[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MAG/ u silly grappler/striker edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 52

File: img12-1920.jpg (984KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
img12-1920.jpg
984KB, 1920x1280px
Previous thread:
>>2091762

Find an MMA Gym in the USA: http://www.findmmagym.com/

Styles of fighting:
http://www.ufc.com/discover/fighter/martialArtsStyles

BlackBeltWiki, great source of info, trivia and help:
http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/

Lifting for MMA:
http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/how-to-train-strength-and-conditioning-for-mma

Beware the MCDOJOS:
http://mcdojo-faq.tripod.com

WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A MARTIAL ARTS GYM:
•Physically conditioned, fit participants
•Trainer with certified professional record and a training history with at least one athlete who competes successfully
•Sparring, "aliveness" in training
•At least one participant competes at amateur or professional level
•Physical conditioning part of training

WHAT TO BE WARY OF:
•Fat, physically subpar students and instructor
•Graduation fees (e.g. "pay $200 and advance to next belt extra quick!")
•No proven athletes training there
•No sparring, moves shown are choreographed (e.g. "the attacker does this, then I do this, then you do this...")
•Cult-like atmosphere
•No physical conditioning

>FAQ (in development), MUST READ:
http://pastebin.com/LXHvWCZY

>YOUTUBE CHANNELS ON FIGHTING
https://www.youtube.com/user/LawrenceKenshin
https://www.youtube.com/user/FightTipsVideos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVfmHpXONv-LVACBV68tq5Q
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3zMJRgefZm7ELHkIp-xDA
https://www.youtube.com/user/GracieBreakdown
https://www.youtube.com/user/StephanKesting
https://www.youtube.com/user/theKravMagaTraining
More to come
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/CombatSportsTapes
you could add this channel to the OP too, good stuff, especially the muay thai vids
>>
File: kick and stance progression.png (114KB, 492x612px) Image search: [Google]
kick and stance progression.png
114KB, 492x612px
my school recently updated our curriculum, i thought /asp/ might be interested in some of our training methods. all the basics have progressions now, including strikes, grappling and weapons. weapons besides the staff can be learned in the core classes now, with a student choosing to specialize in sharp, blunt, or hinged weapons.

>chuan fa (kempo)
>10 years
>>
So if I had the choice between BJJ and traditional jiu-jitsu, which one should I choose? The TJJ techniques look more practical in a street fight, but the training methods look like shit (static drills, light sparring but only for throws).
>>
you really need to start using better pictures for these
>>
File: Ryan_Gracie.jpg (48KB, 241x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ryan_Gracie.jpg
48KB, 241x360px
>>2129986
>The TJJ techniques look more practical in a street fight

just a friendly reminder that the B in BJJ stands for Brazilian and they got some tough streets. juss saying tbqhfamalam
>>
>>2130005
And if I was going to train with a tough, street-hardened Brazilian master that was raised in the favelas and had to fight for his life every day, there would be no question that BJJ is the way to go, but that's not the case. In all likelihood the teacher would be someone who has never been in a street-fight in their life and has only ever used BJJ in the context of a BJJ competition.
>>
>>2129514
I need help. Can any of you help me find a martial gyms in the 92840 zip code area? I'm thinking of a couple gyms, but doing research is hard and I'm not particularly sure what would be good.

I'm leaning towards Garden Grove boxing(1.4 miles away, fairly cheap, and everyone looks fit, but I don't think anyone competes)

A new UFC gym also opened in my area, but I've heard those are terrible. There are a lot of judo, BJJ, mma, ect places in my area since it's SoCal but I'm having a lot of trouble deciding
>>
>>2130005
>they got some tough streets
if you're poor

jiujitsu is a bourgeois activity for the wealthy, it isn't widely available to flavela monkeys

japanese jujitsu is actually battle tested in war
>>
>>2130015
in that case, i'd look into 10th Faggot Jiu Jitsu.
>>
>>2130029
But I already master that one...
>>
>>2130027
I heard bjj is super cheap in brazil like $5 a moth or something ridiculous but I guess that is too much for people in favelas anyway
>>
>>2129986
It all boils down to the quality of the instruction and the general atmosphere of the school.
I'd say bjj, but I'm biased toward bjj, so try them both and chose.
>>
>>2130432
whelp, upon researching I just learned $460 US a year is considered brazilian middle class

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
>>
>>2130554
Pls no bully the huehues
>>
>>2130027
And bjj was tested in vale tudo and mma. Should I post the two hour long video compilation of bjj and other grappler winning street fights or are we past this point yet?
>>
>>2130917
I really resent how any time you dickriders see someone win a fight by wrestling you immediately claim bjj supremacy, even though 99% of the time it was just a doofus thrashing around and accidentally wrestling his way to victory
>vale tudo
oh wow, how incredible, a brazilian sport full of brazilian fighters in brazil saw a lot of brazilian jiujitsu getting used. Imagine that
>mma
took a back seat to wrestling the literal moment gis were banned

check out this sweet bjj bro, seriously a textbook back take he immediately follows up with a takedown, then watch as he seamlessly slips into side control and finishes with a choke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGe1Wm83kkI
>>
>>2130954
>thrashing around and accidentally wrestling his way to victory

you don't watch much mma do you? Nobody wins an mma match with wrestling by """"""accident""". The point of wrestling in mma is to dictate where the fight goes which is usually laying on top of the other guy. i'm just glad wrestling in MMA has mostly been diminished over the past few years.
>>
>>2130986
in street fights though. People see some dope tackle another guy and start choking him and they are so quick to yell WOW CHECK OUT THAT BJJ
when it's just naturally how people with no training at all fight

haymakers
tackles
strangles

if you see a fight won with any of those, assume the guy hasn't done any training
>>
File: Donley-Guard[1].jpg (212KB, 2048x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Donley-Guard[1].jpg
212KB, 2048x1100px
Is Donkey Guard best rape self defense?
>>
>>2130954
>accidently thrashing around to victory

I guess we aren't past this point yet then

https://youtu.be/tpgg7mwxoLU
https://youtu.be/2dcUF-O96iI

Enjoy, faggot. This shit doesn't happen on accident
>>
>>2130986
As a wrestler, I'm not
>>
>>2131023
the best part is someone was so insecure they went through the trouble to put those videos together
>>
>>2131023
>chokes a dog
>jiujitsu
may I refer you to the lion video>>2130954
like I said, that's some pretty sweet bjj bro! I can't wait until my professor lets me start rolling with dogs!
>>
>>2131100
>11 year old uses choke hold he learned in jiujitsu to protect another young child from pit bull attack
>LOL ACCIDENTLY THRASHING AROUND TO VICTORY

I love how you completely fucking ignored the other hour and a half of footage though. Checkm8, man. You really showed me how terrible bjj is.
>>
>>2131136
tell me all about how bjj invented choking again
>>
>>2131168
>straw manning this hard
>>
>>2131059
but it doesn't have a place in mma/combat sports.

>the object of BJJ is to win by submission
>the object of boxing is to win by KO/TKO
>the object of Muay Thai/Kick Boxing is to win by KO/TKO
>the object of wrestling is to win by points

but like i said, it's on it's way to become irrelevant fampai
>>
>>2131173
the 4th video is a marine and karate black belt shoving a guy with a knife out the door of a convenience store
thats some top tier bjj the karate guy was doing!
>>
>>2131179
>implying mma can't be won by points
instead of talking down to people because they use another martial art then you, why can't you just accept that people train in different arts because of interest and availability?
>>
>>2131179
>wrestling has been used and developed for thousands of years
>suddenly irrelevant
you need to just shut the fuck up, you're embarrassing yourself

and wrestling isn't seeing a decline in MMA, grappling all together is. If anything BJJ is seeing the steep decline in usage when compared to wrestling which is what your champions are doing now
I don't think there are any sitting champions that are bjj fighters, it's all strikers with a few wrestlers mixed in
>>
>>2131181
>>2131181
>title reads "bjj/GRAPPLING"
>marine grapples with a guy who has a knife and removes him from the store without getting cut

So are you unable to read or just intentionally being dense? It's fine though, just keep cherry picking.
>>
>>2131188
he also has no idea what he's talking about since bjj is played for points too. I don't think he has ever competed if he even trains at all.
the whole bjj meta is about positioning and scoring points.

and there is no such thing as a submission only bjj tournament, there are submission only GRAPPLING tournaments, it isn't exclusive
>>
>>2131202
you have a very low standard of what you call grappling. He did exactly what I said people do earlier and just pushed the guy out the door like a retard, he didn't use any actual techniques to control him. He grabbed the knife hand as anybody would, cutting himself in the process, and muscled him out the door
>>
>>2131193
>wrestling which is what your champions are doing now

i'm embarassing myself? you clearly haven't watched mma in 10 years. GSP, Jon Fitch and Ben Askren have all faded into obscurity. the only current champion that came from a wrestling base is Daniel Cormier.
>>
>>2131203
im pretty sure he's the mmautist who thinks only training in mma with a bjj is worth any time, an d he's going to personally remove the gi and belts of anyone who trains in something different
>>
>>2131188
Not him, but this whole shit flinging fest started because of the asshole saying that "bjj wasn't battle tested and mma/vale tudo doesn't count"

