[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were fans louder in the 90s than they are today? Go back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (48KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 960x640px
Why were fans louder in the 90s than they are today? Go back and watch older matches. People go crazy.
>>
It's almost like the booking responded to fan reactions back then.
>>
>>2289761
Its almost like fans responded to the level of talent in the ring
>>
Drunk alpha college students who didn't give a shit about wrestling instead of nu male smarks
>>
>>2289764
>booed Rocky Maivia outta the arena

Indeed.
>>
>>2289765
>NXT's home arena is literally a college
>>
File: IMG_1846.jpg (54KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1846.jpg
54KB, 500x330px
>draws
>has a clue
>not a nuliberal
>over
>respected by everyone
>puts over some no draw out of shape wrestler the smarks love for some reason
>doesn't take any shit
>can actually fuck you up
>draws
>will never wear a unicorn headband
>will never do a "spineroonie"
>doesn't do flippy shit
>over 6ft
>draws
>actually big
>athletic
>mexican kevin nash but a draw
>does not team with jannetys
>buried two wrestlers at a party in front of 20 people
>good move set
>actually wrestles
>can actually work and draw a crowd
>GOAT
>>
File: 13904010161.jpg (13KB, 467x359px) Image search: [Google]
13904010161.jpg
13KB, 467x359px
>>2289767
>implying debuting rocky was anywhere near as good as the rock
That's like looking at The Ringmaster getting fuck-all crowd reaction because eventually he'd become Stone Cold, you fucking mong.

If every wrestler debuted as good as they were at their peak, every new talent would get a Lesnar debut push to Neptune and back.
>>
>>2289780
all the college kids going are beta fat bearded brony types and not drunk sports fan types
>>
>>2289765
i swear this board is retarded

look at the crowd in a 90s match, several kids and women in the stand

it has nothing to do with alpha chads, you had better characters to cheer for, too.
>>
>>2289792
You got THIS mad over a 7-world quip.
>>
You have to look at the face of the company at the time, OP.

>Hogan told you that if you said your prayers and took your vitamins you could be just like him one day, a true american hero.

>The Rock after turning heel told you that the only person who mattered was yourself, and later told you he couldn't have done it without the fans

>Stone Cold told you to not let anyone push you around, to to live as you see fit

>nWo told you to do what you see fit, you aren't held down by the expectations of others

>Sting and goldberg fought for what was right

>Cena told you to work hard and fight for what you believe in, and to be respectful of everyone

Roman tells us...that he's not a bad guy? Orton kinda hears voices? Seamus rambles about something? Finn is a spooky demon man? Cesaro likes uppercutting?

Theres nobody to cheer for, you have some characters like Ray, jericho, eddie, etc who won the belt despite being smaller and what not, but theres no big character everyone can get behind
>>
>>2289839
>Cesaro
>face of the company
>>
>>2289840
Neither are the 3 guys he mentioned before him
>>
>>2289840
I didn't say he was the face. I'm stating that there isn't a guy everyone can rally behind, like a cena, a hulk, rock, stonecold, sting, goldberg.
>>
>>2289843
At least they're close to that intended role.

>>2289844
>John Cena
>guy everyone can rally behind
>>
>>2289846
Well yeah, before it got stale, but today I find myself enjoying Cena matches a lot more as compared to years ago
>>
kayfabe was more alive in the 90s. i mean - still dead, but the body was warm.
>>
>>2289849
It got stale less than ½-a-year after he won his first world title.

>>2289855
The Attitude Era began with Vince cutting a promo breaking kayfabe.

CURE FOR THE COMMON SHOW
>>
>>2289846
Finn has been on like 4 main roster shows, Orton is on the B show and Sheamus is in a tag team with Cesaro. How exactly are they close to being the face of the company? You're an idiot
>>
People went from cheering and booing with the occasional chant, to doing nothing but cringey chants and being silent the rest of the time
>>
>>2289865
Because at one time or another they were presented in that role or pushed towards it.

Cesaro's never even been close.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.