[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I stopped watching WWE from 2003 to 2016. Can someone tell me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

File: daniel-bryan-Yes-movement.jpg (121KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
daniel-bryan-Yes-movement.jpg
121KB, 1284x722px
I stopped watching WWE from 2003 to 2016. Can someone tell me what I need to watch on the Network to get an understanding of why Daniel Bryan is so over? The crowd goes apeshit for this guy and I don't understand why.
>>
>>2181598
>. Can someone tell me what I need to watch on the Network to get an understanding of why Daniel Bryan is so over

underdog that got fucked by the company for years
>>
>>2181598
maybe watch his matches?
>>
>>2181598
Summerslam 2012 and Wrestlemania 30
>>
>>2181606
>2012
Meant 13
>>
The short answer is that at the time, he might've been the best in-ring performer in the world, certainly the best in WWE, and he had a very unique kind of charisma. In a company where most promos felt extremely fake, something about Bryan felt very real.

Also, WWE kept trying to bury him, but it didn't work, it just pissed people off and made them cheer for him even harder until WWE finally gave in, so the moment where he did reach the top felt extremely cathartic.

I dunno exactly what you should watch but I guess start around when Team Hell No was formed, 'cause that's when he turned face. If you wanna go a bit earlier, you can see his feud with Punk.
>>
File: buncha puppets.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
buncha puppets.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>2181613
>WWE kept trying to bury him, but it didn't work, it just pissed people off and made them cheer for him even harder until WWE finally gave in, so the moment where he did reach the top felt extremely cathartic.

im fairly certain that was their intent all along
>>
>>2181598
Here's the lineage of the GOAT

2009-2011
>Vanilla midcarder but puts on good matches and eventually wins the MITB
Late 2011-Wrestlemania 28
>Cashes in MITB and turns heel, starts the yes chant to celebrate winning cheaply against big show etc. - gets over as an entertaining heel. AJ becomes his kayfabe girlfriend
>Good matches: Bryan vs Henry vs Show Royal Rumble, Bryan vs Show Smackdown, Elimination chamber 2012
Wrestlemania 28
>Has gotten over, crowd are eagerly anticipating his match with Sheamus
>Loses in 18 seconds, crowd is pissed off, Sheamus' face run becomes the first of many to die because of the GOAT
Wrestlemania 28-Wrestlemania 29 he has a run of excellent matches, great comedy segments with Kane
>Bryan vs Sheamus 2/3 falls
>CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan Over the Limit
>Bryan vs Kane summerslam
>Team Hell No and Ryback vs The shield
>Team Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars
>Team Hell No vs Rollins and Reigns
Post Wrestlemania 29-Summerslam
>Starts the weak link run
>literally has match of the year candidates every week to prove he's not the weak link
>gets over massively
>Bryan vs Cesaro
>Bryan vs Rybotch
>Bryan vs Orton no holds barred
>MITD 2013
>Bryan, Kane and Orton vs the Shield
Summerslam
>Over as fuck, beats John Cena clean for the title and is screwed by Haitch starting the authority storyline

He was already the most over guy before the authority storyline, then that happened and backstage tried to push him aside and the fans got really angry. Meanwhile DBry still had a variety of godlike matches and ended up main eventing WM XXX.
>>
>>2181624
Nah dude, they saw him as a #3 babyface. They never wanted him as a top guy. Punk leaving and the audience shitting on the Rumble finally forced their hand.

He might've gotten the belt here or there and gotten a decent little reign, but he was never gonna be the big star of WrestleMania like he did.