>>2131193
>there's no sitting champions that are bjj fighters

Maybe not primarily but every fighter still trains it because if you don't know jiujitsu you're going to get fucked up by someone who does. Its a great base for ground fighting and even a striker lile connor mcgregor has a brown belt in bjj.
>>
>>2131210
prepare your asshole, this might hurt

Stipe Miocic, wrestler
Daniel Cormier, wrestler
Michael Bisping, striker
Tyron Woodley, wrestler
Conor McGregor, striker
Max Holloway Striker
Cody Garbrandt, striker
Demetrious Johnson, wrestler

the best case you have is aldo who isn't even active right now, he does do jiujitsu but has only won 1 fight by submission and the vast majority has come from knock outs from his striking
and nunes who is in the same boat, she's a dumb brawler that nobody ever sees grapple, but she's off set by johanna who we obviously know is a striking expert, and holly holm who is also a striking expert

bjj is less relevant today than it has ever been, Now post a time stamp of your belt so you can at least prove you even train and I'll decide if I want to keep talking to you
>>
>>2131208
>cherry pick cherry pick cherry pick

There's an hour and a half of footage. I'm going to add to that every time I have to respond to you now.

https://youtu.be/AwPFIFXqg-M
>>
>>2131215
actually I said vale tudo doesn't count and it isn't fucking working in MMA because they don't wear gis anymore
>>
>>2131203
by the way i don't train bjj and i do know about the point system in bjj but who wants to watch that?
>>
>>2131215
i'd say it started with >>2130005
this type of shit fit happens when ever one person claims superiority over another simply because of the art they (might) train. it also doesn't make him any less wrong in later posts.
>>
File: 43674845623637.gif (54KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
43674845623637.gif
54KB, 225x300px
>>2131247
>he actually said it
>he actually fucking said it
>>
>>2131247
>bjj doesn't work without the gi

Ok dood

https://youtu.be/_VCdXQ3J9xw
>>
>>2131260
I don't watch bjj at all. gi or no gi.

>>2131234
How many of those guys won by wrestling? I think DJ might have the most submission wins tho.

Now post a time stamp of your wrestling belt.
>>
>>2131260
where was the bjj? was it the part where he got punched while standing? when he didn't change level before attempting a takedown? when he charged bent over at the waist head first and got caught in a headlock? when he tripped over the other guy and accidentally ended up on top of him? when the guy on the bottom fed him a reverse arm bar and he didn't take it because he didn't identify the position? the part where he punched the guy in the back of the head a bunch of times?

must of happened too fast for me to see
>>2131268
>Now post a time stamp of your wrestling belt.
lol, I kickbox, do karate, bjj, and judo. This is why arguing against me isn't going to work. I'm knowledgable and can see through bullshit.
I actually compete and train 5 days a week
>>
>>2131278
i'm actually going to defend that video because I could tell right away that whitey knew what he was doing. he went into guard and moved up to top mount. doesn't mean he's a trained in anything specifically, but he still understood positioning

that anon is still wrong however in all his other arguments
>>
>>2131278
what bullshit? i said wrestling is slowing fading away and it is. maybe it's because the defense is getting better as the years progress. maybe it's because the big dog UFC doesn't like that shit anymore because it doesn't draw.

I'm knowledgeable too. I don't play basketball 5 times a week but that doesn't mean i can't break down an NBA game or play.
>>
>>2131313
>draw
mandrama fan confirmed
>>
>>2131313
>i said wrestling is slowing fading
and I said you're wrong>>2131234

The belt holders are stacked with wrestlers, there are no bjj fighters among them. The only place you see bjj is in the supplementary training of strikers just in case they get caught on the ground by a wrestler so they can try to force a scramble
>>
>>2131320
>draw
Dana White uses the term "move the needle" but i don't like it because it probably means his penis.

>>2131341
>The only place you see bjj is in the supplementary training of strikers just in case
replace bjj with wrestling and we're pretty much in the same boat.
there's no more pure wrestlers in MMA anymore. you're not going to convince me that Woodley or Miocic are wrestlers. wasn't their last fights won by KO? DC might be the only one and he breaks his hands from striking every fight.
you gotta face the facts, onii-pham.
>>
>>2131357
the facts are bjj is irrelevant except for supplementary training, and wrestling is the dominant grappling style used in MMA today Turns out fighting from the bottom on purpose is a fucking retarded thing to do, who knew?
>>
>>2130026
If you can make the commute, there's this really awesome guy in Glendale. His name is Edmond. He's awesome.
>>
>>2130027
Japanese warfare was highly ritualized and unrealistic. That is why the mongols ripped the samurai apart, and the Japanese had to rely on the weather to save them.
>>
>>2131278
Well there was the part where he tackled him transitioned from side control to mount, allowed white shirt guy to roll over without losing top position then sunk his legs inbetween white shirt's thighs so that he couldn't get up or roll over again then beat the shit out of him.

I swear, you're the most intentionally dense arm chair commentator I've ever met. If they don't do everything to your exact specifications then it's not bjj.
>>
>>2131378
you probably don't do bjj which is why you might not realize this but;

It's supplementary training at this point for a lot of top mma fighters because they already took the 8-10+ years to get really good at grappling.

If you're starting from square one it certainly wouldn't be supplementary training, you'd be getting submitted every fight or taken down and beaten up if you didn't know what you're doing on the ground.

Also it's WAY easier to not get choked or submitted than it is to do the submission on someone else. Defense in grappling is much easier than offence for the most part. So once you know your opponent can't submit you, and you know you're not going to take him down and try to submit him.. there's no reason to focus too much on the ground game.

but calling it "supplementary training" isn't taking into account the years and endless hours they spent learning it before they became professional fighters.

go watch randy couture vs james toney to see how an expert striker gets dealt with thinking they don't need to train any bjj / wrestling
>>
>>2131378
>everyone trains it
>therefore it's stupid and irrelevant
>>
>>2131357
on daniel cormier wikipedia page

(AKA)
Rank Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu[4] under Leandro Vieira[5]

gee, brown belt rank sure isn't "supplementary training" in my eyes.
>>
File: boi.jpg (12KB, 227x171px) Image search: [Google]
boi.jpg
12KB, 227x171px
>>2131510
>>2131525
>>2131531
>>2131534
>>2131539
the samefag is STROOONG with this one, Try to keep it in one post if you could

more importantly, see pic related.
This position right here happened at the beginning of the fight, all he had to do was grab the tricep, knee on belly, and put his forehead down and he has a tight as fuck armbar sunk in. A 6 month white belt should know that, instead he struggles around like an idiot for another few minutes.
he never trained, and neither did you since you didn't recognize the position either
>>
Grapplers are drama queens, shocking
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-09-16-50-16.png (425KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-09-16-50-16.png
425KB, 1080x1920px
>>2131617
>hurr durr samefagging

Pic related, more than one person thinks you're a retard

>b-but it's not BJJ because he didn't do x and instead opted for y which worked out equally well

Ok, boss.
>>
File: 2HZ3qWX.jpg (119KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
2HZ3qWX.jpg
119KB, 800x800px
how does muay thai defence differ from boxing?
starting muay thai next wednesday and some autist at v told me muay thai defence is bad against boxing
>>
>>2131823
Low kick him
>>
>>2131539
You don't need to be a black belt to compete at the highest level of mma. you just have to have be able to defend against it. same with wrestling.
>>
>>2131823
Boxers are really good at defending against punches, mauy thai fighters are kinda good at defending against both punches and kicks. Boxers have no answer to kicks.

That about sums it up.
>>
>>2129514

>WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A MARTIAL ARTS GYM:

be unbiased and objective
- the coaches Are knowledgeable
- the coaches are able to evaluate students objectively
- the coaches can use their knowledge to solve problems and answer questions logically
- the physical conditioning methods follow scientifically valid facts
- in turn, people get better, people have fun, because of the fact that that's what makes a good gym, not despite the fact
>>
>>2131989
>Boxers are really good at defending against punches,
In specific ways. They're not good at defending against punches with elbow blocks, they're not good at defending against punches with kicks, they're not good at defending against punches with parries, they're not good at defending against punches with a variety of blocks.
>>
>>2131801
he didn't do any jiujitsu, another fine example is he steps over the guys legs to get into mount instead of knee cutting across the belt line, that's a cardinal sin, which you should know
>>
>>2132409
>defending against punches with kicks
How
>>
>>2132409
Boxers are better dealing with punches, that's the entire sport.
>>
>>2133085
well yeah, as long as those punches are delivered to the front of the body, above the belt, by the front of the knuckles, on a hand wearing gloves and wraps that take up a lot of space, while also wearing wraps and gloves that take up a lot of space too
>>
>>2131857
Hey retard how the fuck do you think these guys are able to "defend" against wrestling? Pro tip: it's because they fucking wrestle. Quit acting like it has gone the way of the dodo when fighters who neglect it are still getting caught because of it. MMA fighters have to become well rounded in everything. This striker vs grappler bullshit was decided in a little competition called UFC 1 and fighters have become more diverse in their approach ever since.
>>
>>2133404
please don't use UFC 1 as an example. Strikers weren't allowed to punch unless they wore boxing gloves
>>
>>2133421
Source on that claim? This looks like they're punching each other closed fist to me
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpw5pgjcuU4
>>
>>2133421
>literally making things up
>>
>>2131617
i didn't watch that vid and in my defense, only two of those posts were me

