[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: wrestlers who are directly responsible for the nu-era

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: edge.jpg (60KB, 600x674px) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
60KB, 600x674px
ITT: wrestlers who are directly responsible for the nu-era
>>
>>2175895
explain
>>
File: Triple H Criminal.jpg (376KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Triple H Criminal.jpg
376KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>2175896

>no gimmick
>boring look
>generic name
>awfuls torylines
>video game CAW "I'LL JUST DO ALL THE MOVES AND IT'LL BE GREAT!" moveset
>tons of in-ring ability
>all promos are meme humor
>would have been a terminal midcarder in any other era
>never drew a dime

Might as well be The Patron Saint of NXT
>>
>>2175902
>being this worked
>>
>>2175897
this, Gaytch drove away about 1.5 million viewers from mid 2002-early 2005

and no the ratings didn't just go down because the boom ended. Go look at 2002s ratings, at the beginning of the year they were always in the high 4s and even got some 5s and by the end they were in the low-mid 3's. Coincidentally this was the same time RAW became the Triple H show and Bischoff literally handed him a belt
>>
>>2175895
GOAT
>>
>>2175914

Edge is literally: Hey, what if Chris Jericho was a 6/10 instead of a 10/10?
>>
>>2175897
>>2175909
HHH killed wrestling
>>
>>2175915
>4/10
Corrected that for you
>>
>>2175895
Edge is up there with Eddie Guerrero as the most over rated people ever for me. The world of wrestling would be a better place if niether won the world title.
>>
>>2175915
jericho isn't even close to a 10/10. that manlet shill flopped hard as undisputed champion.
>>
Anyone watching in the late 2000's knows Edge was finished as soon as the Punk pushed began. It triggers /asp/ but when Punk starting to gain traction it was like, "So THIS is what a wrestler with charisma looks like..." That was something completely missing since the Attitude greats left and HHH began booking himself as the king of the universe.
>>
Edge is 6'6", nearly 250 pounds, not even close to an indie manlet. Plus his heel gimmick was basically trying to figure out ways to never actually have to wrestle a match, also not compatible with the "in ring ability" you mention. Edge was one of the last of a dying breed this post is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>2175902
>never drew a dime

nigga he carried Smackdown during his run
>>
>>2175914
This. Edge is the greatest wrestler of all time. Never had a dull moment after he found his groove
>>
>>2175902
>Being Wrong: The Post
>>
>>2175987
he's billed at 6'5" which means he's probably 6'2"
>>
>>2175902
>never drew a dime
>implying he did not carry undercarder
>>
>>2176046
Edge was tall, this isn't debatable
>>
>>2175902
>no gimmick
Ultimate Opportunist
Rated R Superstar was an actual gimmick before PG when he did his live sex shit
>Boring look
He looks like a slimy heel so it's perfect
>Generic name
So are most of the WWE names
>awful storylines
Was the best heel from 2005-2009 in WWE
>Video game CAW moveset
WORKED
>Tons of in-ring ability
implying this is bad
>all promos are meme humor
the attitude era was full of meme humor and his heel run onwards was actually good like when he BTFO DX for 6 months straight
worked
>never drew a dime
Carried taketty, carried smackdown, drew the highest rating on RAW (a 5.2) in about 3 years, even beating Batista's wrestlemania signing

Stop embarrassing yourself Mark.
>>
>>2176114
autism
>>
>>2176009
>Edge carried smackdown
Batista carried smackdown. SD died once he handed it over to edge.
>>
I found him extremely boring to watch and his spear looked like it did nothing
>>
>>2175902

Well, he was in the Attitude era. Edge and Christian were jobbing for actually over guys like BoD for years.
>>
>>2175987
>believing wrestler's billed height and weight

I bet you think Batista really is 6'7, too.
>>
>>2175902
>tons of in-ring ability

Troll better.
>>
>>2175895
how to fix it:
>>2178498
>>
>>2175902
damn this is all true. i never understood how this skinny midget was a credible champ.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.