[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, did anyone here actually like this change?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_4555.jpg (124KB, 649x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4555.jpg
124KB, 649x800px
Be honest, did anyone here actually like this change?
>>
>>2327641
I sure did

>autistic dead man zombie bullshit

>badass biker

Much more grounded and enjoyable
>>
I hated the biker change, but actually hated the change back to the Dead Man more

If you're gonna break a strict kayfabe gimmick to be a biker, then don't try to go back to zombie man again
>>
Bikertaker was way better than MMA Zombie. He should have come back as with the bike after Kane and the Nexus buried him in 2010.
>>
>>2327641
I didn't care for it because I hated Limp Bizkit, and I liked his Ministry of Darkness Goth lord gimmick and look
>>
>>2327641
The only time he drew a dime
>>
This was the first version of Undertaker I ever saw as a kid. It was neat, he came out to Limp Bizkit and weren't afraid of nothing. I was 7 at the time.
>>
File: 57927.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
57927.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>>2327801
>>
>>2327641
Yep.
>>
Yeah. He was actually entertaining. I don't get the praise for the deadman meme. It's boring as fuck and retarded most of the timeAside from the Ministry Taker, and most of the RA era Taker (around the time Khali came is my cutoff point), Biker Taker is the best.
>>
He was at least tolerable as the American badass

The deadman is hokey cringe that only Vince likes
>>
>>2327847
This
>>
>>2327757
What I hated most about his change back was that he went from largely no selling, or at least no selling pain, from being a normal biker guy, and then after he changed back he started that " I got punched now I'm going to lay in the corner like I'm out on my feet with my hands up to try and guard myself and give them the old Kung Fu movie 'come get me' hand flip"
>>
Big Evil Taker was alright. American Badass was pure shit. His matches from that period were mostly unwatchable.
>>
>>2327896
>those pissed off Hogan fans getting upset and flipping him off

Based Big Evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9TqP5suWoA
>>
Big Evil Taker is good. 00-01 Taker is unwatchable.
>>
File: nCaf45d.png (440KB, 460x639px) Image search: [Google]
nCaf45d.png
440KB, 460x639px
>tfw burred by the nigger killer
>>
I sure did. The Deadman gimmick had run its course and the image of him riding down the aisle on his bike as his leather jacket flapped behind him at Judgment Day 2000 is an iconic and fitting image for the times.

Even kayfabe wise you could argue this was reincarnation; but just the thought of a big biker motherfucker who calls himself Undertaker is still chilling.
>>
>>2327751
See, I agree. It's nostalgia goggles at its finest. Deadman Taker grumbling on the mic like a wheezing shithead would not have put even a fifth of a single ass on one seat.

Maybe it wasn't perfect, but the bottom line is the dude couldn't stay as spooky magic warlock 'Taker. Might as well go with his gimmick that he likes. What else ya' gonna do, put him in blackface and have him dance around or some shit?
>>
Big evil "Respect" angle was goat
>>
Biker Taker was shit.
>>
>>2327641
Big Evil was great. Best Taker. Only autists like le deadman xD shit
>>
>>2327802
yeah, if Bikertaker was your first exposure to him and you were a kid he was fucking awesome
>>
>>2328274
this.
Ministry Taker was the worse shit ever, good look and theme tho.
>>
Lads, serious question.

Should they "resurrect" him again for one last run? I think it's how he wanted to go out in the attitude era.

I hope Kane is currently off getting buff again for his last (and hopefully great) run as monster Kane.
>>
My 9 year old brain loved him. The idea of a badass biker with a pyromaniac autistic psycho brother was what made him love them. I only liked magic undead Taker when I accepted wrestling wasn't real and started watching it through the eyes of a cynical smark.
>>
Didn't Taker only have like 5 memorable matches during this period?
>>
>>2329550
I only remember him burying ddp and the ladder match with Jeff.
>>
>>2329550
He had one, the Jeff Hardy match

And that segment where he beat the shit out of Maven at the rumble, that was pretty cool
>>
>>2329555
>>2329560
+18

Hiac vs Brock I is literally one of the best WWE matches of all time
>>
File: Q5UAXpY.png (43KB, 542x602px) Image search: [Google]
Q5UAXpY.png
43KB, 542x602px
>>2329563
eh that shit wasn't memorable to me and I'm old now so I can barely remember stuffs [spoiler] tfw 37 [/spoiler]
>>
>>2329563

