[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about New Japan and WWE.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

File: njpwwwe.jpg (11KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
njpwwwe.jpg
11KB, 280x180px
The next few weeks will definitely be interesting ones. NJPW has just declared war on WWE, NJPW's owner has made it blatantly obvious that they want a piece of the American marker. To those unaware, NJPW will be running several shows on American soil, they will run several G1 Climax shows in Los Angeles this summer. Now on paper, this seems like a laughable attempt. Big Bucks Vince should easily whip NJPW out of existence and continue their monopoly on the wrestling market. So why are they so intimidated? Kenny Omega. Coming off of a fantastic, 6-star Wrestlekingdom 11 performance in what is widely considered by many as the greatest professional wrestling match of all time, Kenny Omega has become a phenomenal name.

Now, WWE is approximately 20 times the size of NJPW but it's clear as day that they're a little shook, with WWE expressing ENORMOUS interest in signing Omega to an exclusive contract, WWE wrestlers live tweeting and congratulating Kenny and Okada on their masterpiece, John Cena, almost coming off as desperate hinting and posting a number of references to Omega on his Instagram which would indicate he hasn't signed but they badly want him.

In response, WWE has also announced a Spanish and Asian tournament, much like the UK one and you can be damn sure they want to stomp out and control the Japanese wrestling scene. For all intents and purposes, although small, NJPW is expanding rapidly while WWE is certainly waning. New Japan must strike NOW if they want a chance to compete, with undeniable talent like Tetsuya Naito, Tanahashi, Okada and the rest of the excellent Jr. Heavyweights.

They NEED to put the title on Omega before the shows in Los Angeles if they want a chance. He definitely has the potential to be THE guy who makes wrestling interesting again, bridging a gap between English and Japanese. In what'll no doubt be a stacked show with wrestlers from promotions such as TNA, ROH, PWG in front of a raucous, sold out crowd, the time to strike is now.
>>
File: ourguy.jpg (26KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
ourguy.jpg
26KB, 480x480px
>>2145710

There's only one issue. The Japanese have been known to be extremely xenophobic and show hesitance to push Gaijins as the most marketable superstar on the roster. NJPW also has ties to the Yakuza which could have an effect on the way they book their wrestlers. But there is no doubt that as of right now, Kenny Omega has the talent to make some incredible strides for New Japan.

That is, assuming he doesn't take what'll surely be a ridiculous offer from WWE. What happens next? Who the hell knows but one thing's for certain. It's a great time to be a wrestling fan, disenfranchised WWE fans may now have a very viable alternative to watch from now on. So what do you faggots think? Will they put the belt on Omega or will he end up hopping over to WWE? Will NJPW stand up to WWE or will they fall like all the others?

tl;dr New Japan and WWE will certainly look to outdo each other this year and competition has always been healthy for the business.
>>
WWE has been pissing on fans heads and telling us it's raining for a long time, hopefully this kicks them in the ass to improve the fucking product. there's no reason RAM, your flagship show should be this fucking unwatchable.
>>
File: backbreaker.gif (1MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
backbreaker.gif
1MB, 250x188px
>>2145721

They've gotten incredibly complacent because there's no one around to stand up to them. If NJPW is going global, they need to put the title on Omega. Competition has always been healthy for businesses and markets and hopefully NJPW can use its ties to other wrestling organizations like ROH and PWG to form some sort of unionized wrestling promotion to give WWE a much-need slap in the fucking face.
>>
I don't give a shit about this war. I just don't want more of New Japan's top stars leaving for WWE. I think WWE's roster is already filled with great talent getting wasted as it is, it doesn't need more. Let WWE do whatever they want but don't fuck with New Japan's great product.

Omegapls
>>
>>2145713
They put the belt on AJ and it only took a few months for him to get over. Compare that to Omega who is beloved by everyone in Japan, it'd be a win win. Fuck the guy even drew 1000 more fans at WK11 than Tana did at WK10.

