[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was he so over?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0917.png (979KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0917.png
979KB, 1200x675px
Why was he so over?
>>
>>2304537
cool movz and a cool and hip gimmick
>>
>>2304537
WWE is juggalo tier
>>
Sluts teenagers loved the trashy look of Jeff
>>
10/10 look and moveset
>>
>>2304537
fell off stuff
>>
Glorified stuntman who was willing to do insane jumps, who had a unique colorful artsy/rebel look, and who also looked and sounded young enough to appeal to teen boys and teen girls alike

Honestly, if you strip away everything I just mentioned....you get Matt Hardy. Yeah, Matt did aerial moves too, but not on Jeff's level.

Jeff Hardy is a perfect example of why Vince focuses on entertainment rather than wrestling. People remember the Whisper In The Wind off the top of the cage to Umaga. People remember his jump onto Edge and the ladder during that MITB match. Only pro wrestling purists and basement dwellers care about so-called 5 star matches with "muh technical wrestling".
>>
>>2304622
He said it best, he sucks on the Mic to this day but hes got a great look, cool moves, and he had the GOAT theme song. I went to a Raw show in 2009 and was the biggest Hardy mark in the world, when his music hit the entire arena went fucking nuts. Its too bad about the drug abuse though
>>
>>2304622
>why Vince focuses on entertainment rather than wrestling.
>goes on to mention high spots in wrestling matches

Yeah, but WWE has never been about "muh technical wrestling" and has had 5 star matches or just below. Many so called 5 star matches has high spots like that because Meltzer loves that shit.

You're right about Jeff.
>>
File: juff.jpg (59KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
juff.jpg
59KB, 640x960px
Jeff is handsome, and had the right aesthetic that appealed to fat girls that shopped at hot topic and listened to evanescence.
Him and matt have been in the wrestling business since they were teenagers, it actually took a long time before wwe, was like "okay lets give this guy a push".

He was always shitty on the mic though
>>
>>2304537
Goth and indie music fans
>>
Hardy in 2008/9 was outselling Cena in merch, if he'd stopped doing meth and stayed with the company, he'd be a top guy.

Appealed to kids, women and men. Put him against Cena in a Mania main event and he would draw several dimes.
>>
Jeff was super over near the end of his wwe run, but then decided he liked doing drugs and not touring so he quit and joined TNA and got fat.

Matt was the janetty, but now matt came into his own with broken matt on TNA and is over with smarks and people who like meme's
>>
Jeff "based" Hardy telling it like it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6GcrIBhBWA
>>
File: jeff hardy.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
jeff hardy.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
>>2304702
>classy piano music
>referring to the GOAT Christian
>enlightenment about "the right way" and planet earth from concise jeff
>jeff's encyclopedic knowledge of pharmaceuticals displayed towards the end
>alert matt astutely giving us his input while enjoying quality food

Based as fuck.
>>
I met jeff hardy at a concert.

He was a very cool guy
>>
Same reason Rey was over
>>
>>2304537
Flippy shit

Only half joking though. Jeff had the best looking and most artistic looking spins and flips. They were choreographed incredibly well, and such a joy to watch.

At least that's what I got from Jeff.
>>
>>2304732

This.

Really the only difference between Rey and Jeff was one did more flippy shit and the other did more jumpy shit
>>
>>2304702
It's so sad. He's so obviously strung the shit out there.

A waste of good talent. Glad he eventually got off whatever shit he was on.
>>
>>2304744
>the only difference

Except Rey's size, mask, and underdog status was also part of why he was over. Rey's the masked superhero jumping around all over the place, Jeff Hardy is the crazy daredevil doing corkscrew flips off steel cages and death defying stunts. Rey's also a GOAT wrestler.
>>
File: byronsad.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
byronsad.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>2304751
>mfw an alternate universe where Jeff pulled a Benoit and took Matt with him

Enjoy some ladder kino /asp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ANV_KiB9Q
>>
>>2304754
>Except Rey's size, mask, and underdog status was also part of why he was over.

Did you forget how Undercarder put Jeff over majorly as an underdog in that ladder match? And Jeff isn't exactly a big guy either, although Rey is smaller than him
>>
>>2304651
>he sucks on the Mic

Although I agree with this......honestly Jeff Hardy's titantron promo here at 1:53 is one of my personal favorites. Not so much for his delivery/acting but for the overall atmosphere of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG_sPMr3jIg

Jeff looked so cool with the colors and the glow paint and shit, that for his fans it overshadowed his flaws on the mic and otherwise

It's like how Brock is allowed to speak and shriek despite his lacking mic skills.....the fact that he's a legit badass in the fans' eyes compensates for that
>>
>>2304744
Also one didn't know how to land a moonsault correctly and know has muta knees
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.