[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most Cringe Segments Of All Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 15

File: festival of cringe.jpg (51KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
festival of cringe.jpg
51KB, 640x360px
Starting with an obvious one.
>>
GTFO Bill.
>>
>>2274209
Gain height, have sex, hit the weights, take a shower, get a clue
>>
>>2274273
>>2274279
>rawtists fuming
>>
>>2274209
Any segment involving Enzo shilling fast food.
>>
The Old Day.
>>
>>2274209
that one
>>
>>2274407
Any segment involving Enzo Amore
Fixed it for you
>>
>>2274209
I liked it. It was clearly the blow off for the fans. Time for JeriGOAT to go play rock star in his band Fozzy now that Royal Rumble is over.
>>
File: image.jpg (174KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 400x225px
Not only the most cringe segment all time in wrestling, but one of the must cringe inducing segments I've ever seen on tv.
>>
>>2274917
legitimately the day wrestling died
>>
Lita & Edge having sex in the middle of the ring.
Mae young giving birth to a hand.
DX invades WCW
>>
>>2274934
I remember watching the DX """""""""invasion""""""""" live and thinking they're trying way too hard and they're not even close to being as cool as the NWO
>>
>>2274917
I found the whole "YES" shit cringeworthy.
>>
>>2274917
Agreed
>>
>>2274917
It was really fucking terrible.
>>
>>2275292

At first it was organic but then WWE forced it, only then did it become cringey.

That's what WWE does best and they'll never change.
>>
>>2274209
Has anyone got a high res pic of that actual Jeri KO painting??
>>
File: IMG_5304.png (48KB, 674x786px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5304.png
48KB, 674x786px
>>2274209
>Smackcuck assblasted by the GOAT segment
>>
File: IMG_0669.jpg (179KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.jpg
179KB, 1200x675px
Anything related to this
>>
>OP stuck in the terrible 'reality' era.
>Wants his mandrama to be dull and naturalistic and based on social media.
>Cannot understand the return of kayfabe and sophisticated wrestlekino in a post-Broken Matt age.

I'd hate to live in that world.
>>
Anything involving the Undercarder. Especially during his biker phase when he used a Limp Bizkit song as an entrance.
>>
File: fuck.png (34KB, 498x376px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
34KB, 498x376px
>>2274209
Let it be Bill you already got BTFO by Kevin
>>
>>2275646
Owens is such a shitty heel. He keeps doing shit like this making 'epic' quips on twitter and using moves that he knows will generate pops like the stunner to deliberately get himself over with the smarks.

Reminder that a true heel should be hated by everyone. Which is why HHH is the GOAT at it.
>>
>>2275532
DELET DIS
>>
>>2274209
why is my le name on le list?

le sad face :(((((((
>>
>>2274906
I'm just amazed that people around the world actually PAY to see Fozzy.

I have never heard a single song of theirs on the radio.
>>
>>2275646
>the state of Owens' banter
>>
>>2275652
>2017
>still going by the retarded face/heel thing

Because of faggots like you WWE will never be fun
>>
File: 28936593287698733.png (130KB, 256x288px) Image search: [Google]
28936593287698733.png
130KB, 256x288px
This fucking guy.
>>
>>2274209
Anything to do with the New Day
>>
>>2275652
Heels have always gotten cheered. There are certain circumstances like beating the hometown hero, but throughout wrestling the heels have always been cheered because they can basically do whatever the fuck they want and that's infinitely more entertaining than a baby face
>>
>>2275884
1+
>>
File: 20170215_153404.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170215_153404.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
Hulkamania
>>
>>2275860
this is the most alpha guy on /asp/
>>
File: the future of wrestling.jpg (630KB, 1504x1004px) Image search: [Google]
the future of wrestling.jpg
630KB, 1504x1004px
>>2274209
>>
Every Taketty entrance on every WWF/E show ever
>>
File: 1481776093742.gif (123KB, 496x279px) Image search: [Google]
1481776093742.gif
123KB, 496x279px
>>2274209
>not liking friendship the magician
>>
>>2274917
this
>>
>>2274209
>KEK IM GONA MAKE A THREAD OPPOSITE OF WHAT IS TRUE TO GET PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET TO DISAGREE WITH ME

