[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it that he can still cut a better promo than most of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: wc1673309.png (620KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
wc1673309.png
620KB, 1000x707px
>>
File: 9247956245.jpg (26KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
9247956245.jpg
26KB, 642x361px
>>2228037
BECAUSE ANON
THE THING IS
>>
>>2228037
Probably because the writers would never dare script his from page to page end.
>>
He gets to say whatever he wants and isn't given some piece of shit script written by a soap opera reject.
>>
>still

Why wouldn't he? Promo skills are gonna decline unless he had some kind of brain injury.

He was always one of the best on the mic.
>>
scripted promos kill everyone

Hulk Hogan went from one of the best ever on the mic to "the right gay guy" and "the silverdome"
>>
>>2228042
Don't forget having it re-edited by Vince just before showtime.

>>2228044
>He was always one of the best on the mic.

Well that's untrue.
>>
It's really simple.

He is in complete control of his characters creative.
>>
>>2228038
IN THIS BUSINESS
>>
>>2228064
YOU'RE JUST A B-PLAYER
>>
>>2228067
THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS...
>>
>>2228037
Hell I'll take the 15 min Authority promos if its just Haitch doing them and Steph just standing there in her WM32 outfit.
>>
>>2228037
>Not stuck to a shit script
>Allowed to say/do what he wants
>If he goes off-script, isn't punished
>Probably writes his own material that is consistent with his character
RAW and, to a lesser extent, SD are scripted out the ass with few chances for their guys to do their own thing while staying in character. RAW has the issue of Vince rewriting parts and creative not knowing how to keep a character consistent while SD's creative have more freedom but not as many "big names" to write for and thus not as much demand to make their material as good as it could be.

If they sent Deanetty, Corbin, and Ziggler back to RAW in exchange for Braun, Rusev, and called Nakamura up at RR like they should have, SD would have the advantage of star power and better writing. Vince won't do it, though, because he still considers SD to be the "show nobody cares about".
>>
>>2228152
I'M A SUPERIOR B+ PLAYER
>>
>>2228176
How are Braun & Rusev bigger stars than Ambrose?

Or even Ziggler?
>>
>>2228261
Braun is the next Austin
>>
>>2228261
>How are Braun & Rusev bigger stars than Ambrose?
In terms of skill and in-ring psychology, Rusev makes Deanetty look like a 13yo on a trampoline with some shitty 3 Days Grace theme music. On-mic, Rusev needs to leave the talking to Lana
>Wanting Ziggler over Braun
Braun is a big guy, probably just as athletic, and has a monster gimmick that he makes believable. Ziggler is an HBK rip-off. I would rather watch 3-minute Braun squash matches than 20mins of Ziggler failing to kick his opponent 4 times before hitting the fifth.
>>
>rambling on for 20 minutes
>good promo
>>
>>2228303
Dean isn't better than Rusev on the mic
>>
>completely kill the crowd
>"good promo"
>>
>>2228253
I'M TRIPLE H
>>
Idiots pulling out the sricpt excuse as expected baka.

is it really that fucking hard to admit AE guys are just better talkers than the indy geeks the pollute the roster these days?
>>
>>2228044
Explain foley
>>
>>2228336
THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN
>>
>>2228354
>some kind of brain injury
>>
>>2228176
nice headcanon senpai
>>
Because he's allowed to book the angle however he wants, write his promos however he wants and has two decades worth of practice when it comes to things like delivery and audience interaction.

He started getting WHAT chants last night (I dunno fuckin' why, it was a brilliant promo, go fuck yourself, you backwater podunk Texas town), and he immediately started altering his cadence to not give them the gaps to do that.
>>
>>2229059
>implying he didn't have multiple brain injuries by 1996
>>
>>2228334

He got a babyface reaction towards the end.
>>
>>2228334
Can't kill what was already fuckin' dead.
>>
>>2228037
Actually allowed to have creative freedom.
>>
>>2228176
>Vince won't do it, though, because he still considers SD to be the "show nobody cares about".
Too be fair, it pretty much is still the show nobody cares about. This is coming form a Smackchad that hasn't watched Raw in 2 months.
>>
>>2228037
Because millennials ruined the company with garbage mic work and no personality. He was never great but he sounds like the GOAT because we're used to shit these days.