>>2131510
>>2131525
>>2131531 (You)
>>2131534
>>2131539 (You)
>>
File: crosstrain.png (8KB, 464x338px) Image search: [Google]
crosstrain.png
8KB, 464x338px
what arts do people crosstrain here? i'm planning on adding bjj to my kempo once i have the means.
>>
>>2133794
I mix Kickboxing / Muay Thai, BJJ, Wrestling and [spoiler]Sykes knife fighting.[/spoiler]

>>2133421
What is Gerard Gordeau vs Kevin Rosier?
>>
>>2131193
You don't watch much mma outside bellator and ufc do you?
>>
File: 1483187055983.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1483187055983.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>2131234
You just show what a mma noob you are. You don't know about the rules, their evolution and their role on the meta game of MMA.
There is a reason why wreslters and strikers dominate now in MMA, but you can't fathom it.
>BJJ less relevant...
Hall, Diaz, Werdum, Jacaré, Silva and half of the ufc rooster disagree with you.
Citing Champion as example on how you're right is stupid. 3 years ago 3 of them were Brazilian and bjj black belt.
You're the one that actually doesn't train to spill bullshit like you just did...
I know 4 chin is shitty, but c'mon on... not that shitty... maybe yes.
>>
File: 1481332067486.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481332067486.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>2131278
>where was the bjj
Implying bjj has not strikes. There are strikes even in judo, They are called atemi.
>>2131313
>i said wrestling is slowing fading
Please shut your trap, you don't know crap about mma.
>>2131341
The belt holders are stacked with wrestlers, there are no bjj fighters among them
Silva and aldo were champion for so long that you forget that they were bjj black belt.
>>2131378
>the facts are bjj is irrelevant except for supplementary training
Ask Manyard, Lobov for this, even Rockhold, Weidman or Nunes...
>>
>>2133838
Be honest, you don't actually train sykes style knife fighting you just watched a video or read about it in an image macro.
>>
>>2133794
I'm planning to add BJJ to my judo. A little redundant, I know, but I don't care for anything that might give me a concussion.
>>
>>2134309
Nah man, they perfectly compliment each other. Judo gets you them to the ground, BJJ helps from there. BJJ will make your Judo better, and Judo will make your MT better.

>>2133794
MT, BJJ and TKD right now.

Also
>tfw when someone has 90 pounds and three belts on you and you're doing a better job throwing him.
FEELSGOODMAN
>>
File: 52634623512354.jpg (21KB, 352x199px) Image search: [Google]
52634623512354.jpg
21KB, 352x199px
>>2134454
i missed you senpai
>dat superior leverage doe
>>
>>2134026
>caring about serra bjj
They don't even compete
>>
Is it realistic to want to train martial arts but not end up fucking my joints/brain damaged?
>>
>>2136876
not even a little bit
>>
>>2136876
Only if you mean serious damage. You'll get an injury eventually but the seriousness will depend on training method, sparring partners, and luck. And how hard you push yourself obviously. Recovery is super fucking important. You're probably not gonna fuck up your acl or get punch drunk though, unless you have shit luck or your body tells you to fuck off.
>>
>tfw BJJ starts again today after 2 weeks off
Maybe today we'll finally do some stand-up, for the first time ever.
>>
>>2134092
I'll be honest, I'm never going to train the real thing. Because Eric Sykes is dead. But a majority of the material he produced is out there, combine that with standard marker pen sparring and you've at least got a watered down version.
>>
File: misogynist mata leao.jpg (96KB, 811x540px) Image search: [Google]
misogynist mata leao.jpg
96KB, 811x540px
>>2135990
Implying I give a special fuck about serra bjj.
>>2134309
Not redundant at all, and twisted limbs are sometimes worse than concussion cause they often last longer.
>>2136876
If you train correctly, i.e. smart, your chance of serious damage is minimal.
>>
>>2136876
Do points karate. Maybe not as practical as Muay Thai, but chances are you won't get a concussion.
>>
>>2136876
Sure, just find a gym that doesn't take it too seriously
>>
>>2131193
Literally everyone in mma uses bjj. Grappling has become this hybrid now that mixes wrestling and bjj.
>>
MARTIAL ARTS TIER RANKING:

god tier:
MMA (boxing, muay thai, wrestling and submission grappling base)

demi-god tier:
MMA (rest of combinations, bases and styles)
muay thai
kickboxing K1/low kick
boxing
"MMA striking", boxing/kickboxing/muay thai combo
freestyle wrestling
no-gi submission grappling

great tier:
savate
lethwei
sanda
shoot boxing
combat sambo
combat wrestling
catch wrestling
sambo
brazilian jiu-jitsu
luta livre

good tier:
full contact kicboxing (no leg kicks)
full contact kickboxing with taekwondo influente
full contact kickboxing with karate influente
kyokushin karate
any style of full contact karate
old shooto/amateur pankration A.K.A. "MMA for faggots that hates strikes in the ground"
kudo
combat jujutsu
competetive jujutsu
judo
greco-roman wrestling

mediocre tier:
vovinam
folk wrestling
jacket wrestling
Shuai jiao
glima
Bökh

good fundamentals but in their own are not useful in a real fight for being point fighting:
shotokan karate
point fighting kickboxing
point fighting boxing

has some good kicks but the 90% of it is pure shit:
taekwondo

bad tier:
traditional karate
traditional jujutsu
belt wrestling
kurash
turkish oil wrestlig A.K.A. "is not gay if balls don't touch"
sumo
krav maga
self-defense martial arts
no mcdojo kenpo
capoeira
dambe
combatives

pure shit tier:
meme karate
meme self-defense martial arts
ALL kung fu
mc dojo taekwondo
taichi
Kajukenbo
baji quan
tang soo do
aikido
any meme martial art
SYSTEMA
all korean ""matial arts"" aside of taekwondo
wing chun
Jeet Kune Do
mcdojo kenpo
danzan-ryu jujutsu
silat
hapkido
ninjutsu
shin kicking
tai-chi
Chun Kuk Do
""combat jiu-jitsu"" eddie bravo slapping tournament
>>
>>2139402
tier posting is always terrible, go away
>>
>>2139402

Didn't read
>>
>>2139428
I'd report him for spam but there are no mods here anyway
anyone that calls MMA a fighting style should be disregarded immediately anyway
>>
>>2139402
> capoeira not shit tier
>>
>>2132854
I actually noticed that too, although it could be adrenaline tunnel vision, if you've never rolled outside of the lovely cradle of a gym, you'll only remember the five or so things you've committed to muscle memory, until you develop adrenal control, which only comes from getting in a lot of fights
>>
>>2133062
Kek
>>
>>2133251
To an extent, but that's like saying a bjj fighter who primarily trains in gi wouldn't be able to guillotine someone out of a gi. It would have benefits too, the boxer would be faster without his gloves on for example
>>
>>2139402
Depends on the goal of the fight. If it's survival, you better hope it's not you versus an Israeli Krav expert
>>
>>2140707
I never got this meme, do people think Krav "experts" go around fighting some Kung fu master or some shit? Who do they even fight
>>
>>2140971
nobody. There isn't any video evidence of krav being used in a fight
>>
>>2139402
stfu with your tier rankings
>>
>>2134521
Aw, I can't believe I'm sempai.

>>2136876
Yes, but you have to prioritize that in your training. You gotta take days off, and you got to stop when you're hurting. You're not going to go as fast and as far, but that's a trade off.
>>
>>2138218
It's funny, I've found the opposite. Now that I train with professionals, they're way more conscious of the risk of injuries, because who wants to blow 40 grand sparring?
>>
>>2142038
>f-a-m still gets censored to senpai
you still tied as my fav namefag with bb

>>2139402
great tier: gyms that spar and use non-compliant training
shit tier:gyms that don't spar and only use compliant training
>>
>>2140971
>>2141422
While I myself have no training in Krav, I am very close with someone who has been training Krav from a very young age, he's technically not an expert or patched or whatever Krav lineages do, but I've never sparred with someone who 360 defends better or walks me down more efficiently. Admittedly most of Krav is "dirty" because it was designed to be only really used for lethal situations, nut kicks, eye gouges, etc.
>>
>>2130026
Nam pham mma is awsome. It's off stanford/Brookhurst right there. It's a little smaller and has a real nice vibe there. The head coach has been fighting for years profession ally so you get some big names that come byboccasionally. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>2139830
>anyone that calls MMA a fighting style should be disregarded immediately anyway
This fucking this
>>
>>2129514
So I'm moving back to Ireland in July, trying to find anywhere to train Judo that's realistically nearby for me has been impossible, I did find this though in my town

http://www.tapology.com/gyms/3882-full-power-mma

What do we think, does it look a bit McDojo? I personally don't think so since they compete, still I think I'd ask, I mean, there's a few photos of the juniors which look pretty cringe but adult wise I suppose if I can't do Judo then getting back into kickboxing and doing a bit of BJJ or Wrasslin' would do. I just want to get my moneys worth.
>>
>>2142941
>I just want to get my moneys worth
Water is much more valuable in the desert than it is in the rainforest.
In the desert, the nastiest, most colorful, bacteria infested, microbe infested water would fetch a decent price.
>>
>>2142192
Nut kicking and eye gouging isn't a skill. I can do a pretty mean kick to the nads, I didn't need training
>>
>>2139402
Actual martial arts tier ranking:

Top tier:
Whatever martial art you enjoy practicing and for which you can find a good, affordable dojo near you.

