[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is the Jannetty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: 1469741742669.jpg (89KB, 650x333px) Image search: [Google]
1469741742669.jpg
89KB, 650x333px
Which one is the Jannetty?
>>
>>2231133
the rock
>>
Hogan and WCW obviously....
>>
>>2231135
in wrestling terms is definitely the Rock, he was always the second guy after Austin

and Hogan showed him who was the master at WM 18
>>
The Rock in wrestling

Austin in mainstream popularity
>>
>>2231145
>referencing post-peak pro wrestling

sad!

Hogan is still the goat tho
>>
>>2231145
>Wrestling
>Matters in any kind of shape and form in the current era

Rocky is the most successful guy here. He makes headlines when he's about to appear in WM months before the event
>>
>>2231133
Probably Hogan. No one cares about him anymore.
>>
>>2231152
By virtue of scarcity, Austin would get a lot more headlines if he were to come back. His value is probably double that of Rock. And he was always better and all his shit, frankly, has aged like wine, compared to how cringy and bad Rock's stuff looks nowadays.
>>
>>2231157
>His value is probably double that of Rock

kek The Rock is bigger than wrestling at this point. There's people who know who he is and don't have a clue that he ever used to be a wrestler. Why do you think he got a 30 minute segment at Mania just rambling about nothing and burying Rowan while Austin was shoved into a segment with Foley and Shawn? That tells you who WWE thinks of higher in the current day
>>
>>2231168
I disagree and you and everybody you know would mark harder for Austin returning than Rock coming back and you know it. Austin coming back would legitimately draw dimes.
>>
Stevetty
>>
>>2231133
Hogan is the jannetty

>Austin was/is more popular in wrestling.
>Rock is more popular in mainstream
>>
>>2231171
I'm an Austin mark, but let's face the reality here, Rocky is bigger than the whole American Wrestling industry, nobody can match him
>>
>>2231171
>everybody you know

I don't know anyone who watches wrestling in 2017 so I doubt they would "mark" for hearing that a guy who hasn't wrestled for fourteen years showed up. Meanwhile The Rock is the highest paid actor in Hollywood, the comparison between the two isn't close

Is Austin more over than Rock in terms of wrestling fans? Of course. Is Rock 10x bigger than Austin is today and still gets more publicity and headlines when he shows up to fuck around in WWE for a little? Yes
>>
>>2231179
>>2231178

You're wrong and out of touch, both of you. I wouldn't expect much else from wrestling marks, but you need to hear it anyways.
>>
>>2231183
>You're wrong and out of touch

This coming from the guy who thinks Stone Cold is even close to The Rocks level in 2017? I'll say it again, highest paid actor in Hollywood.
>>
Why are Stevetty marks so delusional? If you let them tell it, he's more well known than jesus christ and was a bigger star than michael jackson
>>
>>2231190
I'm an Austin mark, but i'm not delusional. Rock is bigger than all of them.
>>
>>2231187
Rattling off irrelevant facts is pointless and doesn't change the reality of the situation. This isn't Hollywood. Nobody cares about The Rock. Just because he makes a bunch of shit movies that nobody watches and then cameos in Fast and the Furious a couple times a decade doesn't make him popular or a draw.
>>
>>2231190
Jesus Christ and Michael Jackson coming back from the dead would also have value because, you guessed it, scarcity.

Austin would draw more than The Rock. It's a fact. If Austin had come back four times and looked like shit like the Rock, he would be devalued too. But he hasn't, and Dwayne has.
>>
>>2231195
>This isn't Hollywood
Hollywood is literally everywhere. Vince wouldn't beg Rocky to appear on every WM if he wasn't successful in Hollywood

>Just because he makes a bunch of shit movies that nobody watches
Okay. You're a retard.
>>
>>2231197
>Vince wouldn't beg Rocky to appear on every WM if he wasn't successful in Hollywood

He definitely would.
>>
>>2231195
>Just because he makes a bunch of shit movies that nobody watches

Fucking kek, why would he be the highest paid actor in Hollywood if nobody watched them? Why would WWE let him get a segment with Ronda Rousey at her peak at one Mania and then a 30 minute segment the next one while Austin got a cameo with Foley and Shawn? Vince got on his knees and begged him to come back after WM26 was a huge flop, he responded by giving them the most bought WWE PPV two years later.

