for bulking

I don't know why you purposely want to reduce your chances of tasting glorious victory by going into a harder division
>>
Let's try to keep this one alive
>>
>>2328607
Ok
>>
>>2328235
Lift for strength, bulk like mad. In this case, I may actually suggest a low rep, high weight, high set approach (think Sheiko), or a few low rep, high weight sets, followed by a few low weight sets (531 program style).
>>
>blowjob tournament
>/fit/

yeah it fits alright, faggot
>>
File: 2 points.jpg (91KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2 points.jpg
91KB, 960x960px
>>2328235
Ibjjf or non-Ibjjf rules (leglocks)?
At what rank or level?
Wheight?
Country of competition?
You want to gain wheight? eat more.
steam Manioc, Plantain bannanas and/or sweet potatoes.
Ad some water/milk (almond or rice milk), lemon juice/fruits and/or sugar/marple sirup. Mash it all with a mixer. Drink it after your lighter meal of the day and/or after training.
You can add a scoop of whey/mass gainer if you want but add some water/milk.
What you need in the right order:
>Technique
>Flexibility
>Cardio
>Strenght
Which translate into:
Start a bjj journal
Work on your flexibility, especially hips and spine.
Do hill sprints, and some liss.
Do pull-up, deadlifts and burpees and squats.
Go to bed early,
If you really want to compete,
>Give up alcohol and drugs for 2 months.
>Drink thos f'cking shakes.
If it was ok, keep training the way you did for anything else.
>>
>>2329290
>ibjjf
>worst rules of any organization
>considered the standard
why are the gracies still relevant anyway? they haven't been good the moment the gis stopped being used in MMA
>>
>>2329676
Kron Gracie
>>
Bro, how can you be a g in a gi if you are doing no gi?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBYmZsUjSFE
>>
>>2330087
literally who
>>
>>2330247
You smell the casual 7000 miles away.
>>2329676
I hate Ibjjf rules also, but they're made to keep gracie style of bjj relevant and make the art popular. They incrinsingly became more corrupt than thinkable as the days go by.
Bjj doesn't value standing techniques high enough in the competition format, nor leglocks.
I understand the ban of the knee reaping, but only until purple belt. no wristlock nor straight leg locks in white belt are the second worst, only put to shame by not penalizing cunt who sits or try to pull guard.
>>
>>2330410
well they are failing, even normalfags understand sport bjj isn't like what they see in da MMAs bro. All they are doing is turning people off from the sport. Really nobody cares much about bjj anymore, now it's just "grappling" as a loose blanket term for all these no gi contests.
>>
File: misogynist mata leao.jpg (96KB, 811x540px) Image search: [Google]
misogynist mata leao.jpg
96KB, 811x540px
>>2330453
>Really nobody cares much about bjj anymore...
You must live on another planet...
This year Euro bjj championship got 13000 people competing.
The difference is that Bjj is not a spectator sport like MMA.
>>
>>2330458
everybody wants to do mma tho, most of the time people quit because it isn't what they thought it was. a lot of people think (and rightfully so) all that lapel stuff is dumb, untuck you flap, tie it around the guys arm, stick it in your mouth, give him a wedgie, stuff it down his pants, all that silly shit
>>
File: 1488678723354.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488678723354.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>2330498
>everybody wants to do mma tho
But nobody likes to get punched in the face, thrown, stomped on, kneed, elbowed and kicked, but for the few that actually like to fight and this is actually only a mere fraction of those who know MMA.
>a lot of people think (and rightfully so) all that lapel stuff is dumb
I am among those and fucking hate the lapel/clothes grip stuff like worm guard shit, because it is as one said: it works only against the people doing the same art as you.
If executed properly, a single leg remain a single leg and an armbar remains an armbar. "Only" the variations differ.
>>
>>2330700
>worm guard
keenan is muh boi!

lol actually not at all, he's friends with one of the guys at my gym and comes by when he's in town. He isn't particularly nice to me, just sort of blows me off and very clearly isn't interested in having a conversation.
I was sitting next to him at dinner and he was just texting and eating quietly
>>
>>2330410
More corrupt that thinkkable?
>>
File: 1487200194841.jpg (50KB, 455x551px) Image search: [Google]
1487200194841.jpg
50KB, 455x551px
Opinions on christian?
>>
>>2335356
because ibjjf isn't a regulatory body trying to promote a sport the way it presents itself. It's a shell corporation of gracie barra to crush their competition under foot and get dues from people who really owe them nothing.
they are by far the most prominent organization when it comes to tournaments. But if you want to compete in the tournaments they organize you need to be chartered by the federation, and you can only be chartered by the federation if one of their approved blackbelts is an instructor at your club and you pay yearly dues them. So essentially if you want to compete you have no choice but to surrender your club to gracie shills to do as they please with your curriculum, all while paying them money for the shit sandwich they are feeding you.

this is all changing now of course because their rules are high octane dog shit and people are seeking out better formats and venues to play in
>>
File: 1485663394495.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485663394495.webm
3MB, 960x540px
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.