Shit tier:
Everything else.
>>
File: Skill of the Streets.webm (3MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
Skill of the Streets.webm
3MB, 202x360px
>>2143201
Just like punching someone in the jaw isn't a skill, right?
>>
>>2143438
was that webbum supposed to suggest the guy is a good fighter or a bad one?
because what I see are a bunch of fast, but wild ineffective haymakers putting the guy off balance every time he threw one

none of those punches had anything on them, which is why he landed 23+ and the guy only got a bloody nose
>>
>>2143201
>>2143438
If nut kicking is a skill, you're definitely worse at it then the TKD guys, so your memes are still irrelevant.
>>
>>2143438

Literally what do you mean by this? There are many factors determining punching skill, how is it possible to improve at grabbing some guys nuts?
>>
File: 1441638168271.png (85KB, 995x873px) Image search: [Google]
1441638168271.png
85KB, 995x873px
i don't have the template, but i could try to remake it if we can make this a thing again
>>
>>2143660
worse at it than the TKD guys*
>>
>>2143660
TKD guys are known for their lack of leg kick skill.
>>
>>2143438
>Krav fag can't form an actual argument
You fuckers are such pussies Jesus christ. There's banter between arts but who unironically respects Krav practitioners, it helps you master the art of mediocre striking and shitty grappling.
>>
>>2143438
That dude takes a bunch of punches and just turns away. He doesn't hit back. He doesn't cover up. He doesn't try to run away. He just turns and wipes his nose.

I don't understand what he was trying to accomplish.
>>
How does one train UFC?
>>
>>2129514

I found out John Quietman Ruiz opened up a boxing gym not too far from me. Should I join? It's pretty cheap
>>
>>2144857

Pick a base, branch off with opposite technique

For instance: Start BJJ. After a bit, see if there's any striking gyms. If your dojo also teaches striking take both. There are "MMA" gyms that give you fundies of octagon fighting.
>>
>>2144845
he basically got sucker punched and was just shocked
>>2144877
tfw I train only mma
does 2 weeks of tkd and a month of kickboxing count as a base?
>>
File: bruh.jpg (64KB, 640x617px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
64KB, 640x617px
>>2144895

>2 weeks

oh dude you should be a blackbelt by this point
>>
>>2144897
that costs extra
>>
>>2144899

you'll never UFC for free, cough up the cash
>>
>>2129514
https://www.youtube.com/user/tristargymcanada

add this to OP

Tristar's channel is excellent for MMA, especially BJJ for MMA.
>>
>>2144877
>>2144895
Fuck that stupid ass bullshit. The best base for MMA is fucking MMA.
You learn your striking stances along with your wrestling stances.
You learn your jab along with your front kick.
You learn your elbows and knees with your takedowns and submissions.
You learn your stand up game along with your ground game.

What kind of stupid ass bullshit mother fucker is running a MMA gym, and then teaching people some martial arts and then expecting the students to learn how to mix the martial arts themselves? A lot of people, actually, because people are uneducated, stupid, delusional, ignorant, shithead pieces of shit.
>>
>>2146289
>expecting the students to learn how to mix the martial arts themselves
that isn't what MMA means

mixed martial arts is the format, as in it's an open competition.
there are karate competitions, boxing competitions, wrestling competitions and so on
Mixed martial arts means it's inclusive and you can do what ever you want, it doesn't necessarily mean the fighters are mixing martial arts together, and for most of the history of the sport, they weren't.
People only recently stopped being hyper specialized and going for the all around approach. But that created a jack of all trades master of none environment among many fighters and so people who are hyper specialized are seeing success again
>>
>>2146289
>expecting the students to learn how to mix the martial arts themselves
Nope.
For example, starting with the basics. Striking sport have the power hand in the rear, leading with the weak hand. Grappling sports tend to work the opposite, strong hand leading. How do you manage this all? You got to understand the notion of distance in combat sports/MA. This is why the strong hand is in the back, because the striking distance is bigger than grappling distance thus you got to manage strikes before grappling.... Whatever, so few here train.
>>2146467
MMA is a sport. Vale tudo/No hold barred were martial arts.
Rules makes sport, especially when they are so restricting. An art form, be it martial, is as free as human mind is able to be.
>>
>>2146687
>How do you manage this all?
>so few here train
Since you train, you should know. But if you actually trained, you'd know it doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>2146687
>This is why the strong hand is in the back, because striking distance is bigger than grappling distance thus you got to manage strikes before grappling
That's horse shit. Come back when you actually train.
>>
Going to bjj class tonight gonna have some fun.
>>
if I organized a tournament and hand picked opponents I know I could beat, then won the tournament, much like royce gracie did

is there any reason I couldn't legitimately call myself a world champion?
>>
>>2147780
27 time world champi
>>
>>2147780
if you have enough money, you can claim to be anything
>>
>>2148049
At some point people will just see you as a crazy guy with money.
>>
>>2148084
>who is ashida kim
>>
>>2148096
not sure
>>
>>2148126
A crazy guy who pretended to be a martial arts master for awhile. Not sure what he's up to now that he's faded into obscurity
>>
>>2148148
are you sure about that? google says he's an internationally renowned martial arts expert!
>>
>>2148175
https://youtu.be/wZsndq9sGpA

Pretty sure
>>
>>2148421
We have a new flagbearer for /mag//asp/
>>
File: ebneb.jpg (39KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
ebneb.jpg
39KB, 500x750px
I've trained boxing a couple years and am now starting Muay Thai. I believe that I understand what it takes to develop comprehensive skill in striking. My absolute biggest weakness, however, is wrestling/grappling. I'm really shit at pretty much every aspect, wrestling, takedowns, submission, so much that I get dominated even when "play"wrestling with my smaller friends. I just don't have a basic understanding of how to even do anything. After I've gotten a bit more into Muay Thai, I definitely want to train a sport where I can practice this other half of fighting.

From what I've read here, it seems that either BJJ or Wrestling is the best option. Maybe both? Will doing just BJJ give me a decent foundation in wrestling as well as takedowns? Is it easier to just do wrestling? Probably noob question but what exactly are the differences between BJJ and wrestling? Google doesn't really give a straight answer in terms of how much focus there is on the specific aspects of the sports.

I'm not aiming to go pro or anything, I just want to be adept at grappling and wrestling, because even if I'm a good striker I will feel as if I have a huge weak spot by not being able to fight on the ground/get someone on the ground.
>>
>>2148898
>Is it easier to just do wrestling?
Personally, I've never found Just Wrestling outside of schools. You could try doing an MMA gym's grappling program, but sometimes that's just BJJ, too, because BJJ is a meme.

A good MMA gym will have a decent grappling system, though, and they usually have some stronger wrestling elements.
>>
>>2148898
Find a bjj school that practices standup grappling
>>
>>2149644
>highly respected bjj lineage
>stand up amounts to aikido tier wrist grabs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIrmxEVqPhU
>>
>>2149806
so this....is the power of a bjj black belt
>>
>>2149806
I don't get why so many BJJ schools refuse to teach or learn effective standup.

They peddle the shit that "Most fights end up on the ground", but they have no idea how to actually get it there.
>>
File: lucky_armbar_mma.webm (942KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
lucky_armbar_mma.webm
942KB, 500x278px
>>2150190
Because fucking IBJJF ruined the art. Gracie Barra got sick of Judoka and Wrestler wrecking Bjjers with big throws. Until 2004 at least, if you were standing and your opponent was sitting, the referee would stand your opponent up. Both Ibjjf and cbjjf were on this, then Ibjjf went awry when it started to get more success abroad because of less gringo'ed craps.
.gif not directly related, but still... MMA
>Captcha: Hiroshima traffic shield.
>>
>>2147780
you can also say you are 300-0
>>
>>2150497
400*
>>
>>2150450
darn, did the chubby guy ever do any grappling? he coulda sat out of that. He would still be in triangle territory but the elbow wasn't super deep, he probably woulda been able to escape it
>>
File: 1480600630131.jpg (39KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480600630131.jpg
39KB, 599x600px
>>2148898
Judo and wrestling will teach you the most effective base. (inb4 judo no legs, any reputable school teaches leg work)
BJJ teaches you an effective base on the ground, working from bottom and is interesting and helpful, but if you're goal is to use your primary ability of striking, stick with something that starts on your feet.

The common mistake is to only strengthen your weaknesses, but not to pad your strengths. You're a good striker, you want to continue being a good striker, do something that compliments that as opposed to antagonizes it.

I do not consider stylistic advantages to be a thing, only arts as different subsets of striking and grappling. Judo will teach you a ton of ways to slam people into the ground, bjj will teach you tons of ways of what to do when you get there (with more options than judo at least)

You clearly want to become a complete or somewhat complete fighter based off of your urge to learn grappling, so try it all. Wrestle, do Judo, and do BJJ, more practice never hurts.

That being said, for most people with time constraints, I recommend wrestling or traditional Judo. Judo will teach you leg attacks, as well as it's throwing and takedown ability, while teaching chokes and submissions (enough of them at least) At my judo club we practice gi and no gi, and with leg attacks and no leg attacks. It's hard to find a really good school but they're out there.

Wrestling teaches you physicality as well as excellent top position and pressure, and frankly is a very pure form of grappling. Very little room for error. Most wrestling guys know how to defend submissions instinctively simply due to their positioning alone.