spotted the autist
>>
>>2277293
fuming
>>
>>2277296
fuming at what?
>>
>>2275532

I legit stopped watching Smackdown cause of this "feud"
>>
>>2275662
They're really shit. The reason I stopped listening to his podcast was because he wouldn't stop shilling that shitty lights out song
>>
>>2275822

18+
>>
>>2275884
>Heels have always gotten cheered

No they haven't. This is something that only RECENTLY just started happening because of know-it-all wannabe smarks. A heel getting cheered was considered catastrophic, that's why Austin's heel run was so awful, but Hogan's NWO run is considered great.
>>
>>2275982
He made the list for a reason, fucko
>>
>>2274934
>>2274954
DX was never cool my man. Go back and watch them when it was Shawn HHH Chyna and Rick Rude, shit seems so forced and is horribly unfunny. Rick looked very uncomfortable being there too since he doesn't like edgy shit like that.
>>
>>2277318
>mark SEETHING
>>
Why was Austin's heel run in 2001 so bad?
>>
>>2277318
Austin got booed plenty

his heel turn was awful because it killed the wrestling boom and the only reason they did it was because Vince had nothing big planned for Wrestlemania that year. Hogan's is considered great because it came at the right time and refreshed his character, Austin was still over as fuck
>>
>>2277342
>Turning heel:

>"Worst call I've ever made other than refusing to job to Brock Lesnar at Atlanta. But, you know, that was my idea. Vince always likes to do something big at Wrestlemania. He didn't have anything big planned. So, me being The Rocket scientist that I am, I figured okay. You're a hot babyface, and if you turn heel, you're a hot ass heel to draw money like that. Or vice versa. By and large that is true for the most part if the time is right to turn. Well clearly the time wasn't right for me to turn

t. stone cold
>>
>>2277342
>Austin got booed plenty

No he didn't. He'd get cheered half the time. And it was the worst thing he ever did for his legacy.

Bottom line, is a heel shouldn't be cheered, yeah you can think they're cool but they shouldn't be doing stuff to get themselves over like Kevin Nowins seeks to do all the time. He's always seeking smark approval.
>>
>>2277342
Austin was still very over in 2001
It's funny he saved wrestling and destroyed it too.
Also he invented the "What?" chant so that's one reason his heel run was shit, also the fact that he buried half the roster and his character is so one dimensional.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVR-ajThXcM

JUST
>>
>>2277352
The "Austin never got heat" is one of the biggest myths in IWC history. He was cheered some times just like every other heel who beat the shit out of everyone and was entertaining. He also got a ton of heat, and Angle got huge pops in his feud with him because Austin was hated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_FNVVoH7B4#t=3m

All boos and "Rocky" chants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89D8NKwhqI4

Booed big time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s9OqGGyF7E

Booed again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-e__-7Bsig

Big pop for Angle, all boos for AustiN

Many more instances of this. His heel turn is considered a failure because it killed business and it didn't make sense. Strictly from a character sense, he was putting on great matches every time (best run of his career in WWF by far) and got the heat he needed
>>
File: 1476749608489.jpg (71KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1476749608489.jpg
71KB, 900x675px
>>2277367
>This entire segment
I kinda feel bad for Brian, but at the same time not really. Dude was a mediocre talent who only gets jobs because of his last name, dude is also a drug addict piece of shit that even Jerry disowned.
>>
>>2277373

>Oh look guise these few instances where he got booed negate his entire week in and week out run

It's literally like posting clips from when Roman got cheered for beating up Sheamus and Triple H 15 years from now, and saying he was over as a face.

You were clearly not watching at the time.

