[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to NXT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5

>>
Lost Dusty, lost Ward and got raped with call ups
>>
>fatgooka
>meme japanese that bends guy
>>
File: 1477863651746.jpg (44KB, 459x339px)
1477863651746.jpg
44KB, 459x339px
>how could he not be happy with it... Its completely better than Vince's
>>
>>2195633
also this. fuck fatsuka
>>
>>2195626
Started relying in washed up indie shitters like Asuka instead of homegrown talent
>>
Brand that was supposed to be developmental for the talent at the Performance Center got good, but now all the headliner stars come from elsewhere.

And also callups.
>>
the problem is that it wouldve been impossible to sustain how good it was for awhile so now people have expectations
>>
>>2195631
>got raped with call ups

isn't that the intention of NEXT? to get the wrestlers ready for the main roster? a minor league as it were.

H is just pissed that most of the draws have been called up and can't take credit for building up established talent like owens or zayn. also pissed he couldn't get Kenny on his brand.
>>
The performance failure is a hilarious failure
>>
>Sami, Owens, Neville, Finn and now Joe and probably Tye, Enzo & Cass, American Alpha, probably the Revival soon, Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte, Becky
He's lost all of his dudes over the last year-ish, plus his head writer, and basically nothing has come in to replace them. The entire brand is essentially on Nakamura, Roode and Asuka right now, three guys who could very well also be heading to the main roster sooner rather than later too.

He knows his streak of putting together a better PPV than Vince on the same weekend is about to come to an end. Of course he's not happy.
>>
>>2195626
it was always trash, just go overhyped by smarks
>>
>>2195644
No. Haitch wants it to be his own little vanity project and playground while Vince wants it to be minor league. This disconnect is why NXT was so under prepared for the draws leaving
>>
>>2195626
It was never suppose to be good. It's developmental. Haitch made it his little pet project and signed gooks and indy outlaws that have done nothing but bury any new talent.
>>
>>2195652
Asuka is never leaving NXT, but yes the other two are done very soon. Both will be on the main roster by the summer imo
>>
>>2195626
Asuka was the seed of destruction for the Women's division
The whole "It's not developmental, it's a brand"
Most storylines are simple promos with too many beatdowns. Watching NXT is like playing Universe Mode in the video games except less fun
Half the guys are from TNA
Bland Talent for e.g. Hideo Itami, looks Vanilla
Too much emphasis on Tag Team Wrestling, DIY vs Revival was great, but then you got shit like TM61
Ember Moon is pretty much a good example of what is wrong with NXT Characters
Billie Kay and Peyton Royce while are interesting are given crappy scripts to work with
The only good things going on there is failing to catch on to a bored audience (same problem which happened to TNA when they started taping at Orlando)
Your only anticipation is when is xyz going to be called up
>>
>>2195659
I REALLY THINK they should try to get Nakamura a WrestleMania program, but as of right now, I think Nakamura's day after Mania and Roode's maybe SummerSlam.
>>
>>2195626
It's no longer about getting young talent over, it's about getting Japanese indies to work the safe and boring WWE style. There hasnt been a single homegrown NXT success story in 3 years, that shits alarming.
>>
>Calling your show a "product"

Guess we're putting up with that for a few decades yet then
>>
>>2195654
Basically this. HHH wants NXT to be the third brand that competes with Raw and SmackDown. And y'know, if they went all in with that concept, maybe that'd be fine. Part of me actually wants to see HHH's Indie Fed Exclusively On The WWE Network but if Vince is gonna pull his dudes whenever they get really over, it's not gonna happen.
>>
Why were Finn and Joe put in developmental in the first place?
>>
>>2195663
Peyton and Billie are shit and will kill the division if/when they're the top women, I guarantee it. Ember, Nikki and Asuka are the only things keeping the slightest bit of interest in that scene.
>>
>>2195675
The whole "I was down at NXT" and "called up" is the major disconnect from it being an actual brand. Even if it's a one hour show, most of the discussions are about who's getting called up next, not who is going to take NXT to the next level
>>
>>2195683
because of callups, they needed star power to keep the nxt brand going since none of the talent from the performance center are nowhere near ready.
>>
>>2195663
>too much emphasis on tag team wrestling
>one match per takeover or episode is too much
Imagine being this retarded.
>>
>>2195683
Joe was originally supposed to be NXT only because they didn't think Vince would be interested in him. Then Vince gave into the smarks
>>
>>2195688
NXT IS DEVELOPMENTAL

IT

IS

NOT

A

FUCKING

BRAND
>>
>>2195688
>nxt brand
Hi Paul
>>
>>2195687
Yep. It's never gonna be what HHH wants it to be until Vince is outta the picture and at that point, he'll just gain full control of Raw and SmackDown anyway, so NXT will probably turn purely into a developmental at that point.
>>
Get rid of NXT and make Superstars or MainEvent the show for Performance Center talent to interact with established talent. Triple H should create a PPV show that happens once in four months to promote the talent and hire free agent smark favorites like TNA does
>>
Outside of some Zayn/Regal matches, it's never been good.