BJJ at a bjj school rarely does standup, and as mainly a judoka/wrestler, visiting BJJ gyms means slamming nerds, then going for my subs from a dominant position with a dazed opponent. HOWEVER, if I make a mistake during my takedown, or don't do it with enough juice, we're on an even field from subs alone.
>>
>>2150806
>goes to bjj schools to judo throw people
Wow you must be so good.
>>
>>2150838
I go to bjj schools to work on my submissions, would you like me to intentionally not use my skillset why? For my game, I do not find myself on the ground from 50/50s, or from standard bjj starting positions, I either get taken down or take someone down, so why would my training not reflect how I grapple?

>he goes to a wrestling room to submit people
Are you expecting the bjj guy to not do that?
(granted rules are agreed upon beforehand (everyone knows takedowns are a part of life m8))
>>
>>2150895
>visiting BJJ gyms means slamming nerds
Yeah that totally sounds like you go there to work on submissions
>>
>>2150915
>visiting BJJ gyms means slamming nerds, then going for my subs from a dominant position with a dazed opponent
>then going for my subs from a dominant position with a dazed opponent
>then going for my subs

Sorry I used the word nerds. They're not nerds. It's part of my vernacular.

I try to expose myself to as many forms of grappling as possible. Me enjoying the sport and 'throwing nerds' is part of the fun for me, as much as a pin or sub is fun for the wrestler/bjj guy. That's normal.
>>
>>2150949
Ok dude.
>>
Why are like 9/10 people I meet who tell me they do martial arts huge faggots
>>
>>2151874
Maybe you attract huge faggots? Or because most people you meet period are huge faggots.
>>
File: 2u8e3jk.gif (3MB, 228x180px) Image search: [Google]
2u8e3jk.gif
3MB, 228x180px
>>
>>2150956
>>2150915
>>2150838
Butthurt BJJ cuck detected
>>
>>2153894
Why isn't kickboxing more popular? It's all the striking of mma with no grappling that most casual fans find boring. It's just shit like this with no WRASTLING
>>
>>2153963
it was popular in the 90s

and poofy gloves is the reason. It's stupid because of the gloves. Same reason boxing it shit. It isn't fun to watch guys turtle up an eat punches
>>
>>2153979
>same reason boxing is shit
UFCtard detected
>>
>>2154035
boxing is a dead sport, don't pretend it isn't
>>
>>2154037
Fighting is a dead sport. The ufc has one star that outsells every other fighter, boxing at least has some people that are up and coming famous
>>
>>2153962
Smark detected stop trying to pretend it is real.
>>
File: 1340979166300.gif (3MB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
1340979166300.gif
3MB, 230x173px
>>2153979
Nope. UFC finalized its mutation into a TV mashable product and Muay Thai started to reach the US at the time it could have become popular. So it died in the middle.
>>
File: 1483193286273.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483193286273.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>2150806
I have to agree with you. Even in my school, we don't do enough standing.
>>2150895
>>2150949
it's cool from you to share your knowledge with them (bjjers) so they can work on their weakness.
>>2154222
Despite your trips, you don't know what you're talking about. MMA is the fastest growing sport worldwide. Every other combat sports is outshined by MMA. This while Judo, KB/MT and boxing are gaining shares of the global market and some of their selling faces are getting more and more well-known to the non-combat based audience.
>>
>>2154870
Lmao no
>>
So I started Judo a few months ago and I'm having a hard time throwing people in randori, even other white belts. I have no problems in newaza or doing drills, but I can't bring myself to commit to a throw, it just feels like my opponent is going to change their balance and I won't be able to finish my throw, or it will come down to a contest of strength. How do I fix this?
>>
>>2156650
well I don't know about all of that. I started judo last february and I go many nights a week and I'm still not really any better at judo than the day I started

I realized where I joined is very much a judo club, and not a judo school. Everyone is a black belt, some even 4th degree, and theres a red and white belt that comes sometimes, or brown belts that are preparing for tournaments so they can rank up and get black belts

They don't teach me anything, it's basically a lions den for people already really good at judo. I'm trying to learn by doing but it isn't going well, they basically just use me as fodder to try stuff out on
>>
>>2131278

yoooo! At what point is he in position for an instant armbar? I see he is pushing on his chest at some point, but his arm is at the outside, if he transitioned into spider web the best thing he has is a shoulder entanglement sticking his hand under the armpit and putting pressure on his elbow.
>>
>>2156864
maybe you should go somewhere else
>>
>>2156864
That sounds like a really shitty place, I think you should go somewhere else unless that's the only place to do Judo in your town and you really, really, really love the sport, and even then maybe consider doing something else like wrestling or BJJ. Otherwise you may end spending years of hard efforts and realizing that you've learned very little. But hey, if you do decide to stay, good luck and try your best.
>>
>>2156650
Practice. Throwing is not intuitive, but resisting a throw is. On top of that, you are not allowed to set throws up with atemi (which is what should be happening in a real engagement). Just keep practicing. One day it'll happen and you'll surprise yourself.
>>
>>2156865
it's a reverse armbar attacking the arm the guy on the bottom put over the guy on tops shoulder. He secures that arm in the position it's in and goes knee on belly, then knee cuts about half way so his knee is touching the ground. With his left leg he knee cuts across the guys throat/collar area which locks him down because he can't move his head. by leaning forward the guy on bottoms arm will straiten out because it's trapped against the guy on tops shoulder. For added pressure he guy on top can put his head on to the ground which will make it very tight. He just hugs the elbow into himself against his chest. So essentially his shoulder is pushing the straightened arm in one direction and he's pulling the elbow back in the other direction.
>>
>>2129514
is 20 to old to start boxing?
and if it's not will everyone in the class be 15 years old and will I be embarrassed?

>inb4 please do BJJ or kickboxing anon I do not like boxing- eue
>>
>>2157006
I started boxing my senior year of high school at 18, and I'm almost 21 now. I wouldn't say it's too old, as long as you're in okay shape
>>
>>2157064
I started kickboxing when I was 14 at bellmore kickbox which is where chris weidman came out of. I'm 27 now and I still really suck..like I'm really bad
I don't know why that is
>>
>>2156978
Thanks. Should I do extra uchikomi at home? Will that help or will I just develop bad habits?
>>
>>2156650
>>2156864

Being beaten continually is the only way to get better. Lion's den style of training produces great results. If you could train with olympians for 5 months without offbalancing a single one of them once, you'll be much better than you think you are.
It is demoralizing, but helpful. I recently got the chance to train with some of the best in the USA during a trip to Pedros place in boston, and I know that if i could train there for a year without beating anyone, I would still improve dramatically.
>>
>>2156864
>literally complaining that he's training with high class athletes
why do martial arts discussions have so many pussies and faggots?
>>
File: yoko otoshi.gif (1MB, 349x281px) Image search: [Google]
yoko otoshi.gif
1MB, 349x281px
>>2156864
You're a lucky mo'fo!
You wnat to get good at Judo Using more you brain than your brawl? Learn the name of the techniques. There is a curriculum free on the internet for each level (kyu) until blackbelt (shodan). Get it, learn it and ask for one technique standing (tachi-waza) and one on the ground (ne-waza) every training session.
Ask them to do some do some uchikomi about said tachi-waza technique.
The learn the syllabus:
>judodictionary
google it.
>>
>>2159214
Lower level training partners are just as vital as higher level ones. Without them, you never get to develop your game to its full potential, as you never get the chance to finetune it. If you never manage to throw someone, you won't become a great thrower.

Definitely fucked over my tachi waza. By the time where I got to the point where I became able to throw other members of our clubs competition team, most were forced to quit. I was left with people who were taller, heavier and more technically skilled than I was - and I'm over 1m80 / 6'0 and 80kg / 175lbs. I couldn't throw them at all, and, as I also picked up BJJ at the time, I became overly reliant on ne waza. I compete successfully at local level, but ALL my wins, with one single exception, were on the ground. On the ground, I can make people who compete at high level look like beginners, but I can only dream of throwing someone who competes at local level.
>>
>>2129514
>Raghu Rai
>Wrestlers in a Akhara, Delhi
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html?zx=21f0869b60adc218
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_30.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_885.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/01/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html
>>
I do love how people find that you can have a room full of brown and black belts, yet they can't teach you a damn thing.
This is why it feels good being a teacher.
>>
>>2162798
Yep, people can do the thing but they have no idea of how they do it or why it works and can't explain shit
>>
>>2162798
This, desu. I work in academia and it's amazing how some of the smartest people ever will be utter shit at teaching.
>>
/Mag/ is dead
>>
>>2164586
Ur ded m8
>>
>>2129514
What's are some good styles to learn practical self-defense and fighting techniques without acquiring brain damage.

