[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big Dick Dave's Ratings of RR and Takeover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: meltzer2.jpg (67KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
meltzer2.jpg
67KB, 650x433px
Lynch/Nikki/Naomi vs. Bliss/Mickie/Nattie 2.75
Gallows and Anderson vs. Cesaro and Sheamus 3
Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks 1
Charlotte vs. Bayley 3.25
Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns 4.5
Neville vs. Rich Swann 3.5
John Cena vs. AJ Styles 4.75 (First WWE 4.75 since Lesnar/Cena/Rollins)
Dave said for Cena/Styles he thought about either 4.75 or 5, but when he thinks about it then it's by default not a 5 for him.
Randy Orton wins Royal Rumble 3.75

Takeover: San Antonio
Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger 3
Roderick Strong vs. Andrade Almas 3
AOP vs. DIY 3.5
Asuka vs. Nikki Cross vs. Billie Kay vs. Peyton Royce 2.25
Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura 4.25
>>
Thank you, now I know I don't need to watch it.
>>
File: Kenny-Omega-G1-climax-lead.jpg (165KB, 1300x724px) Image search: [Google]
Kenny-Omega-G1-climax-lead.jpg
165KB, 1300x724px
>>2228551
>Ajetty and John Cenetty can't even come within 1 star of the GOAT
>>
>>2228551
>John Cena vs. AJ Styles 4.75 (First WWE 4.75 since Lesnar/Cena/Rollins)
Cena no-selling that second Styles Clash and the match just sorta ending makes this a 4.
>>
>>2228556
There's no such thing as a 6, le meltz just couldn't contain his precum during a gook play fight and didn't think coherently.
You don't see the likes of IMDB giving movies a 12/10 because it makes zero sense.
>>
>>2228565
Or because Meltzer isn't anything official and people don't have to listen to his ratings. He can give it a 6/5 if he wants
>>
>>2228565
Seething
>>
File: images-8.jpg (7KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
images-8.jpg
7KB, 230x219px
>>2228560
>2 Cena matches with different competitors
>great ratings
B-but Cena can't wrestle like our indie shitters!
>>
>>2228565
>seething this hard
Contain yaself lil guy.
>>
>>2228572
If that's the case then he has no credibility, it's hard to value a professional's opinion but especially one that changes the rules, just because he can't contain his autistic gook lust.
>>
>>2228577
>gets carried by the best performers in the world and still can't get 5 stars
>his only 5 star match is thanks to getting carried by Punk's promos and match psychology
>"bu bu bu bu but BIG MATCH JOHN!!!"
He got great ratings with guys that would get a 4 star match out of a broom.
>>
>>2228573
>>2228580
So is /asp/ just memes?
I've been told not to visit this cesspit for similar reasons.
>>
File: carter.jpg (207KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
carter.jpg
207KB, 700x700px
>>2228580
>>2228588
piss off cuckter
>>
>>2228588
Then why don't those performers do the same with every wrestler they come across?
The 4.75 hadn't been done since Lesnar / Cena / Rollins which was awhile ago.
>le Cena carried meme is still a thing
>>
>>2228589
No, but when you see people still getting their jimmies rustled over gook wrestling almost a month after WK11, then there's nothing else to be said.

>>2228590
Worked.
>>
>>2228594
If you bring up a topic then expect a reply about said topic.

I didn't start the conversation, just replied. Which comes off as seething in asp because MEMES.
>>
>>2228592
He isn't saying Cena is shitty, but Cena only gets these high ratings when he's working with superior guys. So yea he is being carried to an extent, but it's not a total carry job. Cena has become a very good in-ring worker in that WWE style even though his selling is still crappy. AJ though is still very much on another level not only compared to Cena but also compared to the vast majority of wrestlers in the world.
>>
>>2228592
Because most of those indy shitters can't talk and get people excited. Combine that with Cena's inability to accept defeat within promos and always-inevitable kayfabe breaking to get himself over on the mic, and you get the same bogshite disaster that's been there since 2007.
>why don't those performers do the same with every wrestler they come across
Nigga, Owens just carried Reigns to a 4.5 star match.
Also nobody's gonna pull 4 star matches on regular shows that barely anybody even watches anymore.

The autists on here like to mock Punk for whatever reason they can come up with at the moment, but the truth is that he carried Cena on the mic all over their feud and made shit watchable and actually enjoyable.
>>
>>2228601
Except the majority of neckbeards think Cena can't wrestle for shit even though he can, AJ is definitely a much better performer but Cena helps the likes of rollins and AJ put on a great match.

Which makes Cena a great wrestler albeit not the best.
>>
>>2228598
Don't be a bitch, lad. Avoid getting worked.
>>
>>2228602
That's what makes Cena a great wrestler, a huge aspect of mandrama is the soap opera side and if you can't keep up or at least get on a similar level to Cena on the mic then you only appeal to specific demographics
You're just an athlete known for ring work that appeals to wrestling purists which are not the majority of WWE fans, hence the record low ratings it's the focus on wrestlers that can't talk or can't play a convincing role in a storyline, even a shit one.