Yeah, there's also the triple threat with Kurt and Rock and a decent match with HHH at WM 17. Apparently he also had a really good match with Kurt on Smackdown in 2003, but I haven't seen it myself.
>>
>>2329619
Don't forget that time he made Brock lesnar look like a monster by taking a beating in that HIAC match.
>>
>>2328156
>Wouldn't even let Taker look good
Christ Hogan really was a cunt.
>>
Thought it was Chuck palumbo from the thumbnail lol
>>
File: wyatt.gif (2MB, 400x178px) Image search: [Google]
wyatt.gif
2MB, 400x178px
>>2329550
I liked his wrestlemania match against Triple H. But I only really remember it because Heyman made some joke that shocked me.
>>
>>2331416
>that brief glimpse of face wyatt
face wyatt will never happen again huh?
>>
>>2331495
Fans will treat him like a face, didn't you see the "you deserve it" chants he got?
>>
>>2327757
He went back to Deadman because Biker wasn't working
>>
>>2331572
>randy gets a chant for burning Wyatt's compound
>>
I worked in a Harley Davidson around that time, so I thought it was neat
I do like the dead man gimmick better, but BikerTaker was just as good. Also Last Ride is based, fuck you
>>
>>2327796
I thought Kid Rick did that abortion of a theme.
>>
File: undercarder.jpg (147KB, 897x1009px) Image search: [Google]
undercarder.jpg
147KB, 897x1009px
>>2327641
Let me explain this with a picture
>>
>>2327641
le epic Big Evil 2002 Taker was best Taker.

No cringey blue jeans, no Limp Bizkit, but still a bad ass biker man.

Lot of memorable moments and opponents that year for me, Maven, RVD, Flair, Hulk Hogan for the title, Jeff Hardy, Lesnar in the Cell.

Then he just fucking died in 2003 so they made him spooky ghost man again in 2004. Sad!
>>
Biker Taker was cool.

Last ride was his best finisher tbhfam.
>>
>>2333966

This

Last Ride is probably my favorite tweak to a powerbomb, up there with the Jackknife.
>>
>>2333882
>that time when he was fat as fuck
>>
>>2327641

I liked it but I was ecstatic they brought back the dead man
>>
I did, I never bought the "supernatural goth cult leader" shit so this was a welcomed change, so instead of thinking "this is retarded" it was just "whoa, this is badass".
>>
>>2329566
It was a No Mercy PPV. Definitely worth rewatching. UT, Brock and even Heyman bleed a ton.
>>
>>2333745
Kid Rock did American Badass, Limp Bizkit did Rollin'.
>>
YOU'VE DONE IT NOW!
>>
>>2336398
HIRING ME WAS A BIG MISTAKE
>>
>>2327641
>*Blocks your path*
Tbh biker taker was a nice breath of fresh air from the deadman gimmick which was getting old towards the end of ae. The problem was him going back to the deadman after 2004 but at the same time it's understandable why it happened, the biker gimmick was already starting to go stale and ra was coming to a close so he had no choice but to go back to the deadman gimmick in which like I said before had already gone stale (personally I think it was decent up until he got buried by bork). Honestly he would've been better off retiring as biker taker after 2004 but obviously Vince thought otherwise by beating an already dead horse.
>>
File: Dean..jpg (12KB, 220x247px) Image search: [Google]
Dean..jpg
12KB, 220x247px
Yes. My first modern WWE pay-per-view was Judgement Day 2002 when I was 6 or so. It was my first exposure to Biker Taker, as all the other times I saw him (watching old PPVs on VHS), was as the Deadman. I thought it was cool. Looking back on it now, as an adult, I think some of that run doesn't hold up. But the 2001-2003 stuff he did as the Biker was awesome.
>>
>>2327641
As a kid I liked it. But as a kid, it's easier to like shitty content.
>>
>>2336403
AND I CANT ALLOW
YOU TA THINK I COULD JUST DRAW A DIME
>>
I loved it. I thought the Brothers of Destruction entrance was the coolest shit.

Also Last Ride was always my finisher in the video games. One of the GOAT finishers tbqh.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.