[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Vince a fucking autist or what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: WM.png (40KB, 591x313px) Image search: [Google]
WM.png
40KB, 591x313px
Is Vince a fucking autist or what?
>>
>gets mad that Braun says title shot instead of title match
>bans the usage of word "belt" when refering to titles
>controls basically everything people say out there

geez, I don't know
>>
I can see where Vince is coming from though. Anyone over 30 is automatically considered a senior citizen in society.
>>
Y'know, on the one hand, this sounds like Vince being a control freak.

On the other hand, how fucking tiresome have the roman numerals for the Super Bowl gotten?
>>
>>2282360
Dropping the Roman numerals is one thing, but not allowing people to talk about which number mania we are on is pretty autistic
>>
>>2282352
But this isn't people, this is an event, a marquee event. Having that kind of established legacy and weight to the brand adds value.
>>
>>2282366
>This, is WrestleMania
>This is the 30th annual WrestleMania
Which sounds better?
>>
Vince is a goddamned idiot. The NFL just had its 51st Super Bowl. I smiled when Goldberg said Wrestlemania 33 because you know that fag was flipping out backstage.
>>
>>2282352
Yes because people totally dont watch the Super Bowl when its logo is roman numerals. or dont watch something like the Rose Bowl when its called "the granddaddy of them all"

Vince is just a wierdo that is probably going though some sort of personal crisis cause he is old now.
>>
>>2282382
>>2282395
Ask anyone if they know what the number of the last Super Bowl was.
They won't remember and it was less than a month ago.
>>
Vince understands psychology, he does these little bitty things to influence people's reaction.
>>
>>2282333
The brand doesnt need it anymore. Every year it's the new one.

They could bring it back for 35th.

I remember when they did wm 2000 or regular numbers or mixed numbers.
>>
Perception is reality pal goddammit Bruce
>>
>>2282400
I can understand not remembering something like super bowl 33's numbers. But the last 2 were L (Although marketed as 50) and LI. Those are easy to remember. Besides that still doesnt change my point that people wont watch wrestlemania cause "its too old" just cause you can see how many there are.
>>
Vince is right. No one calls it SuperBowl 42

Theu call it SuperBowl. Even if the official name is SuperBowl 42 no one calls it that. They call it Wrestlemania
>>
>>2282388
The second imo, but it depends on the context. Adding the number adds some legitimacy
>>
Having history is bad now. That's why there's no canon consistency in the E.
>>
They only reference the SB # when it's a landmark # like SB50. I'm guessing it'll be the same thing with WM40, WM50, etc.
>>
>>2282333
He doesn't want to confuse his 13 year old audience these days
>>
I'm honestly fine with Wrestlemania Play, Wrestlemania Dallas Cowboys and Wrestlemania Sun.

Problem is next year. Wrestlemania Fleur De Lis will be two goddamn Wrestlemanias!
>>
>>2282338
This
>>
File: 1487209834793.png (777KB, 954x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487209834793.png
777KB, 954x540px
>>2282451
>Even if the official name is SuperBowl 42 no one calls it that. They call it Wrestlemania
>>
>>2282338
I know. How absurd that the owner of a business wants things done his way... Crazy... Bizarre...
>>
>>2282717
Hi Vince!
>>
Vince never made it to the 33rd Degree of the LouManati and refused to have the last few numbers mentioned. It will be back with 34.
>>
>WrestleMania Play
>WrestleMania Star
>WrestleMania Sun
>WrestleMania Fleur de Lys
>>
Reminder Vince had no idea what a burrito was even though he was eating one for days
>>
>>2282333
Reminder that Vince wants his company to die before he does
>>
>>2282717
>defending pointless micromanagement because 'hurr he owns it'
>>
Wrestlemania numbering was stupid and unnecessary. Surprised it took them this long to drop it.
>>
>>2282606
>>2282451
>>2282360

>implying

Everyone likes the Super Bowl numbers and refers to them as such. It puts the game in historical context and it makes for easy reference for a sport with seasons that span over two calendar years. It's fucking infuriating when ESPN refers to the "2016 Rose Bowl" when it was the Rose Bowl for the 2015 season and it occurred literally New Year's Day of 2016.
>>
Goldberg named the event the other week
>>
>>2282333
He's a very good businessman that's in the realms of overthinking shit.

He should know that the internet is laughing at a good 95% of his product by now.
>>
>>2282717
>best times for the company was where the wrestlers had most potential control
>suddenly his autism kicks in and forces everyone to follow a script, leading to a downward spiral that never recovered

Hmm. Makes you think.
>>
>>2282869
Not defending it -- don't put words into my mouth. Just stating that you can't be surprised that the owner of a company that captained it through it's most successful tenure still wants control when it's going through a rough patch.

>>2283401
Right. Vince McMahon can't take credit for when it was most profitable but can when it's tanking.
>>
>>2283401
>I don't like him, so when he was the boss during the successful period, it doesn't count
>but now he's the boss and it sucks, so it's all his fault!

Based Vince working you into a seethe
>>
Vince must have complete control because he has severe abandonment issues. Every time a big name wrestler has left him he goes through severe depression reminding him of the feelings he had when his dad abandoned him.

In response he has an autistic level of control over his product so he can limit the potential of a wrestler leaving him again.
>>
>>2284484
Cringe
>>
>>2282333
If by "Vince" you mean "Dave Meltzer," then yes.
>>
It doesn't really make sense not to number them to be honest. They have a network for the strict purpose of archiving their shit, and people see the number there and know what it is. It also gives the event prestige, "Wow, there have been 33 of these? This was so good, I want to watch some of the other ones".
>>
>>2282395
>Yes because people totally dont watch the Super Bowl when its logo is roman numerals.

This is a terribad argument considering the average handegg fan doesn't understand roman numerals
>>
>>2284699
/Thread
>>
Super Bowl actually got rid of the roman numerals last year for one year.

I guess Super Bowl 50 looked better than Super Bowl L.
>>
He became a bitter old man after being forced to cancel his masterpiece storyline because a mentally ill midget killed himself
>>
>>2285013
Fucking God damn kek I keked out loud
>>
>>2282333
Vince is terrified of old things.

The problem is he's thinking of WM like it's a person, getting old. It's an event, events generally grow in prestige/recognition the older they get.

WM being at 33 should be celebrated, not hidden.
>>
>>2282717
His way is fucking stupid.

Why do they have to say "local medical facility" instead of "hospital"? Why is that a priority for him?

What about the dozens of other weird words he insists everything be called instead of a more regular one people actually use?
>>
>>2282606
The logo always has the letters, though. That's the thing.
>>
>>2285486
this desu senpai
>>
>>2282333
its shoot dementia. thats why he is never on TV any more
>>
He has a point, neither the Super Bowl, the Olympics or the World Cup feel the need to remind people what is the number of their current edition
>>
>>2285494
>His way is fucking stupid.
Says you? How much experience have you had running a wrestling company? "His way" saw wrestling through its most successful time in history.

>Why do they have to say "local medical facility" instead of "hospital"? Why is that a priority for him?
Because a local medical facility includes a dentist, doctors and a hospital so it's easier just to say that. Also, it sounds cooler.

>What about the dozens of other weird words he insists everything be called instead of a more regular one people actually use?
Because that's the way he wants his company run. Seriously, you're just picking at bones for goodness' sake:
>Vince wants people to call it a title instead of a belt. Why is he so out-of-touch????
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.