You're picking a match with Reigns the same guy that got his shit together and performs well now (memes aside)
All wrestlers were shit at one point, doesn't mean they can't get better.
Austin for example was impressed with Reigns at the rumble and he says whatever he wants on his non-WWE podcasts. (and WWE podcasts to a certain extent)
He's a good benchmark for what makes a wrestler good considering he's one of the GOATS and knows more than anyone here.

Anyway, my coffee is finished so my sperg typing is finished now. Strong coffee gets me typing alot.
>>
>>2228608
Did I get worked Omg epic asp bants xD
>>
>>2228587
He's been doing the wrestler observer newsletter for almost 35 years and he's well respected in many circles (not just wrestling). Saying he has no credibility is disingenuous but hey you're just some autistic wwe drone on a mongolian image board so it's not like your opinion matters either
>>
>>2228587
>it's hard to value a professional's opinion but especially one that changes the rules, just because he can't contain his autistic gook lust.
Is there any particular reason why you obese marks get so triggered by Japanese wrestling placing a much higher emphasis on match quality than American wrestling? I mean don't you goobers brag about MUH STORYLINES and MUH DRAMA and how much more superior those things are to actual ring work? So why does someone like Dave work you marks so hard with preferring wrestling that puts the emphasis on actual wrestling?
>>
>>2228587
Then you don't have to. His ratings aren't anything official. You don't have to listen to them. No one has to. I think his ratings are consistently awful but I don't complain about it because I know it doesn't actually mean anything
>>
>>2228635
>Cena a great wrestler
He's average in-ring.
He's witty on the mic.
And he's been protected for over 10 years now.
Not great, but good enough.
You could excuse him nowadays for being old, but he's been the same for the last few years.

>Cena on the mic
Same old shit, tbqh.
>the champ is here
>I lost because this, this and that, not my fault, wasn't at my 100%, fighting my inner demons
>I will win the next time, I want my rematch
>the champ is heeeeeere
>oh no, he's fighting back, let's break kayfabe and mock him for XYZ from real life
>THE CHAMP IS HEEEEEEEEERE
>CUM GET SUM
>THE CHAMP IS HEEEEEEEEEEEEERE
Punk was tearing him new assholes left and right because he's an even bigger cunt.

>WWE fans
Nigga, wrestling is niche. If people want good promos and heat, they watch UFC.

>record low ratings
>focus on wrestlers that can't talk
>can't play a convincing role on a storyline
Not really, people just have better alternatives for entertainment.
Wrestling is in a steady decline in general, and no matter who you put in the top spot, it's still gonna drop in ratings.

>Reigns
>performs well now
You could argue that he's not bogshite anymore.
But he's most certainly not 4.5 star material without being carried by an actual good performer.
He's worse on the mic than most indy shitters and he's average in the ring. He's not good enough.

>All wrestlers were shit at one point
>doesn't mean they can't get better
Roman just didn't get good enough.

>Austin was impressed
He was never better in the ring himself, so yeah.

>good benchmark
No. He can be GOAT, but he was average in the ring as well.
>>
>>2228641
And now you're seething yet again.
>>
>Aussie retards got a lower rating than Dana
Kek
>>
>>2228768
now that's seething
>>
>>2228705
>Or because Meltzer isn't anything official and people don't have to listen to his ratings.
No obligation or commitment to judge a match fairly, as indicated by changing the ratings rule. His opinion has no benchmark so all he is saying is how much he liked it rather than scaling the match perfect or the worst. Which makes him an uncreditable source.
>>
>>2228736
I don't listen to him, just curious why everyone takes his unreliable ratings as definitive proof.
>>
>>2228819
Next time try to establishment that point coherently instead of shitposting like a retard about precum and gook fights. It makes you look more dumb than the people you complain about
>>
>>2228814
He never changed the ratings rule. He rated a Misawa vs. Kawada match from 1994 6 stars as well.
>>
>>2228768
I genuinely do want to read all that because asp is generally 1 sentence meme shit but I've done enough typing on this phone, 9 posts or so with mostly bait responses to me.

There's only so much 1 man can contribute to a thread (asp of all places) without going insane.
>>
>>2228602
>Nigga, Owens just carried Reigns to a 4.5 star match.

Kill yourself, Rollins mark. You don't know shit about wrestling.
>>
>>2228768
Damn dude get a life
>>
>>2228826
My first post heavily implied I don't listen to him silly, no need to sperg because I tainted the smarks delight.
>>
>>2228768
>Cena is average in-ring
>Austin was never better in the ring himself than Roman, so yeah.

Who takes this guy seriously?
>>
>>2228839
>He never changed the ratings rule.
>He rated a Misawa vs. Kawada match from 1994 6 stars as well.
The same man rated those matches, he did change the rule unless Meltzer was using a different body in 94.
>>
>>2228857
Just keep moving the goalposts, wwebabby.
>>
>>2228868
You're the one giving me ammunition, at least think of something that can't be easily countered with common sense.
>>
>>2228779
Ayyy u got me senpai.

>>2228844
K.

>>2228845
Based Fatass is so good that he was able to carry that fat Samoan to a 4.5 star match. That's not even a bad thing.

