[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Based Kuriboh hitting the nail square on the head. https://

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6190.gif (2MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6190.gif
2MB, 371x209px
Based Kuriboh hitting the nail square on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV0P8ahM4fw

Rawtists BTFO
>>
>>2138479
Honestly he's spot on about the storytelling. On RAW it would be laughable if it wasn't so horrid. Say what you want about the difference in """star""" power, but at least you're actually given a reason to tune in to SD.

He should have touched on Stephanie though. She's a bigger problem than Foley. Gets to humiliate talent on a consistent basis,is featured way too much on the show and has gotten exactly 0 comeuppance.
>>
>>2138498
I think the Foley/Zane/Strowman example was probably more fitting due to the storyline having a direct comparison in the Corbin/Kalisto feud. Stephanie not getting any comeuppance has been an issue since long before the brand split.
>>
>>2138551
>Its been an issue since long before the brand split
That's true, but its still a relevant point to why Raw isn't nearly as entertaining as Smackdown. Raw is more or less about the management. Stephanie and Mick have their own backstage segments almost every week and even get shoehorned into the feuds between talents.

You almost never see Shane on Smackdown and Daniel Bryan only shows up on tv when he needs to. It's really a mystery why so many people on asp seem to prefer Raw.
>>
>>2138565
> It's really a mystery why so many people on asp seem to prefer Raw.
it's just meme spouting kids. the same ones that spam cuck,seething and have sex.
>>
The Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged guys does wrestling videos?
>>
>>2138662
Yeah, it's his Mark Remark series. Usually they're written for comedy but this one wasn't for the reasons stated at the start of the video.
>>
>>2138649
Contrarianism and memes get more (you)'s and attention than actual discussion does here, It's the reason why there are so many threads with 100+ responses and only 50 or so individual posters. People come here solely to get attention, rather than actual discuss wrestling or alternative sports.

When was the last time we had a thread on Roman Reigns or women wrestlers or even the cruiserweights that did immediately get taken over by shitposters?
>>
>>2138674
This board is like a constant real-life reenactment of that "DURR LOOK HOW RETARDED I AM" "Fuck off retard" "HAHAHA YES EPIC TROLL" comic. I dunno what the fuck happens to a person to make them THAT desperate for attention.
>>
based JD ripped RAW a new one last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-r6BQmnPc4
>>
is this the molymeme of wrestling?
>>
>>2138683
People listen to some guy with the most stereotypical jew voice? For fun?
>>
>plugging your shitty yt channel on /asp/
>>
File: OP.jpg (109KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
109KB, 698x1284px
>>2138680
you've inspired me, anon.
>>
>>2138479
I haven't watched him in months because he was so behind and wasn't posting them enough.

But no joke, he LITERALLY got me into wrestling.
I started watching because it was funny kinda to watch, but when I watched and got the actual context, it made it a lot better.

Weird how he got me into it, but I haven't seen his videos in awhile.
>>
>>2138761
Saved for use in the future
>>
>>2138761
Ha. Useful.
>>
>>2138680
>This site* is like a constant real-life reenactment of that "DURR LOOK HOW RETARDED I AM" "Fuck off retard" "HAHAHA YES EPIC TROLL" comic. I dunno what the fuck happens to a person to make them THAT desperate for attention.
Fixed
>>
>>2138674
That's what happens when a board has no moderation whatsoever. It gets turned into a literal safe space for trolls. More accurately, it's why there are so many threads in the catalog that are obvious bait, only get ~5 replies and 4 of them are the same guy laughing at his own post.

It's almost impossible to discuss relevant topics when underage shitposters are constantly yelling HERP DERP EBIN TROLL XD
>>
>>2138479
The Titus and New Day part fucking hit the nail on the head.

I was thinking the same when watching it.
Like, the face characters are acting like heels, and the 'heel' character WANTED to be a face, but became 'heel' because the ND were acting like heels, even though they are faces.

New Day have always had this problem.
Ever since they became face, they still act heel by constantly cheating and shit.
>>
>>2138830
"When surrounded by people pretending to be fools, true fools will believe they are in good company.

If done for too long, those pretending will soon be outnumbered by those who are not."

If you act like an autist for a joke, it attracts the real autists.
>>
trolling turned from being a mischief maker to being an idiot
>>
>>2138914
the most effective form of trolling has become being legitimately stupid.
>>
>"Why's the New Day being dicks to Titus O'Neil"
It was then that I changed the channel. Fucking hell. It's not that I disagree with him, but do you never step back and think what the fuck am I doing?