>>2181625
Jesus dude, why not spoil the whole thing for him.
>>
>>2181624
>im fairly certain that was their intent all along
hey vince
>>
Personally I think he ruined the business about as bad as one person can. He ruined Wrestlemania 30 and proceeded to have one of the worst title runs of all time, and the WWE has never recovered financially or creatively. He's awful.
>>
>>2181624
They made it seem that way but they originally had no intent of ever having him main event, let alone centering an entire mania around him. Best example is where they were trying to hype up Cena vs. Orton for the united world titles and brought out the entire roster plus Shawn Michaels, and the crowd just didn't give a fuck about anything in the segment and kept chanting for Bryan.
>>
File: TheGOAT.jpg (97KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
TheGOAT.jpg
97KB, 600x423px
>>2181636
Another anti-smark worked into a shoot by the GOAT

>>2181637
Haitch absolutely seething is hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsESZMBJhXw
>>
>>2181631
top kek
>>
File: 1464655984925.png (121KB, 268x292px) Image search: [Google]
1464655984925.png
121KB, 268x292px
I wasn't even watching WWE during his run and I even knew who he was because my MLB team used the Yes chant as a celebration. He was over as fuck.
>>
>>2181641
>goat
lol
>>
>>2181641
>Triple H tries to push on with his shitty promo
>Henry raises his hands
>Punk smiling like a jackass
>Even Miz, a heel, is amused
>Cena flawlessly works it into his promo
I never get tired of this.
>>
>>2181624
Hey Hunter, no it wasn't
>>
>>2181598
The chant and the look
>>
>>2181637
>They made it seem that way but they originally had no intent of ever having him main event

Yes they did, on camera. If they truly wanted to bury him it would be more off-camera sabotage rather than the evil commissioners trying to put him down on screen
>>
>>2181641
>HHH has gotta be SEETHING

KEK
>>
>>2181651
You really want to believe that, don't you. Vince has you in the palm of his hand, pulling your strings
>>
>>2181641
>1:36
TRIPLE GAY LITERALLY SEETHING
>>
>>2181653
m8, Bryan himself literally said that he was gonna be wrestling Sheamus in like the sixth match down the card at WM30.
>>
File: AWD.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AWD.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>2181656
YOU SEE ANON
>>
>>2181653
They didn't want to bury him, he was a good B+ player.

They said on TV exactly what they wanted from him - a good hand in the upper midcard. The fans wanted him to be the guy though.
>>
File: triple-h-promo.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
triple-h-promo.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>2181660
THE FACT OF THE MATTER... IS... NGEEE...
>>
>>2181644
Damn the chant was over. I remember Bryan coming out to a baseball game and maybe like 10 people knew who he was but once he started saying yes the crowd went with it. That's when I knew how over the chant was.
>>
>>2181662
YOU GOT WORKED INTO A SHOOT
>>
>>2181659
>getting this worked

oh boy
>>
>>2181661
They said on tv exactly what they wanted you to believe

buncha puppets
>>
>>2181663
>Baseball
Literally the Janetty of all the sports
>>
>>2181667
Damn, Vince got you good
>>
>>2181663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9MnRc2U4bA
They also had Yes Yes Yes shirts made at one point
>>
They didn't wanna bury Bryan because he was a draw and the crowd liked him. If you just killed the guy or took him off TV entirely, well, gee, what happened at the Royal Rumble when the fans didn't show up?

Aaand what happened at the Royal Rumble when Bryan was unceremoniously eliminated?

That's why they didn't just bury the dude. They wanted fans to accept him as a high midcard babyface, sorta the role Ziggler was in on SmackDown before he turned.
>>
>>2181659
It's kind of hilarious in a way.

For 2 years straight fans wanted a good Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan match at Mania with it being the one shining light in a pitiful looking Mania 27 card and with it looking like a sleeper match of the night among the Mania 28 card (and an apology for sending it to the dark match last year). Instead we got Rock phoning it in and being awful and 18 seconds.

And finally in the ONE year no one wants Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus at Mania is the year Vince wants to finally give them a proper Mania match.
>>
>>2181678
>Instead we got Rock phoning it in and being awful

Rock/Cena 1 is the only good match he had after his return and the crowd was hot as fuck
>>
>>2181682
I'm talking about Rock guest hosting Mania 27.