It's a shame WWECW was buried on Syfy and preceded the social-media explosion, it was a far better version of whatever the fuck NXMeme has been trying to be.
>>
They need to get back to having important things happen on the weekly shows, and not just saving everything for Takeovers.
>>
>>2195732
Lol no it wasn't.
>>
Nxt is a fucking falilure, everything that has come out of it is a failure, all nxt guys are bunch of geeks who pretend to be super heroes and think they're special, but in reality they are like autistic children's doing role play, remember during attitude era and ruthless aggression guys were rough and tough and had a badass personality, that is what people want to watch when they watch wrestling, not a bunch of homosexual geeks with face paint.
>>
>>2195742
18+
>>
>>2195633
Are they going to do a Jap stable on the main roster?

I could see it getting over. They have that Jap cruiserweight, Nakamura, and Asuka. Could be a pretty good stable... It just needs a mouthpiece
>>
lost the plot after 2014

zayn/neville was an actual storyline

ever since then it's been "WHAT IS [indie/TNA guy] DOING IN THE FULL SAIL ARENA" then a bunch of directionless matches
>>
>>2195763
I'm over 18 which is how I know that.
>>
>>2195780
I hope not. Fatsuka should never leave NXT
>>
>>2195790
What has NXT produced besides Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens (who are in the process of being ruined on the main roster)?

ECW had the perfect mix of strong, protected veterans and up-and-comers. It had a great Christian match every week. It produced Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, Sheamus, Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, and Zeke Jackson (before they were all ruined on the main roster).
>>
>>2195806
ECW produced a bunch of flops? Sounds a lot like NXT
>>
>>2195758
All I will say is this: billy gunn and Chuck palumbo
>>
It is no longer growing new talent.
>>
>>2195783
>ever since then it's been "WHAT IS [indie/TNA guy] DOING IN THE FULL SAIL ARENA" then a bunch of directionless matches
This. I got into NXT when this was happening and I watched it every week. Since then the only thing that has been good is the tag team division. Balor Vs. Joe feud was pretty shit after the first few matches, same with Shinsuke Vs. Joe. Roode is overrated, there's no story line, no scramble to be the No.1 contender, nothing.
>>
The fact they haven't pushed Elias Samson is exactly the kind of thing that is wrong with NXT. Instead of building 'NXT' guys they are heavily relying on indies / njpw guys. It's infuriating watching Elias Samson create genuine heat meanwhile vanilla boring af guys like Roderick strong and TM61 go over him. The fuck is the point??
>>
NXT was never over. The entrance music was over.
>>
Its a brand.
>>
File: absolutekek.jpg (21KB, 331x318px)
absolutekek.jpg
21KB, 331x318px
>>2195864
>>
>>2195683
Someone like Joe, who is a veteran, gives NXT legitimacey. That's the theory anyway.
>>
Zayn/Neville/Breeze/Kidd will never happen again at this rate

The reign of Bo Dallas will never happen again

Big E will never put anyone down for the five count again
>>
>>2195806
Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Like Harper, were all on NXT.
>>
>>2195631
>Lost Dusty
You don't realise how good Dusty was until you compare KO, Finn, Sami, Horsewomen to Authors of Pain, 2 aussie tarts, etc.
>>
I wish NXT was actually a full developmental brand.

Like for example, you can come up from NXT, but you cant really go back down. Why not?

It'd be interesting as fuck if you took someone who wasn't quite clicking on the main roster, and then be able to see them transform and experiment down in developmental.

Maybe it's just me, but i'd love a more behind the curtain approach like that. It's not like WWE even pretend about Kayfabe any more, so why not?
>>
>>2195903
Shut up ya cringy sperg. NXT is amazing ya just stoopid.
>>
>>2195903
Tyson, Cesaro, Ryder
>>
>>2195858
>What'sthe point?
The point is for haitch to get over, for fatty smarks to say "wow look how good nxt is! WWE is going to be great once vince dies!!!1!!" And the greatest irony is haitch made the same mistake Vince makes. Instead of pushing new talent like they both should, they rely on either part timers or indy gooks to carry the show.
Except haitch isn't drawing a dime, the cwc doesn't draw a dime, the uk manlet flipoff didn't draw a dime. The WWE will sink in 5 years under haitch and steff
>>
>>2195917
Cesaro didn't really get sent back down though did he? He just went there to beat up noobs.

