[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE FINISHING MOVES DON'T MEAN SHIT LMAO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

DUDE FINISHING MOVES DON'T MEAN SHIT LMAO
>>
>>2215260
when I saw styles hit the clash (again), I said "thats it" irl. my buddy who isn't into wrestling just goes "what do you mean?" as cena kicks out like it was nothing
nothing matters anymore
>>
>kick out of second rope AA
>hit one of your finishers twice
>lose
>>
One of the worst matches I've ever seen
>>
I hope Cena runs into Roman Reigns and they both suffer career ending injuries so I can try to enjoy WWE again.
>>
>>2215260
I fucking hate how weak finishers are now. Little else annoys me more about modern WWE.
>>
>>2215277
It's sad they couldn't simply watch Omega vs Okada to see how to properly protect finishers. Granted; the AA is as shit-tier as they come as far as finishers go, but Cena kicking out of a straight-up Clash after it had been protected for years? Pathetic.
>>
>>2215260
Same as attitude era or any 90s wrestling.
>>
>>2215441
Styles Clash was never protected in the WWE, though. The first time AJ hit it in WWE, which was on Jericho, he kicked out at t wo.
>>
>>2215441
>Omega vs Okada to see how to properly protect finishers

like the tombstone piledriver they greatly protected?
>>
>>2215441

>Styles Clash
>protected

Jericho already kicked out of it

>>2215475
>>2215441

>MUH OUTLAW WRESTLING

they finisher spam too
>>
File: wwe gfhg.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wwe gfhg.webm
1MB, 640x360px
I love it, i mean it's John Cena and AJ Styles, two of the most powerful superstars in any wrestling program. It's not that the finishers were weak, John and AJ are too strong, mentaly and phisically, those two will never give up in a battle no matter how much painful it is. That's how i see it.
>>
>>2215504
>stamford wives seething yet again
>>
>>2215527
this
that was literally the story of the match
>>
>>2215561
People who hate "finisher" spam are just saying it to fit in.
Watch any long 1vs1 match from AJPW in the 90's. They bust out finisher after finisher. It's about the psychology
>>
>guy goes down with a finisher
>ONE (1) FINISHER
>guy actually takes a few before going down
>FINISHING MOVES DON'T MEAN SHIT

make your fucking minds up /asp/
>>
>>2215432

This. Sure the concept of a finishing move is retarded, but it's a staple in prowrestling.
>>
>>2215565
>They bust out finisher after finisher.
And it was widely regarded as being a bad thing. Yes; it made sense storywise since they were getting stronger throughout the years, but for the King's Road that meant even more violent matches taking place and more dangerous spots/head drops. Of course we're not going to see a finisher escalation like that in WWE, but it at least made sense in All Japan; even if it was unnecessary (watching Kobashi kicking out of Tiger Driver 91s still pisses me off).
>>
>>2215595
>Of course we're not going to see a finisher escalation like that in WWE
Cena: AA, STF, Avalanche AA, Double AA
Styles: Calf Crusher, Phenomenal Forearm, Styles Clash, (maybe Spiral Tap at some point?)

Styles also used STF at one point as well.

The King's Road style was only considered a bad thing due to how dangerous it was. It's still a viable style if the finishing moves in question just LOOK dangerous and aren't actually dangerous.

A lot of WWE's upper card style since about the late 90s has been very upper card King's Road influenced in terms of multi-near falls and finisher spamming. With people like Cena and Styles who have multiple ways of ending matches (thus multiple finishers) it makes that much more sense.
>>
>>2215613
>Cena: AA, STF, Avalanche AA, Double AA
>Styles: Calf Crusher, Phenomenal Forearm, Styles Clash, (maybe Spiral Tap at some point?)
I meant escalation of genuinely dangerous finishers or moves in general. It reached a point where Misawa was routinely being dropped on his head because of the escalation throughout the years.