Would wrestling/judo + BJJ work well?
>>
>>2164669
>find a local school that does non-compliant training
everything else is just flavour
>>
>>2164714
I'm moving to Northern Virginia soon; that area isn't lacking martial arts schools.
>>
>>2164669
At least learn how to strike u nerd
>>
>>2150806
What are the pros and cons of wrestling vs. judo? Which would be more useful for a beginner?
>>
>>2164669
A self defense orientated bjj school is what you're looking for.
>>
>>2159214
>>2159583
you see, here's the thing. They go very hard with me. on my second day a brown belt did a drop soei nage to me at full speed, and I didn't even know what was happening. Almost broke my neck, I barely tucked my head and got spiked.

in defense of the club, the black belts ripped into him for doing that to me because he should know better and I never saw him again after that
>>
>>2165124
it's always the brown belts

Have you tried asking people on how to improve your technique? If there's any open mat time, then you should probably ask around for someone to teach you in a more in depth fashion. I'm sure there's at least one nice person there who's willing to spend some time showing you how to do the throw they specialise in
>>
>>2165069
>self defense orientated bjj

>self defense
>bjj

When will this dumb meme end?

http://www.bjjee.com/articles/bjj-black-belts-point-of-view-why-jiu-jitsu-is-not-suitable-for-street-fighting/
>As a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu and instructor, former competitor, Jiu-Jitsu instructor to the French Police and having worked in the security industry in various situations (music festivals, bars, nightclubs, commercial centers) I have acquired a personal opinion on this subject that I will share with you and, perhaps, will not fail to surprise most of you.
>Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is absolutely not suitable for street fighting …

>Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is absolutely not suitable for street fighting …

Said by a black belt in bjj. Read the beginning of the article, the writer have also black belt in bjj and traditional jj.
>>
>>2166487
>bjj
>not suitable for a street fight

When will this meme end

>w-well this one guy said this

Well this guy said this
https://youtu.be/UyXERDeMbKI

And these guys did this

https://youtu.be/HlpX1DwEB1k
https://youtu.be/6V97Pnljj7I
https://youtu.be/sd9-8JWgnm8
>>
>>2166777
That graciebreakdown guy is so fucking obnoxious
>>
>>2166984
I agree, but I couldn't find the original video
>>
>>2165012
Both have their restricted rule sets. Judo emphasizes landing a throw as opposed to maintaining position. If the throw is big and mean, then it's good for judo. However, submissions are utilized in judo and are executed with speed and ferocity. Wrestling (folkstyle in particular) is about controlling your opponent standing and on the ground. Unlike judo, wrestling allows leg attacks (as long as you're aren't competing in greco) and basically every standing throwing technique I can think of. Submissions are not taught in wrestling, unless you manage to find the one catch wrestling place in the world. What are your opportunities to wrestle or train judo? It would be cool to train both but as a wrestler myself, I know that during the wrestling season it is impossible to train anything else due to the stringent nature of a wrestler's training schedule.
>>
>>2166487
his entire crux of his shitty argument is that there's no takedowns in BJJ
>>
File: 1290889848623.gif (3MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1290889848623.gif
3MB, 300x200px
>>2165417
>it's always the brown belts
Mynigga.jpeg
>>2165124
Work on your ukemi .... Sad for what happened to you, but it made you stronger and wiser.
Keep going, do look for the yellow/orange belt technique, chose one, ask the bb about every lesson. don't forget to work it on your own. To do so ask them to show you the technique without partenr also and copy the move.
You should then work this move alone, this method of training is called: Tandoku renshy.
It helps.
next lesson warm you up with the move worked the previous lesson, ask about a new technique and try both at randori.
>>
>>2166777
You can hammer a nail into a piece of wood with a screwdriver, that doesn't mean a screwdriver is suitable for hammering nails like, for example, a fucking hammer.
Don't even get me started on how some nails are bitch nails.
>>
Is boxing, muay Thai and bjj a good combo that can work well in rl situations?
>>
>>2167660
Self defense oriented parts of MMA gyms can be good for RL situations.
It's usually some combination of Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Judo, BJJ, and Krav Maga.

But there's nothing like a gun and sparring + drills + compliant technique practice + technique practice with a gun.
>>
>>2167660
Controversial opinion here, if you spent all that time doing only one of those things it would work even better
>>
>>2167105
Unless we give the sparsely taught sloppy ones more credit than they are due, this is functionally true. It hardly happens that I get taken down during BJJ class, and it's invariably the people who crosstrain(ed) who manage. Or me trying extremely fancy shit or not caring/giving the takedown to let the other person improve their game.
>>
>>2168183
Not everyones school slacks on the takedowns at my school we are practicing takedowns every day, so sure your jiu jitsu might not be good for self defense but that doesn't mean that mine isn't great for self defense.
>>
>>2167100
Thanks for the info. It seems like wrestling would be more useful. Have you ever wrestled a judoka? I've heard that the reason for the IJF limiting actions one can take in Judo is because Sambo practitioners btfo of them in competition.
>>
>>2168470
That's kind of a meme. If we're talking leg grabs, the removal was a combination of the possibility of wrestling being taken out of the Olympics and of the metagame where people would score partial points and then stall with leg grabs and stuff. Its even stupider, but less embarrassing (to them). Honestly while I'd love to have leg grabs since I'm newb enougj to not have been around when they were, supposedly the worst part about the rules is not having certain counters that required grabbing the legs, and defending against singles and doubles.
>>
>>2157330
Maybe you're not a striker. Try judo or wrestling
>>
>>2167841
I hope you're not trolling. I don't care what anyone says, it's mostly out of just hope, but I like to think the veey fucking best of boxing, wrestling, muay thai, judo, and whatever can overcome mma. I just like the idea of some karate badass kicking the shit out of some mma guy. That being said I still crosstrain
>>
File: asset_1024x1024.png (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
asset_1024x1024.png
107KB, 1024x768px
>>2167841
Most bjj schools don't work as old bjj was, where MMA was the goal to achieve. Nowdays they focus on groundwork and also neglect standing and self-defense where basic boxing skills are a must.
>>
>>2168470
They both have their utilities. I think that's an exaggeration honestly as >>2168496 pointed out.
>>
>>2170016
this is why I'm happy that my bjj coach did sambo for many years, becuase there's lots of bjj stuff you would do for sport that immediately stops working once people start punching. So if it doesn't work with strikes involved, he doesn't teach it.
>>
>>2170412
>So if it doesn't work with strikes involved, he doesn't teach it.
This so much.
.gif partially related
>>
>>2170016
Are you saying bjj schools should teach basic boxing skills? Or are you saying they should teach stand up defense?
>>
File: switch step to elbow.gif (4MB, 340x349px) Image search: [Google]
switch step to elbow.gif
4MB, 340x349px
>>2170563
Both, because to me basic boxing skills are basic self defense.
How do you want to train to do a jab-cross-double-leg if you cannot do a proper jab?
How do you want to train to cut the distance if you cannot defend the basic jab-cross?
You have to know how to do a jab-cross to have your partner feel threatned and learn the proper defence/counter/dodge.
>>
>>2131022
it's possible. You have the best chance to keep them away even though you're bait
>>
anyone going to bellator 170? I'll be there bought a ticket I hope it's fun.
>>
Go to boxing gym, everyone's friendly as fuck, pro and amateur fighters training for up coming fights, sparring is taken seriously and great care is taken to keep people's chins (and brains) unfucked. People training in whatever, more serious people have boxing shoes/boots and high quality gloves.

Go to a Muay Thai gym, everyone's shitty and nervous looking like they've got chronic masturbation issues or some shit. No real fighters except coaches. Sparring in every class including beginners, nobody looks like they can fight let alone look like any muay thai fighter you've ever seen, just swinging wild hooks at each other like charlie Zelenoff. No headgear or mouth guard, 16oz gloves etc. Everyone has the fanciest thai shorts and gloves, flames on everything, some people wearing the thai arm bands even though they're onviously been doing it for a few weeks.

And I thought MT nut huggers on the internet were bad..
>>
>>2168270
We do takedowns every class, and there's a self defence class once a week. The standing game is still a joke. Very few people even get to the level of your average Judo blue belt.
>>
>>2168470
Check the competition records of former USSR countries, where both Judo and Sambo are common. Judo champs never quite reached the same level of success in Sambo, nor did top Sambo practitioners excel at Judo.
>>
>>2172917
Well probably because they aren't doing judo idk I know what you're saying but idk what to say a lot of schools rarely work on takedowns atleast yours does everyday
>>
>>2172820
Lmao the first time I set foot in a boxing gym when I was twelve, they had me spar some 14 year old mexican kid who beat the shit out of me. I love boxing but in a lot of gyms it's a thug sport with mean people. I've met way nicer people in muay thai. And good amatuer and pro thai boxers too. Although I imagine you're just a false flagging bjjfag
>>
File: Cherry Blossom Drill.webm (3MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Cherry Blossom Drill.webm
3MB, 540x540px
>>2172917
Judo Blue Belt? What the fuck rank is that?
Anyway, I'm a Judo Brown Belt and I also train BJJ, and I'm on track to get a Blue Belt in BJJ in March.
As someone that trains both, I will say that the takedowns in my BJJ class is are almost to the point of being worthless, and it isn't the fault of the BJJ class, but because the approach is so different.
In the BJJ class they mainly teach Morote Gari, Kosoto Gari and Sumi Gaeshi. However, it is from the straight drill of the technique... as in, we drill the tech a few times during warmup and then get to groundwork.
In the Judo class, we drill every takedown that we learn from each of the 8 directions on the blossom as well as up and down. Hard to explain, but essentially, uke moves in one direction, and tori responds to the movement with the throw we are drilling.
As a result, the judoka can get kosoto gari in randori much more effectively than the jitz guys can.
>>
>>2173813
I believe blue and green are interchangeable, it's based on club discretion
>>
File: 1406796867126.gif (2MB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1406796867126.gif
2MB, 245x180px
>>2173813
Nice.
In my school, we work a more wrestling oriented stand-up grappling, focused on single/double leg, two on one, armdrag, ankle pick and snap/front head lock. Almost no hip movement but O goshi in self defense and no reap but fore ko soto gari o uchi gari.
.gif is a makkikomi,
We work it only on the ground in Bjj, me especially from a failed double/single trying to peak out.
>>
>royce gracie seminar this week
>$100
>nobody is going
heh, nobody is interested in learning from that hack, it's pretty funny how irrelevant he is

"hey guys, want to learn some old school jiujitsu that hasn't worked for 20 years? we got lapel grabs n sheit"
>>
>>2173813
I'd do judo if I didn't have to learn a bunch a jap words
>>
>>2174167
Great. Please tell us all your excuses for not doing anything.
>>
Can anyone tell me more about catch wrestling?