Trump is about to become president and destroy this country. Brexit, Le Pen, Russia, Global Warming, ISIS... There's so much terrible stuff going on that people need to be discussing and we have this.. Titus O'Neil. Fucking hell. Wresting fans (myself included) need to grow up.
>>
>>2138996
>It was then that I changed the channel.
It was him moreso just making more of a point proving how fucked each story is.

>Trump is about to become president and destroy this country. Brexit, Le Pen, Russia, Global Warming, ISIS... There's so much terrible stuff going on that people need to be discussing and we have this.. Titus O'Neil. Fucking hell. Wresting fans (myself included) need to grow up.
So people need to stop discussing entertainment and focus on only super series shit?
You know what. Let's even say we only talk about important shit.
There is NOTHING most of us can do about it.
What the fuck can we do about Trump?
What can we do about Russia?
Fucking nothing.
Want to help Global Warming? Donate to charity or some shit.
If you want to discuss shit we can't fix go to /pol/
>>
>>2138996
If you grew up, you'd realize none of those things are terrible.
>>
>>2139079
idk that titus o'neil one sounds pretty bad
>>
>>2139089
Legit kek'd
>>
>>2138784
He's been doing them more often recently.

>>2138996
This is a wrestling board m8. Why not go to /gif/ and scream at them for fapping when they could be waving protest banners outside the white house?
>>
>>2138830
>That's what happens when a board has no moderation whatsoever. It gets turned into a literal safe space for trolls. More accurately, it's why there are so many threads in the catalog that are obvious bait, only get ~5 replies and 4 of them are the same guy laughing at his own post.

This is my only issue with this board and it is both annoying and sad to think about it
>>
>>2138996
>Trump
>Brexit
>Russia
>Le Pen

''bad''

get the fuck out of that bubble and see how bad it is for the common man before whining about any of those being'''''''''''''''''bad''''''''''''''''''''
>>
File: 1484018699196.gif (3MB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
1484018699196.gif
3MB, 300x237px
>>2138761
Brilliant
>>
>>2138996
Is this bait?
>>
>>2139289
Most things seem to be bait nowadays.
>>
>>2138498
I doubt he would say anything bad about Stephanie, he got super triggered about the backlash for Rey in Star Wars and went through a super strong SJW phase because of it and would act like every women on WWE was perfect and the men were dumb idiots.

Thankfully he's started to calm down now and lets himself pick fun at people like Lita and the Sasha feud.
>>
>>2139289
85% of the posts on this board are bait anon.
>>
>>2139451
The only time he wasn't actively making fun of the women was when he used their matches for piss break gags, and he only stopped that because people were vocally tired of it.
>>
>>2138649
Have sex ya seething cuck
>>
>>2139535
Is that an offer? tehe
>>
>>2138479
There is nothing based calling yourself kuriboh.
>>
>>2138479
Who gives a shit about what this balding weaboo thinks?

Youtube should have kept him banned
>>
>>2139535
worked ;)
>>
>>2138479

>Some fuckwit smark on jewtube.

Will never draw a view.
>>
>>2138830
Point well proven, they've arrived in this thread now as well.
>>
Yeah everyone seems to say how much better SD is but what will Vince do once he notices it? He'll draft BMJ and BMAJ to RAW.
>>
>>2139995
That would be dumb as fuck
>>
>>2139995
>implying vince hates SD

Looks like you're the kind of smug know-it-all smark LK was talking about. Here's one for you. If Vince hates SD so much, why did he draft his biggest (and basically only) draw to it?
>>
>>2138662

Yeah. I found out about it a month ago and went through the whole log, pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>2138784
>But no joke, he LITERALLY got me into wrestling.
Same. Before watching his stuff and then checking the shows out, I generally thought "wrestling is dumb".

It is still kinda dumb, but it is enjoyable.
>>
>>2139451
>and would act like every women on WWE was perfect and the men were dumb idiots.

