[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird things you believed about wrestling when you were younger.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: urn anderson.jpg (52KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
urn anderson.jpg
52KB, 600x800px
Weird things you believed about wrestling when you were younger.
>>
I was so dead set on the fact that wrestlers had to have sung their theme tunes. it would not compute that they wouldn't, i mean, it was THEIR theme song.
>>
>>2277493
I was certain Eric Bischoff sang his song for some reason.
>>
>>2277500
Him and Triple H. I know it's Lemmy now but I thought it was him.
>>
I had a friend who thought Maven was actually The Rock, or like his little brother or something. I don't really understand why.
>>
>>2277493

This is so true. I always thought Shawn Michael's sang his theme. Kids are so stupid.
>>
>>2277467
I used to believe it was a really "real" sport.

...also Taker's spoopy powers
>>
>>2277467
When i was younger i understood to an extent that it was all scripted and stuff but i never realized how much of the actual wrestling was "fake" until i watched some documentary when i was 7 and it made me stop watching. I guess i thought the punches and stuff were actually meant to hurt when that's not really the case.
>>
That Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho were actually friends
>>
>>2277467
To this day, I don't understand why they have to fight in the ring when they could find them backstage before the show starts. Wrestlers are so dramatic.
>>
I thought Kane and Undertaker were actual brothers, and not just pretend

[spoiler]and that kane actually had a fucked up face
>>
>>2277586
This so much. Like you have big wrestling families so I never second guessed 2 7 foot tall guys were brothers but now you can just google them and find you they arent related.
>>
I thought Ultimate Warrior drank some green acid and died.

I think there were lots of rumors that he died after he left wwf in 1992. Can't remember where I got the green acid part.
>>
>>2277586
actual conversation between me and a friend

Friend: Kane and Taker are brothers right?
Me: Yeah I guess.
Friend: So does that mean Paul Bearer is their dad?
Me: I think so.
Friend: so Kanes real name is Kane Bearer?

then i just started laughing at how ridiculous Kane Bearer sounds but didn't know the real answer to his question.
>>
>>2277467
>>2277493
>>2277508
I actually started with wrestling by buying WWF No Mercy the video game. I had only seen wrestling on TV maybe once or twice, ages before that.

So I had no idea what anyone sounded like, since they didn't have voice acting, just speech bubbles. If their theme song had lyrics, I just imagined them talking in that voice instead.

Worked for Shawn Michaels' theme in the end.
>>
>>2277600
I heard that green acid thing, but about the Blue's Clues guy.
>>
>>2277467
I used to think gene snitsky was the thire brother of destruction
>>
>>2277859
Third
>>
>>2277467
That there's been 3 or 4 kanes
>>
>>2277579

The same reason boxers and fighters don't?
>>
>>2277467

I used to think wrestlers had some kind of footpedal they would use to turn their music on before making their entrances.
>>
>>2277467
I thought his name was "Iron" Anderson for the longest time.
>>
>>2277963
SEETHING
>>
I thought flair and hogan were the only wcw wrestlers that came from the wwf.

I thought sting and the ultimate warrior were the same person

I thought backstage segments were legit journalism
>>
>>2277467
Al Snow's head actually gave him strength.
>>
>>2277600
his career died
>>
Chris Benoit was a decent human being
>>
>>2277730
Also because of the low sound quality making the music muffled, I somehow misheard the lyrics of Shawn Michaels' theme as
>I think I'm cute, I know I'm betterthanyou
said really fast.
>>
I used to think that the McMahon name was pronounced something along the lines of "McMay-hon" and that they would call Vince and Shane "McMan" as a nickname.
>>
>>2277467
I started watching WWE around 2006 but had already played SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role in the PS1 years ago so I kind of remembered some guys from the game and such like The Rock or Triple H so when I started watching and saw Triple H and Shawn Michaels as DX against the McMahons, I wasn't lost and knew which guy is which.

The problem began when I started playing the Smackdown vs RAW series and I couldn't actually believe that the Chris Jericho and Christian from the PS2 game were in fact the Jericho and Christian from the PS1 game, so I just believed they were just other guys with the same name

Also believed Christian had a religious gimmick because of the name and that Undertaker was a massive faggot because he retired my then favorite wrestler Michaels
>>
Stone Cold and Goldberg were brothers.