Realistically I'm not going to find any places that do it, but I like how unorthodox it is (relatively speaking since BJJ/Judo/Freestyle is the norm). I've also been watching a lot of Sakuraba and Josh Barnett clips, so maybe that's why I'm interested.

Are those Fujiwara dvds a good representation of catch?
>>
>>2174256
Judofags trigger too easily
>>
File: Dillashaw vs Lineker Round 1.webm (3MB, 720x402px) Image search: [Google]
Dillashaw vs Lineker Round 1.webm
3MB, 720x402px
Also does anyone want anything webm'd from the Dillashaw/Lineker fight while I still have the fight on my harddrive?
>>
>>2174167
the jap words are easier than eddie bravo words, because at least the jap words mean something and aren't based on how much chill bro out factor they have
>>
File: 1484432326494.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484432326494.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>2174441
I don't know much about cacc, since I've only met a few how practice it, but they were good.
There was a shitstorm with Barnett and some random guy because Barnett wanted to phagocyte his association.
Barnett is damn'd good, no shit.
Thank you for the .webm, I was too lazy to convert it on the spot when I ripped it from facebook.
A nice k.o. in MMA for you, .webm related
>>
File: 1479044783512.webm (2MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1479044783512.webm
2MB, 420x236px
>>2174451
I've already got this .webm from /heem/ since they're doing them so fast...
But If you got some other .webm from this fight, especially TJ's takedown on different angles, do it.
This one you posted is incredible 3 feint for a td, Lineker got dusted there.

from /heem/ too, .webm related.
>>
>>2173062
I just mean general grappling ability. As in, skillwise people would be unable to take someome of that level down.

>>2173813
Nikkyu, if that makes more sense? Just shy of brown belt.

Should get my shodan this year, but both guys I partner with are seriously injured and out for months. Doesn't look to good. Meanwhile I'm probably sandbagging as a BJJ blue belt. My coach just won gold in his division at the Europeans after I ragdolled him while hungover a week ago. Very happy he won though.
>>
>>2175402
That was probably me posting it the first time, since I made it. I haven't really checked /heem/ very often since it got especially cancerous after the Ronda fight.
>>
>>
File: Dillashaw vs Lineker Round 2.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Dillashaw vs Lineker Round 2.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>2131022
>>2171529
>It’s fun and effective. I have actually used it on the streets in a real life self-defense situation. So for every one who says it is not effective or doesn’t work in real life self-defense situations, I have this white a** for you to kiss. – Jeff Glover, BJJ Heroes

I would like to know the context behind the incident.
>>
File: Dillashaw vs Lineker Round 3.webm (3MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
Dillashaw vs Lineker Round 3.webm
3MB, 720x406px
>>
>>2176459
>>2176499
>>2176618
Thank you very much
>>
Is there anywhere in particular all the /asp/ies went after they let fat, cheeto-dust laden, mandrama faggots take over? I want out of this place, it's too much.
>>
>>2178622
Mandrama faggots ruined this board.
>>
>>2178622
They show up in /fit/ from time to time.
>>
>>2179187
o look, it's this racist mmautist again
>>
>>2179241
>Replying to dumb bait.
>Implying this guy have ever stepped into any kind of gym at all.
>>
>>2178622
Nope, bear it with us in those threads that are still relevant...
>>
File: standing rear naked choke BnW.jpg (16KB, 244x370px) Image search: [Google]
standing rear naked choke BnW.jpg
16KB, 244x370px
>be you
>standing in dark alleyway
>where nobody can hear you scream for help if you were so inclined
>violent street hoodlum manages to sneak up behind you
>attempts a rear naked choke on you
What do you do?
>>
>>2179615
>tuck chin
>step behind his leg and hip throw
>[spoiler]FINISH HIM[/spoiler]
>>
>>2179615
https://youtube.com/watch?v=9LVDkBtvNYQ

The only rnc defense there is
>>
File: fedor rnc.jpg (28KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
fedor rnc.jpg
28KB, 350x350px
>>2179615
Please notice that there is no RNC in that picture, just an attempt.
>For the regular RNC/hadaka jime
bend of the elbow is not aligned with trachea for the regular RNC. Attacker's arm don't form the triangle needed for the attack. Attacker is not aligned with defender, Attacker has his hips higher than defender while both still have balance there.
>For the short stroke RNC/hadaka jime kuzure.
Pic related Fedor's version
Radial bone is not in contact with the trachea, choking hand doesn't reach over the scapula of the defender, both hands of the attacker are not joined. Defender's head not resting on attacker's shoulder. Defender's balance not broken.
This one is more dangerous and more "efficient". If defenders try to defend, you can attack a neck crank out of it.
>what do I do?
like in pic, grab attacking arm, squat down pushing my butt back and pull him forward.
>>2179643
Note that the guy in the video can't do a RNC better than a fuckin' white belt since he hasn't aligned the bend of the elbow with the trachea. Those 2 centimeters do a huge difference. Like getting in contact of a cross at the tip of the chin or rockin' back, i.e. K.O. or rocking back with your own cross.
Anyway, you're going to sleep before you grab his nuts if the hoodlum chokes you like in the video.
It is always easy to defend sloppy technique, just like in video related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c8SAHJ7C6U
Wing Tsung specialize itself in crappy techniques defenses. It is god awefull. Worst part is that it put idiots that believe in it in danger.
>>
>>2179752
I posted the video as a joke but the guy in the video is serious
>>
>>2179643
wtf master wong. How could you do a three minute video without any BAHNG PAT sounds or saying BUSSEMUP?
>>
>>2179926
>he's replaced them with more fucks
>>
>>2129514
>Physical conditioning part of training
I can do it at home and do more tehcnique work/sparrings in the gym.
>>
>>2139402
The only god tier are freestyle and greco roman wrestling. MMA is absolutley useless shit tier, if you are amateur MMA fighter you can do nothing against amateur boxer or wrestler.
Combat sambo is shit tier too, it's even worse then MMA.
>>
>>2146289
>The best base for MMA is fucking MMA.
Haha, lol, day of conditioning, day of striking, day of wrestling against three-four days of boxing or three-four days of wrestling. MMA IS USELESS SHIT FOR ADULT AMATEUR.
>>
>>2180640
Why is combat sambo bad, anon?
It looks gud. Is it only gud in Russia? I'd buy that.
>>
File: shrimp squat pistol combo.gif (2MB, 294x304px) Image search: [Google]
shrimp squat pistol combo.gif
2MB, 294x304px
>>2180597
You should do it at home.
Running.
Basic calisthenics.
.gif related
Once Calisthenics are not enough, lift weights.
Flexibility/mobility work. Streching is to losen muscle and avoid getting sore.
>>
File: 096.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
096.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>2129514
FUCK, I want to do bjj, but how it can be safe if your elbows are constantly at risk of getting damage? You opponent literally tries do destroy them, especially at competitions.
>>
>>2180987
Bjj is the less prone to injury of contact combat sport. Since it is the one with the less shock.
The first thing you're going to learn is to tap early and give your opponent the time to tap when you got him right.
>>
>>2180647
>What_are_transitions.jpeg
Do your conditioning at home.
And start to train instead of spouting bullcrap.
>>2180640
>Combat sambo worst than MMA.
It's a safer version and produced fine combatants, from Fedor to Khabib.
>>2180830
He doesn't know shit.
Combat sambo is based as fuck.
>>
>>2181004
>Khabib
His base is freestyle wrestling.
>Fedor
His base is sport sambo, and this is MUCH better then combat sambo.

