[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the attitude era was only successful because of Rock and Austin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 1280x720-eMS.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-eMS.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
the attitude era was only successful because of Rock and Austin

both were once in a lifetime talents and they came along at the same time
>>
>>2310621
Rock had little to do with it. Austin was a paradigm shift, same with NWO, which helped fuel WWF as much as it fueled WCW.
>>
>>2310628
this

if the nWo angle didn't happen, both companies would have continued getting 2.0-2.2 ratings and kept declining. The nWo angle forced a change in content from WWF, even if it took them a year to do so
>>
>>2310631
WWF was doing terrible before Nash and Hall left

even without the NWO Vince had to change things eventually
>>
>>2310637
They were getting around the same ratings and WWF was still doing better on average with PPVS. If Vince wasn't forced to change with the nWo, they could have just rode the sinking ship for much longer. Look at the vast difference in quality from 1996-1997, that wouldn't have happened without the NWO.
>>
way to state the obvious OP you fucking troglodyte, also the booking way better too but that's also obvious. xd guys the attitude era was a draw amirite? yes. yes it was. we get it
>>
>>2310642
fuck off back to wew
>>
>>2310637
Vince is very stubborn and would have kept trying with his boytoy hbk and the other no draws until it either worked or they went out of business. Wouldn't be the first time
>>
NWOwolfcuck is up early today

trying to convince people that the NWO was responsible for Austins success
>>
>>2310663
>Austin was a paradigm shift, same with NWO
>same

Can you read properly? Nobody has said anything about Austin, just Rock
>>
>>2310663
no not Stone Colds success, he was going to be a star regardless.
>>
Attitude Era understood the value of an undercard by making the whole show worthwhile instead of just the main events.

For example: its tag scene exploded at the turn of the millennium.

>>2310631
WCW actually was rising even before the nWo.

The house shows headlined by Savage vs. Flair drew extremely well.
>>
>>2310682
their ppv business was still pathetic though, Starrcade 1995 drew 75,000 buys. 1996 drew 345k, year after that 700k.
>>
>>2310688
Look at the card for Starrcade 1995 and the day it took place on.
>>
>>2310682
>at the turn of the millennium.
>zero competition and not the attitude era anymore and not even the golden age

Don't care, kill yourself
>>
>>2310688
Starrcade 95 took place on a Wednesday.
>>
>>2310707
>>2310719
forgot it took place on a wednesday, you are right
>>
>>2310711
>WWF 2000 wasn't Attitude

18+
>>
>>2310725
Only 18+ know The Attitude Era ended in 2000.
>>
>>2310732
That would mean parts of 2000 WERE Attitude Era dipshit.

>WrestleMania X-Seven wasn't Attitude
>>
>>2310744
It wasn't, because WCW was gone, the glory days were over, it wasn't Attitude Era and it was on it's way downhill. Grow up faggot, sorry you weren't around back then, i'm just telling you how it is.
>>
>>2310750
>WCW was gone
>2000

?????
>>
>>2310621
Yeah it was really lucky, if you get some perspective its actually amazing they survived considering how wcw basically talent raided the ever living shit of them.
>>
>>2310732
The Official end of the Attitude Era was Wrestlemania X7. Just so you know. It's widely accepted and correct
>>
>>2310771
>official
>literally meaning anything

like I said, kill yourself
>>
>>2310750
>WCW was gone in 2000

kek please be ironically shitposting
>>
>>2310798
Guess what: I'm a woman

I've been using 4chan for 8 years now. I'm an MIS and Marketing major, top of my class. I have an IQ of 146. I'm only a sophomore and have had 7 internships. I'm a member of the MENSA society. I'm voted Trump. I'm not a feminist, however, I'm probably more intelligent than most of you in this thread.

Wether you like it or not, females are comperable. I'm not here to steal your money. I'll probably make more than you. I'm not going to make you a sandwhich, I'll have my personal chef do it. The ironic thing is my father married for looks and I'm actually attractive as well. Cocky? Yes. Ashamed? No.

I won't show you my tits, I'll be your CEO one day.
>>
>>2310771
AE ended when they stopped branding it as such, which coincided with the name change of the company to World Wrestling Entertainment.

Ergo it ended in 2002.
>>
>>2310787
You'd never spoke to me before. I was agreeing with the other guy. WMX7 is regarded as the end. Go bathe with a toaster pal. It'll be the first thing you ever get correct in your life.
>>
>>2310802
tits or gtfo carter
>>
>>2310802
Here's a (you) now shoo-shoo
>>
>>2310826
People accept WM as the wnd because by the very next night on Raw everything was different.

>Austin was now heel
>The Rock was leaving to film a movie
>The Monday Night wars were over
>The terrible invasion storyline begun

Everything that made Attitude special had ended at WM17. There's never been such a clear cut change and quick in attitude, at the risk of a shitty pun.
>>
>>2310826
When did they start branding it as "Attitude" anyway? Sometime in 1997?
>>
>>2310847
I thought InVasion didn't start proper for a couple of months after that.
>>
>>2310851
If you want to be really pedantic it actually started even before WM17, when Shane told his dad that he had bought WCW
>>
Truly red pilled fans understand that the Ruthless Aggresion era was superior to the Attitude era. Wrestlemania XX was better than ANY Attitude era WM.
>>
>>2310849
They promoted WWF Attitude from 1998 to 2002.
>>
File: 12390490342.jpg (10KB, 317x277px) Image search: [Google]
12390490342.jpg
10KB, 317x277px
>>2310876
Only Smackdown.

Paul Heyman's Smackdown is the best WWE has been and the best the WWE will ever be.
>>
>>2310863
I think "proper" is the keyword there, didn't WCW guys only start doing run-ins in like June?
>>
>>2310878
This. Best weekly shows they've ever put out in terms of BOTH quality and entertainment.
>>
>>2310896
I might be wrong but late May I think. Earliest I remember was Lance Storm hittng Perry Saturn with a super kick during a run in on Raw.
Although technically they showed "Shanes private box" or whatever at WM17 and I'm quite certain Booker, Storm, Awesome and maybe Jindrak and O'Haire were visible watching the show.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.