[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who was the biggest draw of the 80s/early 90s not named Hogan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

>>
Warrior didn't draw on house shows.

>André
>Piper
>Savage
>>
Andre
>>
>>2148911
Warrior drew insane merch globally. I'm sure that more than balances the house show ticket stubs.

For attendances, it was most likely Andre or Flair.
>>
>>2149119
>Warrior drew insane merch globally.

Drawing merch "globally" in early 90s WWF isn't exactly reaching very far.
>>
>>2149129
No way are you 18+.

WWF was literally one of THE most mainstream brands / "sports" 90-93 in UK, Germany, Canada.

Video games, action figures, magazines, lunchboxes, weird inflatable punchbags, pillows, eye masks, plush toys. That was all standard junk on kids' christmas lists. Even kids who didn't watch knew exactly who/what Hulk, Warrior, Andre, Piper, Savage were.

Now I don't think 90s merch sales equal Y2k+ merch sales, but I do think 90s merch sales > the ticket sales of a bingo hall in Buttfuck, Nebraska, which was the point I was saying.
>>
>>2149174
That's 3 countries compared to the dozens it has now.

House show ticket sales were and are more important than merch sales.

Don't overstate your importance Eurotrash.
>>
>>2149174
That's 3 countries. No one cared about wwe world wide until the attitude era.
>>
>>2149188
I literally pre-empted that in my previous post:
>Now I don't think 90s merch sales equal Y2k+ merch sales

>>2149188
>>2149193
WWF was massive overseas, sold shitloads of merch, and the international market was considered not just important, but absolutely vital. If not, explain this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SummerSlam_(1992)

one of the Crown Jewels of the WWF calendar, sent overseas, and coming back with one of the top 3 attendances of all time.

This is not, however, a thread about US v Euro. It is about drawing dimes. And Ultimate Warrior sold literal mountains of plastic junk to children in those years.
>>
>>2149193
WWE didn't even have a truly huge global presence until like the mid-2000s

>>2149227
Your entire argument is based off conjecture that:

>Warrior sold merch in large amounts
>Warrior sold merch in large amounts that offset his dismal house shows that literally caused the entire roster to get paycuts
>>
>>2149242
Not sure how true this is.
I watched wwf in pakistan during the attitude era.
>>
>>2149251
It's not in the least bit true.

>>2149242
You're using the word "conjecture" incorrectly there, based off the fact I didn't source my claims. Which, I should add, I didn't bother doing because I thought people here would know enough about wrestling history to already be aware of how much Warrior was banking in those years.
>>
>>2149268
So basically what you're saying is you're totally right because you say so?

WWF made less money and paid their guys less when Warrior was THE Guy. That's a verifiable fact.
>>
>>2149292
Warrior was banking $1.3mn in 1991. That's largely from his cut of the gate and merch:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2015/04/08/remembering-the-ultimate-warriors-tumultuous-history-with-wwe/2/#bd88d8f7e787

Warrior was still drawing in 2014 - basically from the moment WWE began re-selling his shit:
http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-merchandise-sales-reveal-companys-top-stars?page=1

Nobody tries to argue Warrior wasn't bank in the early 90s, unless they are clueless to what the business looked like back then because they're too young to have seen it at the time.
>>
>>2149348
>forbes
>WhatCulture

Lad.

>unless they are clueless to what the business looked like back then because they're too young to have seen it at the time.

M8 I guarantee your birth year is 199X at the absolute earliest.
>>
>>2149367
How much bitcoin are you willing to stump up for that 90s baby wager you're proposing?

>attacking the source, not the content.
You're on 4chan, mate.
>>
for the 80s le meltz has hogan first and flair second
>>
File: 20000319_uncensored_USE.jpg (75KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
20000319_uncensored_USE.jpg
75KB, 1200x675px
>>2149574
flair was always a B to Hogan's A
>>
As popular as Warrior was he wasnt actually much of a draw
>>
>>2149589
Id say that was macho manlet, not flair
>>
>>2149630
6 foot 1 is not a manlet
>>
>>2149641
>billed heights
>>
>>2149630
you're right, flair was more like a C
>>
>it's a Cucknadian crowd
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.