[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one was more important for the success of the attitude era had?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1470295264900.jpg (26KB, 407x361px) Image search: [Google]
1470295264900.jpg
26KB, 407x361px
>>
Based Taker for threatening Shawn to drop the belt.
>>
File: outsiders.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
outsiders.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>2233895
Both were important to WWE, but the attitude era? You've got to thank these guys for that.
>>
Based Rocky cuz he finna lay the smackdown
on holly wood bald cracka ass stunna ring master
mufucka like he beat debra for that pie
and i smell what i want i bake farts like
lady blossom skirts to short go hang yourself
im like mike awesome
carters to scared of these bars
i might drop often
>>
>>2233930
>Based Rocky cuz he finna-

stop reading right there
>>
Stone Cold. Not a debate.
>>
>>2233895
Neither, it was Vince.
>>
Austin by far. Rock was a massive star as well but Austin vs McMahon turned the war with WCW around. The WWE notion that DX had any part in it is bullshit. Rock was huge but he wouldn't have had that platform without Austin.
>>
>>2233895
Exact same thread 2 days ago. I'm starting to think the thread creation playlist rumors are true
>>
>>2233904
Why do they get the credit for Shane telling Vince to rip off ECW?
>>
Austin 98-00
Rock 00-02
>>
>>2234190
But without Austin would Rock have had such a great run? I don't think Rock could connect with fans the way Stone Cold did

this was proven when the fans turned on the rock in 02
>>
>>2234132
>>2234197
this
>>
>>2234190
Nope if rock was bigger, the fans wouldn't have kept turning on him. A 90 year old hogan came back and outshone the rock.
>>
>>2234147
Because nWo were the ones that did away with standard good guys and bad guys. They made it cool to like the bad guys and they made sure they were always on top.

Because DX were the ones going out there and pushing the TV-14 rating. With constant sexual innuendoes and toilet humor bringing in their primary 18 - 35 year old male demographic.

Because Austin was the first to have an active feud with the establishment, effectively breaking down a fourth wall that had existed since the beginning of storylines.

Because The Rock... Because he... said ass a bunch of times... Yeah, the Rock wasn't very groundbreaking, but people liked him, so they always call him an innovator.
>>
>>2234190
This pretty much. Rikishi ran over Austin with a car and they were both doomed to the midcard ever since.
>>
>>2234197
>turned on The Rock

He got booed one time because it was Hogan in Canada and the other time it was because everyone in the building knew he was leaving again right after.

>>2234223
You don't understand how loved Hogan is in Canada. He got three standing ovations (one for almost ten minutes) in Canada that run in a span of two months during that run. Nobody was going to cheer anyone else except if Bret Harts theme hit

As for the OP, Austin. Austin/McMahon feud saved the company
>>
Austin connected more with fans of the product.

Rock had more mainstream success.

It was almost entirely austin that helped WWF finally get over the WCW hump. Rock was there to sustain it when Austin was off having surgeries or "taking his ball and going home".
>>
>>2237066
poor excuse, hogan was cheered the whole build up. He hit rock with a hammer and tried to kill him by crushing his ambulance and was still cheered. The go home show for that Mania was in Detroit and you hear a big pop when Hogan hits the leg drop on Rock and pins him
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (50KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
50KB, 480x360px
>>2233895
These guys were more important. WWF let their tag/midcard division get over and draw which made thier roster and show have no weakness/piss breaks, where as WCW always buried their tag/micarders, eventually WCW fans got tired of seeing the same fags at the top for 5+ years doing the same shit matches/feuds..
>>
File: (you).jpg (51KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
51KB, 448x468px
>>2237090
that's actually a very important point. unfortunately most discussion about the success or lack of in certain eras always results in the the WAS (x main eventer) A DRAW??? meme
>>
>>2237118
because Austin/Rock were unironically 95%+ of the draw for the attitude era

with them they would have done HBK/Bret record lows
>>
File: image.png (465KB, 924x579px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
465KB, 924x579px
>watching all the PPVs from 2000
>literally all the same people and factions fighting with rotating chairs of members while The Rock and Triple H play hot potatoe with the belt while the McMahons insert themselves into the main event for EVERY SINGLE PPV

Shane McMahon was in a Triple Threat for the WWF Title.
I'm really trying to pin point where it went downhill and I am really chopping it up to Austin's injury cause fuck me. This is bad.
>>
Austin was way more over. Not saying the Rock wasn't over of course.

Austin was the most over wrestler of all time.
>>
>>2234111
digits confirm.
i rushed to type this very thing but i see you've already done my job.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.