[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a step up from 2k16?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: wwe2k17.jpg (74KB, 648x550px) Image search: [Google]
wwe2k17.jpg
74KB, 648x550px
Is this a step up from 2k16?
>>
>45 fucking gb

I don't even feel like pirating it anymore
>>
>>2248374
Yes
>>
>>2248374
Yeah. There isn't much new mechanically aside from another submission option and more moves but the added wrestlers and candy coating bring it all together and make it feel pretty complete
>>
>>2248374
Is this shit better optimized?

Minimum specs required?

I don't want to pirate a game I can't run
>>
>>2248374
Yes
>>
>>2248456
If you aren't running slightly above minimum it'll probably be a little choppy
>>
>>2248374

get a PS2 emulator and download the old Smackdown games which are like 100x better than this new gen trash
>>
>>2248374
Way better man, i'm really enjoying this game.
>>
Yes 100%. Smoother and quicker game play alone makes it better
>>
>>2248437
What have they given as AJ Styles finishers and Signatures?
>>
Stopped buying these games until the Hulkster is back in brother

(so 2k18)
>>
>>2248582
Signatures: calf killer and firemans carry neckbreacker
Finishers: Styles clash and phenomenal forearm
>>
>>2248584
You can actually mod Hulk into the pc version, last year i got Hollywood and Red&Yellow with +15 alt attires combined.
>>
>>2248380

>having speeds slow speeds and bandwidth restrictions

Canadians should just kill themselves, this is pathetic.
>>
>>2248510
How are they better aside from nostalgia value?
>>
>>2248374
It's good in concept but awful in execution.

They removed Showcase with nothing to replace it.

Career mode is a little more immersive but you have to grind matches to get better move sets. I often found myself wrestling Bo Dallas on Superstars to 5 star matches trying to earn enough VC to upgrade.

Universe is probably the most fun mode, as always.

The creation suites are top-notch. The CAW feature is the best in series (despite them removing sliders) and entrances, victories, and entrance videos, are all solid. Create an Arena is buggy as hell though.

There are currently a ridiculous amount of game play breaking bugs on the PC version, I get around 4 crashes an hour or so, which is incredibly frustrating. The optimization is poor and the game does not play nice with Nvidia drivers. If you use an Nvidia graphics card I would hold off on purchase until the game is patched or Nvidia updates their drives.

I haven't played the console versions so I can't comment there.
>>
>>2248587
What about that Moonsault Reverse DDT?
>>
Extracting the ISO as we speak. I hope it doesn't have that shitty save corruption bug that 16 had
>>
>>2248702
great
>>
File: 2017-02-08_162613177.png (896KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-08_162613177.png
896KB, 1024x768px
>>2248772
They created a backup file so that can't happen again.
>>
>>2248374
Pirate it,plus there's a DLC unlocker.
>>
>>2248380
FPWP

Third worlder murricans (Can+US+MX) should kill yourself
>>
>>2248756
It's one of his springboard attacks
>>
>>2248914
creamapi can pirate every single dlc as long as you have files i pirated all dlcs in warhammer total war 2 days ago
>>
>>2248374

If anything it's a step down.

I only rented it, but in three days I had to find half a dozen goddamn bugs that ruined everything. And, apparently, when these idiots fix one thing, they break three others.

Do not get this game. Don't reward these retards.
>>
>>2248702

I'm not sure exactly which game he's talking about, but Smackdown vs RAW had actual angles and storylines and shit for you to goon your way through.

In those games, Eddie Guerrero sicced Undertaker on me because he had stolen Taker's urn. I stole Taker's urn out of Eddie's locker in an attempt to turn the tables, only to get my shit flipped again because Eddie had planted a fake urn and still had the real one. This all culminated in a Buried Alive match (are these even in the shitty 2K games?) that was totally fucking sweet and you could time a button press to prevent Taker from closing the lid on you and I swear we had each other in the coffin at least three times each. I ended up winning, Eddie game out to yell at Taker over his failure, I switched the urns and had Taker come out of the coffin and bury Eddie.

It was fucking sweet. And then kind of fucking awkward when Eddie died IRL a month later.

In 2K17, I fight through a bunch of repetitive feuds and just random goddamn matches against random goddamn opponents, to end up in a feud with Undertaker, where he comes out and unironically challenges me to a dance battle.

2K games SUCK.
>>
don't buy it and don't believe the steam reviews. it's pretty obvious that these kids have no idea what a good wrestling game is.
>>
As one of those people that weirdly enjoy these games, 2k17 is maybe the best one since 14.

The additions of a more open brawl outside of the ring and backstage is pretty neat. You can become dual champion in My Career. Plus it has nearly double the amount of customization options compared to last year's game.

Interested to see how they will add in the brand split stuff in this year's game.
>>
>>2249035
There was a time when wrestlers lend their voices for the game.

That shit was odd as fuck since up until then you just made up THEIR voices in your head. Some of the VA's were monotone as fuck

Great stuff
>>
Why are they selling booster packs? Is this some fucking mobile game now?
>>
File: snickers.png (13KB, 913x69px)
snickers.png
13KB, 913x69px
>there's a fucking Snickers achievement
>>
>>2249983
2k can deliver a good story mode if they actually put some effort into the game instead of copy pasting the same shit each year.
>>
>>2250125
kek
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 256x256px)
image.jpg
21KB, 256x256px
>>2250125
Fucking hell. I'm one of six people who actually like this game, but damn this snickers shit is disgusting.
>>
>>2249035
Yeah the story modes of old WWE games were based af.

My favorite one was from the original SvR were if you lost the RR you would be given a chance for the IC title by Vince.

You could accept it an go heel or you could turn it down and get into a nice vs Vince feud that felt like a classic Vince storyline.

Also those storymodes had a based heel Cena that probably fueled people desire to see him go heel.

>>2249983
It wasnt until SvR 2006 that you got full voiceovers (The original had ones except for the character you played as).
>>
Anyone else have their CAW's designs turn white during matches / entrances? Only bug I've had. I made Star Man from the NES wrestling game and his face paint keeps turning white.

Other than that the game is great
>>
>>2250125
This is the height of content marketing
>>
>>2248380
wait for a repack. Takes it down to around 20 or less.
>>
Is it possible to import my wrestlers from 2K16? I don't wanna have to remake an entire roster
>>
>>2250221
I've had some issues with parts of alt. attires defaulting to white for no apparent reason. Only with asuka's top though. Weird stuff
>>
>>2248803

>Based Ketchupman getting over with the smarks.
>>
>>2250172

>Not enjoying Better-Then-Utopia

The gold standard of WWE gaming.
>>
>start playing svr2007 season mode as RVD
>first match against Beeg
>fucking lose because I suck at controls in this game
>Benoit and Chavo come out and attack Beeg with steel pipes
>Carlito comes out and says that was cool
>my next match is against Viscera

kek
>>
>>2250125
Every fucking seat in the audience has a snickers logo on it. It's disgusting
>>
>>2250172
really need to play the old games again, i remember playing whatever the story mode was over and over but kept finding new storylines i hadn't played yet

there was one with blonde pregnant stephanie where she turns on you but that only made me want her more as an abused child
>>
>>2250791
>Manlet uprising
Did you check your email?

At some point Beeg will ask you on what side you are which branches the storyline.

>>2250921
Yes.

Really the only reason i dont care about the new games is the axed story mode and Showcase is boring af.

I have not played SvR 2006 but i will once im done with HCTP.
>>
>>2250125
It's also on the console version.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.