>Austin's heel run was the best run of his career in WWF

Please just shut up man. You are honestly making me cringe hard here.
>>
>>2277373
This was Austin's best run wrestling wise but the money wasn't coming in and soon after Survivor Series 2001 he just looked tired and drained.

And then he took his ball and went home after Hogan worked him into a shoot and and when he was demoted to the midcard.
>>
>>2277318
Stone colds heel turn ended the wrestling boom and people just stopped watching wwe and moved to something else. Four years of Austin feuding with Vince and the "payoff" was them shaking hands. The first ppv after his heel turn lost 300k buys from the previous year, thats why it was a failure

He got booed by the people who stuck around
>>
>>2274407
He's not even shilling it now. Now he wants to fuck fast food. He literally wants to have sex with fried chicken.
>>
>>2277389
>He got booed by the people who stuck around

No he didn't. He quit, came back as a huge face, put over The Rock, retired, then came back as a commissioner who got cheered all the time.

I knew this board was underage, but not to this extent. Damn.
>>
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30637272
>なんで私の名前がこれに・・・
>>
>>2277383
>few instances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tp3fDCc3PQ#t=5m55

huge boos again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRA5fNlDqgw

booed the whole segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOHqPIX5qeI#t=1m25

Booed and asshole chants

Seems like you were the one that wasn't watching and just went by the "Austin couldn't get heat" revisionist history

>Please just shut up man. You are honestly making me cringe hard here.

If you actually read the post you'd know I was talking about his matches. In 2001 he was having amazing matches with Angle/Benoit/Jericho as a heel, some times two four star matches in the same week on RAW and Smackdown
>>
>>2277389
That's a good point, Vince and Austin both went through hell and back trying to one up each other only to become friends? It wasn't even like it was clever or shocking, just confusing. They obviously panicked when they turned Austin face again shortly after only to turn him heel again and join the alliance and for Vince to be face and make it all about his family because fuck it why not?
>>
>>2277406
Wow so he got cheered when he was a face again? Thanks for that information

People just stopped watching when he turned heel. Buyrates, ratings, everything fell off a cliff and people turned it off. The people that didn't leave booed him, I'd say out of every 10 times he came out he got booed 8 times and cheered twice. And like the other guy said Angle was over as fuck in his feud with him, nobody was cheering Stone Cold over Angle
>>
>>2277426
Yep it was stupid, you just felt like you wasted your time watching Austin vs McMahon all this time and then finding out it was a ruse
>>
>>2277373
>>2277383
>>2277418
blown back
>>
>>2277418

I literally explained to you how what you're doing is fallaciously dumb. Should I post clips of Roman Reigns getting cheered to prove you wrong now?

The man himself has admitted the heel turn was a mistake cause it didn't get the desired results from THE CROWD.

>His matches

Who gives a damn about matches? His character was what was a draw. This is why wrestling is going down the drain. Modern day smarks care more about Meltzer-tier ratings to matches instead of an actual character that makes sense.

>>2277435

Angle was OVER because people LOVED him. Not cause they HATED Stone Cold.

> I'd say out of every 10 times he came out he got booed 8 times and cheered twice.

110% wrong.
>>
Angle was so over at SummerSlam 2001, too bad they turned him heel and had him on the alliance only to kill his momentum. Was 2001 the biggest clusterfuck of a year in WWF history? I'd say so.
>>
>>2277446
Reigns has gotten less cheers than Austin got booed during that run outside of very rare instances like when he won the belt and they chanted "you deserve it". The rest of the time, he got at best mixed reactions and at worst all booed. After Wrestlemania 17, you never heard all cheers for Austin winning a match like you heard all boos for Reigns when he won the rumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5YRNbelm5U

booed again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8vvGrRNc7c

Crowd is clearly behind Taker, big pop when he hits a fucking big boot on him and then huge boos when HHH and Austin team up to attack him and Kane

And who knows what the house show reception was like? Maybe he was cheered there, he got booed a shit ton of times on TV

>Who gives a damn about matches?

