[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shows that are only remembered for one match

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 18.jpg (25KB, 228x320px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
25KB, 228x320px
I'll start with an easy one
>>
File: wm32.jpg (12KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
wm32.jpg
12KB, 186x271px
>>2139208
I don't think it was even as bad as the previous year, but it gets mad shade for this.
Rightfully so, probably, but still.
>>
>>2139215
You fucking wot
>>
>>2139208
This would have gone down as one of the WOAT Manias if this match didn't happen. Can't remember anything else other than Arn Anderson coming out and hitting a spinebuster on Undercarder

Looked at the card and it's just completely average. How did Angle go from fighting in a #1 contender match to a midcard match with Kane in a month?
>>
>>2139217
looking at the overall card, I preferred 32 to 31
31's highlights were like, what? Seth vs Randy in a match pulled straight from Raw, but five minutes longer? Cena vs Rusev in a match pulled straight from Smackdown, but 10 minutes longer? Bray vs Taker?
At least 32 had AJ on the card, a much better ladder match, and Taker's match having a few memorable moments.
>>
>>2139225
And the MOTN between the women
>>
King of the Ring 1998
>>
>>2139225
>32 had AJ on the card

In a terrible match.
>>
>>2139264
>terrible match

Hyperbolic as fuck because you didn't like the outcome, clearly.
Jericho couldn't keep pace, but AJ doesn't have terrible matches. It was, at the very least, better than Seth/Randy or Cena/Rusev.
>>
>>2139264
It wasn't terrible but it was pretty meh and completely forgettable.
>>
>>2139215
>wm 32
>hhh defending the title
I stopped following about 4 years ago. But its funny to see hhh still hogging the glory.
>>
>>2139225
Apart from Shane almost killing himself, there is nothing memorable about 32. Nothing. At least 31 had consequences that reached past RAW the next night.

>>2139215
Well no shit it gets a lot of shade. It was the main event nobody wanted, booked for an audience of 1. When the crowd has to be completely muted for the main event of WrestleMania to drown out them shifting on the match, we have a problem Houston.
>>
>>2139279
>I stopped following about 4 years ago.

Why are you here then?
>>
>>2139294
Ladder match was pretty good and Ryder's win was pretty memorable.
>>
Wrestle Kingdom 11
>>
SummerSlam 1992
>>
>>2139298
ryder won a title? oh wait he was the only babyface to really win that night. too bad they buried him back to jobville
>>
>>2139294
>At least 31 had consequences that reached past RAW the next night.
Your reddit is showing
>>
starrcade 97
starrcade 99
>>
>>2139371
Naito vs Tanahashi was a 5 star match desu
>>
>>2139371
>implying
Jr.Heavyweight tag title match was fun
Jr.Heavywieght title match was memorable because of that botch
NEVER Openweight title match was fucking great as well
and like this guy says >>2139480
everyone thought Naito v. Tanahashi would be match of the night before Okada v. Omega happened
>>
Missed the biggest one

Survivor Series 1997
>>
>>2139208
Wrestlemania 13

And it wasn't even the main event
>>
Wrestlemania 13 Austin/Bret
Wrestlemania 25 HBK/Taker
Wrestlemania 29 Taker/Punk
>>
>>2139554
>Wrestlemania 13 Austin/Bret
yes

>Wrestlemania 25 HBK/Taker
people remember the hhh vs orton match because the story leading up to it was so good

>Wrestlemania 29 Taker/Punk
More like Rock/Cena. Forgot phil/carder even happened
>>
>>2139294
*Arlington, not Houston. Stupid.
>>
MITB 2011

every match was actually pretty great, but people only ever remember Punk vs Cena.
>>
>>2139465
>starrcade 99

think you mean 98
>>
File: phil vs john.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
phil vs john.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
MITB 2011
>>
>>2139221
If they switched HHH/Jericho and Rock/Hogan it would have been looked back at better. HHH/Jericho was actually a decent match, but Gaytch thought that he could follow Hulk Hogan's first WWF singles match in 9 years because "muh title". If they just switched places then their match would have been remembered better, but I guess Hogan posing to end the show would have gotten people pissed
>>
File: w5DCqN.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
w5DCqN.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>2139208
nah razor ramon selling the shit out of a stunner was pretty badass
>>
>>2139600
The "well they didn't know it was going to be that loud" is a bad excuse as well. Hogan hit rock with a hammer and tried to kill him by running his ambulance over and he was still cheered beforehand
>>
>>2139607
>the midcard adventures of stevetty
>>
>>2139607
fucking based scott hall bumping like he just snorted a bad rail
>>
>>2139561
>HHH vs Orto
Build aside, the match was immensely underwhelming and Taker/HBK saved an otherwise terrible Mania

>More like Rock/Cena
Never mind, I almost took you seriously.
>>
>>2139689
The only reason anyone tuned in was Rock/Cena

Undercarder/phil was the anti-draw match
>>
Battleground last year.

Shield triple threat, was the only reason anyone cared about that PPV.
>>
>>2139270
>Hyperbolic as fuck because you didn't like the outcome, clearly.

The outcome made no sense, but that's a baseless assumption. Their Fastlane match was also terrible and AJ won that one.
>>
>>2139225
>Wrestlemania 31

Awesome RKO
Based Rusev vs BMJ
Sting debut
NWO vs DX
Last PPV match of AJ Lee
Very fun Ladder Match for the IC Title
Daniel Bryan winning the Intercontinental Championship
Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt for the first time
Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins cash-in at the main event of Wrestlemania
>>
>>
>>2139298
It was about as memorable as the fart I did 5 minutes ago
>>
>>2139518
Autismo
>>
>>2140485
That's a pretty sad life you live, then.
>>
>>2139215
The only thing I remember from that match was Haitch's stupid stupid intro with the zombie businessmen and Steph dressed like a He-Man villain.
>>
Wrestlemania 2000. The tag team ladder match was legendary. The rest of the show not so much
>>
>>2140532
Half the freaking crowd was leaving the event already when they started
>>
Over the Edge '99
>>
>>2139863
That wasn't dx vs nwo, that was has been beens and Shawn michaels vs retired hall of farmers, like fuck vinnie Mac won't let go that wcw went under. I promise if these assholes are alive a decade from now well see something similar again
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.