This is the guy who spent a good chunk of Mark Remark's run doing the piss break joke whenever there was a diva match. The only girl he thinks is perfect was pre-Del Rio Paige, and that's because he was smitten with her.
>>
>>2139880
His wrestling stuff is not how he gets views. He gets views because he literally invented the "abridged series" format for anime.
>>
I agree with him. If RAW had better storytelling, it would be undeniably a better product than SD. It has the star power going for it, it (sometimes) gives us amazing matches, and hey it has Mick Foley. But the writers seem to have no clue how to do anything with this.
>>
>>2138996
Is this pasta fresh?
>>
>>2138867

Yeah seriously. Why are they even faces? They can never not act like heels, so the face angle is pointless. Like I get that they're supposed to be comedians and we can't have a comedian heel, but they just don't work as faces and half the time make the heels look like faces in comparison to them.
>>
>>2138996
are you considering a sex change?
>>
>>2138479
The grin in that gif makes him look like Stefan Molyneux
>>
>>2138498
>>2138867
Pretty much this. Really RAW should be better than it is, but the writers are holding back its potential.
>>
>>2138479
this guy is a major cuck and his videos are shit
>>
>>2138498

>Honestly he's spot on about the storytelling. On RAW it would be laughable if it wasn't so horrid. Say what you want about the difference in """star""" power, but at least you're actually given a reason to tune in to SD.

No kidding. The short version is that Smack!Down has fairly consistent characterization and story lines that progress logically, RAW doesn't. Titus used to be feuding with Darren Young because, apparently BOTH of these bums need to be employed, and now he's making a WHACKY attempt to become a part of the New Day.

His only consistent character traits seem to be being black, being stupid, and being bad at pro wrestling.

Meanwhile, on Smack!Down, AJ, Corbin, Kalisto, Bliss, and so on all have characters that are consistent from week to week. AJ is the arrogant ace who's only a heel because he's a bit full of himself. Corbin and Kalisto are as Kuriboh described them. Bliss is a conniving, success obsessed bitch and really the best heel in the company.

And when there is character development, it's actual character development built on established reasons and occurrences, where on RAW characters change cuz lol. Ziggler's heel turn was built to and made sense. The Wyatt friction has been sensibly built.

Smack!Down is FAR from perfect, but it's not actively, horribly, stupidly bad like RAW. I haven't caught every Smack!Down since the brand split (more like half), but I can't remember a single one where I was appalled at how indefensibly stupid and ill-conceived it was. At worst, not a lot happens, and it's over and hour faster than RAW.
>>
>>2138479
>Rawtists BTFO

If you actually watch though, that isn't what he's saying. He's saying he WANTS Raw to be better, he wanted to enjoy both it and SD, but Raw has characterization and story problems currently that keep him from doing so. Meanwhile SD uses storylines that, while simplistic, are proven working formulas.
>>
>>2143308
To add to this, I had a discussion what the difference in storytelling between the two is with a friend of mine. They brought up a good point:

Raw writes a plot, then inserts their characters as a secondary thought. The story drives the characters actions, making them really bland and inconsistent.
Smackdown takes their superstars and writes a plot around the characters. The wrestler's actions are what drive the feuds forward, making for more investing characters and developments.

Raw characters seem inconsistent because they are only considered devices to continue story progression.

Smackdown's story is written FOR the characters, so the focus is on character progression, rather than story progression like RAW.
>>
>>2143699

>Raw writes a plot, then inserts their characters as a secondary thought. The story drives the characters actions, making them really bland and inconsistent.

Yeah. Kind of like he said in the video. The senile madman running the show gets an idea in his head about a "moment" that will be really big, halfasses a way to get there, and shoehorns in whatever characters he inexplicably wants to get over. Almost certainly with the opposite result.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Sasha is scrawny, weak, generally unathletic, and overrated, and a HORRIBLE face. Charlotte only ever got a job because she's Ric's kid. But these two COULD have had a decent feud if the fools running the show cut the bullshit. That HIAC match was pretty solid for the 33% of the match they were able to just goddamn WORK. It was the insultingly bullshit beginning, the overwrought and botched finish, and the goddamn angle leading up to it that killed that match dead.
>>
>>2138996
have sex
>>
>>2139487
>>2141841
He stopped doing the piss break jokes like 3 episodes in?

It went as normal for a while but in any episode after the release of Star Wars he just flat out ignored any of the women's faults, every single woman was a poor super talented wrestler who was being held down by the men, Jerry is such a misogynist pig you guys and Renee is a pure angel!

If you rewatch some episodes you'll see it clear as day and check his twitter around the time to see all of his seething messages. All I'm saying is that I'm glad that shit is over with because it wasn't funny and was starting to grate on me.
>>
>>2143308
>Bliss
>best heel in the company

APOLOGIZE
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.