I do because alot of the best matches of his career took place in 2001. From an on-screen perspective he got booed most of the time and put on great matches, very entertaining run. From a business perspective it was a huge failure and killed the wrestling boom
>>
>>2277446
Seeing as i've seen about 10 links to stone cold getting booed out of the building in this thread and 0 to where the people cheer him as a heel, I'd say they hated him
>>
Which moment undertaker moment in 2001 was funnier
>Burying DDP because he wouldn't shake his hand
Or
>Putting on worst worked match with Kronik and forcing Brian Adams on the fans once again

Also Buff Bagwells one week run with the WWF is legendary.
>>
>>2277448
Yup horrible, and the biggest missed opportunity in wwe history

goldberg vs austin alone would have silenced any concerns about "spending too much money" to get wcw top stars to show up
>>
>>2277464
>Reigns has gotten less cheers than Austin got booed

Lol wrong. There are many instances of Roman getting cheered that smarks don't like to acknowledge. He got cheered pretty loudly in Philly as well.

You can just stop posting links cause it's painfully obvious you weren't watching weekly. His heel run was so awful they latched him together with HHH to try and siphon the boos from him. His heel run was so bad they made him beat up JR just to get heat. His heel run was so bad they had to change his theme music...TWICE. His heel run was TERRIBLE and he has already admitted it SEVERAL times.

Here's a clip of Roman getting cheered:

https://youtu.be/-TsUO3Iip08?t=213

>>2277474

You don't know what getting booed out of the building means.
>>
2002 was just as bad as 2001 in terms of booking and politics, I will never understand why they got rid of the lightheavy weight, European, hardcore, and intercontinental titles in the span of 3 months. Especially the IC title since the reign of terror had just begun and if you weren't in a tag team then you were fucked as a midcarder, same with smackdown if you weren't a cruiserweight then you were just stuck going nowhere I and the fact they broke up all the tag teams and both shows were getting real desperate for ratings.
>>
>>2277498
He got the you deserve it chants when he won it in Philly, that's what I was talking about

>they latched him with HHH

Austins idea, he asked for HHH to get more heat.

>beat up JR just to get heat

But he got booed plenty of other times before and after that like I posted

>theme music

Yes that was shit

He admitted it was terrible because there was no reason to do it and it killed business. It wasn't a success from a financial point of view, that's why it was a failure. He got booed a shitload of times and the people he faced outside of shitters like Spike Dudley were cheered way more than he was

And you mean the segment that everyone was praising and thought this would be a new direction for Reigns? Yes I remember that and it was great. Then at the very next PPV he was booed the whole time and HHH got a big pop for eliminating him
>>
>>2277498
>>Reigns has gotten less cheers than Austin got booed

>Lol wrong.

And to refute him, you posted 1 (one) instance of Reigns getting cheers the volume of which are dwarfed by the majority of the 10-or-so instances he posted of Austin getting boo'd.
I haven't seen someone get BTFO this hard in a while.
How do you feel?
Coping okay?
>>
>>2277498
You mean to tell me that segment with jericho on RAW he wasn't getting booed out of the building?

There's quite a few links now to Austin getting booed as a heel and zero (0) of him getting cheered. I'd say the burden of proof falls on you
>>
When I go back and watch wrestling from July 2001-April 2002 it feels like such a crapshoot and kinda like a fever dream, things just happening at random and just so much shit happening and things getting dropped and so many stories and shoots about all the backstage shit happening and all the injuries and general randomness. All I have to say is purchasing WCW but not keeping it alive was a mistake. I know they tried for that one raw but that was a disaster.
>>
>>2277515
>>2277512

> you posted 1 (one) instance of Reigns getting cheers

I don't have time to troll youtube for clips just to win a stupid internet argument that would be fallacious.

