[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Jim Cornette out of touch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: jimcornette.png (213KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
jimcornette.png
213KB, 640x359px
Is Jim Cornette out of touch?
>>
>>2325060
He should be out of reach of children at all times
>>
>>2325060
No. He speaks for a lot of jaded wrestling fans who saw the Attitude era first hand and not years later with the shit cut out.
>>
>>2325060
hes been out of touch since the early 90s, im not sure why people keep asking this.
>>
Yes and he has been for quite sometime.

He longs for the days when gimmick wrestlers were what made wrestling.

What you have to remember is we are talking about a guy who has been fired from almost every promotion. And as much as people rag on russo and the others of his kind, I find it funny that every time both He and (insert bad bookers name here) were together shit tanked not before or after, AT THE SAME TIME.
>>
He was pretty great in RoH when he wasn't in charge of booking. Best promos ever.
>>
>>2325121

That's basically been Cornette his entire career, minus some stuff in Smokey Mountain Wrestling.
>>
>>2325161

>You never attended Smokey Mountain Fan Week.

Why should I go on bros.
>>
He's right about kayfabe dying killing the business. Wrestlers used to be looked at as guys right below boxers and actual fighters, tough, but couldn't hang with real fighters so they began fixing the fights
>>
>>2325060
Jim Cornette claims to have invented or popularized almost anything to do with modern wrestling.

He is right 75% of the time, which is a whole lot more often than anyone else talking that much shit can claim, so as far as things go he's pretty alright.
>>
>>2325060

I love to listen to him. The passion and love he has for his own voice is just insane.
>>
>>2325087
The attitiude era isn't even what is important to Cornette. He sees that time as a load of hotshotting that threw everything under the bus to win a ratings war.

late 70s-early 90s is the GOAT era in his mind.

I think in a lot of respects he is right that the loss of the 80s style is what caused wrestling today to be so bad.

He is out of touch, but in the same way that a guy who lived through 87-94 hiphop music might hate modern stuff: being out of touch is sometimes the more correct way to be.
>>
he's a retard and has the most punchable face I've ever seen. i'd knock the glasses off his face and as he's on his hands and knees (a position I'm sure he's VERY familiar with) right as he grasps his pair of nerd frames i'd stomp right down on his tiny, feminine girly hands, breaking several of his fingers and knuckles and causing his glasses to break and splinter into his palms causing excruciating pain and severe blood loss. I'd then pull down my trousers turn my cheeks to his face and spray a shitty wet fart right as he opens that cumdumpster of his to squeal in pain. i'd humiliate him to the point where he mentally breaks and begs me for more
>>
>>2325060

Yes but he's just a product of his time. He'll always have one of the greatest minds in the game though, plus he's arguably the king of the shoot interview, (along with Sheik) so his views atleast deserve some respect
>>
>>2325354
would pay to see it. in fact this is the only way he'd ever draw a dime from me. he's such a failure
>>
>>2325354
>>2325375

>Russocucks on damage control
>>
>>2325354
this guy gets it
>>
>>2325161
>his booking of OVW is pretty good
>>
I enjoyed SMW, but yes. Did you watch ROH a few years ago?
>>
>>2326297
Has anyone watched ROH ever
>>
And out of money.
And out of relevance.
And out of viewers.
And out of dimes.
And out of his mind.
>>
since 1997 yes
>>
>>2326297
When did he start booking for ROH and when did he stop?
>>
>>2329357
>When did he start

When it got bad

>when did he stop?

When it got better
>>
>>2325354
Omega pls leave
>>
sure, but WWE would still be better overall with actual wrestler minds like his in the creative meetings and development centers instead of TV exec fags and outright mental cases.

saying that someone doing a comedy skit or whatever has "exposed the wrestling business" in [current year] is downright out of touch though.
>>
>>2329484
ROH was fucking rancid last time he got their book.
>>
File: 1487642703419.jpg (26KB, 238x524px) Image search: [Google]
1487642703419.jpg
26KB, 238x524px
>>2325060
You have to have been "in touch" at one point to be considered "out of touch"
>>
he is so salty about Vince becoming a billionaire.
>>
>>2329399
When ROH got better? Delirious made it a TNA-tier shitshow.
>>
I don't think he is out of touch because he views a certain era as the golden age of wrestling. I do think he is out of touch when he blames the wrestlers for what has happened to wrestling when it's a combination of Vince's corporate sterile-like image and social media. The wrestlers are just trying to adapt to the times.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.