[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he a genius or just a lucky fool?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: mcmac.jpg (87KB, 869x770px) Image search: [Google]
mcmac.jpg
87KB, 869x770px
Is he a genius or just a lucky fool?
>>
He's a genius.

WCW was lucky
>>
>>2254302
Neither, he's just confident
>>
I think the word genius gets thrown around a lot. Despite how much intelligence has to go into the product behind the scenes, a true genius would probably not work in professional wrestling and would be wasting their talents if they did.
>>
He's had flashes of brilliance right up to the current era - he's prepared for the death of cable TV quite adequately with the Network.

He's not completely lost, but it's starting to look like the game has passed him by.
>>
Neither. He's smart but blinded by his ego and pride which leads him to bad decisions. No genius cuts their nose off to spite their face and he's done it multiple times.
>>
>>2254302
Too consistent to be luck, unless he's got lucky a shitload of times which doesn't happen much in wrestling.

I'd say it's genius mixed with bad luck which can't be foreseen like smarks that stream all their shit and don't pay for much despite having 2 indies darlings as the top champs (Finn being the first ever universal champ)
Vince seems to be getting his shit together now though with the likes of Goldberg and Roman bringing in viewership, regardless of the no draw meme.
>>
>>2254339
Almost forgot Cena was champ kek AJ did have a long run however. Cena as champ is also Vince getting his shit together.
>>
The best wrestling mind ever, unironically so.

He totally transformed wrestling. He took it from territory based smoky bingo halls, all the way to the mainstream billion dollar grossing Attitude Era.

He coined "sports entertainment", and for all the hate smarks give it, it motherfucking worked. Vince was the first guy to realize that it's all about stories, not wrestling.

People love to hate him, but numbers never lie. Vince McMahon is the best wrestling promoter that's ever been.
>>
>ITT Basement dwelling virgins with no jobs discuss a one time Billionaire and the mistakes he made
>>
File: images-16.jpg (5KB, 305x165px)
images-16.jpg
5KB, 305x165px
>>2254350
I don't work at 6:35pm
>>
File: 1479259962858.jpg (51KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
1479259962858.jpg
51KB, 600x586px
>>2254344
Pretty much this.
>>
>>2254344

This.

I can only hope HHH has learned enough to follow in his footsteps.
>>
Honestly he's an insane genius when it comes to wrestling

I could go on about all he's done for the business but it's rather redundant at this point. The insane part comes form him seeming to have a somewhat warped view of the real world outside of wrestling in a sense
>>
A genius for his time, but doesn't know shit about what makes a good wrestling show in 2017
>>
>>2254350

but i have both taken a shower and gotten a clue, desu.
>>
>>2254320
If anything this whole Roman Reigns experiment shall be his magnum opus once all the smarks see it cool unironically like him
>>
>>2254302
he was lucky that everyone else in the wrestling business is dumb and incompetent
>>
>>2254339
Agreed but some things definitely fell into his lap. Look at how he got Hulk Hogan for example

>Hogan is drawing huge in AWA
>20k to see him win the belt, fans getting restless
>Wins, then result is overturned
>Verne: Hey Terry I'll give you the belt if you give me some of what you make from Japan and also marry my daughter
>Hogan- That doesn't work for me brother, I'm out of here

Then Vince contacts him to be the star for his nationwide expansion and the rest is history. Who knows what would have happened if Hogan stayed in AWA. Seeing how retarded nearly every other promoter in wrestling is Vince would have still became the top dog, but it would have taken longer
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.