Also Omega vs Okada showed the correct way to not only protect finishers but also do finisher spam: Omega never hit his One-Winged Angel once which keeps it strong because of how it was portrayed before the match and how Okada avoided it throughout their match like it was the plague. Okada's Rainmaker was also protected because the first one he hit on Omega was a half-assed Rainmaker that Omega understandably kicked out of. And the subsequent Rainmakers were all legitimate, but Okada never tried to pin Omega until the very last one so there were no multiple kick outs. Omega's selling was also important after all these Rainmakers were done to him: he didn't run around the ring or act like they were regular moves; he was selling like he was barely holding on by a thread.

But this could all be remedied if WWE guys were allowed to have proper finishers. It's perfectly believable that AJ (or anyone else for that matter) would kick out of a shitty finisher like the AA or escape an STF.
>>
>great heel mannerism by cena during match
>cant turn heel because some kid has cooties
>>
>>2215441
Okada hit like 14 Rainmakers in that match, the One Winged Angel was handled well, though.
>>
>>2215475
Why would they care about protecting the Tombstone? Ibushi kicked out of a Burning Hammer at the CWC, Japan is not canon to the WWE and vice versa.
>>
File: svtwQPV.jpg (141KB, 940x767px) Image search: [Google]
svtwQPV.jpg
141KB, 940x767px
It's like I care but I just don't expect more
>>
>>2215260
>Muh finishers
Go back to the 70s Cucknette
>>
>>2215652
See: >>2215642
>>
If you don't expect a bunch of false finishes out of an AJ Styles/John Cena match this deep into their feud, I dunno what the fuck to tell you.

Like, did you watch their matches at MitB and SummerSlam? This is kinda their thing.
>>
>>2215679
Fair enough, I hadn't noticed Okada didn't go for the cover on all those Rainmakers until you pointed it out.

But how do you mend a broken finisher? How can you make the Styles Clash into a kill move after everyone and their mother kicked out of it multiple times?
>>
>>2215642
>proper finishers
>referring to a match where one guy's finisher is a clothesline

it's all arbitrary, just admit you don't like cena
>>
This is feud is legitimately the best storytelling WWE has had in years.

Two of the strongest booked wrestlers of all time finally are in the same promotion at the same time, still at the peaks of their respective careers. Their early matches are booked pragmatically, having the full timer AJ get the rub.

Months later, AJ has sharpened his teeth on the top of the card: Dean, Corbin, Ziggler. Cena returns from hollywood in super never-give-up-prove-the-haters-wrong-tie-Flairs-record mode, setting up a match in which both men simply refuse to be defeated. It never even felt like either one was motivated by a desire to WIN, they just refused to be BEATEN by their counterpart. Read interviews with great coaches and players, they don't even really enjoy winning that much, but man do they fucking hate losing.

tl;dr The match was top tier storytelling by 2 of the great all-time professionals
>>
>>2215260
Im old enough to remember rock and austin doing 10 finishers on each other at ppvs
>>
>>2215697
The Rainmaker looks a hell of a lot more impressive than the AA regardless of who's doing it. And I don't hate Cena; he has legitimately become a good wrestler and him and AJ have all kinds of in-ring chemistry together. Do I hate his gimmick? Yes. Do I hate that he's eternally pushed over everyone else? Yes. Do I hate his shitty finishers? Of course. But there's no denying he's one of the top wrestlers in terms of actual wrestling in WWE.

>>2215692
>But how do you mend a broken finisher? How can you make the Styles Clash into a kill move after everyone and their mother kicked out of it multiple times?
Is anyone's finisher protected in WWE?
>>
>>2215713
I always think of macho man dropping 5 elbows on warrior when I see people whine about finisher spam

or that beeg story with the 7 stunners
>>
>>2215720
>Is anyone's finisher protected in WWE?
Goyberg's.

Deanetty's, for whatever reason.
>>
>>2215720
>Is anyone's finisher protected in WWE?
Roman's?
>>
>>2215723
I mean, Warrior and Beeg were supposed to be larger than life superhumans, it makes sense to spam finishers at them because it's like chopping down a giant sequoia.

