[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DX 2006

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Triple-H-Shawn-Michaels.jpg (21KB, 456x352px) Image search: [Google]
Triple-H-Shawn-Michaels.jpg
21KB, 456x352px
Was this the most cringeworthy "run" in wrestling? It was fucking embarrassing and made worse by the fact that they were feuding with the Spirit Squad for half of it. They also buried Rated RKOs team at Survivor Series without losing a single member, literally what was the point of this?
>>
Sell merch

draw dimes (which they did not)
>>
Fuck you, I loved them. Then again I was twelve at the time.
>>
DX Generation Part Duh are still more interesting and more charismatic than todays indie manlets and dweebs like Le swing man and yeah yeah yeah retard
>>
>>2256030
This run was basically something to keep HHH on the roster without him having to make too many commitments. His kids were really young at the time. It was also when he started to take on more of a role in booking and running things.
>>
>>2256030
I actually enjoyed the 2006 DX run more than the Original DX run
>>
>>2256030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8B0D4l4nQ
>>
>>2256030
DX in general was a cringe as fuck attempt to keep up with the NWO. no amount of revisionist history will change that
>>
>>2256030
They might have been okay if their power-level wasn't so massively high. They only ever lost on PPV once which was Rated RKO and was a very screwy finish.
They likely would have taken the tag titles at New Year's Revolution until Triple H busted his quad - I'm sure an audible was made to prevent the title change because everyone knew Triple H was fucked.
>>
Wait. They brought back DX? Lmao. They were already old enough the first time they were around.
>>
>>2256055
Blending the original DX with Triple H's DX is weird to me.
>>
To cash in on Attitude Era nostalgia. Remember, this is around the same time WWECW came around.
>>
>>2256547
Twice. They re-returned in 2009/2010 and had a tag title run.
But at least that time they had a pretty good feud with Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jr. early on.
>>
>>2256556
Best answer.

It was one big shit on one of the things that essentially MADE the Attitude era. Tarnished legacy as fuck.
>>
File: GOAT.jpg (97KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
97KB, 600x423px
>>2256040
>Retired
>Still working anti-smarks.

The GOAT really lives up to his title.
>>
>>2256528
This. If you rewatch old DX segments you'll think "holy shit, this was their answer to the nWo?"
>>
>>2256030
The 2009 run was worse
>>
>>2256030
Better than the original DX. Sold more merch, drew more dimes and had better matches.
>>
>>2257784
exactly this

>LEL LE MIDGETS IN THE GANG TOP HUE
>>
>>2256030

If you were 10-15 at that time, you fucking loved DX and you know it

Also saying they feuded with the Spirit Squad at that time isn't really true They were feuding with the McMahons. They literally put the Spirit Squad in a box with "Return to OVW" written on it.
>>
>>2256595
He didn't even mention DB you autist
>>
>>2256044
He didn't get a backstage job until 2010, and this was just something to keep him out of the title scene until he won the 2007 Rumble and beat Cena at Mania, but he tore his quad and missed it.
>>
>>2256528
>>2257050
NWO sucked shit. Hogan cut shit promos, Hall was always off of his ass on drugs, and Nash was a shitty booker.

People may have thought heel Hogan was cool but NWO kickstarted the death WCW.
>>
>>2258003
>Hogan cut shit promos

stopped reading right there, his promo at BATB and the night after got more heat than 98% of wrestlers do in their entire careers alone
>>
>>2258003
You're insane, Hollywood Hogans promos from that era aged like fine wine while the "LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER JACK DUDE! AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED BROTHER THE MULTI MILLION DOLLAR MAN IS GOING TO FEEL THE WRATH OF HULKAMANIA TONIGHT DUDE" aged like fucking milk
>>
>>2258007
This. I hate nearly everything about Hogan, but his early NWO promo's were gold.
>>
>>2258003

>nash was a shitty booker

you mean when the nwo was pretty much dead? plus it was either him or "in over my head in red tape" eric bischoff
>>
DX and Cryme Time is still funny

foshizzle !!!
>>
>>2257784
>glow sticks
>lame unfunny PG segments
>clowning JeriGOAT on a weekly basis
>teaming up with Hornswoggle

The fucking worst.
>>
>>2258003
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.