At one point I couldn't physically tell them apart. God I miss those mark ass days.
>>
>>2278372
>they would call Vince and Shane "McMan" as a nickname
THEY BE MEKMANS AND SHIEET
not to be confused with MEGAMAN who
is Kenny Omega who is also from Canadia.
>>
I had a weird level of understanding of it being real/fake that would raise or lower depending on my interest in the match

Thought the real Kane and real Undertaker switched places or were replaced when Bikertaker was a thing and Kane started wearing less and less.
>>
>>2278372
MEEK MAHAN!
>>
>>2277660
kek

Under Taker Bearer?
>>
>>2277550
>I always thought Shawn Michael's sang his theme
He literally does.
>>
Not my thing personally but my mom was a big wrestling fan and watched from the late 70's on. For some reason she would not believe that Scott Hall and Razor Ramon were the same guy. She also would argue that AWA Hall and WCW/NWO Hall were not the same dude.
>>
File: johncena2.jpg (24KB, 414x412px)
johncena2.jpg
24KB, 414x412px
>The Basham Brothers are not twins nor are they brothers
>>
>>2277600
Papa Shango
>>
>>2277467
i thought the million dollar man was my peewee soccer coach. i was 5 and they had the same sounding voice and facial hair
>>
>>2278466
>that'sthejoke
>>
I thought Mr.Kennedy was responsible for killing Eddie Guerrero because he lost a match against him.
>>
File: Val about getting choppy choppy.png (834KB, 949x495px) Image search: [Google]
Val about getting choppy choppy.png
834KB, 949x495px
I got worked HARD by this
>>
File: hogan-and-shawn.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hogan-and-shawn.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
>>2277467
I got into wrestling way late and this was the first Hogan match I ever saw, so I thought people always sold for Hogan like Shawn did here, and thought it was awesome because it meant Hogan was legitimately kayfabe superhuman, became super disappointed when that turned out not to be the case.
>>
>>2277660
Bearer was only Kane's dad. Undertaker's mom cucked his dad with Paul and gave birth to Kane.
>>
>>2277493
Yep I for sure thought Bretdimes played the guitar and wrote his theme
>>
>>2279149
Do you mean you got upset or that the sight of small japanese men sexually torturing Val Venis arouses you?
>>
I believed ric flair was a good wrestler because everyone used to say it
>>
>>2279172
What was the story behind this? I think both guys are dirt bags of course but what made Shawn oversell like that??
>>
>>2279525
So the plan was for them to do two matches a while apart. Hogan would win the first, HBK the second.

Then shortly before the first match, Hogan threw a tantrum and said he wouldn't do a second match, and that he had to win the only one they would have.

HBK decided to voice his opinion on the matter in his own unique way.
>>
I thought Kurt Angle was a very light skinned black man.
>>
>>2277467
I believed Stone Cold had Cancer and that's why he always drank beer and shaved his head.
>>
>>2279538
Ok thanks I figured it was something like that.

Any other matches I should watch where obviously shit has gone off the rails due to backstage stuff? Would really like to see someone getting stiffed by Holly or another match where they obviously really hate each other.
>>
>>2280793
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBWEAuTYrSM

Skip to 6:50
>>
Pretty much anything involving Carder.
>>
>>2280804
sorry I meant more like WWE shit. Thx though I actually laughed at all the yelling and other chink noises.
>>
My friend told me he went to a wwf event when he was younger (he told me this story in fourth grade how much younger can you get) and he saw ketchup packets taped to the end of a baseball bat that someone hit someone else with.

We also got caught reading wrestling magazines hidden in highlights for kids. Good shit.
>>
I thought Chris Jericho and Moongoose McQueen were different people. I remember watching Jericho's video tape thing where he goes on his Moongoose McQueen persona and starts talking shit about Jericho saying he got plastic surgery to look like him because he's such a faggot fanboy. I was like 12 at the time and I believed every word of it.
>>
>>2280918
>We also got caught reading wrestling magazines hidden in highlights for kids. Good shit.
I remember reading a WOW magazine in class thinking it was harmless and my teach told me to put it away. She said she has sons who watch wrestling and she knows what that magazine is. I was confused at that time then realized later in life that it was probably because she caught her sons jacking off to the bombshells section they have in every magazine. It was a much more innocent time.
>>
>>2280935
We went to a strict Lutheran school. Like, no recess if you get a b- or below on any assignment. It wasn't quite as forgiving haha
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.