[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all seriousness, Edge was truly the last great champion. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

File: Edge.jpg (60KB, 452x408px) Image search: [Google]
Edge.jpg
60KB, 452x408px
In all seriousness, Edge was truly the last great champion. He was no Hulk Hogan or SCSA, but he's someone you had to respect. He put his time in, paid his dues, was a good worker, a good promo, and had a cool theme and entrance. Not amazing, but solid. Some say the business died when Austin turned heel at WM17, some say it was JBL's run, others think it was LOL Cena wins. But really what put the final nail in the coffin was ushering in the overly scripted PG era and the retirement of the last great champion we'd ever see.
>>
>overly-scripted promos began in 2002
>PG began in 2007-2008
>Edge retired in 2011

We have a GOAT Champ (that runs the camp) right now OP
>>
>>2154909
He was good in like 05-07 but you have to admit this guy flopped hard in 2008 with all that vickie guerrero shit. But you're right about the pg era being the final nail in the coffin.
>>
wwe died when botch lesnar made his debut.
>>
>>2154916
2008 is when it went to shit. AJ styles blows.
>>
Thats not Based CM Punk
>>
File: RAW_1156_Photo_194-893926714.jpg (247KB, 642x722px) Image search: [Google]
RAW_1156_Photo_194-893926714.jpg
247KB, 642x722px
>>2154916
it started in late 2009

aj ok is but look who is holding the belt on raw. just fucking look at him.
>>
>>2154923
>AJ styles blows.

He's a better wrestler pushing 40 than Edge was in his 20s.

Also, he actually went over John clean.
>>
>>2154909
>Carried smackdown
>Carried undercarder
>Cena's all time greatest rival
>11 time champ
>Always the top heel
>never the guy but always the guy who worked with the guy
>always put people over
GOAT
>>
>>2154930
only retards care about in ring skills you autistic neckbeard
>>
>>2154940
>I watch it for the PLOT
>>
>>2154953
anyone with a brain does
>>
>>2154967
>watching any wrestling
>especially fucking WWE
>for the "storylines" over in-ring

maximum pleb
>>
>>2154971
Im not saying the storylines are good you disgusting neckbeard. WWE is at an all time low but any one who watches wrestling for fake acrobatics is clearly mentally challenged when you know it's just two sweaty oiled up queers in speedoes doing SCRIPTED dance moves. kill yourself
>>
>>2154975
>fake acrobatics
How can anyone be this ignorant?
>>
>>2154923
>he's better because he was scripted to beat someone
The state of AJetty cucks
>>
>>2154926
Edge humiliated CM Punk in an interview in the nicest way possible
>>
>>2154975
>doing SCRIPTED dance moves

As opposed to the "storylines"?

You dumb fucking mark.
>>
>some people say it died with JBL

What? His carried SD for months and had solid feuds and was booked interestingly. Good on the mic and while not a fantastic worker, he was great in brawls which most of his title defenses were.

For a character that was originally going to be a face, who was only given the belt initially because stress and pressure were getting to Eddie, he did an amazing job.
>>
>>2155007
>JBL was originally going to be a face

WHAT
>>
>>2155015
Apparently, but with Beeg hurt, Lesnar leaving, Eddie needed an opponent.
>>
>>2155048
I just can't understand how that gimmick could possibly be considered babyf-

>Vince McMahon

Oh right.
>>
>>2155007
Dude. JBL is notorious for tanking smackdown ratings and being a shit draw.
>>
>>2155004
You stupid fucking retard. A storyline being fake is completely different from a fight being fake. It's a supposed to be entertainment so a fake story is understandable but dancing around a ring like idiots doing kicks and flips while pretending to fight is the dumbest shit ever. Not to mention incredibly boring to watch. Only filthy smelly autistic neckbeards think that shit is cool.
>>
>>2154997
Im not impressed by some manlet jumping from a rope and doing a flip and landing on some guy. Pro wrestling is supposed to be entertainment you sweaty neckbeard retard. This trash is not fucking entertaining. If you like flips and kicks performed by short sweaty men pretending to fight who cant cut a promo then go to the circus.
>>
>>2155105
>>2155113
>the utter fucking state of /wwe/ babbies
>>
>>2155128
Go watch your outlaw bullshit then. Just don't bring that indie shit over to a real pro wrestling company like wwe. The indies are the indies for a reason. Because no one watches them. The only thing that made wwe so successful was doing what the indies didn't do which is have cool bad ass larger than life characters and storylines and boy has it fallen a long way since those days. wwe is basically an indie fed now anyway thanks to you smelly neckbeards so hope you're happy. You killed wrestling.
>>
>>2154909
Edge was a midcarder masquerading as something more
>>
>>2155144
WWE isn't even a pro wrestling company.

>WWE mark this mad he can't whack off to WBF rejects anymore

ROH literally has better stories than WWE.

Suck it, mark.
>>
>>2155144
Kek have sex you seething teenager
>>
>>2155151
>worthless greasy smelly neckbeard has run out of ammo and resorts to childish meme insults
>>
>>2155149
>ROH literally has better stories than WWE.
Why don't you give an example of a current on going storyline in your lame indie fed that is actually entertaining? Also a storyline doesn't define the wrestlers. The wrestlers define the storyline. So even if it's a cool well written entertaining storyline but the wrestlers are some fat neckbeards who cant cut a promo then the whole thing will flop.
>>
File: FacialAbuse.gif (954KB, 480x266px) Image search: [Google]
FacialAbuse.gif
954KB, 480x266px
>>2155162
>this complete and utter lack of perspective
>>
>>2155177
go back to /r/squaredcircle you stupid worthless filthy greasy disgusting smelly neckbeard cuck
>>
File: Something4U.gif (2MB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
Something4U.gif
2MB, 245x320px
>>2155174
ROH just headlined their biggest show of the year with a grudge match from a feud that goes all the way back to 2010.

