[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Is WWE's Biggest Problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

There are a lot of problems but most of them, in my opinion, come from one big problem: there's too much.
>Too many hours of programing
>Too many writers trying to get their shit in to get noticed and keep their jobs
>Too many commentators trying to get their shit in and make sure they're heard rather than a smaller team just having a naturally flowing dialogue
>Too many investors and advertisers to keep happy

Wrestling is simple. It's carny bullshit. It feeds on the most basic human emotions. It's not some higher-brow televised-media entertainment vehicle. It's not a sophisticated hybrid of prime-time dramas, soap operas and sitcoms. Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn and whoever else might be trying to convince themselves that they're making a 'real television show' but they're not. They're making wrestling. Pretending that it's not wrestling isn't helping anyone, and it's definitely not going to win them that legitimacy they crave so they can convince themselves they're not in the circus anymore.
>>
WWE is great, only smarks moan

Fuck smarks and fuck Undercarder
>>
Jaded bitter fans.

Fans in the crowd who mark for everything but wrestling.

Interferences get more pops than a mid level move.
>>
There is too much of it, i know i don't need to watch it all but fs i'm a wagie
>>
>>
horrible smark fans

/thread/
>>
Pushing Roman at the expense of everyone else.
>>
>>2229457
Too much divas. Nobody wants to see them and it drives away viewers.

Too many guys that have zero character and just wrestle well. The viewer does not care how happy you are to be here or how many barriers you broke though, they want to see a charismatic individual do exciting things
>>
>>2229457
Somewhere down the line they started catering to the IWC, an Internet population boost after le pipebomb started Vince's interest in that demographic.
Now they're finding it hard to bring back the casuals and normal wrestling fans, instead we have a roster flooded with IWC favorites (mostly from the indies) like Owens and Cesaro taking the spotlight because they "DESERVE IT" to said fans.

They're trying to get back to normality though with the main event focusing on the more traditional type of wrestler, like Goldberg / Roman / Braun / Cena
>>
>>2229538
Casuals have been gone since the early 2000s, champ.
>>
>>2229554
Not only that, but everyone has a fucking internet connection in 2017. Even if they are casuals they will still speak about wrestling on social media or whatever, acting like the voice of the casuals is not heard through the internet nowadays as well is just dumb.
>>
>>2229457
Divas. Specifically gooks
>>
>>2229554
Casuals have never left, the numbers have decreased tremendously however since the show became more focused on in ring talent and less about drama. IWC gets what they want even though most don't pay a penny.
>>
>>2229538
The indies are the minor leagues of wrestling. That's where people that want to make it in the WWE go if they can't go straight to the WWE. Sure, some people come from other places, such as weightlifters or fighters like Barret but those are rare cases that considered a career change. Where are they going to get guys from if not the minor leagues? Go advertise themselves at bodybuilding competitions hoping they'll find 1 (one) guy who is thinking of changing his career? Or at Hollywood hoping a good actor/promo is not going to laugh at the idea of giving up his dream for a professional wrestling career? That's just not profitable. If someone wants a careers change, they'll contact the WWE anyway. If you don't like indie geeks then too bad, only geeks want to be wrestlers now.
>>
>>2229538
Cleary WWE needs more boring failed NFL players and less popular experienced wrestlers with existing fanbases, because that will magically send us back to 1985 when height and steroid abuse were considered the same thing as charisma or talent.
>>
>>2229577
And Cena started on the indies as well btw.
>>
>>2229563
The IWC increased tremendously after the pipebomb and that spike is an indicator that something works, even though Vince didn't foresee that it was not beneficial in the long run.

It worked for a few years with Punk and Dbry (whether the chant got him over or not) but has lost it's appeal since then as shown with their failed attempts at Owens/Sami/AJ when he stops sucking Cena's cock on live TV (no coincidence he only became relevant when he first met Cena)
>>
>>2229581
Those men had more charisma than todays workers.

Workrate based guys like omega are sloppy amd shit at crisp strikes.
>>
They need the dude that fucks all the bitches to put over the guy that tell you to eat vitamins
>>
Miz, Corbin, Seth, Ziggler, Braun, Sami. Are all being booked well without a title
>>
>>2229592
Basically every megastar that wasn't The Rock was poached from another company. I don't know why anybody thinks it's a new or negative thing.
>>
>>2229577
The indies are small time, but that's where the IWC focuses on because indies are generally just your average joe that decided to take up wrestling. And that's the wrestlers that the IWC can relate to, even though most normal or casual fans don't care about relating to a wrestler and would rather see a freak like Goldberg than a KFC worker like Owens
>>2229592
He wasn't known for indie work however, so his presence there didn't gain him fans to push him into the WWE. His fans were almost entirely WWE fans when he first joined.
>>
>>2229596
First things first, I'm not sure how what I posted and what you replied with are related. Not only that, but you already posted that the IWC increased in size after the pipebomb. I read that the first time, no need to read it again. As for the rest of your post, WWE fails at a shit ton of things, of course they could not capitalize on that momentum.
And wanna know what that increase in "IWC" interest was? Old fans that gave up during Cena's reign of terror coming back because the things they said for years finally seemed to be taken seriously. And finding new means to talk about their passion on the ever growing internet (go figure). Only for them to discover it was a fucking trap and the pipebomb led to the same old shit.
>>
>>2229614
ok, so you're an expert on casual and IWC psychology. Good on you, I'm sure you have ten different diplomas in the field already. But you did not answer anything I posted. Let's say they ignore the indies. Where are they going to find people to hire then?
>>
>>2229568
The show started focussing on in-ring talent in the early-to-mid 2000s with people like Angle, Guerrero and Benoit taking a more central role. But I would have thought the blame for declining numbers would be more because of the WCW invasion, the god-awful storylines they did trying to figure out what made the attitude era successful, not building up their talent and Stephanie McMahon taking over creative, pushing out paul heyman, and hiring way too many writers.