Piss is better than shit.
>>
>>2228037
sage
>>
>>2229054
THE KING OF KINGS
>>
>>2228303
>not being entertained everytime Based Rusev speaks despite the terrible script he is given

off yourself, fucko...Dean is pure cringe most of the time on the mic
>>
>>2229132
THE GAMEUH
>>
>>2228352
Everyone was hetter back then on promos. Real men who worked their craft in nwa or elsewhere.
Nowadays it's introvert geeks who play video games cutting promos.
>>
>>2229146
AND QUITE FRANKLY
>>
>>2228037
Is unscripted or at least has the bare minimum of script writing done and thus has sheer freedom to do say the fuck he wants.

And IF he fucks up, who the fuck is gonna tell the CEO son-in-law and their COO that they're gonna move him down the card based on his performance.

It's a combination of freedom, confidence, and 2 decades of practice.
>>
>>2228044
>He was always one of the best on the mic.
Wat. He only seems semi decent now because everyone else is so shit.

The truth is that he could never hang with the likes of The Rock or Austin back on the day. Hell, even when he was in D-Generation X, he had to bring in Road Dogg to cut all the good promos.

Trips is not even top 10 in mic skills, not even top 50. Sure, he doesn't shame himself with his promos, but they're nothing special either.
>>
>>2229498
YOU SEEM TO FORGET
>>
>>2229558
THAT I AM THAT. DAMN. GOOD.
>>
I don't WANT to wrestle you. I don't NEED to wrestle you.
>>
>>2228261
They aren't. It's just a fantasy.
>>
>>2229589
AND IF YOU'RE NOT DOWN WITH THAT
>>
>>2229527
>their COO
He isn't the actual COO but he is head of Talent Relations and Senior Producer of NXT.
>>
>>2229970
who is the actual coo of wwe?
>>
>>2228037
Creative cant tell the boss to yell at him if he says what he wants.
>>
>>2228037
Best promos are the ones mixed with some truth and Haitch miss to be on the ring burying young guys and destroying careers. That's what he did once he got creative control over his character, see the Reign of terror
>>
>>2230146
Nearly correct. Best promos are the ones *the fans think* are mixed with some truth
>>
>>2230170
Keeping the abysmal distances, see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hILCw66sLU

Hogan really felt some of the stuff he said that night and that was one of the best promos of his career
>>
>>2230245
that promo and the one he cut the night after is probably his best work

the hollywood promos where he just came out and rambled for 10 minutes were cool and all but these promos were really believable.
>>
>>2229793
SUCK MY UNIT
>>
IN THIS BUSINESS!
IN THIS RING!!!
>>
>>2229542
>>2228050
I think you're both confusing skill with charisma. Triple H was probably one of the best at cutting promos. He was a bit drawn out, but I think that added to the feel of it. He had emotion and passion and you could feel what he was feeling through his words.

He's not anyone like Road Dogg, Savage, Hogan, Austin, Rock, or Jericho that can get people chanting their catchphrases along with him (aside from when he was in DX). He doesn't have a "smell what the rock is cooking" or "'Hulkamania is running wild" face gimmick. He's a heel whose gimmick is being a ruthless asshole that enjoys other peoples' misery.
>>
>>2230849
>I think you're both confusing skill with charisma

No, he just isn't one of the greats.
>>
>>2230849
>He's not anyone like Road Dogg, Savage, Hogan, Austin, Rock, or Jericho

one of these is not like the others
>>
>>2230855
Savage is the only dead guy?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.