[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Matches you love that aren't renowned 5 star classics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
ITT: Matches you love that aren't renowned 5 star classics
Pic related, it's Mick Foley and Edge vs Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk from One Night Stand 2006.
>>
Hulk Hogan vs The Rock at Mania is seriously one of my favorite matches ever.
>>
File: images (23).jpg (24KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (23).jpg
24KB, 470x313px
IMHO the best MITB match of all time and maybe the best ladder match since TLC 2
>>
>>2151850
That's somehow NOT a 5-star classic? Isn't it one of the most popular PPV's of all time?
>>
>>2151852
the ladder stacking was kinda contrived and goofy, but I have to agree. God damn this was a good match. It involved other feuds and actually had an impact on the main event of the show. More gimmick payperview matches should look to MITB 2016 for inspiration on how to do things right.
>>
>>2151855
Also had an absolutely AMAZING promo package
https://youtu.be/n-FNg2gRBhU
>>
File: image.png (317KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
317KB, 576x384px
>>2151835
CM Punk vs William Regal from 2009 Raw.
>>
the Undertaker vs Beeg Punjabi prison match
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 683x384px
This was a rare gem from Superstars. It was a pretty alright match.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6TTQNo1sho

Not a great actual match by any means, but it was just brilliant.
>eddie being a cock conniving cowardly fuck
>austin being based back when wwe knew how to book babyfaces
>crowd being hot all the way through a fun, short match
>>
File: U-uca[1].png (95KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
U-uca[1].png
95KB, 320x214px
Not just underrated, but probably forgotten.
>>
File: IMG_0867.jpg (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0867.jpg
15KB, 300x168px
>>
>>2151854
not at all, PPV was completely forgettable besides that match
>>
>>2152561
>not 5 stars
It checks out
>>
>>2152570
It's a shame, the quality of the matches was consistently quite good. Tag title match, Kane-Angle, DDP-CaptainCuck. Good wrestling. But they were all shoddily put together very shortly before the event. Mostly no buildup, no compelling storyline, no consequences. Only Rock-Hogan was compelling, and even that didn't actually manifest until they were standing nose-to-nose in the ring, because even in the buildup no one anticipated DAT atmosphere.

The main event had a little buildup but it was obv terrible booking, undeservedly giving Trips the belt as a forced babyface, turning yet another Mania main event into a McMahon family drama, and turning the first ever undisputed champ into a third wheel in his own title run.
>>
>>2151835
ITT: I want my shit taste to be validated
>>
File: 67.jpg (57KB, 620x386px) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
57KB, 620x386px
I don't know or even care if this is regarded as 5 stars, but this is seriously one of my favorite matches of all time.

Austin vs Triple H. Three stages of hell.
>>
File: nxttakeoverlondon.jpg (51KB, 506x336px) Image search: [Google]
nxttakeoverlondon.jpg
51KB, 506x336px
>>2151835
>>2151835
>>
Miz vs Dolph Ziggler at TLC this year

shit was awesome
>>
Angle vs benoit at Wrestlemania 17
Angle vs Shawn Micheals (wrestlemania 20 I think)
>>
>>2153406
>Angle vs benoit at Wrestlemania 17
yep, definitely a good un, people forget about it though because of their later matches, and the main event that night

>Angle vs Shawn Micheals (wrestlemania 20 I think)
21, but I think most people already do regard that as a 5* match. It was intense.
>>
>>2151835
cena vs umaga
>>
>>2153381
rly?
>>
>>2153512
not it was just finisher spam and false finishes x100
>>
>>2151865
Now if that were a PPV for glorious dimes it would have been some 5-star shit.
>>
>>2151865
Austin was truly a terrible wrestler
>>
Unforgiven 2008 WHC scramble
>>
>>2151861
Why is the champion on superstars? Isn't it for jobbers?
>>
>>2153406
Any match with Angle and Benoit may as well be regarded as a five star classic.
>>
Dudley boyz vs balls Mahoney and spike Dudley at heatwave. Nuclear heat and good spots
>>
>>2153360
Best match on that ppv
>>
>>2153602
Y2Jobber.
>>
Wait, you guys actually watch the matches? It's fake, you just need to know who won or lost.
>>
>>2151835
Michaels vs. Jericho WM XIX
>>
>>2151835
2001 Rumble, Jericho vs Benoit ladder match for the IC title. Can't remember the last time I'd seen two guys get that inventive with a ladder.

Either that or the double pinfall match with Jericho, Benoit and Angle for the IC and Euro titles, can't remember where/when it was.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.