[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alex Riley talks turning down $200k deal in favor of WWE and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Alex_Riley.jpg (133KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Riley.jpg
133KB, 642x361px
Apparently, Riley turned down a job that would have paid him approximately $200,000 annually in the medical device industry. Riley claimed that he was offered a developmental deal of only $500 per week by WWE. He said he countered by asking for $40,000 per year and WWE ultimately gave him $750 or $1,000 per week.

> "[WWE] offered me a deal that was… it wasn't much. It was very, very low and it was almost not enough to survive on, really. I mean, it would be, it would have been hard to eat. It was $500 a week, which, I guess, what is that? Yeah, and at that point when they, when Wright Medical offered me the new job, you're talking about close to $200k [annually]."

> Riley added, "I desperately wanted to be part of WWE, so I said, 'look, if you can get this thing right around $40 grand [annually], I will go. I'm not going to tell you what I'm getting offered by Wright Medical, but it's a lot more and I'll give it all up if you can get this thing to right around [$40,000 annually].' And they did. They got me up to a grand [per week] or $750, I don't remember what it was, and I packed up and I headed out and I don't regret it. It was awesome."

As for Cena, Riley admitted that he had an incident with 'The Face That Runs The Place' that changed his career path in professional wrestling. 'A-Ry' said he will get into it in detail one day.

> "I'll put it this way. There was an incident and it certainly changed the path of my career. I don't want to discuss it right now, but I will one day for sure. I will one day. It was a tough situation at times, I guess we can leave it at that." Riley continued, "and, honestly, JR, I struggle with the morality of even talking about it and I'm not into blowing up anybody else at this point, but I promise you this, I will address it one day for sure. You don't want to know. It was a tough situation."
>>
>>2142558
>$500 a week is not enough to live on

wat
>>
>>2142560
For a wrestler who has to pay for hotel rooms and eat out and shit? That's fucking nothing.
>>
>>2142567
This was a developmental deal. He wouldn't have been crisscrossing the country.
>>
>$500 a week is impossible to live on

Fucking retard

>>2142567
he wouldnt be touring. or being a wrestler. thankfully.
>>
Who cares? He sucked.
>>
>>2142604
He was green inring but had loads of charisma, and looked like a star. Was over at one point with the fans too, and a great theme. WWE really wasted a potential money draw imo.
>>
>>2142607
>but had loads of charisma,

He really didn't.

>and looked like a star.

Irrelevant.

>Was over at one point with the fans too,

So was Mr. Kennedy.

>and a great theme.

Who fucking cares?
>>
>>2142604
Riley was fucking amazing. Over as fuck. Great on the mic. Great on the panel. So much charisma. Wrestling skills can improve. He is way better than the miz. He got royally screwed by that ass hole Cena. Go fuck yourself smark.
>>
>>2142612
Go back to begging shindies for work Kevin.
>>
wtf? I love John Cena now
>>
Riley would have saved the WWE. That's why Cena was so scared. He knew Riley would take his spot. He reminded me of a white The Rock; he was blooming with charisma
>>
based jhon bullying retards and betas
>>
What is he even doing now? He's still young, should have go to outlaws and improve, he still could make it in the future.
>>
good riddance
>>
Where is their development center? I assume there are pretty expensive rents if 2k wasn't just enough
>>
Anyone got the gif where Riley gets punched hard in the face by Cena when he made a run in and then he only brushes like Miz and Punk?
>>
>>2142674
Considering the amount of shit Riley talked about "the outlaws" on Twitter no promotion worth a damn will book him.
>>
File: riley btfo by big match john.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
riley btfo by big match john.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>2142814

found it
>>
>>2142558
>Wrestler
>getting bullied

Just bury yourself.
>>
>>2142816
kek
>>
>>2142567
WWE actually gets them hotel rooms
>>
Riley deserved better. Decent enough in the ring and had a great look
>>
>>2142816
he hit punk in the face too kek
>>
>>2142558
I always had a feeling Riley would've been pushed to the moon eventually, and easily stayed at the upper mid card at the least, and I guess John Hogan Cena knew this too and fixed that before someone could take his spot.
>>
File: Cena1_crop_north.jpg (22KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
Cena1_crop_north.jpg
22KB, 550x365px
>There is truth that there was some sort of unknown, unreasonable heat between Riley and Cena. To the point where everyone on the roster thought that Cena was treating him in a way that was totally uncalled for. No one approached Cena about it, but the entire locker room was on Riley’s side, a lot of condolences, and this is ‘ridiculous, bro,’ and it was every freakin’ day. Cena thought Riley did something wrong every single day.

>Like, it’s completely against the wrestler code to ever go through another wrestler’s bag. One day, Riley walked into an empty locker room and Cena was just going through his bag. He found some pre-workout vitamins and b—hed him out for taking supplements, asking if he ‘thinks this is ok.’ Like, he was looking for a reason to get him fired.

>We had the match when Linda was running for Congress for the Stand Up For WWE charity shows, and it was a tag match, I think it was a six man tag match if I remember right. And it was me, Hawkins, and Ziggler vs. Riley, and two other baby faces. Cena had made it clear that he wanted Riley to act a certain way and do certain things. And we structured the entire match to his wishes and it went flawlessly as far as we were concerned. The second we walked backstage he came up to me and said ‘hey where’s numbnuts?’ And he sees the look on my face and tells me to go get Riley. So all six of us came back and he b—hed out Riley in front of the backstage roster — about how he always tells him to do one thing and he does another, and Cena was ‘washing his hands of helping him.’ Even Ziggler was like, ‘What the hell, man?'”
>>
>>2143015
Based Cena working Riley into a shoot
>>
>>2142997
No they don't. That is why they give each other red roof inn gift certificates.
>>
>>2142997
They don't give them shit. Maybe travel if they are top stars but generally wrestlers have to pay for everything.
>>
>>2143015

Cena's a bad man. I think he set up JTG, too. Luckily for him and unfortunately, Benoit went crazy and delayed the Wrestler's Court case forever.
>>
>>2142997
Wrong
>>
Why does Cena go after undercarders like Riley and JTG?
>>
>>2143045
To keep his top spot. Like the alpha lion in a pride chasing off all the younger males so he gets to stay in charge.
>>
Its funny because everytime i interact with riley he seem like a huge dick (axxess signing and house shows) Always complaining and yelling at fans. He seem he was always better than anyone else. Glad he's gone
>>
>>2142997
Actually they got to pay for their car rentals and rooms (if you ain't a top guy) hence a lot of guys try to team up when traveling.
>>
>>2142558

kek based cena burying young talent and then going to Hollywood. He's going to do it boys, BMJ is going to kill the WWE once and for all
>>
>its a butthurt literally who dishing it out towards one of the real nicest guys in the WWE

If John were a real asshole all the guys who quit the WWE would have ripped him apart but its only this literally who jobber.
>>
>>2143052

sad that people actually know so little about wrestking that they think riley would take cenas spot

you must be joking

and cena put over anyone who actually had talent and got over
example bryan punk miz aj aka guys who could have much better chances than cena

idiots
>>
>>2143116

Ziggler also said Cena was a cunt. It's not really hard to believe, you never go really far by being the nice guy.
>>
Alex Riley was an incredible talent that had a major chance to dethrone Cena. Funny how Cena completely buries guys that have a legit chance at making it, while putting over guys that have legitimately 0 chance of making it like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan to make it seem like he puts guys over. He's a better politicker than Hogan.
>>
>>2143615
Hi Alex!
>>
>>2143116
many others have come out and said shit about cena. Your MCM isn't a nice guy bud
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.