Reigns has been cheered a lot of times. When he was in the shield, when he won the tag titles with Seth, when he beat big show, when he beat bray, when he won the survivor series, when he was in the final 2 with batista, when he attacked triple h, when he beat sheamus, when he beat Vince, when he confronted Rusev last year and lots other instances, I don't need to post all these clips just to prove some fallacious moron wrong. I wouldn't post these clips in 2030 to try and convince another underage mark that Roman was over, which is exactly what you're trying to do posting instances Austin was booed to prove that he was a good heel. He wasn't.

I never denied that Austin got booed I simply said that his heel run was a disaster cause he'd get cheered half the time. It's literally in this very thread if you can muster up the IQ to read properly.

>I haven't seen someone get BTFO this hard

Oh look it's a teenager, why even bother responding retard?
>>
>>2277527
>Reigns has been cheered a lot of times
>When he was in the shield

Stopped reading right there, why is that relevant to him getting majority booed during his mega push as "the guy"? It's like me posting Rocky Maivia getting Rocky Sucks chants to prove he wasn't over as a face

>cause he'd get cheered half the time

But he wasn't, he was booed every single PPV after WM17 outside of inVasion uniil the endand Vengeance when he was a face

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3clx9e

25:38 he hits Taker with a chair and gets booed big

The funny thing is I haven't even posted Unforgiven 2001 because I gave him the benefit of the doubt because it was Angles home town.
>>
To the people arguing over Reigns and Austin,
Steve never put anyone over clean once in his run.
>>
>>2277527
>still zero (0) instances of Austin getting cheered as a heel

kek
>>
>>2277534
he tapped out to Angle and made himself look like a bitch in their feud, even started crying when Angle kidnapped him
>>
>>2277540
>Austins acting when he isn't just surly or angry
Holy shit he's terrible. No range at all, no wonder his promos were shit at that time, no wonder Hollywood rejected him and now he's doing videos for BuzzFeed drinking martinis like a neutered little puppy.
>>
>>2277533

>Stopped reading there

Maybe if you read on, you'd see instances of him being cheered as a singles competitor but unfortunately you're too intellectually defunct to do that even.

Still can't understand why your clips are fallacious.

Still can't understand why what you're saying is dumb.

>>2277535

>Even with the terrible theme he still gets a bigger pop than everyone on the current roster put together
>Attacks Lita and still gets cheered
>Hangs out with Gaytch, still gets cheered
>Beat up JR, still gets cheered
>Underage Smarks 15 years later: Hurr durr actually he was such a good heel who got lots of heat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aJuYsm3OgY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnvnS7abIJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgvWYcCFo8o
>>
>arguing this much over fake fighting
Y'all some virgin ass nerds lmao
>>
>>2277535

More clips:

https://youtu.be/gzTM3ZRZLOc?t=168

https://youtu.be/nE2i8qrfMQc?list=PLD1W7uHNHTlPnX5KM7GuuIdMVxoTjI8FT&t=17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vlm4LIi9nQ&index=9&list=PLD1W7uHNHTlPnX5KM7GuuIdMVxoTjI8FT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaiCYfECee0&index=21&list=PLD1W7uHNHTlPnX5KM7GuuIdMVxoTjI8FT

Could do this all night, but you still wouldn't get it through your thick skull.
>>
>>2277558
>singles competitor

Again, why is that relevant? There was no issue with Reigns getting booed big time before he started getting the mega push. I just read and you posted four times (two from the same match) when he was cheered. Four times in two years. Austin got booed more times than that in a month. The fact that you put him and Batista there when it was literally a "anyone but him" reaction in response to Dave winning the rumble is funny

>fallacious

12 instances of him getting booed and every PPV outside of the ones he was cheered is fallacious? Come on now

>first video

Women screaming and then he gets booed as he walks down the ramp, don't know how thats a "pop"

>2

You hear boos every time he gets on the turnbuckle, again how is that an "amazing" pop?

