[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conversations with the Big Baby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Ryback.jpg (28KB, 543x361px) Image search: [Google]
Ryback.jpg
28KB, 543x361px
>It blows my mind how in a sport which is pre determined from a company standpoint winners are paid so much more than the losers. Every single person who works for WWE from top to bottom is absolutely just as valuable as the next. The winners cannot win unless the losers go out there and agree to lose to them.

It blows my mind that in this day and age though we still adhere to this formula. Obviously things have always been this way, but does that make them right? Times have changed and our goal as humans should be to evolve and learn from our past and the past of others so we could make this world a better place. Why is it a guy who is told he is going to go out and lose and does everything he is told be paid not only less, but much less than said winner over a period of time. Every single performer for WWE sacrifices the same amount of time from home and their families and every single man or women goes out and does what they are told. Looking at this formula though losers turn into what fans like to call jobbers and their value decreases in the companies eyes and before you know it they get released. For what? For doing exactly as they are told!

Winning and losing actually matters in the wwe......this makes it all more interesting
>>
>>2291190

this guy should give half his paycheck to the womyn performers, i'm sure they are paid less because of racism................oh crickets there is a surprise
>>
He's right though
>>
>>2291209
Who are you angry at?
>>
>>2291190
The one thing I can agree with him on. If you're booked to be a jobber with little airtime, your merch sales are going to tank compared to the opposite. You should be reimbursed somehow for that
>>
>>2291220
Everyone ever. Fucking shitlords.
>>
>>2291190

He makes a good point though. If all jobbers decided to quit, then the disparity between mega stars, midcarders, and 'losers' would close very quickly. If you're built up to job to a mega star such as AJ or Cena, then you should be compensated accordingly.
>>
>>2291190
>Why can't the extras be paid as much as the main actors?
>>
>>2291234
I don't think he means literally everyone gets paid equally. More like

>Random spot on the card is Ziggler vs Miz, Miz goes over.
>Both will be paid $400,000.
>Main event is Cena vs Styles, Cena will go over.
>Both will be paid $1,000,000 for the match.

I'm pulling numbers out of my ass, but the idea is that both wrestlers in a particular match should be paid equally for the match itself.
>>
>>2291250
it's fucking retarded. In sports you play against teams who has less money and poor players, do they have to get paid the same as the best?
Do any of the wwe fans come to see Apollo Crews? Or do most people come to see BMJ or other top names? without the top names the jobbers wouldn't have a reason to be employed
>>
>>2291250
Would you say that in the James Ellsworth vs Styles matches they both should have been paid the same?

I get what your trying to say, but the top stars are paid more for a reason, because they are the ones that are drawing in viewers.
>>
File: 1483404879076.png (2MB, 762x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1483404879076.png
2MB, 762x1173px
There were some autists earlier on this board with

>Le Scripted TV show
>Winning and losing doesn't matter
>they're all paid the same Salary

idk if ryback's trying to bury the company or get it over
>>
>>2291259
>>2291260
I get the idea that draws are the ones putting asses in seats, and therefor are worth more. So yes, Styles should get more than Ellsworth, and yes, Cena should get more than Crews. But how much more for just the match? Ellsworth and Crews would have to risk injury from bumps all the same. Cena and Styles are already going to get a ton more from merch sales.
>>
>>2291274
It's hard with the WWE, because of the house shows and so on. Don't they have over 200 matches a year in average, if they had to pay everybody the same for every match, we wouldn't get matches like AJ vs Elsworth because they had to get paid the same, jobbers wouldn't job to big superstars, if they had to be paid the same for the match
>>
>>2291281
it would be jobber vs jobber and big name vs big name all the time
>>
>>2291281
Well I think the matches value would fluctuate depending on who's in it and where it's happening.

Styles vs Ellsworth on a random Smackdown for example, isn't worth as much as Styles vs Cena at the Royal Rumble. So neither Styles or Ellsworth would get a whole lot for that match.
>>
File: CeCSbO5UUAA_BH6.jpg (22KB, 281x326px) Image search: [Google]
CeCSbO5UUAA_BH6.jpg
22KB, 281x326px
>>2291190

> Conversations with the Big Baby

kek
>>
>>2291190
Isn't the pay the get proportional to the dimes they draw?
>>
>>2291190
I like when a roided up retard tries to be poetic with longass statements.

It's like he's trying to convince WWE fans that he isn't in fact retarded.
>>
>>2291190
>I didn't quit because of my salary
>complains about low salary for months on end

To think I used to like this guy
>>
>>2291233
There's different positions in almost every company, you don't work at KFC to someday become CEO.

Unless you're egotistical or hope for too much, which cryback clearly does. 9 times out of 10 your dedication isn't enough to take you to the top.

Coincidentally it's generally high testosterone males that want to have everything just like the animal world. And roided up wrestlers almost always act like that.
>>
First time I read that I believed he was right and still do.
In my opinion should be paid by a regular salary based on year in the company/experience with payments based on position on the card and merch sales, its a rough idea based on time and heat but it could work.
>>
>>2291190
He's overlooking the fact that WWE is a competition. Not in the kayfabe sense, but in the sense that each wrestler is competing with the others for the spotlight.
>>
>legit discussing this communist bullshit

You are what you're worth. Welcome to capitalism. When tyson kidd got injured nobody but reddit cared because hes a jobber. When cena gets injured the entire industry will get shaken. Should the soldiers at war be paids millions because thry risk getting hit by bullets? No becausr they are worthless from an economic standpoint.
>>
>>2291190
Jim Cornette pointed out the flaw in this argument the best - wrestling is drama similar to a movie where the stars and big names attract the money and get the big bucks. Ryback was only ever a support act at best.
>>
>>2291250
Aren't they all contracted set wages?
>>
>>2292461
That wouldn't work if you didn't have much experience etc but still drew money for the company, that's like paying Roman less than KO even though Roman draws more.

And if you are making WWE a ton but not being compensated then there's not much incentive to get over.
>>
>>2293075
Not KO, Jericho I mean.
>>
>>2293075
>roman
>draw
pick one
>>
Cryback is so stupid I don't even know where to begin deconstructing this shit.

Not every performer is valued the same, value is distributed in part by the wrestler getting over by himself, as well as company faith in them to draw money.

Who are you going to pay more, the guy who they see money in and is going over (both in kayfabe and in the hierarchy of the political landscape) or the guy doing the job. The guy doing the job contributes for sure to the match and they are compensated rightfully, but it is just FOR THE MATCH. In a bubble a match is worth not a lot, it's about the people in the match that draw crowds.

What Cryback is suggesting is a heavily unionised business where no one gets over, if they're all getting equal money there's no incentive to draw crowds or put on good matches, even being the champion is literally holding a prop at that point. The business of wrestling makes it real, the matches are a fucking work.

Cryback has gotten so worked it's insane.
>>
>>2291190
Actually wrestlers are paid just like other pro athletes are paid. Past performance + a guess on future performance. If you draw dimes and don't cross the boss you'll make money. If you can't get yourself over you were always doomed in the business.
>>
You want to work
They need employees
They are going to offer you the least amount of money possible that will keep you from going and working for their rivals.
You are going to accept an offer if it sits within your minimum value of self-worth

It's literally adult life. Ryback thought his minimum value was higher than the maximum value that wwe put him at. And, hence, he no longer works for the wwe.
>>
>>2291466
This.

"It's not about the money Hunter, I just want to be in positions to make much more money because my brand is so big. Also I want healthcare and free travel."

"Gee Ryan, sounds like it's about money"

"Fuck you Hunter! You know nothing about muh brand."
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.