>fat neckbeards

nah you're thinking of RAM's Galactic Champion

>>2155192
>plebbit

I don't post there anon. But you seem to know a lot about it.
>>
>>2155204
What's the event's name? What are the wrestlers involved in the storyline's name? And how does ROH work? Is there some weekly television show to further storylines like raw/smackdown?
>>
>>2155215
Final Battle

It was the main event with Based Kyle O'Reilly and SEXY ADAM COLE BAYBAY

>And how does ROH work? Is there some weekly television show

Yes.

>/wwe/ memers know this little about pro wrestling
>>
>>2155220
>two quick google searches reveal that both wrestlers are neckbeards
>two youtube videos reveal these amatures cant cut a promo to save their life

Give it a rest dude how is this shit any different from current wwe trash? Also do they even do in ring promos on their weekly tv show or is the entire show just a bunch of "EPIC 5 STAR MATCHES" as you neckbeards like to say?
>>
>>2155252
Just stop lad.

>Adam Cole can't cut a promo
>either Future Shock guy a "neckbeard"

Oh, but you did a quick Google. We have an expert here.

>amatures

kek

>they can't cut a promo

tater tots bbygrrrl
>>
>>2155268
nothing seems interesting or cool about adam cole
>>
>>2155268
your indie fed sucks dude
>>
>>2155192
Mad as fuck kek
>>
>>2155268
Im watching shit from ROH right now all the wrestlers look and sound like normal people. Nothing cool or bad ass about these retards. You just like them because of their "in ring" skills which is trash.
>>
>>2155294
hang yourself
>>
>>2155284
>nothing seems cool about a heel whose gimmick is "obnoxious dickhead who thinks he's the shit"

worked

>>2155291
C'mon. That all you got? Outta steam already?

>>2155304
>look and sound like normal people

I'd like to know where you live that somebody as pretty as Cole is "normal".

Or Dalton Castle.
>>
>>2155314
>as pretty as cole
you gay or something lol
>>
>>2155314
He doesn't look good and being an obnoxious idiot doesn't make someone cool or bad ass. Kevin Owens is an obnoxious idiot so he must be cool according to you.
>>
>>2155318
>getting worked this fucking easily

You're not even making this difficult for me.
>>
>>2155326
he literally looks like an average guy dude
>>
>>2155324
>and being an obnoxious idiot doesn't make someone cool or bad ass.

Why, it's like he's some kind of heel!

>>2155336
>Cole doesn't look good

Outright denial.
>>
>>2155338
lol You're such a fucking retard what do you mean he's a fucking heel? Being a good heel means he wants me to watch him lose but all he does when i hear him talk is make me want to turn the whole thing off which is exactly what owens does. And there is definitely nothing special about cole's look.
>>
>>2155349
he makes me want to watch him lose*
>>
>>2155349
Why would a heel be "cool" or "bad ass"? Are you 12?

>>2155352
*tips hammer*
>>
>>2155379
you stupid fucking retard all wrestlers need to be somewhat cool or badass (regardless if face or heel) to get people interested in watching the fucking product you stupid neckbeard fuck
>>
>>2155398
>even heels need to be cool or badass

The utter fucking state of this 12 year-old.
>>
>>2155379
What the fuck do any of these roh idiots have to offer beside flippy in ring shit and kicks? Not a damn thing. None of them can talk for shit and they all look like a bunch of average joes. The only thing you like about them is the fact they are good in the ring which means your entire perspective of what makes good wrestling is skewed so there's no point trying to convince me to like something from your idiotic perspective.
>>
>>2155077
That's Eddetty's fault. Heels aren't meant to draw.
>>
>>2155405
Well like i said owens is just as obnoxious and cringy on the mic as this cole retard so according to you owens must be a good heel too right?
>>
>>2155407
You already posted this but I guess you enjoy being wrong twice?

>which means your entire perspective of what makes good wrestling is skewed so there's no point trying to convince me to like something

Well your strawman is half-right...

>>2155410
Eddie left the main event by Fall. The rest of JBL's interminable reign was all on him.
>>
>>2155405
If you actually think a heel that makes you wanna turn the whole show off is actually a good heel then you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>2155411
>owens is just as obnoxious and cringy on the mic

Worked so hard.
>>
>>2155416
How am i wrong retard?
>>
>>2155425
shut the fuck up you filthy neckbeard you don't know a damn thing about wrestling go watch your flippy shit and fuck off
>>
>>2155426
Oi lad, I said you were half-right.

(The other half is amazing projected hypocrisy.)
>>
>>2155431
what's the other half?
>>
>>2155434
Amazing projected hypocrisy.

Can't you read?
>>
>>2155437
what did i say you idiot
>>
>>2155441
You don't even know what you said?

Worse than I originally thought!
>>
>>2155443
im not gonna go back and read an entire post to try and find a word i dropped here or there that leads you to believe im being a hypocrite when you can just tell me wtf i said that makes you think that and why im wrong you fucking asshole
>>
>>2155443
you don'teven know what you're talking about dude you just keep saying shit out of your ass and saying WORKED WORKED hang yourself you filthy neckbeard
>>
>70 posts
>13 IPs

/asp/ is dead
>>
>>2155113
Wrestling is the circus...
>>
>>2155532
it was supposed to be a thread about edge but 2 sperglords had a battle of lack of wits about unrelated shit
>>
>>2155455
>>2155465
kek what a jabroni

You worked yourself
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.