I haven't even mentioned how popular he is in America. He won't be the TOP guy in Japan, but has the chance to become the best gaijin ever.
>>
>>2145731
Doubt he'll pass Hansens popularity, hell even hogan was/is huge there
>>
>>2145729

If Omega were to ever leave for WWE, I'd be fucking heartbroken. But John Cena posting not one but FOUR pictures as well Kenny stating in numerous interviews that he would despise working there, I believe he hasn't signed with WWE and probably never will. But if he shows up on WWE programming, it'll only kill all hope of this industry ever being anything but a shitty, watered down, boring husk of what it once used to be.
>>
>>2145737
I'd be sad but obviously I wouldn't be able to blame or be mad at him. More money and more fame, I'd probably switch over in a heartbeat. I definitely think he's gonna be in lower quality storyline and matches, though.
>>
>Used to be in WWE developmental
>Jim Cucknette constantly talked shit about him because of his comedy matches in the indies
>Kenny Omega is now one of the most important names in pro wrestling today and will determine which company the advantage in the NJPW vs WWE war all by himself depending on which company he works for
Jim Cornette on suicide watch
>>
File: omega.gif (1MB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
omega.gif
1MB, 245x200px
>>2145752

Jesus Christ. It's like poetry, ain't it?

Also, what are the odds that we see a few WWE wrestlers hop on over to NJPW? What about guys who have publicly spoken out against the company or have left disenfranchised? Guys like CM Punk (Who's open to one more wrestling match according to Samoa Joe and has friends who work for NJPW such as the Young Bucks), Daniel Bryan, Alex Riley, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows with all their Japan references on commentary. NJPW does an excellent job creating stars, WWE's trash in NJPW's treasure.
>>
>>2145765
CM Punk sucks ass and I hope he sticks to MMA.

I don't know much about Alex Riley, I guess he could work on New Japan.

Daniel Bryan would be fucking sick, assuming he's not gonna die in the ring.
>>
>>2145765
CESARO would be amazing because he would get to work stiff like he prefers
>>
>>2145776
and he wouldnt need charisma or mic skills.
>>
File: ig.png (1MB, 1803x864px) Image search: [Google]
ig.png
1MB, 1803x864px
Could this be any more needy? Now compare this to his AJ Styles post which happened much closer to the rumble and was only one image. It just reeks of attention whoring.
>>
File: 1455426839123.jpg (18KB, 479x277px) Image search: [Google]
1455426839123.jpg
18KB, 479x277px
Not that Kenny would ever come to WWE, but if Vince was wise he'd put the Club all on one show, hell, merge brands, and have Finn, AJ, Anderson, and Gallows just waiting for Omega to show up and unite them all for another golden age the likes of which haven't been seen since Hall, Nash, and Hogan.

There's two problems with this, though.

1. There is no comparable talent for them to feud with. Existing Club members and to a lesser extent, Dean, are the only characters "cool" enough to b e involved in their storylines. Everyone else's character is gay. I guess Braun, Corbin, and a few others could be retooled to fit that narrative, but WWE creative is dumb as fuck so they'll fuck it up

2. WWE is dumb as fuck at every level and it would suck the life out of them. AJ is already running out of gas in his Dean feud and he has nobody else with a shred of humanity to work with. The rest of the cast are all walking merchandise billboards.
>>
So this is why they just signed Cody Rhodes
>>
>>2145800

What about a league of babyfaces? I know, I know. You're immediately thinking of the Nexus burial. But a collection of guys who group up to stand up against the Bullet Club after getting their asses whipped, think of CHAOS with Okada and company in NJPW, a reformed Shield with Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins and a couple other guys but push them all as a UNIT, not as individual stars, have them pump out merch and just be a carbon copy of Bullet Club except on the good guy side of things. Have them in INTERESTING situations, don't be afraid to have a massive brawl. Here's the most important thing, give them 50/50 booking. Don't have one crew completely bury the others, have Shield and Bullet Club win some and lose some, book them completely evenly. It'll give us an incredible gang-war feud, something WWE has never had with the exception of Smackdown vs Raw and it'll help get Reigns over as one of the leaders of the Shield, something that WWE has drastically failed upon. I know, I know. Pretty autistic post.
>>
>>2145802
Nope, Cody is freelancer. He is basically wrestling royalty and he just goes where he wants to. He has never been to indies before. And now as we see golden age of indie wrestling with streaming services he can go everywhere. And because he draws people (someone will pay to see him, if they are not really sure to go to their local indy, but his name will put them over the fence) he is almost always going over. He almost never jobs.