>WHEN I SAY WRESTLE YOU SAY MANIA
He was awful
>>
>>2181684
oh yeah I agree
>>
>>2181641
OP here, just watched this RAM. He's so over the fucking security guy has his neck turned and is chanting yes. Hilarious.
>>
>>2181716
At his peak, he was the most over guy since Stone Cold. It really was incredible. NOBODY breaks through all of WWE's bullshit to reach the audience on a level like that these days.
>>
>>2181641
>Miz amused
>Big Show smiling
>HBK playing into it
>Mark Henry loving it
>Rey can't help but smile
>Punk smirking like a mark
>Bret looks like he slightly grins
>Even Khali starts feeling the mood
>All commentators getting into the moment
The GOAT is truly a phenomenon, great clip
>>
File: James Ellis WWE 2K17 cover.png (2MB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
James Ellis WWE 2K17 cover.png
2MB, 845x1200px
James Ellis and Booker T murdering Bayley.
>>
>>2181624
The writers aren't that bright
>>
>>2181771
>haitch breaking kayfabe and looking pissed off

SEETHING
>>
>>2181802

>SEETHING
Yes we know. Cole even says so in the video.
>>
>>2181641
AN EPIC MOMENT IN TIME
A GAME CHANGING MOMENT IN TIME
>>
>>2181641
Bases Henry is a GOAT mark.
>>
>>2181641
I can't tell if Triple is more mad they're chanting over him, or that he's never gotten cheers like that
>>
Why the fuck did you come back?
>>
>>2181850
>won two main events that were shit and overshadowed by other matches
>got "you tapped out chants" when he was looking for the sympathy chants
>never the guy
>never drew a dime
>most memorable moments were jobbing to people who actually got over
>despite marrying the boss' daughter and constantly putting himself over people who are popular, he's never actually had a defining wrestlemania moment
Hunter probably hasn't slept in about 14 years.
>>
>all these "they tried to bury him" smark
Wow, get your head out of your ass with your hateboner for the company. Bryan was always going to be a top guy. He was heavily vetted by both Michaels and Haitch. The pair up with Kane was to adapt him to the WWE style, and he did great. Mania was supposed to be about Batista winning the belt, and then dropping it to Bryan when he left. Otherwise, there'd be no story left for Batista after Mania until his contract expired. He was supposed to be a monster heel and Bryan a monster face.
>>
>>2181868
Hey Hunter
>>
>Why was Bryan Danielson over

From his start he was an indy faggot

Then he
>Hit Weights
>Grew Beard
>Got a clue
>And at some point him and AJ had sex

What more can you want?
>>
>>2181874
>man of thousand moves
>special is a running knee
>signature move is a series of kick
Why does WWE ruin everything
>>
>>2181874
thanks faggot, im literally crying right now because ill never have sex with AJ
>>
>>2181878
>tfw AJ will never shove his entire phenomenal forearm up your ass
>>
>>2181912
AJ Lee, bro
>>
File: IMG_20160911_214649.jpg (87KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160911_214649.jpg
87KB, 600x400px
>>2181938
Wrong
>>
>>2181862
>he's never actually had a defining wrestlemania moment
desu the closest is probably his entrance at WM30. That was some high concept shit.
>>
File: the state of the seacucks.jpg (457KB, 1911x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the state of the seacucks.jpg
457KB, 1911x1080px
>>2181641
>Seacucks fans like Bryan
>>
>>2182233
He's from Aberdeen, Washington and that Raw was in Seattle. I know you're a brainless invalid but I would hope you at least know how to use Google.
>>
>>2182237
What does that have to do with my post
>>
>>2182233
He's from Washington state
>>
>>2182266
He's still a Seacucks fan
also
>implying i care to know the location of some random RAM from 4 years ago
>>
>>2181598
Crowd just fell for the guy, shit happens. Remember the same happened with Austin who was a heel that fans started to love. Sometimes fans just get behind a guy. The problem was that WWE for reasons didn't want to push Bryan as the top guy. Even though it was clear he was the most over guy in the company.
>>
His chant. That's it. That's why he was over.
>>
>>2182301
this
>>
>>2182297
The funny thing is they're so fucking bad at building babyfaces, a real push for Bryan probably would've been awful.
>>
>>2182301
Then they should give it to Roman, because he needs it!
>>
>>2181684
Good lord that is cringe ...... I forgot he said that
>>
>>2181598

I'm sure you got your answer somewhere in this thread but I'll try to do it anyway in summary.