>3

Big pop, no doubt

like I said here >>2277373 " cheered some times just like every other heel who beat the shit out of everyone and was entertaining". He got booed more times than he was cheered during that run
>>
To the Austin Vs Reigns fags quit derailing the fucking thread!
>>
>>2277573
>first video

Again, shitter like Spike Dudley couldn't get cheered. No surprise

>2

Did you even watch your own video? As soon as his music ends hes getting booed, zero cheers

>3 and 4

He was a face both times, are you just posting random videos from 2001?
>>
>>2277558
thanks for finally posting some links m8, although how is the first one him getting cheered? If anything it was boos

>>2277573
kek the last two videos he was a babyface, you even see HHH going crazy at the end when Stone Cold wins because they were feuding

Are you ok?
>>
>>2277576

I'm gonna tap out of this one, cause you're either playing a long troll or you're just plain stupid with your autistic nitpicking.

>i-i-it doesn't count
>-i-it's just wymyn
>actually if you pay attention at 1:56 you can hear someone booing

Typical underage smark arguments.

>austin getting cheered was a big misconception guise i read it on /wooo/ and got all caught up with the wwe network

Back to meme'ing cause I've stopped taking you seriously:

18+
>>
File: 1474702335078.jpg (63KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474702335078.jpg
63KB, 960x720px
>mfw reading Cornette's booking for what he would have done for the invasion and WrestleMania X8
>>
>>2277590
You literally posted some videos when he was a face to try and "prove" he was cheered as a heel. It seems like you're the one who wasn't watching.

You likely just searched "stone cold pop 2001" and posted videos without even checking what you were watching.
>>
>>2277596

No I posted videos cause you kept whining and crying that I couldn't prove it cause you're the underage wannabe smark.

It was embarrassing how much he'd get cheered during the invasion angle despite being their leader. You do know what that was right?
>>
>>2277598
You posted videos of him getting cheered as a face to show how he was booed the majority of the time as a heel? That makes sense to me

Literally only one video there where he got a huge pop as a heel compared to the shitload of times I posted where he got all boos.
>>
>>2277598
>No I posted videos cause you kept whining and crying that I couldn't prove it cause you're the underage wannabe smark.

so in response to this you gave him videos of stone cold as a babyface? kekekekek, you even see triple h going crazy on the apron because austin won and they were feuding

And the one against jericho was in december and he turned face again after survivor series.
>>
Pretty much everything about WWF from 1995 to 1997 is hard to watch.
>>
>>2274917
Agreed
Worst thing I've ever seen on tv
>>
Anyone else remember the Stardust/Goldust feud from early 2015? It bombed so hard that they had to drop it soon after.
>>
>>2277605
>compared to the shitload of times I posted where he got all boos.

Man you are thick in the head. You STILL don't get it.

>>2277609

Wipe the cheetos from your eyes, more than half of those are after WM 17. We were talking about Stone Cold in general in 2001. How old are you even? Don't lie.
>>
>>2274928
>>2275253
>>2275289
>>2275292
>>2277288
>>2277615

>Too dumb to know what synergy is
>>
>>2277620
>You STILL don't get it.

Yes I do, you fell for the "Austin couldn't get heat" myth and then when asked to back it up you posted two videos of him as a face, 2 videos where he got a mixed reaction, one against fucking Spike Dudley and then one where he got a big pop. Not looking good

>We were talking about Stone Cold in general in 2001

what? This whole thing was about him getting alot more boos than cheers as a heel, nothing about when he was a face
>>
Just to change the subject what was the cringier thing TNA has ever done?
To me, I always think of all the faction bullshit in 2010-2011 with Hogan and Flair or Clair Lynch or aces and eights.
>>
>>2277634
AJ'S cheating wife
>>
>>2277620
>We were talking about Stone Cold in general in 2001.

