[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JOSH MATTHEWS AND TNA BTFO!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: 1488444557071.png (13KB, 303x408px) Image search: [Google]
1488444557071.png
13KB, 303x408px
ALVAREZ: Worst announcer - David Otunga, followed by Striker, Byron Saxton, Josh Matthews, and lastly JBL
MELTZER: Okay, so I won't argue with any of them, but I will say this. So if anyone actually watched TNA, Josh Matthews would have done much better in this voting than he did. I think he benefited greatly because nobody watched the show.
>>
Yeah, that was ice cold.
>>
BASED BIG CALLS MAURO BEST ANNOUNCER

MAMMMMMMAAAS MIIIIAAAAAAAA
>>
>Roman wins most overrated despite the fact that everyone hates him

WON awards are so bad.
>>
>>2323495
>jbl
Why do numale smarks hate jbl so much? he's based af
>>
I like Striker...
>>
>>2323514
JBL hasn't done anything interesting on commentary in 10 years and is more or less just another Vince mouthpiece when he's not telling Otunga to shut up.
>>
Bryon is worst than Otunga at least Otunga is funny when he trade bantz with JBL
>>
>>2323495
>Striker
Why are these two so mad about lucha underground being great?
>>
>>2323531
>>2323524

Are you two fucking with me? I thought Saxton was the Smackdown commentator.
>>
Can't say I disagree, he definitely lessened my enjoyment of the EC PPV
>>
>>2323535
No he's on Raw with Corey and Micheal
>>
>>2323509
Meltzer basically called that out. He said, essentially, he understands people dislike Roman's push and that's why they voted for him, but when a guy has that many good matches in a year it makes no sense to call him most overrated.
>>
Mauro is garbage, but so is Otunga
>>
I'm watching tna for the first time in years tonight. Matthews got thrown and came back minutes later in a cringeworthy monologue about how he had broken ribs but was able to come back and that no other commentator would have been able to do so. It all seemed ad lib/unscripted and otherwise he was speaking as if he is uninjured. Hasn't sold whatsoever. Terrible
>>
Otunga gets a bad rap at least one line a show is worthwhile for me compared to Byron or Matthews that do nothing but melt my fucking head

or that bland white guy that face fucks tumblr ring rats, the only reason i don't hate him more is because he's so vanilla i don't notice him at all
>>
>>2323524
JBL is the only real heel commentator left. Also you cannot tellme when it's a jobber match and vince takes the reigns off, JBL is not the funnest person in wrestling. Hell he worked wrestling with a cuck into a shoot
>>
Why the fuck are MMA fighters included in a WRESTLING award program?
>>
jbl is being held back by having fucking three other people at the table, him and Mauro could be a dream team since Mauro is so fucking straight laced and well versed with jbl possible being the perfect counterpart
The raw team is possible the worse commentary team in wrestling with Cole being the dim shining star
>>
>>2323733
Because it's not only a Wrestling award program. Meltzer is a huge MMA fan has been reporting on UFC since its inception. Not surprising he decided to dedicate a space of his newsletter awards to MMA.
>>
Is JR the GOAT?
>>
>>2323690
Graves was better than JBL ever was on his first night.

>>2323550
>a couple of carryjobs from Styles & Rollins

So impressive, that totally makes up for his awful matches the rest of the year.
>>
>>2323495
>JBL higher than Maggle
Total bullshit.
>>
Mauro Memenallo sucks ass. TAW PAY SUWA SEEDA!!!! Fuck off.

Based JBL is the true voice of Smackdown.
>>
>>2324041
>calls a move
>"Fuck off"

state of /wwe/ babbies
>>
>>2323495
I love Striker
>>
>>2324041
>Calling moves what they are is memes.
So you prefer Cole saying "PLANTED" a bunch of times I suppose.
>>
>>2324051
MAMA MIA!
>>
>>2324012
I dunno, I agree with Meltzer. I think Roman held up his end on PPV all year.

WrestleMania 32 sucked but I think most people would pin that on Haitch.
>>
>>2324137

I don't mind him saying it, but the way he does it is Reddit tier and cringy as fuck.
>>
>>2324158
It's a little grating, but I think you're overstating it.
>>
>>2323502
Learn to read pal
>>
>>2324144
>Haitch had a great match with Ambrose at Roadblock

nope

>Reigns had a bunch of shit matches with Rusev in the Fall
>Reigns had a crap match with KO at Roadblock 2: The Quickening
>>
>>2324219
You're exactly the type of person Meltzer called out, sad
>>
>>2324219
Haitch wasn't trying to have a stupid epic at Roadblock.

Watch the WM32 match again, man, it's mostly long, boring fucking stretches of Haitch working Roman over and then selling like he just took a shotgun blast to the chest whenever Roman gets in any offense. There's no flow and it's because of Haitch's bad pacing, not Roman's lack of talent.