AJ, Rock and Austin are just regular men in kayfabe.
>>
>>2215723
This is where wrestlers having multiple finishers becomes a very good thing with the last finisher being treated as an ultimate finisher. I love the King's Road era and consider it to be the greatest era of wrestling, but the finisher spam could get extremely annoying. I watched one match fairly recently with Kawada vs Misawa and Kawada ended up powerbombing Misawa 20,000 times before finally pinning him. You never would have guessed the powerbomb was Kawada's finisher considering how many goddamn times Misawa kicked out of it.
>>
>>2215720
AJ's finishers are actually very protected, especially Phenomenal Forearm, except when he's going at it with Cena in a Big 4 PPV. I'm just gonna point out, we're talking about the Styles Clash like it's totally worthless - he won the title with ONE Styles Clash.

Roman's Spear is still very protected, I don't think anybody's straight-up kicked out of that without shenanigans of some kind in over a year.

Dirty Deeds is on the same tier as Roman's Spear. In the last year, only Brock and Cena have kicked out. Everybody else, it's just immediately ended their shit, including AJ.

Coup de Grace took out both Roman and Seth in one go.

Think that's it. I guess Owens' apron bomb hasn't been buried yet. Besides that, you've got a bunch of cases like Helluva Kick, End of Days, Red Arrow, but they haven't reeeeaaally pinned anybody important yet.
>>
File: antonio-cesaro-neutralizer3.jpg (96KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
antonio-cesaro-neutralizer3.jpg
96KB, 500x281px
>>2215764
The only person to ever kick out of the Neutralizer was BMJ himself in an US Open Challenge match.
>>
>>2215697
Not him and I'm a huge Cena fan but the AA is easily one of the worst finishers of all time, it's just a fireman's carry.

AJ's Ushigoroshi looks way more devestating and it's just one of his regular moves.
>>
>>2215764
>Phenomenal Forearm
Pretty sure that's a signature, not a finisher.
>>
>>2215780
>Pinned Cena with it at SummerSlam
>Pinned Corbin with it on SmackDown
>Not a finisher
????
>>
>>2215779
>BAH GAWD MAURO COULD YOU IMAGINE IF JOHN CENA GOT BEAT BY HIS OWN MOVE?
>Y-yes, AJ Styles with an Ushigoros-
>I LOVE IT, AJ STYLES TRYING TO PUT CENA AWAY WITH HIS VERY OWN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT
>>
>>2215764
All I'm saying is doing your finisher multiple times to win or kicking out of your opponent's ultimate finisher is the laziest way to make your wrestlers look strong. Okada vs Omega showed a very intelligent way of protecting both finishers AND making both of them look strong.
>>
>>2215260
>one finisher ending matches will never ever be the norm in wwe
sucks
>>
>>2215764
Reminder that Roman has a clean win over Cena with one spear
>>
>>2215779
F5 is in this category too. Like, Lesnar gets it over because he's fucking Lesnar, but the move really isn't that impressive. Also, Roman eating goddamn four of them doesn't help.

>>2215777
Unfortunately, because of the nature of how Cesaro's pushed, he's never put anybody important away with they Neutralizer. Sheamus kicked out in the Best of 7 and in their tag matches, the Brogue Kick is the finisher.

Brogue Kick is another one that's kinda protected, I guess.

>>2215804
Well I haven't seen Okada/Omega, so I can't comment on that. You asked which WWE finishers are protected, so I answered.

>the laziest way to make your wrestlers look strong.
No, that would be whatever the hell it is they're doing with Roman Reigns.
>>
>>2215764
>Roman's Spear is still very protected, I don't think anybody's straight-up kicked out of that without shenanigans of some kind in over a year.
seff kicked out of the spear and Bork I think
>>
>>2215814
>the nature of how Cesaro's pushed
Go out there and carry the whole thing and maybe we'll consider letting you go somewhere beyond the midcard belt, even though we both know that's a lie and also remember to do all your spots in every match so we can really milk those diminished returns?
>>
>BBD kicks out of finishers
>OH BOY SUPER RAMEN STOP PUSHING THIS FAG DOWN OUR THROATS VINCE
>AJ kicks out of finisher
>7 STAR MATCH BASED STYLES CARRYING THIS COMPANY
>>
File: laughing franco.png (84KB, 171x208px) Image search: [Google]
laughing franco.png
84KB, 171x208px
>>2215642
>Calls AA and STF shitty
>When Rainmaker is literally just a clothesline
>>
>>2215861
>clothesline is a shitty finisher
>never seen a Stan Hansen or Riki Choshu match
>>
>>2215723
To be fair beegs is a monster and UW is like a super human space entity in kayfabe. Cena and AJ are just regular dudes.
>>2215764
PF is a joke. It's even a meme with my friends that it's just a set up to get countered. How many of those has he even hit in the WWE?
>>
>>2215829
Seth had a ref bump to give him an extra couple seconds. Bork kicked out (of two of them, actually) at WM31, which was almost two years ago at this point. The last guy to just kick out clean, I think, was Dean at Survivor Series '15.