>top tier wrestler in the world, but an indy guy.
>goes to wwe
>immediately becomes most liked guy in nxt
>nexus storyline potentially launches him
>gets fired out of fucking nowhere for something stupid
>internet gets insanely butthurt over it
>they bring him back
>internet goes nuts
>has decent midcard title runs after beating his nemesis, the miz
>after being best performer on the roster for a long time, gets world title run
>turns heel
>becomes insanely entertaining heel with catchphrases and delusions of grandeur
>loses in 18 seconds at wrestlemania
>internet goes apeshit over how stupid it was
>between the firing and the 18 seconds and the midcard hell, internet starting to loathe vince/wwe for his spot despite the world title run
>cm punk who is on top of the world decides to quit and they need someone to fill the spot
>they hint that they're bringing back mastodon batista for that spot
>internet gets insanely pissed
>start hijacking shows with YES chants
>end up giving fans what they want
>it ends up being the right choice, biggest pop in ages, biggest story in ages, biggest wrestlemania moment in ages

The dude earned everything he got by being awesome and the fans gave him shit loads of love for it. It's just that simple.

A lot of the stuff in his storylines and him being buried and all that was HHH working smarks into a shoot but for the most part that's how it went.
>>
>>2181598
He was never over, the yes chants were over (as proven by other people exploiting them later)
>>
>>2182336
>it ends up being the right choice
if the goal was to not make any money
>>
>>2182336
>cm punk who is on top of the world decides to quit and they need someone to fill the spot
>they hint that they're bringing back mastodon batista for that spot
Not exactly, Punk quit after Batista had already come back and won the Rumble as a babyface. To hear him tell it, Batista winning the Rumble was the straw that broke Punk's back.

Figuratively. It had already been literally broken for quite some time before that.
>>
>>2181598
Ironic millennial like to have fun and be ironic
>>
>>2182351
And now he literally has no back..... so is he going to fight in ufc again or return to wrestling or become a NEXT like me?
>>
>>2182377
I meant NEET
>>
>>2181641
>Rey trying to rub some of Bryan's overness on to himself
top kek
>>
>>2181625
Also invest in Bryan's feud with Wyatt and the cage match. Hype as fuck. I was there that night too, good God...
>>
>>2181598
I found Orton's Legend Killer phase fantastic, personally.

His 2012-14 run was great as well
>>
>>2181598
Bc he's a little dork like most wrestling fans
>>2182527
this
>>
>>2182336
Don't forget that WWE never believed in him and Vince (potentially) bribed WWE doctors not to clear him.

Reminder that the ONLY doctors not to clear Bryan for active competition were the WWE doctor and his subordinate. Every third party doctor he visited claimed there was no risk of lasting damage from his last concussion.

Hell, I think part of why he was brought back for the commissioner job was so WWE doesn't lose him to NJPW or TNA.
>>
File: 148492073431.jpg (192KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
148492073431.jpg
192KB, 800x609px
>>2181912
A man can dream
>>
>>2181868
Just listen to cole bury the everloving fuck out of bryan on commentary anytime in 2011 and you'll know this isnt the case.
>>
>>2181624
his original WM plan wrestling Sheamus
>>
>>2182377
He wants to fight in UFC again, UFC's said nothing one way or the other. Dunno if he'll go to another org or just retire if he can't get a UFC fight.
>>
Watch all his segments with Kane as team hell no
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.