>Reigns had a bunch of shit matches with Rusev in the Fall
The matches were perfectly fine, it's the booking that dragged that feud into the shitter.
>Reigns had a crap match with KO at Roadblock 2: The Quickening
Same here. Good match, then the finish happened and made the whole thing look way shittier by comparison.
>>
>>2324399
>Watch the WM32 match again,

I'd rather not.

>those matches didn't suck, the finishes suck

I was bored of them long before the finish. The Rusev ones are particularly glaring because Reigns is too weak to do anything to Rusev except crappy strikes.
>>
>>2323495
Based Phacefucker Phillips and Cool 'Cut Corey not making the shitlist.
>>
>>2324619
Corey Graves is a good announcer and Facefucker is practically invisible on a panel with FOUR FUCKING PEOPLE on it.

Even if he were just with two people I bet Tom would be completely middle of the road.
>>
>>2324622
Tom's okay. He's not annoying, which is more than you can say for every other announcers except Graves and maybe Aries.
>>
Tom and Byron are the worst. They don't have a distinct voice, and force a needless crowd.

Seriously, why did they decide they need up to 4 (FOUR) people to commentate? 3 CAN be good (JR, King, Coach) but they have to be on par since the 3rd man is an extra either as a color guy, which is usually the case, or play-by-play.

4 is just too much. And on top of that Tom just sucks.
>>
Don't watch RAM so I'll only comment on SDL. JBL has improved since getting away from Cole. If it were just him and Mauro they would have great bants. Otunga adds a good line every now and again "NO CHIN MUSIC" and has good exclamations after a big move is hit. Tom is shit.
>>
>>2324665
>Otunga adds a good line every now and again "NO CHIN MUSIC"
I absolutely guarantee you he was fed that line.
>>
Legit surprised that Cole didn't win worst announcer. Every time he tries to call a big move or spot, he just sounds annoyed and like he wants to leave.
>>
>>2324144
idk I think that that mach would have been horrible no matter what. Similar to how Cena v Punk at motb 2011 was rated 5 star despite plenty of botches due to the story and buildup and crowd etc, this match was representative of what 90% of fans hated about modern WWE and inherently alienating. It never stood a chance.
>>
>>2325128
Hes already pretty much said he wants to stop announcing and have a backstage role because the travel is getting to him.
They are grooming b-sax to be the replacement and have the old NXT crew of saxton and graves be the new duo.
>>
>>2323495
>Striker
>bad
I want this meme to FINALLY end
>>
>>2323495
Literally half of the people on this list don't belong. They're fine.
>>
>>2325312
imo find Renee a spot when Cole goes backstage.
>>
>>2325275
Yeah the stakes and the booking and the actual story around the match and the crowd's hatred of it was always gonna drag it down. The match itself still sucked the fantastic though because of the pacing.

Even if I hate the story of Owens vs. Reigns top to bottom, their match at the Rumble was still incredible and that means something.
>>
>>2323670
wow there are people who actually defend Otunga also fuck that list Vamp is amazing on commentary
>>
>>2323495

Otunga is meh, but Josh Matthews Is hands down the worst announcer I've ever had to bare witness to on television. Absolute cringe m8. But Byrons a cuck, who even cares about him?
>>
>>2325423

Vampiro would be a good announcer back in the Attitude Era, these days he's cringey and uncomfortable as fuck to watch on commentary. At least Striker has the excuse of being a wrestling fanboy for why his commentary dips into shit some of the time.
>>
>>2323495
Can we stop putting over Alvarez?

He is a far better host and all than basically everyone he works with, including Dave, but when it comes to actually making statements about wrestling, he's nowhere near Big Dick Dave.
>>
File: big dave.jpg (40KB, 373x628px) Image search: [Google]
big dave.jpg
40KB, 373x628px
>>2326786
I now want a solo dave show
*shuffles papers*
*coughs*

y-yknow plans change....
>>
File: bsaxnewbroad.jpg (77KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bsaxnewbroad.jpg
77KB, 640x640px
>>2325447
>who even cares about him?
summer for one.
>>
>>2326817
DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW
>>
>JBL
"your right dave", "9.99", *Stares at camera miserable, looks like he'd lost the link to bigmuscleywomen.ru*

>Josh Matthews
You can improve but people can still not like/warm up to you.
>>
File: jbl.jpg (100KB, 1022x875px) Image search: [Google]
jbl.jpg
100KB, 1022x875px
>>2326827
>"your right dave", "9.99", *Stares at camera miserable, looks like he'd lost the link to bigmuscleywomen.ru*
>>
>>2324185
You should first. Mauro won best announcer.
>>
>>2323509
It's ridiculous. He's certainly not overrated. If anything, he's overexposed, and he's not even really overexposed anymore!
>>
File: disgusted-man.jpg (205KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-man.jpg
205KB, 2000x1000px
>>2326832
>mfw i googled this out of curiousity
Seriously, JBL, what the fuck?
>>
>>2323495

I stopped watching RAW cause of Corey Graves' cringe references.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.