[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he on the "count on two hands" list of GOAT yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: AJ_Styles_bio[1].jpg (79KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
AJ_Styles_bio[1].jpg
79KB, 1200x675px
Is he on the "count on two hands" list of GOAT yet?
>>
>>2303400
>hogan
>cena
>austin
>rock

these guys have to be on there, then

>flair
>savage
>hbgay
>kurt
>bret
>'carder (?)

forgetting alot of people since im about to go to sleep. So which of those guys are you taking off to replace AJ with?
>>
>>2303415
Bret
>>
No. He's a top 50 pick. Just WWE? He hasn't been in it long enough.

>>2303415

Angle? Taker? Rock? That's a shit list.
>>
>>2303426
>Rock?

the only thing against the rock is his longevity and he accomplished more in a short time than 99.8% of wrestlers ever during that

WM30 opening segment spelled out for you who the three biggest stars ever are
>>
>>2303427

Cool, but Rock was never a great wrestler.
>>
>>2303428
neither was hogan and he's the first name on that guys list.
>>
>>2303429

I did say it was a shit list.
>>
>>2303431
yeah but you only mentioned angle/taker/rock

I don't agree with angle especially (he spent more years in tna than wwe so including him on a even a wwe only ranking is hard) and taker is debatable but if you factor everything in you can't leave the rock off.
>>
>>2303400
He's lower teens. Top ten is very hard to break into.

>>2303415
I would take Bret, Hurt, and HBK out of that list and put in Inoki, Rikidozan, and Vince McMahon.
>>
>>2303432
>you can't leave the rock off.

You definitely can. While he's one of the biggest draws of all times and charismatic, his in-ring work has never been particularly good. He shouldn't be near a GOAT discussion, but maybe he would be in the top 30-50 in a WWE list.

Angle just isn't very good and regressed as a performer after 2002. He was never a complete wrestler, even in his prime. Take could be decent later on in his career, but nowhere near top workers. I'm not a fan of those overblown Mania matches outside 26.
>>
>>2303400
1. Hulk Hogan
2. Rikidozan
3. El Santo
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
5. Antonio Inoki
6. Ric Flair
7. The Rock
8. Andre The Giant
9. Macho Man Randy Savage
10. John Cena

AJ probably does not make top 30 wrestlers who have left an impression on the cultural zeitgeist.
>>
>>2303400
No and never will be with His current mic skills. He is goat in the ring and ok promo but thats not enough to be top10.
>>
>his in-ring work has never been particularly good. He shouldn't be near a GOAT discussion

is that really what a "GOAT discussion" is though? the most common names you hear are hogan, austin, and rock. Only austin of those three was above average in ring and that was pre neck injury. All of them got over on their charisma and character and their in-ring work took a back seat.

A "GOAT" and "best worker" list would be vastly different to me. The New Generation era was full of guys who were good workers (bret, shawn, owen, bulldog) and it's regarded as the worst era and it was during the dark ages of the business
>>
>>2303442
If we're ranking on in-ring work only I would say AJ is the greatest of the current era, and is a two-hands list for ever.
>>
>>2303446
* tips

Go back to wew
>>
>>2303448
>Only austin of those three was above average in ring and that was pre neck injury

He was great after the injury. You would need to have a narrow view of "in-ring work" to consider Austin average during 2001, it's his best in ring year. Character work and connection between the wrestler/crowd are things I value and considered when talking about this.

>The New Generation era was full of guys who were good workers (bret, shawn, owen, bulldog) and it's regarded as the worst era and it was during the dark ages of the business

GOAT = best worker, it's the same to me. You made no real point here, but I get what you're saying. Great workers but they didn't draw like a Rock, Austin, or Hogan? I would rank Austin above any of them, anyway.

>>2303450

It depends. If you just count people who were hired by the WWE and don't judge their actual output in the company, AJ would be top 30. He's definitely the best the WWE has at the moment.
>>
>>2303458
>no argument
>>
>>2303467
>2001, it's his best in ring year.

To be fair, he was also working with benoit/angle/jericho quite frequently during that run. He had alot of duds before that year and after the neck injury. I wouldn't say he was carried but i think him getting a chris benoit instead of a kane or vince mcmahon benefited him more than his actual work.

>GOAT = best worker, it's the same to me

Agree to disagree, then. I don't see it that way, alot of guys on my GOAT list wouldn't make my best worker list and vice versa
>>
>>2303476

Benoit isn't a miracle worker. People need to actually look at individual performances before just saying "he had matches with so and so." Summerslam match clearly has Austin driving the match and his performance is insane in how he loses it, interacting with the crowd, timing, his intensity,. Austin was a much better worker than Angle, and I don't even like Jericho.
>>
>>2303483
>Benoit isn't a miracle worker

he got a good WM main event out of triple h
>>
Austin's character doesn't lend himself well to ground based wrestling or athleticism and acrobatics. It's almost perfect he was a punch-kick-brawler, like ''real'' moves were too lame for him.
>>
>>2303448
>good workers
>bulldog

lol good post otherwise
>>
>>2303448
nobody considers the rock the GOAT, he was barely a wrestler, his entire goal was to transition to Hollywood. He merely adopted the dark etc
>>
>>2303446
>>2303446
This list is perfect, probably I would change some names, but in a impact/pooularity ratio, It's very accurate.

And after all that guys, would be Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Piper, Angle, HHH , DDP, Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, and o lot of more legends...

AJ Styles is probably the most talented guy at the present, and he has more in-ring skills that 3/4 of all these "GOATs", but this is the "not draw a dime" era and nobody who is not a fan cares about wrestling and its stars. With an Attitude's era similar pick of popularity, AJ Styles could be easily top 5
>>
>>2303400
AJ isn't even Top 50. 18+ kiddo
>>
Dammit the reddit has already invaded
>>
He's a top 10 all time worker, but his lack of mic skills prevents him from being one of the GOATs.
>>
File: 1487205045283.jpg (28KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1487205045283.jpg
28KB, 265x265px
BIG KNIFES MANJU
>>
>>2303400
>tattooing applejack on your sides
>having applejack in your wrestling name
>even copying the applejack country accent coz you like mlp so much

styles is a sad nerd
>>
>>2304256
you definitely have to go back
>>
>>2304259
t. face that needs the safe space
>>
>>2304232
BKM draws all the rupees
>>
File: medium.png (87KB, 505x600px) Image search: [Google]
medium.png
87KB, 505x600px
>>2304256
Don't you like apples nigga
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.