>>2228847
>t. /asp/ie without a life

>>2228850
Stone Cold was never above average in the ring. All his magic came from the hype of his promos, gimmick, demeanor and the whole redneck-who-didn't-give-a-fuck aura. In the ring he was bland. A lot of striking, not much grappling and slams, a few power and technical moves here and there, but nothing that would stand out. In fact, he had such a good character that he was able to get people hype for those moves and especially the Stunner, which is not an extraordinary finisher.
Stone Cold was comparable to Reigns in the ring, but what made Stone Cold was his character, not in-ring skill.

Also
>implying Cena is anything beyond average in the ring
You're fucking silly, lad. Last time he tried to add a move to his arsenal, everyone ended up cringing hard.
>>
>>2229158
>A lot of striking, not much grappling and slams, a few power and technical moves here and there, but nothing that would stand out

You don't know shit. This guy thinks the variance of moves you do is something to judge a wrestler's work by rather than their utilization during matches and how it pertains to one's character. I think wrestling may be too complex for you. In-ring skill is more than "MOVEZ", you mongoloid.
>>
>>2228551
You know. Im not triphatter. But I am coming around to ramon. Honestly if he wasn't so fucked in the ass by the shit booking and scripts he might be over already
>>
>>2228588
Dave likes workrate and big bombs.

He isn't into selling and psychology.
>>
>>2229158
Are you really THAT stupid? Steve Austin was an exceptional wrestler since WCW and only got into brawling (which he also mastered so there's 2 styles already he is GOAT at) because of injury but had the psychology anyways to pull off great matches

He doesn't need to do 20 flips and a 450 Splash to be considered a great wrestler, just ask Bret Hart or Kane
>>
File: Kys Cringe Faggot.jpg (18KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
Kys Cringe Faggot.jpg
18KB, 324x324px
>>2229158
>K.
>>
File: 1485906951092-tv.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485906951092-tv.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>2228580
>>2228588
>>2228594
>>2228602
>>2228608
>>2228768
>>2228774
>>2229158
>>
>>2228551
>Charlotte vs. Bayley 3.25
Is he legitimately trolling
>>
>>2228565
i give your post gets 3 thumbs down, famalamadingdong
>>
>>2229491
always add extra point for womyn
>>
>>2228720
As I understand it, the problem is not that Meltzer and a bunch of the smarks prefers wrestling over mandrama, the problem it's the lack of any apparent reason to give 6 stars to something and break the same rules that you created (or that someone gave to you since Meltzer didn't made those rules, Cornette did) other than "it happened in the Tokyo Dome between two stiff wrestlers" in the eyes of some people.

It's bullshit anyways because nobody is 100% objective as a critic of something and most critics of everything will mistake objectivity with neutrality on their answers, so he's (or should be) at least honest about it.

Also, this has happened exactly when the first 5 star match was awarded to someone, since originally it only had 4 stars as the maximum grade
>>
>>2228565
Dave the frustrated wrestler is the wrestling version of rotten tomatoes, yeah the aame smarks than ranked ironman 3 better than man of steel.
>>
>>2227309
>>
>>2228551
>Dave said for Cena/Styles he thought about either 4.75 or 5, but when he thinks about it then it's by default not a 5 for him.

Of course not, it took place on American soil.
>>
>>2230703
Punk v. Cena MITB 2011 was 5 stars in Chicago
>>
>>2230703
The match would have been 4 at best if it took place in New Japan.
>>
>>2229171
A wrestler should have as many moves regarding his style in his arsenal as it's possible. C'mon, you're not going to tell me Austin's cookie cutter moves during the opening and middle of his many matches were specifically selected just because he was such an enlightened person and knew that those specific moves he always did over and over again would fit his character perfectly, and not just because of him liking that type of simple performance and sticking with it because of convenience, since he had a guaranteed main event status.
He was average in the ring, and there's not much to it.

>>2229204
True, but he gave Cena vs Punk 5 stars, when it was more centered around psychology, selling and promo than wrestling. They still put on a great match, so it's not like it lacked anything.

>>22292207
>exceptional wrestler
>did the same tired stuff a lot of other guys at his time did, just like flippyshits hopelessly copy each other nowadays
He wasn't physically fit to be a great wrestler performance-wise, and I'm not talking about his broken neck.
Nothing exceptional.

>>2229458
t. autismo

>>2229489
???
>>
>>2230781
>>2229220
Didn't tag ya in lil guy.
>>
File: ss (2017-01-27 at 01.04.50).png (46KB, 599x382px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-01-27 at 01.04.50).png
46KB, 599x382px
>>2230703
>>
>>2228587
>Big Ratings Meltzer working you into a shoot
>>
>>2229204
What are you talking about he mentions selling as an highlight when he spoke about the match.
>>
>>2228604
>vast majority of neckbeards

Only nostalgiafags, the meme for the past, like, 5 years is "Yeah he's really good, I just don't like his character"

Like legit, even youtube marks don't hate Cena. Ever since that US title reign I see people everywhere saying he's top 5 alive in the ring, which is retarded.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.