Or were you talking about how they've lost half their audience since their viewers began falling again when they turned Raw into a 3 hour show?
>>
>>2229678
Veiwers left because attitude wae a fad.

The shortest boom period in history.
>>
>>2229538
This.

When marks bury one of the most charismatic great looking talented stars like Roman, you know you fucked up your fanbase.
>>
File: raw96-15-1-1.png (8KB, 820x434px) Image search: [Google]
raw96-15-1-1.png
8KB, 820x434px
>>2229631
I find it hard to believe that a huge chunk of fans would stop watching because of one man out of an entire roster/show, whereas the influence Punk (an IWC legend) caused with the pipebomb was a culminative effect to the whole roster/company with a notable influence from the IWC (which did actually work up til 2014 but is no longer viable) I think was what caused the downfall, it's no coincidence that the lowest rating era since the mid 90's is filled with IWC favorites taking up big segments.
>>
>>2229457
I just wish wrestling could be UFC with finishers and storyline.
>>
>>2229768
Watch uwfi or pre 2009 Njpw.

Im watching njpw 80s now, its american wrestling but the atomposhere is of a fight crowd.
>>
>>2229768
>wanting to watch 1 minute hugging matches
disgusting
>>
>>2229457
>Too many hours of programing
I think some of the higher ups in WWE are aware of this even Trips said it himself
>Too many writers trying to get their shit in to get noticed and keep their jobs
I think they should stop hiring tv show/hollywoord writer and hire people who has passion for business. Correct me if I'm wrong here but I have read people in WWE see themselves as a TV show rather than a wrestling show, similar to how Dunn's sees his work on WWE
>Too many commentators trying to get their shit in and make sure they're heard rather than a smaller team just having a naturally flowing dialogue
Vince is on their ears
>Too many investors and advertisers to keep happy
Well this is part of the business, I can't comment on this.
>>
>>2229792
in addition to >Too many hours of programing
I think they have a contract until 2019(?) to have RAW a 3 hour show, so we'll have to wait until 2019 to see some changes on their programming format
>>
>>2229604
>Ziggler
>booked well
His heel turn has been a total dud
>>
>>2229792
Yes, Vince is in the ears of commentators. But he's been in the ears of his commentators for decades. The only time he wasn't was when he was on the commentary team. Having 2 people would still be an improvement over 3-4.
>>
>>2230073
Though Vince seems to be a lot more hands on now than he used to be. JR wanted to do things his own way, Michael Cole is more of a yes man.
>>
>>2229803
Yeah but people will remember him beating people up in the locker
>>
>>2229457
I love Wrestling because it's unpredictable...matchwise and long term
>>
The guy in your image OP.

>being enough of a mark to think that writers/investors/advertisers have any stroke

>>2229538
>>2229596
>Pipebomb increased the size of the IWC

Got a source from this other than your colon?

>traditional wrestler
>Goldberg/Roman/Braun/Cena

kek 18+

>>2229568
>Casuals have never left,

This fucking delusion.

>>2229735
Also: this fucking delusion.
>>
>>2229564
Your gimmick sucks
>>
>>2231285
>Got a source from this other than your colon?

pretty sure squaredcircle on leddit was created after the pipe bomb
>>
>>2231290
>plebbit
>relevant
>>
>>2231303
it's 1000x the size of this place and wew combined
>>
File: 1486094350960.png (2MB, 1292x1851px) Image search: [Google]
1486094350960.png
2MB, 1292x1851px
The biggest problem is 50/50 booking and over reliance on old stars, if someone gets over these days its not due to their booking its in spite of it just look at daniel bryan and dean bryan
>>
>>2231309
And it's still not as big as a few other boards, all of which predate it by many, many years.
>>
>>2231312
What else is there? wrestlingforum? the board? I doubt they are more active than leddit

I just went there and it says squaredcircle has 178,401 subscribers and 1,790 current active users. I doubt wrestlingforum has that much traffic
>>
>>2229457
>What Is WWE's Biggest Problem?

Everyone left is a workrate mark and doesnt know how to draw dimes.
>>
>>2231316
>I just went there

go back
>>
>>2229462
Isn't Fuck undercarder something a smark would say?

Also, the biggest problem right now is Vince's need for someone to be "the guy." It's why Cena used to get booed, and its even bigger now with Roman, who isn't nearly as believable.

I feel like until another Hogan, or Rock, or Austin shows up, with the right character and physique, pushing the closest guy into infinity is not gonna get the job done.
>>
>>2231354
good post lad
>>
>>2229538
>i-indie m-midgets driven out c-casuals!! :(
No, MMA did. If it was as big in the 90's as it is now, WWE would be struggling to sell out bingo halls these days.
>>
>IT'S THE FANS FAULT WWE IS SHIT
You are the biggest marks of all if you believe this
>>
Indie midgets and smarky redditors
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1484x2158px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1484x2158px
>>2229495
Delet
>>
The ratings drop because fat smarks watch illegal streams from their computers instead of sitting in front of the tv like a normal person.
>>
>>2229654
The roster would be full of big cass's and mojo rawley's if they didnt look at the indies. Shit would suck
>>
>>2231285
Autism: The Post
>>
The fans. Just look at this board.

You guys are seriously the worst.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.