But they should do that more often. Send an upper mid card guy down, have him get wins, send out someone they want to get more over like Elias Samson (but good) have them have a little feud. Then you don't have this stupid power gap between the headliners/ex-TNA guys and NXT's home grown guys.
>>
>>2195963
>>2195933
Go to /wooo/ with this cringy shit
>>
>>2195910
>>2195966
>sperging out this hard
wwe babie pls
>>
>>2195972
Literally no u response Kys autist
>>
Not even getting a (you) for that bbygurl. Bump the thread one more time for me
>>
>>2195626
Brought Crews and Corbin up a year too early. Both of them would be a staple of the NXT main event scene right now and Apollo might even have developed a personality.
>>
>>2195626
I just listened to the whole conference call and HHH didn't say that he was unhappy with it
>>
>>2195963
Not Cesaro and then you describe exactly what Cesaro did. Cesaro went down to fued with Sami, get Seth ready and to team up with Kass Ohno.
>>
>Vince steals all your kids and make them job on the main roster
>roster is semi-empty,
>popularity is no longer growing as it was last year

Yeah i'd be pretty mad, but he needs to call out Vince at this point
>>
>>2195626

Everyone who isn't a star from another company is a literal who?
>>
>>2196231
why? Vince is paying for EVERYTHING and so far NXT hasn't been profitable.
>>
>>2195882
They all made their name on the indie circuit except Bray and Roman
>>
>>2195864
THE ROAR OF THE
PEW
STOMP YOUR FEET TO THE
PEW
>>
>>2195903
They did that with Emma and she fucking killed it. Then they called her up and made her a jobber again
>>
The Zayn / Neville / Breeze / Kidd era was the peak of NXT. Anyone else agrees ?
>>
>>2195644

THANK YOU

NXT is the developmental territory. For wrestlers that need developing. In a sane company run by sane people, Samoa Joe, Nakamura, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, and even Eric Young would have done maybe a couple months of dark matches to adjust to the larger than average ring and debuted on TV straight on the main roster.

But this is a stupid company run by a psychotically stupid narcissist, who ruins everything he touches. So what little sanity remains is trying to prevent good talent from getting wasted on the main roster.

>>2195884

To be fair, KO, Finn, and Zayn were a LOT better than AoP and B&K before they ever came to NXT.

Though I'm sure Dusty would get more mileage out of guys like Swaguske and Roode than they are currently getting
>>
>>2196327
Only everybody
>>
>>2196330
>THANK YOU
gb2reddit
>>
File: 1468387041581.png (493KB, 873x804px)
1468387041581.png
493KB, 873x804px
>>2196332
good. I think that it all went downhill at the end of KO's reign. The monster heel Owens was fucking 10/10
>>
File: Adrian-Neville-In-The-Ring...jpg (98KB, 525x522px) Image search: [Google]
Adrian-Neville-In-The-Ring...jpg
98KB, 525x522px
>>2196327
The glory days, anon
>>
>>2195626

It all went downhill when Neville left. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>2196348
I wanted Neville to succeed so bad, me and a friend marked so hard when he almost won the WWE title on raw, then they stopped using him. His heel turn made me legit happy, I hope he keeps on being succesful in the 205
>>
It's a money sink and Gaytch is finally realizing smarks make up less than 10% of the audience. He's now discovering the elusive vocal minority, in the same way shillary supporters did when the boasted about the polls and then got BTFO by the election results the very same day.
>>
>>2196358
I still have hope he'll win the WWE belt in future. He's got great potential.

I'm loving what they're doing with him on 205, but hopefully they don't keep him in the containment division for too long.
>>
>>2196385
I have the same hopes anon. I think he's a legit total package, especially after this heel turn he showed a lot of charisma
>>
>>2195698
>IT
>IS
>NOT
>A
>FUCKING
>BRAND

It is though. I know its suppose to be developmental but its basically a wrestling brand for smarks and its the major competition for indieshits like ROH. Most the call-ups are turned to jobbers and most the call-ups doing well could have gone straight to main.
>>
The top two babyfaces can't even speak proper english

Everyone else is mediocre as fuck

The weekly show has always sucked dick
>>
NXT 2016 storylines:
-no homegrown talent main eventers/stars
-THE HOTTEST FREE AGENT IN WRESTLING IS HERE TO CHALLENGE FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP x10
>>
>>2195626
>almost 100 posts on some fake bullshit that never happened
>>
>>2195819

They had insane chemistry together, imo one of the best tag teams in the 2000s
>>
>>2196182
This. On the flipside though, many people would have said that Bliss was called up too early, and she's certainly stepped it up.
>>
>>2195626
I stopped watching since it started getting """""""""diva"""""" heavy
>>
Based Drifter now in a match at Takeover because Haitch realizes he needs an actual draw.
>>
>>2196339

>gb2reddit

gb2/b/
>>
>>2195963
Cesaro pulled double-duty for months.

>>2196330
All the guys you named aren't in NXT for learning.

>>2195644
The problem is that Vince is so capricious that it's impossible to have call-ups work properly: look at how American Alpha got fucked over after going from prospects to debut somewhere down the line to immediately getting drafted for the brand split, essentially aborting their championship reign.

>>2195683
Joe was a player-coach.

>>2195696
>implying pushing Based SeƱor Joe is a bad thing
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.