Fuck no you guys weren't. It started off when you said Austin failed as a heel because he only got booed half the time and the other anon called you out and said it was more than that and posted examples. You posting videos of him as a babyface to try and prove he got cheered "half the time as a heel" is the first time that was even brought up

And I'm 27 and I stopped watching wrestling until WM26 when I heard it was Shawn Michaels last match when Austin turned heel the second time at he invasion ppv.
>>
>>2277639
wow so hbgay is a draw after all?
>>
>>2277625
have sex
>>
>>2277655
I didn't buy the PPV so no
>>
>>2277635
Tbh there's way too many options to choose from, TNA in general is such a weird company that you can't really pinpoint which moment was worse. Alot of their early NWATNA stuff is also very weird, when Russo was the head writer and Jeff Jarrett was the only wrestler allowed to look strong. Then there was the Cornette era where it was taken I a more serious direction but it still had all the carny bullshit you expect from Corny. And then you have the Bischoff Hogan era where it just turned into WCW junior when they tried to compete with raw and had to deal with even more political bullshit behind the scenes. And after that is post Hogan where cancellation was looking over their heads and they were desperate to get ratings, so they put the belt on EC3 and lose more ratings and get the belt demoted to Indy status. Then they get cancelled and are on DA for a year, now they have to deal with a more strict TV company and Dixie gets them kicked off inadvertantly and all their wrestlers start leaving. And now they have Broken Matt turning up the wackiness to 11 and now they're on a Canada based station and their logo is now an owl.

Take your pick!
>>
>>2277632
>you fell for the "Austin couldn't get heat" myth

It's official. You literally CAN'T read. You're incapable of reading words on a screen and comprehending what they mean. Most likely cause a) You're most likely still in high-school/college b) You're actually dumb

> getting alot more boos than cheers

This is why it sucks when you're DEBATING someone who can't READ.

What part of "getting cheered half the time" implies I said he never got booed? The entire exchange started cause I said heels should never get cheered, Austin used to get cheered, and that was part of the reason he was such an awful heel. That's literally all I was saying, until you started posting videos of him getting booed as if I ever denied that he never got booed, he did, but he also got wildly cheered.

This entire argument is also nullified by the fact that he himself has admitted the heel run was pathetic, but also on the sheer fact that it only lasted 6 months and it's unanimously agreed by people who were watching at the time (you not included) that it was terrible mostly cause of how hard they tried to make him hated but failed.
>>
>>2277662

>Being dumb

Seek an education
>>
>>2277666
>also got wildly cheered.

He didn't, and that's the part we're debating about. I backed my stance up by posting a ton of videos when he was booed and for yours you literally posted two videos of when he was a face. Again, he was booed at every single PPV when he was a heel, and booed every time against an opponent that wasn't Spike Dudley or some jobber. One of the first things I said was that he got cheered some times as a heel, but he got booed far more

>This entire argument is also nullified by the fact that he himself has admitted the heel run was pathetic

Because he probably feels like he single-handedly killed the boom and how hot business was because of his idea of turning heel. I never once denied that it was a good heel run in terms of business, it was a failure in that way. A ton of people simply just stopped watching after 17, as evidenced by the first PPV after losing 300k buys from 2000 (which he was booed at, by the way). They didn't stay around and keep cheering him. On screen? It wasn't a 50% booed and 50% cheered heel run, he was booed more.
>>
>>2277666
Sorry man I'm still with the other anon. You acted like the videos he was posting were just anomalies and weren't the norm but then he kept going. I was 11 during that run so I don't remember it much but I stopped watching after he turned heel the second time so that gives more to the "people just turned off the tv" theory. Rewatching those segments it seems like he got booed more times than he was cheered as a face

A better stance would be "the heel turn didn't work because of how much he was cheered the literal second he turned babyface" again like you were trying to say by talking about Austin overall in 2001. But strictly during his heel turn, it looks like he was booed more
>>
Whenever Jim Cornette voiced an opinion.
>>
>>2277690
Cornette is pretty out of touch and full of himself but that's what it funny when he gets BTFO. I'd say he's just as bad as Russo in terms of being a slime ball and a miserable prick.
>>
Russo may have been a magazine writer but he drew dimes and generated a buzz in such a short amount of time. Cornette couldn't do any of that in a span of 40 years, and ever notice how Jim always takes credit for an angle or how his favorite matches always involve him in a big way?
>>
>>2277690
This
>>
>>2277688