You knows only bullshit. Combat sambo is shit tier because of low rivalry. I'm russian (belorussian actually), I know better.
>>
>>2181004
>Combat sambo is based as fuck.
This thread is full MMA and freestyle wrestling guys, and they think that combat sambo is useless shit
2ch [dot] hk [slash] sp [slash] res [slash] 1146766 [dot] html
>>
>>2181047
>full
of

fix
>>
>>2180987
You tap or shout stop before the opponent cranks it. Problem solved.
>>
File: Wf4RW2O.jpg (93KB, 704x960px) Image search: [Google]
Wf4RW2O.jpg
93KB, 704x960px
>>2181042
>Combat sambo is shit tier because of low rivalry.
But it is excatly what's needed to have a variation of MMA to enter the Olympics.
Do you make a great diffrence between combat and sport sambo since they're under the same organisation?
To me it is a variation of the same art, with different rules.
.gif unrelated
>>
So I'm learning Boxing and Muay Thai. 2 hours a session, 3ish days a week. How long realistically would it take for me to be considered a "good" fighter, that is, being able to defend myself on the street if the situation called for it?
>>
>>2181110
Good, with 3 times a week, 2 to 5 years.
4 times a week, 2 to 4 years
Add extra conditionning to be better at training
>>
>>2181112
And what exactly do you mean by extra conditioning?
>>
>>2181114
I meant this kind of conditioning
>>2180945
So you can focus on technique/sparring during training.
>>
>>2148898
Do judo, I wrestled for three years in highschool and it's not what you expect. The competition is super fucking crazy in all fairness but the endgame is just dudes rolling all over each other. I tried bjj after muay thai and i was honestly impressed by how many dudes wrestled each other sitting down. And if you judo throw someone who isn't trained to fall that's an easy ko
>>
>>2149644
What is this
>bjj no standup game
meme?
Every school I've been to or heard of in Aus does standup.
Shit, in my teens class we started out sparring from standup once we left fake "teen" white belt, which is nowhere near even a full blue belt and this is when I was 15.
We would only start from knees of positions when the mat space required it.
Did I just luck out /asp/?
>>
>>2183937
I would say you lucked out, there are places where all they teach is sport jiujitsu with no consideration for strikes and they work on takedowns once every couple of months
>>
File: Capture.jpg (41KB, 608x319px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
41KB, 608x319px
>>2183937
This happens more in competition oriented schools since they focus on strategy working the best within the rules.
>>
>>2179752
>Anyway, you're going to sleep before you grab his nuts if the hoodlum chokes you like in the video.
You need less than 1 second to grab and rip the nuts off of someone wearing sweatpants. It takes more than 5 seconds to be choked unconscious.
>>
>>2188184
>not realizing a proper strangle will put someone under instantly
>>
>>2188322
you ever watch UFC? it takes forever to choke someone, each second that passes is a second where you can get mauled or killed in the streets
>>
>>2188553
>he doesn't know the difference of cutting air supply and cutting blood supply
when you cut the blood supply you're also affecting the barol system, which lowers your blood pressure after it spikes, causing a lose of consciousness
>>
>>2188184
>grabbing the nuts if someone who has you in a RNC
if you don't want to wake up that's a fine strategy.
>>
>>2188322
Takes AT LEAST 3-5 seconds even with a perfectly executed choke.
>>
>>2188681
That doesn't mean you're out instantly.
>>
File: 1365567108069.gif (2MB, 340x192px) Image search: [Google]
1365567108069.gif
2MB, 340x192px
>>2188184
>>2189642
>>2190079
With a perfect choke your body freeze instantly and you lose consciousness in about 2-3 seconds.
A perfect choke put pressure on your spinal cord too. This is what actually stops you from moving. Like in a neck crank, your body tries to aleviate the pressure on the vitals. It is a reflex. The only ones that I saw not having this reflex are the junkies, triping hard. Even them end up asleep very fast.
>>2188553
>you ever watch UFC
They're trained, wear gloves and know what's going to happen. That nuts grabbing thing works on 3 weeks white belts, with sloppy technique.
Same with the standing guillotine. If the one doing the guillotine turn his hips and twist torso while pushing head up, keeping it blocked under armpit, the guillotine become a neck cranck. You don't fucking move when someone controls you like that
>>
File: Citation needed.png (44KB, 216x214px) Image search: [Google]
Citation needed.png
44KB, 216x214px
>>2190216
>>
>>2191969
(You)
>Training and practice needed.
.webm related.
You can't even tell what happened there without someone explaining it to you.
>>
File: nose bleed.webm (73KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
nose bleed.webm
73KB, 320x180px
>>2192703
Actually .webm here.
>>
>>2192703
>>Training and practice needed.
>I don't have citation so I'm just going to say he doesn't train
>>
File: Sweep from guard basic.gif (2MB, 383x258px) Image search: [Google]
Sweep from guard basic.gif
2MB, 383x258px
>>2193542
If you train and read what I wrote, you'll understand. When someone write in the ufc, it means that he doesn't know the difference between doing choke bare handed and with gloves.
The point you could have made if you trained chokes, is that I should have specified which RNC, short stroke or classic. One targets primarly the blood flow, the other one target more principally the air intake. Both can attack bloodflow/airintake though.
One can be transformed into a neck crank easily, the other needs a transition to keep in control. Both don't target the neck the same way beside the neck crank transition.
If you train you know which one does what , which one can do the job faster.
This is why I called you out.
>>
>>2194326
Not the anon you replied to, retard.

>that post
You're so mentally retarded, how do you even remember to breath?
>>
>>2194471
It doesn't matter if you're not the one I replied to.
You don't train, so you don't know.
>You now breath manually.
I feel you bro. remember to take your pills.
>>
>>2195144
>implying
>>
/mag/ sucks now, I miss autistic cma fags. This shitposting isn't fun at all
>>
>>2196731
We just need to work together and try harder.
>>
>>2196731
>>2196916
It is just full of people who don't train but a few. And among those few, How many work on technique they would use for sparring? how many spar at least once a week, even if it is light sparring?
This is why /mag/ is dead. Those who spar can't stand shitposter like this>>2191969
>>
>>2197691
Those who train serious MA can't stand idiots who keep spouting memes and jerking over imaginary superiority of certain styles, like bjj.

And this entire discussion is a great opportunity to call bullshit once more on another myth:

http://jap.physiology.org/content/112/3/396
>Mechanism of loss of consciousness during vascular neck restraint
>As the mechanism of unconsciousness is not completely understood, we tested the hypothesis that VNR simply compresses the carotid arteries, thereby decreasing middle cerebral artery blood flow.
>Twenty-four healthy police officers (age 35 ± 4 yr) were studied.
>Ocular fixation occurred in 16 subjects [time 9.5 ± 0.4 (SE) s].
>In addition, with no significant change in HR, ventricular contractility, or MAP, the carotid sinus baroreceptor reflex appears to contribute little to the response to VNR.

(VNR is the fancy scientific term to choke hold)

In short, for those who are too idiotic to understand what science have to say about this, like the anon who insists on choke holds being 2deadly4u:

No, in the studio, it took in average 9 seconds for the participants to display signs of paralysis (the ocular fixation, that's when they stop following a pen with their eyes), and the loss of conscience appeared seconds after that. However, it didn't happened at the same time on all the 24 participants, and 4 participants didn't loss conscience at all. And yeah, the scientist were also like wtf.

Also, this stupid non-sense here >>2190216 is literally destroyed by the same studio when they wrote: "In addition, with no significant change in HR, ventricular contractility, or MAP, the carotid sinus baroreceptor reflex appears to contribute little to the response to VNR". In other words, choke holds can't trigger any reflex as they don't compromise the entirety of the circulatory system.

And that, bitches, is science, not some bullshido from some mall school jerking over bjj.
>>
File: VNR.jpg (107KB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
VNR.jpg
107KB, 1280x533px
>>2197807
>http://jap.physiology.org/content/112/3/396
>read the study.
>See pic related
KEK'D heartly
There are two main variations of hadaka jime. Ask any Judo shodan near you.
1) This in not one of them. VNR as it is called is the police authorized version which is on purpose inefficient (Police want to control, not to kill/maim everytime).
2) Nobody cares about HR, ventricular contractility or MAP if as a certified instructor one can choke out only 5 out of 6 people giving their neck and not resisting at all due to poor technique.
>Imagine a gun that shoot only 5 out of 6 bullets...
3)From the same study:
>Our results demonstrate that the most important mechanism causing unconsciousness during VNR is decreased cerebral blood flow due to bilateral carotid artery compression. [...] The small decrease in CO (9.6 to 7.5 l/min) observed would not seem to be important as there was no change in MAP. In addition, with no significant change in HR, ventricular contractility, or MAP, the carotid sinus baroreceptor reflex appears to contribute little to the response to VNR
and
> Our results indicate that the most important mechanism in causing unconsciousness was decreased cerebral blood flow due to carotid artery compression.
Which is the point I want to make.
4) You're the one pretending I was talking about the baroreceptor reflex.
>A reflex action, differently known as a reflex, is an involuntary and nearly instantaneous movement in response to a stimulus.
I wasn't. There are other reflexes, now you know.
5) Executed properly, the time to choke one out can be reduced to 2-3 sec. While keeping one from moving due to cervical region pressure.
Don't go cherrypicking and hoping nobody is going to read the study to prove you wrong.
Thanks for the read I learned about the baroreceptor reflex and the myoclonic twitches.Now, you can keep pretending you know what you're talking about. Maybe you know about boxing, But about grappling in general, you lack the basics.
>>
>>2198313
>>Someone posts a scientific study on the matter.

>LOL, no, they're doing it wrong!
>With muh ancient secret technique I can insta-ko you by merely pressing some secret pressure points on your neck!
>No, I won't show any evidence, you should know it if you train, is 2deadly to be shown in public. Take my word for it.
>Fuck you,I'm right always and you don't!

Keep posting memes, anon, you're going to reach miles with that attitude.
>>
New thread goes here:
>>2198962
>>
>>2198900
Garbage in, Garbage out.
Your science is as good as flatearthers theories...
The police instructor is shit about what he's doing and everybody can see it.
>Cannot tap 1 out of 6 NOT DEFENDING a RNC.
He knows his shit for sure.
And you're guillible to believe in it.
>Let's gets a fancy name for a more than 2 millenia old technique
>VNC
Wow! Science.
Who's posting memes now?
Yeah, it's you, with your pseudo-meme science.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.