>>2215835
Yeah. Basically. They just don't believe in him as a singles guy and that's such a goddamn shame. I guess I won't complain if he keeps putting on tag clinics like this, though. That Shesaro/Revival feud is gonna be the shit.
>>
File: 1481844749231.jpg (43KB, 641x491px) Image search: [Google]
1481844749231.jpg
43KB, 641x491px
>>2215861
The AA is literally just a fireman's carry takeover, there is NO WAY that should keep someone down for the 3 count

They even changed the name of it from the FU to make it even more pathetic
>>
>>2215934
I don't see how that makes it so bad compared to a lot of other meme moves. All depends on the selling desu.
>>
>>2215861
Man at least you can come up with an excuse for that. Maybe the dude has just perfect the clothesline, his arm is really good, he knows exactly where and how and how fast to strike to just totally smash this dude's neck and completely knock the air out of him for long enough to get the pin.

The AA is just flipping a dude off your shoulders on to his back. A freakin' back body drop looks more damaging.
>>
>>2215870
Why would I care about these literal who manlets?
>>
>>2215974
>Bait so bad it looped right back around and made me reply
Well played.
>>
It was just them going from spot to spot like they were checking them off a list. At no point did it feel like anything other than theater. Mediocre match and the rumble was way worse.
>>
>>2215959
The way John delivers it makes it look like it has impact. I guess sometimes he fucks up and he ends up just flipping them.
>>
Was it worse than Roman going through a table then bit with brass knucks and still kicking out though?
>>
>>2215475
Tombstone is Okadas signature not finisher
>>
>>2215441
Clash hasn't been protected since his debut newfag
>>
*Do move*
*Cover*
*Kick out at 2.5*
*Repeat 20 times*

DUDE BEST MATCH EVARRR xD
>>
>>2215441
>after it had been protected for years?

Ajanetty has been on the roster, and other than jobbers, that finisher never puts anyone away at one try. I think he's won more matches with the forearm than that neck breaker.
>>
>Spam NJPW finishers

OMG 6 STARS BASED DAVE UHHGGGG PLEASE FUCK ME IN THE ASS OMEGAAAA

>Spam WWE Finishers

WTF THESE FUKING HACKS CAN'T WRESTLE WORK MATCH OF ALL TIME FUCK YOU VINCE YOURE OUT OF TOUCH
Kill yourselves
>>
>>2216202
>spam njpw finishers
>only one was used
>>
>>2216202
But Kenny Omega literally didn't use his finisher

A L T E R N A T I V E F A C T S
>>
>>2215698
this so much
>>
I hate how in order for a match to be considered good people have to kick out of finishers at least 5 times.
>>
>>2216309
CM Punk v Cena MITB 2011 wasn't finisher spam

Got 5 stars
>>
>>2216317

Yup that was a good match. I just hate matches where two people who supposedly hate each other are trying to get the pin every 30 seconds.
>>
>>2216317
I think Punk kicked out of two AAs and Cena kicked out of a GTS.
>>
>>2216202
Reminder that in Omega/Okada, there was exactly ONE (1) finisher kick out in the entire 50 minutes.
>>
>>2215792

kek I remember that. To be fair, I think it actually looked like an AA from JBL's angle
>>
File: 1467091116891.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1467091116891.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>2216202
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.