And after he is fed up with indies (probably when is forced to job more often) he will go back to WWE with indy pedigree, something he never got. So he can lay claim for being an indy guy.
>>
>>2145787
Tbqh, he'd fit in with the crowd. He likes to talk slow, make simple promos that get the point across, and so on.
Considering that at least half the NJPW roster can't make a sensible sentence in English, his mic skills would be above average there.
Then again, there's the alternative that he wouldn't have to talk at all, because the bookers are actually competent enough to manage that.
>>
NJPW invasion of the american market will die if they try and push Omega aa the western face of the company.

Should have done it with Styles two years ago when Bullet Club was red hot or wait a couple of years for Osprey to gain more experience and confidence.

As is lmao at New JUST Pro Wrestling
>>
>>2145859
They weren't ready back then. They needed to establish themselves in Japan. They needed to make more money, they needed to have more buzz in US. Without great matches at WK, without their streaming service they wouldn't have enough of an audience.

It's not easy to fly everyone over the ocean and get enough of money from selling tickets if you are not known enough.

And don't make a mistake - they are wrestling towards a house, not towards a TV audience, so live it is better then on TV.
>>
>NJPW
I'm sorry but literally what?
>Kenny Omega
I'm sorry but literally who?

That's right, they are all irrelevant outlaws who never drew a single dime. Only WWE matters, get a clue.
>>
>>2145742
Truth.
If he can get a deal like Cena. Then why the fuck not.

You can dream being a legend w/o the WWE. But a nest egg, homes, early retirement AND being a legend works better.

If they gave him travel and accommodation, 7% Merch, and PPV revenue share. It'd be tempting .
>>
File: ratings.png (40KB, 616x438px) Image search: [Google]
ratings.png
40KB, 616x438px
>>2145913
>>
File: 879.jpg (26KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
879.jpg
26KB, 600x420px
Oh god were to start.
The japs running NJPW are in over their heads, wwe has the most well known brand in wrestling, has survived for years, is the most well known, and has the home advantage.

Even ROH, and TNA, and other indie feds stand no match.

Im going to say, at best, they will be ROH tier.
What njpw should really do is expand into the rest of asia, korea, china, india, etc
Especially india.
those little pajeets love two things, shitting in the street, and wrestling
>>
>>2145710
Good, I really hope NJPW can light a fire under Vince's lazy ass. Competition is always great for business and WWE has been a joke for some time now. It's pretty sad when your A show is considered unwatchable.
>>
File: occupation-map.jpg (31KB, 359x299px) Image search: [Google]
occupation-map.jpg
31KB, 359x299px
They need to conquer these markets, and also do shows in Australia and hawaii and California
>>
>>2146010

>those little pajeets love two things, shitting in the street, and wrestling

fuckin kek
>>
I remember that I used to think that NJPW could really get bigger and bigger to finally go to US and be a really competition, but then I saw this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Ubh5_knfc

It has a lot of valid points.Sadly to say that I dont think there's any way WWE will get a competition, WWE will kill itself and wrestling will be Japan and Indies for hardcore fans only
>>
>>2145812
>...gang-war feud, something WWE has never had
There was an 90's WWF feud that was based on literal gang-wars, so WWE has done this in the past

Granted, it wasn't nWo vs WCW, but it happened
>>
>>2145919

still higher than New JUST Wrestling and since they aren't on RAM/SD normies and casuals won't give a fuck about them when they debut.

AJ only got by because of TNA. Nakamura and Asgooka are doomed if they ever make the jump to main roster because AGAIN casuals don't give a fuck because they don't watch nxt.
>>
>>2146070
They are only "doomed" if they are booked poorly. Both of them have enough charisma and skill to work a crowd regardless of locality.
>>
Shameless bump
>>
>>2146055

Hi, Brian!
>>
>>2146070
>'casuals don't know them'
>implying casuals watch wrestling anymore
>'people at SD/Ram don't watch NXT'
>Bayley got massive pop when she debuted

please stop posting
>>
File: 1455753013865.gif (2MB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
1455753013865.gif
2MB, 300x166px
>>2145812
Triple H will never let a stable that potentially over become reality because it would slightly blur the importance of DX in WWE's timeline. Even the Shield made him insecure so he split them up.

He also hates suthun buoys
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.