[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BASED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: based.png (386KB, 503x285px) Image search: [Google]
based.png
386KB, 503x285px
>>
File: Jon Stewart.jpg (209KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
Jon Stewart.jpg
209KB, 660x440px
>>2245029
>Snickers
>>
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/828804873705500672

The TEARS coming from the smarks kek
>>
These two drew more dimes combined than the whole roster put together besides Cena
>>
>>2245029
Inb4 part timers ruin the company even though they're keeping them afloat.
>>
>>2245040
>>2245041
>>2245042

OMG NO MAIN EVENT SHOULD BE BROWN STRONGMAN VS APPOLLO CREWS THEY PAID THEIR DUES
>>
>>2245042
Vince doesn't want to build new stars outside of guys like Reigns who knows he'll crash and burn in virtually any other promotion in the world at this point no matter how much more he was offered.
>>
>>2245058
They are trying to build new stars, it just seems like Roman is the only one because he gets 99% of the attention.
>>
KO vs Jericho for the title would just undermine the championship if it goes before Undertaker/Reigns and Brock/Oldberg anyway. It makes sense to have your biggest match be for the title, to raise its prestige
>>
>>2245070
They don't have the best talent to build, Jeff Jarret-esque
>>
>>2245079
>having redditcho vs oreowens close out the show
JUST
>>
>>2245042
>part timers as main event iz good cuz they darws
>part timers leave
>company goes to shit cuz you didn't create new stars

Hello WCW, you learned nothing didn't you?
>>
I feel like Roman should be in the middle. Having a mania20 rematch just feels wrong
>>
File: 523px-DanielBryan2013.jpg (43KB, 523x599px) Image search: [Google]
523px-DanielBryan2013.jpg
43KB, 523x599px
>>2245088
They always create new superstars though.
>>
>>2245088
Hello WWE Network babby, you learned nothing didn't you?

I bet you think DX on a jeep "turned the tide" for WWF
>>
>>2245099
They haven't in 3 years and they are at a point where noone is over, not even Cena is drawing much anymore.

The New Era past WM32 was about creating new stars. 1 year passed, their main event is two oldettys way past their prime? That means they are failing hard.
>>
>>2245029
Reminder that Vince wants this company to die before he does.
>>
File: Simpson_a2de40_5646490.jpg (41KB, 599x389px) Image search: [Google]
Simpson_a2de40_5646490.jpg
41KB, 599x389px
>>2245088
I'm sure you know more than a multi billion dollar company.
>>
>>2245099
WWE didn't create DB. He got over in spite of their bullshit.
>>
NJPW are probably laughing their asses off.
You guys don't realize how bad this looks from a business perspective.

Average age of WM main event 47? Just shut down the company the day after it.
>>
File: 1486047655975.gif (51KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
1486047655975.gif
51KB, 192x224px
>>2245040
>wwe actually bothers to build something
>smarks reply "we saw this coming" or "no one cares"

what do they want?
>>
>>2245123
You sure think that just because you are multibillion dollar worthy now you can't fail tomorrow.

Go see the top 100 business of 1980 and see how many are still around now (surprise, less than 20). Then come back to me and tell me how good business suits and their plans are.
>>
>>2245112
There has been a plethora of main event pushes in those 3 years with new talent. You can't guarantee success just because you built a wrestler up like memebrose.
Fact is they are trying to build new talent, it's the mid 90's syndrome, wrestling hasn't always been mainstream there's just a few spikes where they've gotten lucky with good talent.
>>
>>2245149
Its not a question of failing, sometimes it's inevitable due to circumstances out of their hands and decisions made by the wrong people, WWE doesn't have this problem because Vince has been proven to keep the business alive at times when they should've died.

Like I was pointing out in the original post if you don't have part timers there's a very good chance the new talent won't succeed and fuck up WWE's net worth, and at that point the investors have no confidence in the company.

It's a risky business.
>>
>>2245112
They created AJ Styles.

That dude graduated from NXT a year ago, they pushed him to the moon and he got super over with the crowd. I don't even know why he's so popular. Yeah, he's great in the ring and his accent is kinda funny, but he basically has no gimmick apart from "I'm phenomenal because I'm phenomenal" and then he has that motorcycle club vest/jacket thing with those Chinese letters that signify whatever the fuck. Maybe kids just like his merch? But anyway, they created him and now he's super over and they will fuck up with him just like they did with Cena and the crowd will absolutely hate Styles in 10 years time because he's "the corporate guy" or whatever.
>>
GOATs
OBESE SMARKS ON SUICIDE
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Just let it be better than this one
>>
>>2245131
I honestly have no idea, Goldberg and Lesnar actually built a consistent storyline around their feud and people complain because the ending is predictable. What do they want? Russo style shock value booking? But, to be fair, the outcome of this storyline is maybe a little too predictable.
>>
File: IMG_5903.png (171KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5903.png
171KB, 1280x1280px
>MFW my dad gets all excited about wrestling again whenever anything about Brock or Goldberg comes up
>MFW he wants them to go at it for 30 mins, back and forth before Goldberg finally goes over
>>
>>2245202
this post is ironic right? can't tell anymore from all the crap E drones spout
>>
>>2245274
>goldberg
>"going" 30 minutes
This is a guy who spontaneously starts bleeding after beginning a promo every night.
>>
So are they going to let Brock actually win?

Or swerve us by having Goldberg be undefeated? (And then feed him to Roman)
>>
>>2245278
They already did Brock VS Sizable Cocker Spaniel.

Goldberg is the new final boss that will give him the rub in due time after crushing Brock with 1 O N E spear and jackhammer in 3 mins.
>>
>>2245272
>>2245131
A good story should

A) Leave the audience wondering how it's going to end

or

B) Make the audience want to see the end, even though they can easily predict it (this is common in feel good, good beats evil, kind of stories, which have always been popular in wrestling).

The story between Goldberg and Lesnar is neither, not only is the ending predictable, the prospect of another Goldberg vs. Lesnar match is not exactly exciting. This is why these kinds of matches are better as a one-off, once the uncertainty surrounding it dissipates all you have left is a (probably) lackluster match.
>>
One day people realize Goldberg wrestles 3min match once in 6 months and all his other appearances are 90% entrance and then some crap talk. Who wants to watch that really?
>>
>>2245275
How do you mean ironic? AJ Styles is this new guy who came out of fucking nowhere, was rocketed straight to the main event and the crowd absolutely loves him. Seems odd to me since they turned on Reigns really quick.
>>
>>2245338
No one's buying your bait lad, the commentators make it a point to hammer in his past accomplishments everytime he's on screen.
>>
>>2245385
Yeah but I don't watch anything other than WWE. How the fuck am I supposed to care about what this guy achieved in some other scripted entertainment promotion that is based in Korea or Mexico? WTF?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.