[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The State of Hulk Hogans drawing power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1485193380847.jpg (15KB, 350x355px) Image search: [Google]
1485193380847.jpg
15KB, 350x355px
Dave Meltzer on Hulk Hogan's drawing power

>Hogan was a big draw for more years than Austin. But Austin's grosses were so huge that his few years were bigger than all of Hogan's put together. The profit margin in Austin's best year was more than the total profit margin, in fact, significantly more, between 1984 and 1992, which was the entire Hogan WWE era. Just so this isn't misinterpreted. WWF profits from 1984-92 were about $40-45 million total. Best single year was $6 million. Profits were never less than $56 million each year from 98-99 through 00-01.

>Hogan's coming didn't turn WCW around. Nitro did and a roster that had more star power than any roster in history. In WCW's best year and hottest period, Goldberg was the draw. When WCW was doing those 30,000 fan Nitros, Hogan was doing one of his retirements and the company was doing its biggest house show business ever without him.

>Hogan didn't draw that well at house shows in WCW until the entire company itself was on fire, and then they were drawing with him and without him. Hogan was never close to the man when it came to WCW's big period of ratings. Goldberg and Flair moved the audience the most consistently. Hogan was good, but he was second tier with Savage.

>In WWE, his first 2-3 PPVs and first TV appearances did great for the nostalgic return. Check the ratings that year. They died after a while. I remember the week, there was a Hogan interview shortly after he'd won the title where the audience tuned out in droves. They had to get the belt from him.
>>
>Goldberg and Flair
>Flair

Fucking kek
>>
>>2181443
>Dave Meltz-

stopped reading right there
>>
>>2181447
Literally autistic or no reading comprehension at all
>>
>>2181447
>GOAT
>Acronym
>Greatest Of All Time

>The above post more than contradicts this

>18+ Only
>>
>>2181477
>>2181471

You're hero has more botches than the Divas roster
>>
>>2181489
>You're hero

you botched that one
>>
Hoganetty BTFO
>>
I mean, 45 million dollars in late 80s, early 90s money is still pretty fucking good.
>>
>>2181527
even if you adjust by inflation the attitude era >>>>>>Hulkamania era
>>
File: hollywood.jpg (180KB, 610x471px) Image search: [Google]
hollywood.jpg
180KB, 610x471px
REMINDER

Hogan
>face of hulkamania
>basically the reason Wrestlemania exists today
>top guy in WWF
>top guy in WCW
>revolutionised the business with the nWo, started the attitude era
>returned to WWE and was top guy straight away
>never in the midcard
>still the most recognisable wrestler ever

Rock
>highest grossing top guy of all time in 2000
>was a bigger star than Austin in his prime
>highest grossing hollywood actor in the world today
>drew the highest buyrate of any Wrestlemania ever at wrestlemania 28
>despite being a much beloved face, still turned heel and got everyone against him showing how based he is
>never afraid of putting people over - put the fucking hurricane over
>despite putting people over and helping build the business, was always in the main event picture.

Stevetty
>jobber in WCW
>spent four years as a midcarder in WWE
>drew big in 1998 - only really because Hogan and the nWo created the right situation for him
>injury prone
>outdrawn by the Rock
>terrified of losing his spot - didn't do business with hogan or lesnar
>unlike Rock who was a GOAT heel or Hogan who changed the business with his heel turn, Stevetty's heel turn killed the attitude era
>only one out of himself, Rock and Hogan to be sent back to the midcard to feud with the likes of Big Show and Scott Hall
>got worked so hard by Hogan and his new status as a midcarder that he took his ball and went home like a crybaby
>not recognisable at all today - only one of the three who has to leech of WWE and do podcasts to get paid. Even Cena is more well known.

Try and refute this, stevecucks.
>>
>it's another Austin and Hogan mark war thread where they ignore The Rock who is now bigger and richer than both of them combined

Never fails to make me laugh
>>
>>2181443
Hey Steve

>>2181576
Hey Terry

>>2181581
Hey Dwayne
>>
>>2181581
the only people who like the rock are women and black teenagers
>>
>>2181585
Hey

*rips off mask*

PROFESSOR HYDE WHITE?!
>>
>>2181621
gotta learn da computahs
>>
>>2181550
I'm not arguing that, I'm just saying, it's still more money than any of us will ever see in our lives, so arguing over who made Vince more money is kinda silly?
>>
>>2181576
Dont forget that Hogan buried Cuckwker
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.