>>2231196
Not the anon you responded to but why are you talking about wrestling fans? I already told you here >>2231179 that Austin is more over with Rock with that group. Here's the problem, wrestling has never been less popular and mainstream. People will turn it on once to see that bald guy who they watched as a kid, then they'll see how shit it is and stop watching. You said Austin "would get a lot more headlines". The Rock is 10x bigger than he is in the mainstream in 2017.
>>
Non wrestling fans tend to know the rock and hulk hogan but not austin here where i live
>>
>>2231200
>why would he be the highest paid actor in Hollywood if nobody watched them?

Consider this: he's not and you've been worked

> Why would WWE let him get a segment with Ronda Rousey

Because he's a vain faggot who refuses to lower himself to actual wrestling if he can help it

>while Austin got a cameo with Foley and Shawn?

Austin is a real pro rassler.

>wrestling has never been less popular and mainstream.

And Austin would bring back the 90s fans and the nostalgia junkies.
>>
>>2231209
Did Dwayne rape your grandma or something?
>>
File: 1475112108260.gif (2MB, 200x151px) Image search: [Google]
1475112108260.gif
2MB, 200x151px
in wrestling Austin was always a level above the Rock
>>
>>2231209
>Consider this: he's not and you've been worked

I can provide sources to back up my claim, can you? I don't think so

>Because he's a vain faggot who refuses to lower himself to actual wrestling if he can help it

Because he's bigger than wrestling, he doesn't need to wrestle a match to give them headlines and publicity. What does he have left to prove? He gave them the most bought PPV ever in 2012, there's nothing left him to do. By the way, he "officially" had a match at WM32. Co main-event actually

>Austin is a real pro rassler.
He didn't wrestle a match either, in fact, The Rock did at 32 and he didn't kek.

>And Austin would bring back the 90s fans and the nostalgia junkies.
Austin returned at No Way Out 2003 after being gone for almost a year and the buyrate didn't go up, this was when wrestling was infinitely more popular than it is now. If he came back, the exact thing would happen like it did with Goldberg

>Big ratings bump the first week
>Ok the next time, nothing major but a boost
>No impact

And the cycle continues, just like every other old star they brought back. The Rock being the exception as he actually moved the needle for them and was the main draw for three Manias in a row, each doing a million buys (something that 25 and 26 failed to do)
>>
>>2231215
Dude, fucking Ashton Kutcher is ''bigger than wrestling'' by your standards. LMAO
>>
>>2231213
>always

wouldn't go that far, Steve's heel turn killed him and by 2002 it was clear who was bigger
>>
>>2231220
if that was true Rock would have been offered the Hogan match before Austin
>>
>>2231220
LMAO
>>
File: X7juAs5.png (142KB, 804x638px) Image search: [Google]
X7juAs5.png
142KB, 804x638px
>>2231219
Is Ashton Kutcher the highest paid actor in hollywood? Did he give the company three Wrestlemania's in a row with a million buys, including the record?

The difference between The Rock and Ashton Kutcher and Austin is that The Rock is infinitely more mainstream relevant than they are. Take a look at number one, then number 8.
>>
>>2231221
You're right, I take that back
>>
>>2231219
>Ashton Kutcher

A once popular celebrity who is completely irrelevant today. He hasn't done anything relevant for about ten years, and while big in his prime, doesn't hold a candle to Rocky today.

Does that remind you of someone? Give me a hell yeah
>>
>>2231229
Rock hasn't done anything relevant since The Scorpion King.
>>
>>2231231
>The Scorpion King

Kek made me laugh, what a shit movie. Doom, Be cool, tooth fairy. I still don't get how he recovered from all that garbage
>>
>>2231234
He broke kayfabe in be cool and was actually just playing himself
>>
>>2231234
>I still don't get how he recovered

He didn't
>>
>>2231241
kek
>>
None of them, because they were never a tag team coming up through the ranks.

>>2231145
>and Hogan showed him who was the master at WM 18

You mean when Hogan lost?
>>
>>2231225
>clickfarms

Knock it off already.
>>
let's face the facts Rock only got offered all them hollywood roles because hes a minority
>>
>>2231265
And because wrestling was big, at the time. If he debuted tomorrow he would be doing Marine 8 and would never appear in a theatrical release.
>>
>>2231277
If Rock was coming up in this era, he'd be Smilin' Rocky Maivia, blue chip 3rd-generation babyface, pushed down everybody's throats while they boo him outta the building.
>>
>>2231265
Minorities only get roles as sidekicks. Wrestling was really popular back in the late 90s, early 2000s and Rocky could pander to every demographic group while Austin was stuck on the teen boy, adult male demographic. It's not like The Rock became a star at the first try. Already forget The Toothfairy? A lesser man would quit and go back to WWE
>>
>>2231133
Austin.