His heel run was a disaster is what I'm saying. They did a lot of things to make people hate him and it just never stuck. They were for the most part trying to drown out the cheers, the same way they're trying to drown out the boos for Roman now.
>>
File: 1476561407614.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1476561407614.gif
3MB, 200x150px
The entire Kane/Undertaker story is just retarded and confusing now that you look back at it. Also Ministry Undertaker is the most tryhard and edgy gimmick of the Attitude Era.
>>
Anytime wrestlers are portrayed as something other than wrestlers like WWE Immortals where someone like Sheamus is a Viking or Roman is an actual Roman soldier is just embarrassing.
>>
File: hhh-1782967.jpg (34KB, 456x200px) Image search: [Google]
hhh-1782967.jpg
34KB, 456x200px
>>2277750
>Most Cringe Segments Of All Time.

And every other wedding segment to ever take place
>>
>>2277773
Poor Test. Push when?
>>
>>2275662
I can't be the only /asp/ie that legit likes their song 'Enemy'
>>
>Most cringe segments of all time
Daniel Bryan, AJ Lee and CM Punk love triangle.
>>
>>2274917
I liked it desu
>>
>>2277318
There were Four Horsemen fans in the 1980s who would go to the shows they were on dressed up in full suits and cheering them on valiantly, despite the Horsemen being heel.s
Learn your history mark.
Cheering heels is not a recent invention of the Internet, it's been happening forever.
>>
Any original D-X and reunion shit
>>
>>2278514
It's shit like the rest
>>
File: 1455242831363.jpg (78KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
1455242831363.jpg
78KB, 640x533px
>>2277669
>if you don't like try hard attempts to be culturally relevant you're of inferior intelligence
>>
>>2275554
What year was his biker run? I was such a huge fan of it and Limp Bizcuit or whatever's music. I wanna relive the cringe
>>
>>2277383

I'm actually in the middle of rewatching the Invasion storyline. I'm in June 2001 now. Austin is a huge heel and he has been mercilessly booed or been drowned out with chants of "asshole" in every episode of Raw and Smackdown since Wrestlemania. Anyone who says Austin was being cheered during this time hasn't seen the footage in a very long time. I also thought he was cheered as a heel but rewatching this stuff has proved me wrong.
>>
>>2278872
Hi Bret!
>>
>>2274209
Anything with Ambrose
>>
>>2280767

Starts in mid 2000 until sometime in 2002 I think. It's so fucking bad. A major "highlight" of it is when Undertaker's wife is being stalked by a mysterious man who turns out to be DDP.
>>
The storyline with Spike Dudley and Molly Holly dating. The Dudleys and Hollys hate each other and tell Spike and Molly to stay away from each other. They act like a couple of teenagers and Spike spergs out about defending Molly's honor and gets his ass beat week after week by people like Kurt Angle, Big Show, and Stone Cold. His own brothers 3D him. It's so bad.
>>
>>2281479
the one with the hot dog cart with mustard and ketchup come to mind.
>>
>>2275966
underrated post
>>
>>2277367
this is some /asp/ levels of autism
>>
What is wrong with us as wrestling fans?
>>
More like Most WIN Segment of all time, OP.
>>
>>2281774
> whoopsie!
>>
Vince getting arrested trying to get roman arrested
>>
File: Randy Orton Roman Reigns.jpg (130KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Randy Orton Roman Reigns.jpg
130KB, 1080x1920px
>>2275860
alpha. controls his wife's clothing and forces her to watch wrestling. also weighs 200lb+ like a real man (source: mark reppetoe)
>>
>>2275868
This

I'mnot even racist but they've becomr annoying
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.