Rock got to be biggest draw in hollywood and was pretty over in wrestling.

Hogan was one of the biggest draws ever, had some successful TV shows and he BTFO Gawker and got millions out of it.

Steve is still stuck on wrestling playing a podcast.
>>
Lol at the anon in this thread saying Austin is bigger than rock today
>>
Austin.

Hogan is wrestling to most casuals. Rock is one of the most popular hollywood stars today and is above wrestling.

Ask some random non-wrestling fan if they know Austin and they won't. He's a non-entity outside of wrestling and a hunting show.
>>
Rock > Hogan >> Stone Cold Steve Autism
>>
Hogan

Stone Cold is objectively the biggest draw in wrestling history
Rock, while not as big as the other two in wrestling, is now mainstream famous

No one under the age of 30 knows who Hogan is. He's been disowned by wwe. His twitter is depressing to read. Honestly hope he doesn't end his life.
>>
>>2232856
Top kek.

Hogan was making headlines all around the world while Austin is on an autism podcast putting over "talent".
>>
>>2231133
Stone Cuck Shit Austin. His true midcarder form was revealed when GOAT Hogan returned
>>
>>2232859
>>2232854

Hollycuck marks still seething that Stone Cold wouldn't play ball with their boy.
>>
>>2231133
Dwayne Johnson
>>
The biggest stars:
>In wrestling
1. Austin
2. Hogan
3. Rock

>In mainstream media
1. Rock
2. Hogan
3. Austin
>>
>>2232876
Which by current standards means that all in all:

1- Rock
2- Hogan
4- Austin
>>
>>2232876
Hogan sent Austin packing to the midcard even when well past his prime
>>
>>2232879
>le midcard austin meme
Stone Cold refused to work with hogan so hogan had to settle for the rock. Hogan begged him even agreeing to job.

And far more importantly, they went head-to-head in the Attitude Era and Austin won. Stone Cold saved the wwf and hogan sunk wcw.
>>
>>2232878
>by current standards
By current standard le rko meme man >>>> hogan and austin
>>
>>2232884
I mean in regards to wrestling since now its on the shitter.

Austin has not made anything worth a shit in a long ass time.

Meanwhile Rock is filling up that Stallone/Arnold void and raking in cash.

At the other side Hogan trial just sinked one of the biggest clickbait conglomerates and has redefined how much "journalists" can get away with infringing personal rights.

So in the end Austin ended as the least successful ones.
>>
>>2232882
He didn't face Hogan because he was scared to get booed, his official reason is "I feel like hogan was a step or two behind me in the ring" and yet he worked with a drunk drugged up Scott hall instead

Why are you comparing hogan ten years past his peak to a prime Austin? The fact that he drew as much as he did a decade after his prime is an achievement

>b-but le meltz said Austin outdrew Hogans WWF career in a year

So did Hogan, 1998 WCW made a 58 million dollar profit which is also more than hogans WWF years combined without adjusting for inflation
>>
>>2232892
His official reason is "I feel like hogan was a step or two behind me in the ring" because he didn't want to call hogan out for the shit he pulled when Austin was in wcw.

>Why are you comparing hogan ten years past his peak to a prime Austin?
>>b-but le meltz said Austin outdrew Hogans WWF career in a year
So do you want me to compare 1998 hogan to prime Austin or WWF hogan to prime Austin? Because Stone Cold outdrew both of them. Its not even close.
>>
>>2232901
Meltzer didn't adjust for inflation

There's no argument that Austin isnt the biggest peak draw ever but hogan had 5x the longevity and drew in four promotions (WWF/e, WCW, AWA, NJPW)

I'll give you an ape hoop analogy, would you rather have your star player average 40 points a game and win five titles in five years, but then have a career ending injury or 30 points a game over the course of twenty years and winning eight titles? Longevity>peak
>>
File: asp.png (41KB, 987x573px) Image search: [Google]
asp.png
41KB, 987x573px
>>2231260
>>
>>2231133
One makes millions making movies, makes millions off lawsuits, one makes podcasts.
>>
None of them. The only 3 non-jannettys in wrestling and the sole reason we're even here
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.